Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
16.67%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
83.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 9/21/14, 11:35 PM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
I'll see how it goes and what I run into. I might stay here for a while, but I'm definitely headed over to the Alabama coast too so I can see some family, I'll be about an hour from Biloxi. I've got a month of stuff cleared and taken care of already back home. But I do have to get over to Mobile and Gulf Shores for a bit to see some people, specifically my little nephews. They go wild when I come, make me feel like a rock star. They get so excited because they get to stay up late, and hang out with me and the grown ups (and they know they're going to get presents and money, lol). Then they want me to come pick them up at school, go to their ball games (which I really don't care for because they don't allow drinks or smoking at little league games, lol) but at least I get to spend time with them and I love them more than anything.
If you've never been to the cruise, you should check it out. Not much else out there like it. Just hot rods as far as you can see. Thousands of cars at each stop and there are multiple stops going on at the same time. Really too much to see so we usually just find a spot on the side of the road and just watch them cruise. Too bad I don't have a car right now but the traffic in my truck should be a nice change at least.
Old 9/21/14, 11:39 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Good One Coming On. Two six packs of Shiner, 99 cent butane lighter, Luck Strikes and a fifth of Patron. Well, I couldn't find any Shiner, and I don't smoke Lucky Strikes so this was the best I could do for a photo opportunity.
Ugh patron is absolutely horrid.
Old 9/22/14, 12:25 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 643 Likes on 463 Posts
Originally Posted by laserred38
Ugh patron is absolutely horrid.

Tastes pretty damned clean to me, and the people I'm with seem to like it. So why don't you tell me what I should get since you're the expert on liquor at 22 years old.
Old 9/22/14, 01:07 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

I didn't mean to be a dick to Patrick in the last post, but I'm just seriously pissed off right now.

All the signs say that the pool closes at 11, but none of them say anything about the hot tubs. So me being the night owl I am and stove up a bit I thought I would go down to the beach for a few minutes since there was nobody around and then get in the hot tub so the jets and warmth might help my bad back.

I took a giant LIIT in a plastic cup with me and had a little pouch with my keys, cigs, lighter, etc. in it.

So I'm sitting there relaxing with nobody around enjoying the peacefulness of the waves crashing , I'm the only soul for miles and those hot jets of water are really feeling good on my bad back.

I'm zoned out, in another world and suddenly I'm jolted out of it by a 20ish year old kid standing behind me (never even knew he walked up) yelling "HEY BUDDY, THE HOT TUB IS CLOSED!!"

Scared the **** out of me at first until I got my bearings. Looked up and he was standing behind me (the hot tub is sunk down into the deck) basically straddled over me looking down and shines his flashlight in my face and eyes.

I said "what??" still kind of confused and blinded and he immediately spouted back, "THE HOT TUB IS CLOSED, YOU NEED TO EVACUATE RIGHT NOW!!!"

By this time I was pissed, irritated, because I know pretty much all of the security people and they know me, we cut up and speak to each other often. But not this new little kid, he had his "resort badge", uniform and flashlight and he was Billy Bad *** in his mind. So I could see things were about to go south, but some of it was my fault, I was lit and I let him get to me.

Within a few seconds after that, I hopped myself up onto the side of the hot tub, on the deck and he was still all puffed up.

I said hey buddy, I paid $XXX,XXX to stay here whenever I want and there is nothing about the hot tub closing at a certain time. He shined that light back in my face and said, "I don't give a **** about your bad back and you renting a place here for the weekend, I'm telling you to get your *** out of the hot tub NOW!"

I'm a pretty laid back nice guy that doesn't say much but that was the straw that broke the camel's back for me. I said, I didn't rent a place for the weekend, I own a goddanmed place here, right up there (and pointed to my condo balcony. He just had to take it a step further after that and said, "Yeah, I'm REAL sure somebody like YOU owns a place here" sarcastically as hell.

I grabbed my little bag with my smokes, lighter, key, etc. that also had my owner's card in it. Whipped it out and handed it to him. And within 10 seconds you could see the expression on his face change, the next words out of his mouth were "I'm so sorry SIR, feel free to stay as long as you'd like"ff and every phrase after that was "yes sir, no sir" etc. By that time I was PISSED, I said, no, I'm done, I'll get my *** out of the hot tub and go back to my condo. (Funny ****ing thing I wasn't "sir" 30 seconds ago, I was just a dumb redneck in "his" hot tub that he had control over.)

But you just keep in mind that when you're talking to people, you never know who you are dealing with and you can't judge a book by its cover or people by the way they look, talk or sound.

I told him I knew his boss but I wasn't going to say anything because he was young and just started, but I did tell him that if I ever heard that he talked to one of my customers the way he treated me I'd make sure he was shietcanned posthaste.

So needless to say, I'm one pissed of person right now. I came back, fixed me another drink and said to hell with it. lol.

But don't think I won't file that **** away in my mind for a later date.
Old 9/22/14, 01:29 AM

Don't be pissed man. Redneck hippie not following the rules is all the kid saw. Yep totally your fault you were profiled. Totally his fault not watching his language with guests though. You really over analyze things a lot though. Should have just enjoyed putting the little shyt in his place and made him go fill your cup the rest of the night.
Old 9/22/14, 01:55 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Originally Posted by AlsCobra
Don't be pissed man. Redneck hippie not following the rules is all the kid saw. Yep totally your fault you were profiled. Totally his fault not watching his language with guests though. You really over analyze things a lot though. Should have just enjoyed putting the little shyt in his place and made him go fill your cup the rest of the night.
Not following the rules my ***. I've had this place for years and there is nothing anywhere about closing time for the hot tubs. And like I said, I'm a laid back guy that hates any kind of confrontation, hell I hate interaction with people at all, that's why I waited until everyone was gone to get in there.

But some little boy with a flash light that is younger than my own kid telling me to "get my *** out" and "evacuate" ( that was the one that got me, evacuate? hes been watching too many episodes of Cops, LOL, "evacuate" my ***, give me a ****ing break)
Hell, the only reason I carry my owner's card is because there are several restaurants and bars on the property and I get 25% off with it (yes, I'm a cheap **** as if you didn't know, lol). And I tip really well and in cash so they can put it in their pocket if they want and keep it off the books from taxes, not that I would advocate anything like that, lol. So the bar tenders know me well, I'll tip $5 per drink because they make mine with the good stuff and pour heavy. Like the margaritas that one of the girls makes for me. They're about $9, but I get my 25% discount with my card and I tip well, so she will make them with a double or triple pour of 1800 tequila and use Grand Marnier instead of triple sec, then float the top with Grand Marnier, and that **** ain't cheap, its about $50 for a fifth, but she knows shes going to get a $5 tip on each of my drinks.

I know I seem to be a cheap bastard on here, but when it comes to bartenders and waitresses/waiters, I'm very generous because I know that many of the servers only make about $2.14 an hour. And if they take good care of me, I take care of them. And if its a place where I frequent and they know me, the remember that and bend over backwards to go that extra mile for service.

Don't take it the wrong way, but there have been many times where the service and drinks were excellent (especially the drinks, that made the difference, lol) where I have tipped $50 on a check that was only $50.

I might seem like a hard, old, cheap, curmudgeon, but I'm actually very polite and generous when it comes right down to it, but you'd never know it from looking at me the way I dress, and you damned sure wouldn't know it if you heard me talk for a few minutes, lol.

Last edited by Rather B.Blown; 9/22/14 at 02:23 AM.
Old 9/22/14, 02:16 AM

Not following the rules my ***. I've had this place for years and there is nothing anywhere about closing time for the hot tubs. And like I said, I'm a laid back guy that hates any kind of confrontation, hell I hate interaction with people at all, that's why I waited until everyone was gone to get in there. But some little boy with a flash light that is younger than my own kid telling me to "get my *** out" and "evacuate" ( that was the one that got me, evacuate? hes been watching too many episodes of Cops, LOL, "evacuate" my ***, give me a ****ing break)
Lmao. It's kinda funny that he flustered you though. I would have definitely taken advantage of the situation. I would still be soaking while he went refill my drinks for the rest of the night. Really wish I could take a trip out there for a few nights. Haven't been to the Bama coast in a couple years. Gonna have to make it a point next year.
Old 9/22/14, 02:27 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Lmao. It's kinda funny that he flustered you though. I would have definitely taken advantage of the situation. I would still be soaking while he went refill my drinks for the rest of the night. Really wish I could take a trip out there for a few nights. Haven't been to the Bama coast in a couple years. Gonna have to make it a point next year.
Edited that last post, go back and read it if you have time.

PS, I'm on the panhandle, not Bama right now.The beaches and water don't look this good on the Bama coast, but those royal reds sure are good. Mmmmmmmmmmmm.
Old 9/22/14, 02:54 AM

Edited that last post, go back and read it if you have time. PS, I'm on the panhandle, not Bama right now.The beaches and water don't look this good on the Bama coast, but those royal reds sure are good. Mmmmmmmmmmmm.
Oh you bastard! Damm I could go for a couple dozen reds right about now.

I hear you though man. You like to be the rich homeless looking bum.lol. It works and people don't bother you or try to buddy up to you because you look like you got something. I really don't like people much either and my own issues cause me to not fit in very well anyways. New people don't do so well around me.
Old 9/22/14, 08:52 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Tastes pretty damned clean to me, and the people I'm with seem to like it. So why don't you tell me what I should get since you're the expert on liquor at 22 years old.
I haven't read your story yet, but I didn't take it the wrong way. I just turned 27 yesterday, btw lol.

I can't stay mad at you Lee....Al on the other hand...
Old 9/22/14, 09:02 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Not following the rules my ***. I've had this place for years and there is nothing anywhere about closing time for the hot tubs. And like I said, I'm a laid back guy that hates any kind of confrontation, hell I hate interaction with people at all, that's why I waited until everyone was gone to get in there. But some little boy with a flash light that is younger than my own kid telling me to "get my *** out" and "evacuate" ( that was the one that got me, evacuate? hes been watching too many episodes of Cops, LOL, "evacuate" my ***, give me a ****ing break) Hell, the only reason I carry my owner's card is because there are several restaurants and bars on the property and I get 25% off with it (yes, I'm a cheap **** as if you didn't know, lol). And I tip really well and in cash so they can put it in their pocket if they want and keep it off the books from taxes, not that I would advocate anything like that, lol. So the bar tenders know me well, I'll tip $5 per drink because they make mine with the good stuff and pour heavy. Like the margaritas that one of the girls makes for me. They're about $9, but I get my 25% discount with my card and I tip well, so she will make them with a double or triple pour of 1800 tequila and use Grand Marnier instead of triple sec, then float the top with Grand Marnier, and that **** ain't cheap, its about $50 for a fifth, but she knows shes going to get a $5 tip on each of my drinks. I know I seem to be a cheap bastard on here, but when it comes to bartenders and waitresses/waiters, I'm very generous because I know that many of the servers only make about $2.14 an hour. And if they take good care of me, I take care of them. And if its a place where I frequent and they know me, the remember that and bend over backwards to go that extra mile for service. Don't take it the wrong way, but there have been many times where the service and drinks were excellent (especially the drinks, that made the difference, lol) where I have tipped $50 on a check that was only $50. I might seem like a hard, old, cheap, curmudgeon, but I'm actually very polite and generous when it comes right down to it, but you'd never know it from looking at me the way I dress, and you damned sure wouldn't know it if you heard me talk for a few minutes, lol.

Give me 1800, Don Julio or Cazadores any day over patron. Though I don't drink tequila straight anymore, Margs only haha. Cazadores was my favorite when I did used to sip on tequila...

And that story was pretty funny I know I would've been pissed too. I have a story from last night, but unfortunately it was not funny. Some dipsh*t Mexican gangbanger thug tried following me home from the gas station last night. I went past my house and turned towards the police station. He knew what I was doing and went the opposite way. Since I didn't get a good description of the car, I flipped a b*tch real quick and went after him. He had gotten on the freeway and took off quick. Those 15-20 seconds, he was already 3-4 exits away, but I caught him quick and took down his plate, and called it in. No way in hell you're going to follow me home to where my family is waiting, and I'm not going to do anything about it. I slept with multiple mags loaded last night. In Commiefornia it's actually illegal to have a loaded weapon out in the house if there's a child present.
Old 9/22/14, 09:31 AM
Houston xBox Players
Club President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My condo, pics taken from my bedroom balcony. Sorry, just being a smart ****. Its on the Fl. panhandle, the Emerald Coast, Redneck Rivera, whatever you want to call it. You've got that **** right. The Gulf in y'alls part of the world looks like a mud hole I'm sorry to say. Been there a few times.

Should've known it was in Florida... Looks so nice.

It IS a mud hole and the air is sticky there's a ton of seaweed out right now also so it smells worse then it normally does
Old 9/22/14, 10:15 AM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
I wanna go hang out with Lee right now... i may feel better.

Btw, this is a great way to start the morning. http://gearheaddaily.com/what-you-do...esponsibility/
Old 9/22/14, 10:24 AM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
We've got a time share at the beach similar to your place Lee, and the last few years they've gotten *****y about people being in the hot tubs late. I don't understand why it's such a big deal. If we're being quiet and not disturbing anyone in the condos, then what's the problem?

And that's a ridiculous way to treat somebody, renter, owner, anyone else. If they weren't owners, they sure as hell wouldn't want to be after that nonsense. Some people (most people actually) just have no idea how to treat and interact with people anymore. I hate it when people complain about the lines at the grocery store. Seriously, they're doing what they can, just have some **** patience!

Last edited by StangMahn; 9/22/14 at 10:27 AM.
Old 9/22/14, 10:49 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Oh you bastard! Damm I could go for a couple dozen reds right about now.
I've already got plans made with some people over in Mobile to eat at Felix's when I get there in a couple weeks.

Originally Posted by laserred38
Give me 1800, Don Julio or Cazadores any day over patron. Though I don't drink tequila straight anymore, Margs only haha. Cazadores was my favorite when I did used to sip on tequila...
TBH, this is the first bottle of it I've ever bought myself. I just wanted to try it to say I did. It actually smells and tastes really clean, finishes smooth as hell if you sip on a little, tried it the other night.

I also got a bottle of the Patron Citronge to make perfect margaritas.
Name:  DSCN4406_zps82ec8357.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  128.1 KB

Fixed one last night, 1 1/2 ounce of tequila, 1 ounce of the orange, and 3/4 ounce of fresh squeezed lime juice and it was fantastic.
Old 9/22/14, 11:07 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Water is beautiful again today, was watching a group of dolphins earlier that were playing around really close to shore right around some people swimming.

Name:  DSCN4407_zps6a875c70.jpg
Views: 21
Size:  62.8 KB

Name:  DSCN4408_zps1bc867e5.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  62.6 KB
Old 9/22/14, 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by Scothew
I wanna go hang out with Lee right now... i may feel better. Btw, this is a great way to start the morning. http://gearheaddaily.com/what-you-do...esponsibility/
That's a great advertisement right there. Hate to say but the 67 corvette sounds better than all of them with the GT40 a close second. Something about that old American iron.
Old 9/22/14, 11:44 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Hey Al, do you know why they call it a roach clip?

Because pot holder was already taken.
Old 9/22/14, 11:48 AM

Hey Al, do you know why they call it a roach clip? Because pot holder was already taken.
Old 9/22/14, 12:52 PM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Received 203 Likes on 132 Posts
Water is beautiful again today, was watching a group of dolphins earlier that were playing around really close to shore right around some people swimming.

I wish our beaches up here were that nice! I'm going to the beach this weekend with my girlfriends for the wine fest. Hopefully the weather will be nice!

Quick Reply: Mustangs Coast to Coast