Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
18.18%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
81.82%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 9/20/14, 06:14 AM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by HOSS429
hey !!! that could be any other red 80 pinto with hand painted on black stripes , ,
Every time I see a picture of your Pinto, I think of the 1970 Javelin

Mustangs Coast to Coast-image-3806745264.jpg
Old 9/20/14, 09:32 AM
legacy Tms Member

Received 154 Likes on 117 Posts
they get called a gremlin as much as a pinto .
Attached Thumbnails Mustangs Coast to Coast-dscn0421.jpg  
Old 9/20/14, 03:57 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I always chuckle when I see a gremlin
Old 9/20/14, 07:47 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 107 Likes on 95 Posts
Originally Posted by HOSS429
they get called a gremlin as much as a pinto .
I want the one on the left. It's cool.

What do I do if the pic is reversed?
Old 9/20/14, 08:34 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You say "Gimme the one with the spinners!"
Old 9/21/14, 12:44 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts
So I stop at the welcome center today for a smoke break and ****....

Name:  DSCN4390_zps62e32a9a.jpg
Views: 31
Size:  222.5 KB

and as I pull into a space my keen Mustang eye spots one on the other side of the lot, all alone and it looks good. Then I notice that its a Shelby, almost instantly, and there is nobody around. So I grab my camera and start that way to take a pic. As I'm headed over there, an older couple (well my age or a little more, I now see "those people" as "older" LMAO) headed down the sidewalk in that direction. For some reason they just didn't strike me as "Mustang people", I figured they were headed to the Prius that was parked close by.

As I start that way to snap my pic, I notice that they went right past the Prius and other ****boxes around and they opened up the Shelby and got in. I put a rush on things and by the time I got there they were already in with the doors shut.

So I walked around to the driver's door and waved and he reluctantly rolled the window down (hadn't even started it yet), probably thought I was a derelict bum by the way I was dressed and hung over from last night, lol.

So I tell him how much I like his car and that I love the color. That kind of eased him off a bit and I proceeded to tell him that I'm a Mustang guy, have had more than I can count and that I have a Shelby also. We talked for a minute and I noticed that his accent sounded a lot like mine, and he mentioned that that they were headed to the same place I was, lol. Then he mentioned driving it to work sometimes and a certain road and I was like "where?!?!?" and he repeated it. Come to find out, not only are we both Shelby owners, both headed to the same place, but here we are 2 states away, 500 miles from home, and he lives only about 20 minutes away from my house. Talk about freaky.

Name:  DSCN4391_zps55095b99.jpg
Views: 25
Size:  130.1 KB
Old 9/21/14, 01:10 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
So I stop at the welcome center today for a smoke break and ****.... and as I pull into a space my keen Mustang eye spots one on the other side of the lot, all alone and it looks good. Then I notice that its a Shelby, almost instantly, and there is nobody around. So I grab my camera and start that way to take a pic. As I'm headed over there, an older couple (well my age or a little more, I now see "those people" as "older" LMAO) headed down the sidewalk in that direction. For some reason they just didn't strike me as "Mustang people", I figured they were headed to the Prius that was parked close by. As I start that way to snap my pic, I notice that they went right past the Prius and other ****boxes around and they opened up the Shelby and got in. I put a rush on things and by the time I got there they were already in with the doors shut. So I walked around to the driver's door and waved and he reluctantly rolled the window down (hadn't even started it yet), probably thought I was a derelict bum by the way I was dressed and hung over from last night, lol. So I tell him how much I like his car and that I love the color. That kind of eased him off a bit and I proceeded to tell him that I'm a Mustang guy, have had more than I can count and that I have a Shelby also. We talked for a minute and I noticed that his accent sounded a lot like mine, and he mentioned that that they were headed to the same place I was, lol. Then he mentioned driving it to work sometimes and a certain road and I was like "where?!?!?" and he repeated it. Come to find out, not only are we both Shelby owners, both headed to the same place, but here we are 2 states away, 500 miles from home, and he lives only about 20 minutes away from my house. Talk about freaky.
Nothing like making new Mustang friends, even when they live in town and you've never seen them before!
Old 9/21/14, 02:01 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Met a Ferrari 308 today in town. Dude had the targa roof out and looked just like an old, fat, balding, Magnum PI. Mustache and all.
Old 9/21/14, 05:52 AM

So I stop at the welcome center today for a smoke break and ****.... and as I pull into a space my keen Mustang eye spots one on the other side of the lot, all alone and it looks good. Then I notice that its a Shelby, almost instantly, and there is nobody around. So I grab my camera and start that way to take a pic. As I'm headed over there, an older couple (well my age or a little more, I now see "those people" as "older" LMAO) headed down the sidewalk in that direction. For some reason they just didn't strike me as "Mustang people", I figured they were headed to the Prius that was parked close by. As I start that way to snap my pic, I notice that they went right past the Prius and other ****boxes around and they opened up the Shelby and got in. I put a rush on things and by the time I got there they were already in with the doors shut. So I walked around to the driver's door and waved and he reluctantly rolled the window down (hadn't even started it yet), probably thought I was a derelict bum by the way I was dressed and hung over from last night, lol. So I tell him how much I like his car and that I love the color. That kind of eased him off a bit and I proceeded to tell him that I'm a Mustang guy, have had more than I can count and that I have a Shelby also. We talked for a minute and I noticed that his accent sounded a lot like mine, and he mentioned that that they were headed to the same place I was, lol. Then he mentioned driving it to work sometimes and a certain road and I was like "where?!?!?" and he repeated it. Come to find out, not only are we both Shelby owners, both headed to the same place, but here we are 2 states away, 500 miles from home, and he lives only about 20 minutes away from my house. Talk about freaky.
Too cool. If I had that experience I would probably start the story with "I saw this young couple...."
Old 9/21/14, 04:59 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

The Gulf is fantastic this trip. Its clearer, bluer and cleaner than I've seen it in quite a while. Calm, warm, no bad currents, and so clear you can see the bottom no matter how far you swim out. Had a great time today swimming and playing around in it. And the beach is free of debris too, sugar white and pristine like it used to be years ago.

Name:  DSCN4400_zps7f64577c.jpg
Views: 26
Size:  100.9 KB

Name:  DSCN4399_zps2ef14432.jpg
Views: 30
Size:  102.4 KB
Old 9/21/14, 05:13 PM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
The Gulf is fantastic this trip. Its clearer, bluer and cleaner than I've seen it in quite a while. Calm, warm, no bad currents, and so clear you can see the bottom no matter how far you swim out. Had a great time today swimming and playing around in it. And the beach is free of debris too, sugar white and pristine like it used to be years ago.
Dang! Haven't seen it that nice in a while. How long you staying up there this time? The cruise in Biloxi is only a few weeks away.
Old 9/21/14, 06:13 PM
Houston xBox Players
Club President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Where is that at?!
Old 9/21/14, 06:31 PM

Wow! You are not in Galveston Dorothy.
Old 9/21/14, 07:06 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Quite blue!
Old 9/21/14, 08:01 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,232 Likes on 1,664 Posts
What no drownings no heart attacks? What a boring arz place?!?
Old 9/21/14, 08:33 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Originally Posted by AlsCobra
Dang! Haven't seen it that nice in a while. How long you staying up there this time? The cruise in Biloxi is only a few weeks away.
I know! I mean its always nice, but oddly enough I haven't seen it this nice since the year of the BP oil spill. The news media would have led you to believe that it was a disaster area, but it was actually the nicest I've seen it in ages up until this trip. It was no where near this nice a few month ago when I was down here.
Right now I'm planning on staying a month, but some of that will be closer to you, going over to Gulf Shores and Mobile for a couple weeks also to visit family. When is the cruise week? I'll probably be close by that time.

Originally Posted by NinjaSteffers
Where is that at?!
My condo, pics taken from my bedroom balcony.

Sorry, just being a smart ****. Its on the Fl. panhandle, the Emerald Coast, Redneck Rivera, whatever you want to call it.

Originally Posted by phiggs54
Wow! You are not in Galveston Dorothy.
You've got that **** right. The Gulf in y'alls part of the world looks like a mud hole I'm sorry to say. Been there a few times.

Originally Posted by StangMahn
Quite blue!

Its is, wonderful to swim in this trip. I swam way out today, waaaay over my head and could still see the bottom as clear as could be.

Last edited by Rather B.Blown; 9/21/14 at 08:37 PM.
Old 9/21/14, 09:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How many Mustangs?

How many Mustangs have I had? Let's see my first was a 1980 in the two tone paint blue/white but only a 4. Then I bought the 1984 GT 350 Anniv Edition. Bought it new and swore would never sell it, but did so in 2003 Darn! Also had a 1972 Coupe as my daily driver and boy the manual choke was not fun! Now I share a 2008 GT/CS with my adult son. Really like the retro feel. Bought it new and now trying to sell it. Like a collector to buy it, but living in a small town not many have the Mustang collecting interest I'm afraid.
Attached Thumbnails Mustangs Coast to Coast-front-nose.jpg  
Old 9/21/14, 09:47 PM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
I know! I mean its always nice, but oddly enough I haven't seen it this nice since the year of the BP oil spill. The news media would have led you to believe that it was a disaster area, but it was actually the nicest I've seen it in ages up until this trip. It was no where near this nice a few month ago when I was down here. Right now I'm planning on staying a month, but some of that will be closer to you, going over to Gulf Shores and Mobile for a couple weeks also to visit family. When is the cruise week? I'll probably be close by that time. My condo, pics taken from my bedroom balcony. Sorry, just being a smart ****. Its on the Fl. panhandle, the Emerald Coast, Redneck Rivera, whatever you want to call it. You've got that **** right. The Gulf in y'alls part of the world looks like a mud hole I'm sorry to say. Been there a few times. Its is, wonderful to swim in this trip. I swam way out today, waaaay over my head and could still see the bottom as clear as could be.
The cruise is on the second weekend of October. Let me know if you take a ride out there. I might get a room Thursday night but will probably just drive back out there Saturday. No way I'm paying that much to stay out there Friday and Saturday night. Should be another huge turn out again this year. That guy Danny from Counting Cars has his band playing at the hard rock Thursday night so I might stay there to check out the show.
Old 9/21/14, 10:59 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Originally Posted by AlsCobra
The cruise is on the second weekend of October. Let me know if you take a ride out there. I might get a room Thursday night but will probably just drive back out there Saturday. No way I'm paying that much to stay out there Friday and Saturday night. Should be another huge turn out again this year. That guy Danny from Counting Cars has his band playing at the hard rock Thursday night so I might stay there to check out the show.
I'll see how it goes and what I run into. I might stay here for a while, but I'm definitely headed over to the Alabama coast too so I can see some family, I'll be about an hour from Biloxi. I've got a month of stuff cleared and taken care of already back home. But I do have to get over to Mobile and Gulf Shores for a bit to see some people, specifically my little nephews. They go wild when I come, make me feel like a rock star. They get so excited because they get to stay up late, and hang out with me and the grown ups (and they know they're going to get presents and money, lol). Then they want me to come pick them up at school, go to their ball games (which I really don't care for because they don't allow drinks or smoking at little league games, lol) but at least I get to spend time with them and I love them more than anything.

Last edited by Rather B.Blown; 9/21/14 at 11:02 PM.
Old 9/21/14, 11:15 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Good One Coming On.

Two six packs of Shiner, 99 cent butane lighter, Luck Strikes and a fifth of Patron.

Well, I couldn't find any Shiner, and I don't smoke Lucky Strikes so this was the best I could do for a photo opportunity.

Name:  DSCN4404_zpsfa6b7b50.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  130.1 KB

Quick Reply: Mustangs Coast to Coast