Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
18.18%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
81.82%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 8/1/14, 06:27 AM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Received 196 Likes on 128 Posts
Vacation starts at 5:00 today!!!
Old 8/1/14, 07:57 AM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by 08GTCandyApple
Enjoy it Jill
Old 8/1/14, 08:12 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
nice, I'm going to go on vacation at the end of the month.
Old 8/1/14, 08:38 AM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Awesome!
I'm leaving mid-afternoon for 6 days backpacking in Wyoming.
Old 8/1/14, 08:52 AM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
A vacation sounds lovely....
Old 8/1/14, 12:06 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by GrnT
Yes! Me to.

Mustang, for the fire fighter in all of us.

Here's the Chief's
Attached Images  
Old 8/1/14, 12:07 PM
Post *****

Just leave now because...
Attached Images  
Old 8/1/14, 12:16 PM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Originally Posted by phiggs54
Awesome!
I'm leaving mid-afternoon for 6 days backpacking in Wyoming.
Your idea of vacation and mine are obviously two different things, lol. Mine is sitting on the beach, drinking a margarita, reading a book and working on my tan, not exerting all of that energy hiking! I hope you have fun though!

Originally Posted by cdynaco

Just leave now because...
Boss just said I could leave at 4. Less than 2 hours to go!!
Old 8/1/14, 12:21 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Your idea of vacation and mine are obviously two different things, lol. Mine is sitting on the beach, drinking a margarita, reading a book and working on my tan, not exerting all of that energy hiking! I hope you have fun though! Boss just said I could leave at 4. Less than 2 hours to go!!
those 2 hours will feel like 4 !!!
Old 8/1/14, 12:36 PM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Originally Posted by shurtual86
those 2 hours will feel like 4 !!!
And now I have less time to get done what I want to get finished before I leave. So......later peeps!
Old 8/1/14, 01:14 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Here's the Chief's.
Ditch the lightbar and rooftop speaker, pit the emergency strobes in the fog lights and the headlamps, get rid of the lettering and I would totally rock that!

Last edited by DaGonz; 8/1/14 at 03:54 PM.
Old 8/1/14, 03:02 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
My brother in law is a captain in Alameda, CA

He doesn't make $80k

If the guy you're talking about openly says he gets to sit around and make $80k doing nothing then he sounds like a douche. There are douches everywhere. I don't talk about what I make to anyone. That's just not good manners.

You don't have to talk about it, we know what in your garage!

Old 8/1/14, 04:04 PM
Post *****

Bummer. I have fine ash all over the deck. Right now it looks like its dusk about 8.30 pm (3 actual) because of the smoke cloud. The sun is pretty blotted out. Deep orange.

Lightning hits Wednesday afternoon caused several new fires in the vicinity of the already burning Pumice Flat Fire at Crater Lake National Park. Seen here under the storm clouds are a few of the 16 new smoke plumes.

lightning strikes Tuesday and Wednesday caused 16 new fires to flare up.

Photo courtesy of Crater Lake National Park

Multiple other small fires, most under an acre in size, have been reported throughout Klamath and Lake counties due to lightning strikes.

More than 955 lightning strikes were recorded Wednesday over the Klamath National Forest in Northern California. At least 26 lightning fires have been recorded.

Several of those blazes have grown to significant sizes. The White Fire, north of the Eddy Gulch Lookout, is at 100 to 150 acres. The Log Fire is west of Fort Jones and is estimated to be 60 acres.
In the Modoc National Forest, seven lightning fires have been logged since Tuesday. Most of them have been fully contained.
>>>
Oregon residents in a community near Ashland were told Thursday evening to leave their homes as a fast-moving fire in southwest Oregon grew substantially Thursday and spread across the border into California.

The lightning-sparked fire was reported at about 100 acres earlier in the day. It grew through the day, fueled by swirling winds and extremely dry conditions, said Brian Ballou, a spokesman with the state Department of Forestry.

The fire had scorched 5,300 acres, or about 8 square miles, in the Cascade-Siskiyou National Monument by about 9 p.m. Thursday, according to the state Department of Forestry.

Huge plumes of smoke could be seen south of Klamath Falls just after a large thunder and hail storm moved through the area.

>>>
Lightning sparked two new large wildfires in the southwest and central parts of the state. The Beaver Complex, which includes the Oregon Gulch fire, is burning about 20 miles northwest of Medford. The Haystack Complex is burning about 9 miles northwest of Kimberly in central Oregon.

At the regional fire center in Portland, spokeswoman Carol Connolly said Thursday morning that more than 40 small fires were reported in the previous 24 hours. Nearly 500,000 acres — about 780 square miles — are burning in the state.

Last edited by cdynaco; 8/1/14 at 04:06 PM.
Old 8/1/14, 05:06 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well I already responded with my opinion and moved on from it. No sense beating a dead horse. People are entitled to their opinions What kind of spray did you use? I wonder if it makes a difference if you use the "baking" spray that has flour? And I was also wondering how they would turn out with self rising flour instead of all purpose flour
oh s***, don't talk about beating horses on here.
Old 8/1/14, 06:21 PM
Mach 1 Member

Bummer. I have fine ash all over the deck. Right now it looks like its dusk about 8.30 pm (3 actual) because of the smoke cloud. The sun is pretty blotted out. Deep orange.

Lightning hits Wednesday afternoon caused several new fires in the vicinity of the already burning Pumice Flat Fire at Crater Lake National Park. Seen here under the storm clouds are a few of the 16 new smoke plumes.

lightning strikes Tuesday and Wednesday caused 16 new fires to flare up.

Photo courtesy of Crater Lake National Park

Multiple other small fires, most under an acre in size, have been reported throughout Klamath and Lake counties due to lightning strikes.

More than 955 lightning strikes were recorded Wednesday over the Klamath National Forest in Northern California. At least 26 lightning fires have been recorded.

Several of those blazes have grown to significant sizes. The White Fire, north of the Eddy Gulch Lookout, is at 100 to 150 acres. The Log Fire is west of Fort Jones and is estimated to be 60 acres.
In the Modoc National Forest, seven lightning fires have been logged since Tuesday. Most of them have been fully contained.
>>>
Oregon residents in a community near Ashland were told Thursday evening to leave their homes as a fast-moving fire in southwest Oregon grew substantially Thursday and spread across the border into California.

The lightning-sparked fire was reported at about 100 acres earlier in the day. It grew through the day, fueled by swirling winds and extremely dry conditions, said Brian Ballou, a spokesman with the state Department of Forestry.

The fire had scorched 5,300 acres, or about 8 square miles, in the Cascade-Siskiyou National Monument by about 9 p.m. Thursday, according to the state Department of Forestry.

Huge plumes of smoke could be seen south of Klamath Falls just after a large thunder and hail storm moved through the area.

>>>
Lightning sparked two new large wildfires in the southwest and central parts of the state. The Beaver Complex, which includes the Oregon Gulch fire, is burning about 20 miles northwest of Medford. The Haystack Complex is burning about 9 miles northwest of Kimberly in central Oregon.

At the regional fire center in Portland, spokeswoman Carol Connolly said Thursday morning that more than 40 small fires were reported in the previous 24 hours. Nearly 500,000 acres — about 780 square miles — are burning in the state.
A tip of the leather fire helmet goes out to the "hotshots" who fight wildland fires. These guys (and gals) have ***** made of solid brass..they go into the woods armed with nothing more than nomex jumpsuits over work clothing, hardhats, goggles, hand tools, chain saws and aluminized fire shelters should the fecal matter hit the rotating oscillating air movement device!!!

Last edited by DaGonz; 8/1/14 at 06:25 PM.
Old 8/1/14, 06:43 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by denlem
You don't have to talk about it, we know what in your garage!
I have a theory that he pulled a 'gone In 60 seconds'. Hmmmm...
Old 8/2/14, 08:49 AM
Post *****

Originally Posted by DaGonz
A tip of the leather fire helmet goes out to the "hotshots" who fight wildland fires. These guys (and gals) have ***** made of solid brass..they go into the woods armed with nothing more than nomex jumpsuits over work clothing, hardhats, goggles, hand tools, chain saws and aluminized fire shelters should the fecal matter hit the rotating oscillating air movement device!!!
Yep. My friend who used to work fire crews said they call the shelters "brown and serve bags".
Old 8/2/14, 10:23 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts
My freakin' back has been killing me all week. Grrrrrr.
Old 8/2/14, 10:43 AM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by DaGonz
Wondering if they ever actually use foam up there. We train with foam a lot and it's fantastic.
Old 8/2/14, 11:59 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by AlsCobra
Wondering if they ever actually use foam up there. We train with foam a lot and it's fantastic. http://youtu.be/xTV_Nhm92XE
I know that they'll use class A foam when dealing with suburban/wildland interface to protect structures, but for wildlland ops miles from roads and water sources, it's all hand work and air drops!

Quick Reply: Mustangs Coast to Coast