Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only

What did you do with your Mustang today?

Search this Thread

Old 2/13/14, 08:42 AM
Supporting Vendor

Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
As long as you don't mount them near a rubber, or soft plastic surface you should be ok.

I suggest using a 3M double sided adhesive pad vs. the double sided strips of tape.

Nick C.
Old 2/13/14, 08:56 AM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by Diode Dynamics
As long as you don't mount them near a rubber, or soft plastic surface you should be ok.

I suggest using a 3M double sided adhesive pad vs. the double sided strips of tape.

Nick C.
Thanks... I'm assuming 3M double sided available at any HW store?

Here's where I am planning to mount each module.
Attached Thumbnails What did you do with your Mustang today?-img_2901-1-.jpg   What did you do with your Mustang today?-img_2900.jpg  
Old 2/13/14, 10:13 AM
Supporting Vendor

These are similar to the ones we use:

We also include hardware for people that want to mount them that way. I'm surprised VLEDs didn't include screws or any other hardware

Nick C.
Old 2/13/14, 10:40 AM
I Have No Life

These are similar to the ones we use: We also include hardware for people that want to mount them that way. I'm surprised VLEDs didn't include screws or any other hardware Nick C.
Exactly. I was surprised. I pinged you guys before via phone. Great info and very helpful, but didn't have what I was looking for. Perhaps next time.
Old 2/13/14, 10:44 AM
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by FromZto5
Exactly. I was surprised. I pinged you guys before via phone. Great info and very helpful, but didn't have what I was looking for. Perhaps next time.
Did he tell you about our Stage 3 LEDs? The 80 watt bulbs?

Bummer, well! I'm glad to see you got a quality product, even if it is from a competitor

Nick C.
Old 2/13/14, 11:36 AM
I Have No Life

Did he tell you about our Stage 3 LEDs? The 80 watt bulbs? Bummer, well! I'm glad to see you got a quality product, even if it is from a competitor Nick C.
I think I spoke to a lady before… It was a few months ago, but it was in regards to switchbacks at that time.

I do have another need though; The fog lights in our mustangs are H 11s, and I am looking at the Vleds CXAs but they're currently out of stock. Do you have something comparable in terms of brightness? I think if I recall they are 2000 or 4000 lm…

Last edited by FromZto5; 2/13/14 at 11:59 AM.
Old 2/13/14, 11:44 AM
Supporting Vendor

I think I spoke to a lady before… It was a few months ago, but it was in regards to switchbacks at that time.

I do have another need though… The fog lights in our mustangs are H 11s, and I am looking at the Vleds CXAs but they're currently out of stock. Do you have something comparable in terms of brightness? I think if I recall they are 2000 or 4000 lm…
It must have been a while ago, and we've developed some new LEDs that are self contained (no cooling fans etc) that produce an incredible amount of light output.

The Stage 3's can be found here on the site: http://www.diodedynamics.com/store/l...leds-pair.html

I also have a variety of bulbs available for the H11 fog lights, which are definitely comparable in terms of brightness

Feel free to call if you need more information: (314) 205-3033

We definitely have what you are looking for

Nick C.
Old 2/13/14, 12:47 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 127 Likes on 100 Posts
Very nice looking products, I'm definitely tempted by the tail lights. I've been looking for a good set of LED 3157's for years since mine always seem to burn out right around state inspection time and I want a set I can just plug into my factory housings and won't look terrible.

They light up in two brightness's for turn/brake lights too, right? Any pics with these installed?
Old 2/13/14, 12:53 PM
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by Cavero
Very nice looking products, I'm definitely tempted by the tail lights. I've been looking for a good set of LED 3157's for years since mine always seem to burn out right around state inspection time and I want a set I can just plug into my factory housings and won't look terrible.

They light up in two brightness's for turn/brake lights too, right? Any pics with these installed?
They are dual filament bulbs just like the factory bulbs.

I don't have a video showing them on a Mustang yet, but here is a Challenger with our Stage 2 bulbs

I can't stress enough how bright the Stage 3's are though! Truly impressive to behold

Nick C.

Last edited by Diode Dynamics; 2/13/14 at 01:04 PM.
Old 2/13/14, 01:00 PM
I Have No Life

^ It says video does not exist.

Btw, how bright in terms of lumens are your Stage 3's? Also 80W is an awful lot to drive into LED's. Not sure that's possible, without thermal issues.
Old 2/13/14, 01:04 PM
Supporting Vendor

The video can be found on our YouTube channel: Diode Dynamics

Last edited by Diode Dynamics; 2/13/14 at 01:17 PM. Reason: Video link
Old 2/13/14, 01:08 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Video still busted. It it not listed as a public video?
Old 2/13/14, 01:13 PM
Supporting Vendor

^ It says video does not exist.

Btw, how bright in terms of lumens are your Stage 3's? Also 80W is an awful lot to drive into LED's. Not sure that's possible, without thermal issues.
It's not letting me link the youtube video but it can be found on our channel: Diode Dynamics.

80 watts is the maximum power consumption rating on the Stage 3. It doesn't necessarily indicate the lumen output of the LED, and the bulb won't run at maximum draw during it's operation in order to prolong the life of the bulb and also because of heat related issues like you hinted towards. The operating temperatures have been measured and it never exceeded the factory temperatures in our tests.

We do not currently list lumen brightness ratings for our products, as we do not have the equipment necessary to provide these measurements yet (It has been ordered). 99% of sellers online simply provide "calculated" lumen numbers based on the maximum potential brightness of the bulb. For example, if a bulb has five 10-lumen chips, they will rate it at 50 lumens. However, this is far from accurate, as the design of an LED bulb rarely provides the proper conditions for maximum brightness, once it is all put together. We do not provide calculated numbers, as we believe it is misleading to the consumer.

We will be dedicating a large amount of space in our new facility for professional laboratory equipment that will allow us to provide 100% accurate information.

Nick C.
Old 2/13/14, 01:52 PM
Legacy TMS Member

OK, not bad. Will definitely be interested to see them on a Mustang.

Let me take a crack at the youtube link:

Old 2/13/14, 01:57 PM
Supporting Vendor

Our photographer took some videos of them on my Mustang, but they haven't been edited or anything.

I've been trying to get them up for a few weeks, but we are busy working on a physical catalog as well

Nick C.
Old 2/13/14, 03:03 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,733 Likes on 1,232 Posts
Package says they get hot... But I don't think these will on our cars, because we have default resistors built in. Either way, I was planning to use double sided tape and mount it on the inner wall fender on each side. Any opinions or suggestions on that? If it gets hot, I hope it doesn't melt the 3M adhesive double sided tape.
That does look killer! I do like that.
I would just be careful with that stuff Burton. I don't think the 3M tape will hold long if they got hot and I am sure they will get hot.
Old 2/13/14, 04:00 PM
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by Stage_3
That does look killer! I do like that.
I would just be careful with that stuff Burton. I don't think the 3M tape will hold long if they got hot and I am sure they will get hot.
I don't have any knowledge of the temperatures those modules will operate at, but I can say the 3M pads are very resilient to heat. Obviously 200+ degrees will probably lessen the adhesion, but it's worth a shot IMO

Nick C.
Old 2/13/14, 04:35 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
I'm driving it when I get home tonight. Hate not being able to drive it too often, although I feel bad for you guys who don't get to drive yours for months!
Old 2/13/14, 04:45 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,733 Likes on 1,232 Posts
Originally Posted by laserred38
I'm driving it when I get home tonight. Hate not being able to drive it too often, although I feel bad for you guys who don't get to drive yours for months!
You're lucky Patrick.
Enjoy!
Old 2/13/14, 05:33 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by Stage_3
You're lucky Patrick. Enjoy!
I'll them tires for you guys. "Burn some" for my homies lol

Quick Reply: What did you do with your Mustang today?