Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only

What did you do with your Mustang today?

Search this Thread

Old 8/5/14, 03:48 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 545 Likes on 425 Posts
Originally Posted by FromZto5
Yes, S&B makes JLT's. It actually states it on JLT's site. I also confirmed this with S&B directly. Yeah, so next time, just buy from S&B directly (or 3rd party...cheaper).

As for the duration, a month or 2 and it's not blue anymore? wtf... where are you guys driving these cars Also how many miles worth? No way that happens in 1 month or so. I only put about 3k miles a year, so hopefully it will last at least 1 year, then I can switch every year. At 40 bucks a pop, that's less than the cost of a fill up!
My blower kit was finished on 3-22-14, by 5-28-14 the blue filter was gray

On 5-14-14 the filter was part-gray/part-faded-blue

I have dated pics

Last edited by Gabe; 8/5/14 at 03:50 PM.
Old 8/5/14, 04:21 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 53 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by AlsCobra
Exactly why would you put 3.08's in your car?
Top speed. I'll probably put the 3.31's back in once I'm done with an event in October.
Old 8/5/14, 04:23 PM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by kcoTiger
Top speed. I'll probably put the 3.31's back in once I'm done with an event in October.
Texas Mile? Not sure if the high gear will help you that much but good luck with it.
Old 8/5/14, 04:26 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Ordered Cortex's watts link and 3.08 gears. Should be here next week.
Next up

Torque arm!!!!
Old 8/5/14, 04:28 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by AlsCobra
Texas Mile? Not sure if the high gear will help you that much but good luck with it.
No, that's at the end of October. I'm going to Terlingua, TX on the 1st of October for a charity event and one of the things we'll do down there is have a 9-mile open run on a closed stretch of highway. The 3.31's would reach 200mph, maybe a bit more, but with the extra power and torque I have on mine I want to see if I can get it upwards of 220. The 3.08 gears (specifically fifth gear) will allow the car to reach that speed. I'll keep them for the Texas Mile, but mostly for acceleration.
Old 8/5/14, 04:29 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
Next up

Torque arm!!!!
lol...bingo.
Old 8/5/14, 04:31 PM
Post *****

No, that's at the end of October. I'm going to Terlingua, TX on the 1st of October for a charity event and one of the things we'll do down there is have a 9-mile open run on a closed stretch of highway. The 3.31's would reach 200mph, maybe a bit more, but with the extra power and torque I have on mine I want to see if I can get it upwards of 220. The 3.08 gears (specifically fifth gear) will allow the car to reach that speed. I'll keep them for the Texas Mile, but mostly for acceleration.
Is it true that at 220 a little pee comes out?

My ******** would be like a suction cup on the seat it would be puckering so hard.
Old 8/5/14, 04:34 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

My ******** would be like a suction cup on the seat it would be puckering so hard.
My wife increased the return on my life insurance.

I may or may not be wearing an adult diaper that day. I'm also a little conflicted as to whether to have my gopro record the view from the dashboard, or have it record the digital speedometer in engineering mode for the run.
Old 8/5/14, 04:36 PM
Post *****

My wife increased the return on my life insurance. I may or may not be wearing an adult diaper that day. I'm also a little conflicted as to whether to have my gopro record the view from the dashboard, or have it record the digital speedometer in engineering mode for the run.
What kind of tires can go 220?

I'd be like "**** I hope these tires don't blow! **** I hope these tires don't blow! **** I hope these tires don't blow! **** I hope these tires don't blow! Deer! **** I hope these tires don't blow!"
Old 8/5/14, 04:44 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

What kind of tires can go 220?

I'd be like "**** I hope these tires don't blow! **** I hope these tires don't blow! **** I hope these tires don't blow! **** I hope these tires don't blow! Deer! **** I hope these tires don't blow!"
Well, the IDEA is to reach whatever speed the car will make with 5th gear maxed out, then back it down to the finish. So...yeah. I'm basically hoping they stay together for about 2 miles above 200. Roughly. But hey, I don't get many chances to really open it up as wide as it'll go, so...
Old 8/5/14, 06:48 PM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
My wife increased the return on my life insurance.

I may or may not be wearing an adult diaper that day. I'm also a little conflicted as to whether to have my gopro record the view from the dashboard, or have it record the digital speedometer in engineering mode for the run.
Either way, I can't wait to watch it. Even if it's October.
Old 8/5/14, 06:51 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by Gabe
My blower kit was finished on 3-22-14, by 5-28-14 the blue filter was gray On 5-14-14 the filter was part-gray/part-faded-blue I have dated pics
How many miles was that gabe? I go by miles

Besides, as long as it turns NOT red
Old 8/5/14, 07:38 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 545 Likes on 425 Posts
How many miles was that gabe? I go by miles

Besides, as long as it turns NOT red
Well, I had tuning issues then I went away for a couple days, so not my usual, but at least a thousand miles, I'd say no more than 2k though
Old 8/5/14, 08:56 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This is by far the quote of the year... and I agree with your assessment!
Old 8/6/14, 07:39 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jsimmons
I took out this:

And I added this:
So nice. I can't wait to hear more about this.
Old 8/6/14, 11:51 AM
Cobra Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by 06blackvertstang
So nice. I can't wait to hear more about this.
The swap was starting on 01 August, and is currently in progress (I'm also going from auto to manual trans). The motor and trans are bolted up, the pedals are in, the throttle cable is installed, and the we've measured for the driveshaft. We're doing the exhaust today, and once it's situated (hopefully by tonight), we'll send the headers out for ceramic coating (which will take 5-7 working days).

Tomorrow, we should be tackling the fuel system and bolting other stuff to the engine (carb, plug wires, hoses).

After that, we have to do the electrical. If we time it right, the headers should be back by the time we're ready to fire it up.

Finally, we rock and roll.

Last edited by jsimmons; 8/6/14 at 11:53 AM.
Old 8/6/14, 12:34 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I dropped the Mistress off at my mechanic's shop this morning for an oil and coolant change as well as a tire rotation. They are within short walking distance orf my firehouse. She'll be ready by the time I get out off duty at 5:00.
Old 8/6/14, 01:56 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Finally registered it. Worst nightmare ever. I called the DMV hotline to confirm I didn't need a smog - I wait in line, second in line btw, and am told I need to smog it. Even though it's a brand new car and CA Emissions legal.

Then because Chase wouldn't fund the dealer, we had to redo the whole contract which took almost a month, so I couldn't register it in that time. They tried to impose $560 of late registration penalties. The only saving grace I had was that I did the Vehicle Inspection at another DMV two days after buying the car, so I attempted to register and pay sales tax then, so they waived the penalties.

Then they couldn't find my old HOONIGT plates in the computer system, even though I had them in my hand. They just don't exist. So I had to get regular plates. The ones I got start with 7FUB (efff you b*tch) so maybe I'll just keep them until I get my legacy plates sometime next year. What. A. Fiasco.

Brian, thank you for your help and hospitality, but I don't think I'd buy out of state again. Nothing against Bowen Scarff, because you guys were great, friendly and super accommodating, but it was so not worth the headaches that have come from it. Even IF I'd have to give a dealer around here my money, which I really don't want to do. This was just too much. I'm a very easy going, understanding customer, as I've worked customer service for almost 12 years now. I don't let anything raise my blood pressure, but it was boiling at the DMV today when they told me I had to go get it smogged, after the DMV HQ and another DMV site told me I didn't. Even then, they didn't make me wait in line when I came back, but it was just ridiculous that I had to do it for a brand new car in the first place I effing hate this state.
Old 8/6/14, 02:10 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Well... I'll be the first to say, YOU GUYS WERE RIGHT.

My halo fogs arrived from HIDguy. And I'm very disappointed to say the least.

Remember that this took 6.5 weeks to arrive, mind you.

Package arrived today, and I'm greeted with:

a) A large crack on the edge of the lens where they "opened" it up then resealed. Not only will it be visible from the outside, but that's a major cause/concern for moisture and water seeping in.

b) There's either a "glob" of adhesive or something else on the right side face of the lens. It won't come off. Tried scrubbing it, cleaning it, rubbing it off...even claying it. I even started marring the rest of the lens surface so I stopped. Not sure if it's even a burn mark of some sort.

Either way, I'm not sure how this item could have passed quality check. Would you guys accept something like this?

So anyways, I have a call into them and emailed them the pics. The way I see it, there's 2 solutions.

1) I run with this current set up, while they manufacture another x1 fog light assembly with the issues addressed.

2) Complete refund on everything.

I'm leaning towards #2 right now... but I dunno.

Thoughts?

So disappointed.
Attached Thumbnails What did you do with your Mustang today?-crack1.jpg   What did you do with your Mustang today?-crack2.jpg   What did you do with your Mustang today?-crack3.jpg   What did you do with your Mustang today?-glob1.jpg   What did you do with your Mustang today?-glob2.jpg  

Old 8/6/14, 02:18 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Well... I'll be the first to say, YOU GUYS WERE RIGHT. My halo fogs arrived from HIDguy. And I'm very disappointed to say the least. Remember that this took 6.5 weeks to arrive, mind you. Package arrived today, and I'm greeted with: a) A large crack on the edge of the lens where they "opened" it up then resealed. Not only will it be visible from the outside, but that's a major cause/concern for moisture and water seeping in. b) There's either a "glob" of adhesive or something else on the right side face of the lens. It won't come off. Tried scrubbing it, cleaning it, rubbing it off...even claying it. I even started marring the rest of the lens surface so I stopped. Not sure if it's even a burn mark of some sort. Either way, I'm not sure how this item could have passed quality check. Would you guys accept something like this? So anyways, I have a call into them and emailed them the pics. The way I see it, there's 2 solutions. 1) I run with this current set up, while they manufacture another x1 fog light assembly with the issues addressed. 2) Complete refund on everything. I'm leaning towards #2 right now... but I dunno. Thoughts? So disappointed.
I've seen better looking dinner plates after a drunken Greek wedding.

Refund!

Quick Reply: What did you do with your Mustang today?