Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only

What did you do with your Mustang today?

Search this Thread

Old 8/7/14, 01:40 PM
Supporting Vendor

Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by FromZto5
^ now THAT's what I'm talking about. I would like to buy an ALL DONE, NO HASSLE, PLUG AND PLAY set of fog lights WITH halos already in them. I'm not sure why these aren't more common

Please keep me informed for when these become available.

I have no interest in cutting my own fogs up, installing LED's, resealing, etc etc... nope. I would like to leave that to the pro's!
I will keep you updated

Nick C.
Old 8/7/14, 03:02 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,733 Likes on 1,232 Posts
Originally Posted by DaGonz
I went to pick up the Mistress... when I went to pay, I found out that I got the coolant change and tire rotation for free! A couple of months ago, I found a pair of brake rotors and pads in the garage that I had bought for my 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee. Since I no longer own the Cherokee, I brought them to my mechanic shop (B&B Automotive) and Dan, one of the owners told me that he would give me a credit towards parts and labor the next time I brought one of the cars in the stable in.
Well to be honest, I completely forgot about that, as did he. It just so happened that he did a rotor and pad replacement on a 2001 Grand Cherokee today, then he remembered the parts I gave him... henceforth, no charge for the coolant change and rotation!
That's awesome Ron.
Honesty is almost a thing of the past! That's a great place to do business with. Good for them.
Old 8/7/14, 03:55 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 545 Likes on 425 Posts
Burton, why not buy a spare set of fogs and send them to Diode Dynamics for them to do their thing?
Old 8/7/14, 03:57 PM
Supporting Vendor

Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by Gabe
Burton, why not buy a spare set of fogs and send them to Diode Dynamics for them to do their thing?
We don't accept mailed in housings, because customers weren't using enough packaging and they would show up damaged.

If we get enough demand, we could offer replacement assemblies with various angel eye and LED options

Nick C.
Old 8/7/14, 05:01 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 545 Likes on 425 Posts
Originally Posted by Diode Dynamics
We don't accept mailed in housings, because customers weren't using enough packaging and they would show up damaged.

If we get enough demand, we could offer replacement assemblies with various angel eye and LED options

Nick C.
Something tells me if Burton was to ship something out, it would be packed in about 20 lbs of bubble-wrap ... lol
Old 8/7/14, 05:25 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by Diode Dynamics
We don't accept mailed in housings, because customers weren't using enough packaging and they would show up damaged. If we get enough demand, we could offer replacement assemblies with various angel eye and LED options Nick C.
Something tells me if Burton was to ship something out, it would be packed in about 20 lbs of bubble-wrap ... lol
Gabe I'd be all up for that.

Nick, here's another option. What if I bought a brand new set of fogs from either Ford or elsewhere, in box, have them ship it to you directly? Or, I could clearly document (pictures, etc) the items before I shipped them to you?

Gabe is right though...I'd be the last person you would have to worry about ANYthing being scratched
Old 8/8/14, 05:55 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
He would bubble wrap his bubble wrap. Which is a good thing. I had an idiot send me a lens one time in a padded envelope. Let's just say that didn't turn out real well.
Old 8/9/14, 04:11 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
When I get off duty from the firehouse @ 0700, I'm heading over to Herb Chamber's Infiniti in Westborough for "Cars and Coffee"; this afternoon, the Mistress, the wife and I are headed to a family cookout in Waltham.
Old 8/9/14, 08:11 AM
Bullitt Member

I had a horrible start to the week. Missed a deer and hit a curb. But I have come to realize that there are some good people. Jay at Hypermotive gave me a great price on the new wheel and I went to the same tire shop to have it put on and when I went to pay he said no charge. Luckily there wasn't any damage to the tire.
Old 8/9/14, 09:43 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 212 Likes on 145 Posts
mine went in for a dealer oil/service today. 20,000 km. NOT a single fingerprint on her anywhere except near the driver door handle

The engine bay also remains spotless

Kudos to Westcoast Ford
Old 8/9/14, 11:03 AM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,733 Likes on 1,232 Posts
Originally Posted by bjbsav
I had a horrible start to the week. Missed a deer and hit a curb. But I have come to realize that there are some good people. Jay at Hypermotive gave me a great price on the new wheel and I went to the same tire shop to have it put on and when I went to pay he said no charge. Luckily there wasn't any damage to the tire.
Wow,...that is pretty awesome about the outcome.
You don't hear too many stories like this any more.
Old 8/9/14, 11:08 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Stage_3
Wow,...that is pretty awesome about the outcome.
You don't hear too many stories like this any more.
For sure! I grew up in a small business family where things like this were the norm.

I need to find out what kind of Beer Gabe and Tiny from the shop drink and drop off a couple of cases.
Old 8/9/14, 11:34 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Originally Posted by bjbsav
For sure! I grew up in a small business family where things like this were the norm.

I need to find out what kind of Beer Gabe and Tiny from the shop drink and drop off a couple of cases.
That's how things should work more often.
Old 8/9/14, 12:15 PM
I Have No Life

Went to a REAL DYNO today… Updates shortly.
Old 8/9/14, 01:09 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 127 Likes on 100 Posts
Drove mine to the local Cars and Coffee, where nobody noticed it. Hard to compete with Ford GTs, Shelby Cobras, Ferraris, Mercedes SLSs (2) Audi R8's, classic hot rods, Austin Healeys, etc. Incredible morning and home by 9AM.
Old 8/9/14, 01:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Drove mine 1000 miles!!!, from madisonville kentucky back to houston texas--only 1 speeding ticket lol
Old 8/9/14, 06:23 PM
I Have No Life

Update: Went to the Des Moines Cars and Coffee today for a show and dyno! Figured I'd take Sean's (MJJ) advice and try Karl's Performance. They had a superflow dyno. I hope waking up at 4:45 am to drive 2 hours to cool down in time, was finally worth it. Turns out, it was finally a success.

We arrived there at 7:15. Parked, and put my name in for the dyno shootout. I let 2 other guys get on before me. I got on, around 9. Almost 2 hours of cool down would hopefully do the trick. Temp was 70ish…hardly any humidity. Perfect.

Got strapped on within minutes. And his "setup" time, literally took many 5 minutes tops. Started the car, and within a couple minutes of additional set up and sync time, we literally did our first pull.

510 whp and 434 wtq

Waited about 15 minutes with 2 fans on, then did it again.

Finally!!! Redemption! Numbers where I wanted to be! (sortta…lol) 521 whp and 446 wtq. 15 to 20% loss, puts me at what, between 615 and 650 crank hp? Best part is the flat torque "curve"… hehe.

I really think the key was how awesome the dyno guy was. I mean he was FAST. Strap. Set up. Go. No f*ing around, no dinking around with other mumbo jumbo runs that get me all heat soaked. Remember the other 2??? I mean Christ…they were getting me all heat soaked AND entering all the data wrong.

So anyways, those are the numbers. 8.5lbs of boost. I'll take it. Thanks for bearing with me the last couple months on this fiasco of getting properly dyno'd.

Up next for mods? CF driveshaft and maybe an upgraded Heat Exchanger/Dual fans, etc… I need some cooling upgrades

Here's the pics:

The heartbreaker itself!!!

Waiting to get on the dyno NEXT!!!

Getting set up….

Here's the vids. 1st one is his ONLY "setup run". Notice how quick it is. He knew what he was doing. No wasting time getting heat soaked. We ran right after.

And here's the vid of the 1st pull. The 2nd pull I didn't get a good video of Either way, the Corsas are on full blare…

Last edited by FromZto5; 8/9/14 at 07:02 PM.
Old 8/9/14, 06:50 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by FromZto5
Update: Went to the Des Moines Cars and Coffee today for a show and dyno! Figured I'd take Sean's (MJJ) advice and try Karl's Performance. They had a superflow dyno. I hope waking up at 4:45 am to drive 2 hours to cool down in time, was finally worth it. Turns out, it was finally a success.

Finally!!! Redemption! Numbers where I wanted to be! (sortta…lol) 521 whp and 446 wtq.
Congrats Burton!

*Ahem* as I was saying ...
Attached Thumbnails What did you do with your Mustang today?-burton2.jpg   What did you do with your Mustang today?-burton3.jpg  
Old 8/9/14, 06:55 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by silverstate777
Congrats Burton!

*Ahem* as I was saying ...
HAHAHAHA touche John… touche….

thanks buddy
Old 8/9/14, 07:50 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

I used my mustang to go all the way into town for a special rubber/brass grommet i needed on my ducati. PERFECT day for a top down ride. Took the neighbor with me. Good way to spend a couple hours while the new battery charged up.

THEN, tonight after putting the panels back on, THERE WAS THE MISSING grommet LOL!

Oh well. It's never a wasted trip in the mustang

Name:  20140809_133631_zps48540338.jpg
Views: 54
Size:  381.3 KB

Quick Reply: What did you do with your Mustang today?