Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
18.18%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
81.82%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 8/2/14, 12:58 PM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by DaGonz
I know that they'll use class A foam when dealing with suburban/wildland interface to protect structures, but for wildlland ops miles from roads and water sources, it's all hand work and air drops!
That sucks. Figured a 4X4 foam truck would cover some area if accessible. Or even one of those pull behind foam blowers. Seems like there's got to be a better way. Then again maybe funding has something to do with it.
Old 8/2/14, 02:31 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by AlsCobra
That sucks. Figured a 4X4 foam truck would cover some area if accessible. Or even one of those pull behind foam blowers. Seems like there's got to be a better way. Then again maybe funding has something to do with it.
Never seen that for forest fires out west.
The problem would be lack of roads, super steep inaccessible areas. Its water or the red stuff and hand crews. Mostly too problematic for dozers.
Saw a big Chinnook leaving, then returning (refueling), from/to the Air Base with a huge bucket on a long *** cable on Thursday. Way longer than this pic. I assume such a long cable so they can draw from nearby lakes high enough to minimize risk from mountain downdrafts.
For spot fires, the big ***** crew rappels from helo to tackle it with one or two studs. :bravemofos:

Attached Thumbnails Mustangs Coast to Coast-fire-bomber-2010.jpg  

Last edited by cdynaco; 8/2/14 at 02:33 PM.
Old 8/2/14, 02:41 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
What a glorious weekend/day at the RP7! Started with a Hell on Wheels marathon last night (missed the first 1 1/2 season). Then today with delivery of "flakes of gold".
Outrageous price of $250/t for a barn full of yearly horse hay, yet thanking God for even getting it in such a record drought year!
Two Dirty Mary's in, plus shooters = Celebration of 'harvest day'!!
And the fun of walking atop $8k of hay, in your birfday suit, shooters in hand! lolol

Attached Images  
Old 8/2/14, 05:35 PM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by cdynaco
What a glorious weekend/day at the RP7! Started with a Hell on Wheels marathon last night (missed the first 1 1/2 season). Then today with delivery of "flakes of gold". Outrageous price of $250/t for a barn full of yearly horse hay, yet thanking God for even getting it in such a record drought year! Two Dirty Mary's in, plus shooters = Celebration of 'harvest day'!! And the fun of walking atop $8k of hay, in your birfday suit, shooters in hand! lolol .
We appreciate your restraint in not posting pictures of yourself on the hay
:cannotbeunseen:
Old 8/2/14, 07:07 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 107 Likes on 95 Posts
What a glorious weekend/day at the RP7! Started with a Hell on Wheels marathon last night (missed the first 1 1/2 season). Then today with delivery of "flakes of gold". Outrageous price of $250/t for a barn full of yearly horse hay, yet thanking God for even getting it in such a record drought year! Two Dirty Mary's in, plus shooters = Celebration of 'harvest day'!! And the fun of walking atop $8k of hay, in your birfday suit, shooters in hand! lolol .
Cheers bro
Old 8/2/14, 08:25 PM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
People are losing some serious money at Barrett Jackson right now. If it keeps going like this, there won't be another event in Reno. Haven't seen one go for more than the build cost yet.
Old 8/2/14, 08:46 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,253 Likes on 1,679 Posts
Originally Posted by AlsCobra
People are losing some serious money at Barrett Jackson right now. If it keeps going like this, there won't be another event in Reno. Haven't seen one go for more than the build cost yet.
Well at least it's good for the buyer!! :-)
Old 8/3/14, 06:06 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 53 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by Scothew
Wow.. be glad i dont have time to respond to this.
Originally Posted by laserred38
In the least combative sense possible, I'd like you to respond...

I'm just stating my opinion, based on my own personal observations, closely knowing one FF and having many acquaintances (his friends) who are all the same way. I'm not saying it's like that everywhere, but for the ones I know, I have little respect for. They don't respect the job. They talk all this "brotherhood and heroism" non sense in one breath, and the next is "I get paid to sit on my **** and work out all day." I wouldn't respect anyone who said that, not just FFs - the majority that I know, talk like that. That's all I'm saying.

I'd say I'm pretty impartial too, as my dad originally wanted to go into fire and told me he wished he did, as it would've been a much less stressful and/or dangerous career. I even wanted to be a FF growing up - I wore out 3 VHS copies of Backdraft as a kid.

Quite honestly, the good old days of service, in general, are gone, whether it's law enforcement, fire, EMT, etc.

I'd still like to have your opinion though...
Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
Well Scott doesn't get paid anything

He's a volunteer so that kind of becomes a moot point

He does it to protect and serve his community and neighbors and family because he's a good citizen
Originally Posted by Scothew
I don't recommend him do that. He might start seeing the things that are truly horrific and hopefully no one should have to go through on regular basis. Especially dont volunteer in the community you live in, then you might have to see those same horrific things that happen to not only people in the community you know, but even family members. All of this is mostly just ems related too... not talking about the countless hours of training put in (weekly), the middle of the night 2am calls sometime for total BS and other times its not and you end up calling into work cause your either still on scene or just to **** tired to make it in.

He might see why that 80k a year is worthy of being proud. I don't agree with bragging about it and all, but that's not my personality. I agree with Al though, if you can make 80k a year in that profession, hell ya! Average salary for a firefighter/emt basic like me here is around $32k a year. Everyone ask me why i don't do it as a career and its because i cant afford to.

Oh and just for the sake of knowledge, here's some numbers for you to get an idea of how many people do this without getting paid. Here's some national statistics for you.
  • 8 percent are career
  • 5 percent are mostly career
  • 16 percent are mostly volunteer
  • 71 percent are volunteer
Go through the list of states and check out their career vs volunteer... it'll shock you. http://apps.usfa.fema.gov/census/summary.cfm#f

As for the rest of this argument, why i do it, how i feel about the other parts of your statements, im just going to ignore it.
I'm late to this and I'm not gonna hammer you laserred, but firefighting is in my family and I have close friends that are EMT's in Houston. Both my uncle and aunt (husband and wife) are forest firefighters and have fought fires in every state west of Texas in their careers. My aunt was one of the first female smokejumpers, one of the most dangerous vocations a person can have. They aren't rich but are two of the hardest-working and hardest people I've ever known and that's coming from a former Marine that saw combat multiple times. Both are in their late 50's and are still fighting forest fires. One of my best friends is an EMT and has said that the down time that they do have is torture because his mind wanders back to what he's seen and had to help people deal with. He's not rich despite his wife working as well. Not all fighters are douchebags and I'd go so far as to say their percentage is far below average when compared to most other professions. Just another perspective.

PS: VFD's and their firefighters are worth their weight in platinum. There's no such thing as being too grateful for them.

Last edited by kcoTiger; 8/3/14 at 06:22 PM.
Old 8/3/14, 06:19 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 53 Likes on 52 Posts
What a glorious weekend/day at the RP7! Started with a Hell on Wheels marathon last night (missed the first 1 1/2 season). Then today with delivery of "flakes of gold".
Outrageous price of $250/t for a barn full of yearly horse hay, yet thanking God for even getting it in such a record drought year!
And the fun of walking atop $8k of hay, in your birfday suit, shooters in hand! lolol

Wife feels no remorse for the price you paid for hay. Last year, horse hay was at $600/ton in a few places down here. I asked if that's why she says no to me getting horses, and she said no, it's because I have a Shelby.
Old 8/3/14, 09:59 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by kcoTiger
I'm late to this and I'm not gonna hammer you laserred, but firefighting is in my family and I have close friends that are EMT's in Houston. Both my uncle and aunt (husband and wife) are forest firefighters and have fought fires in every state west of Texas in their careers. My aunt was one of the first female smokejumpers, one of the most dangerous vocations a person can have. They aren't rich but are two of the hardest-working and hardest people I've ever known and that's coming from a former Marine that saw combat multiple times. Both are in their late 50's and are still fighting forest fires. One of my best friends is an EMT and has said that the down time that they do have is torture because his mind wanders back to what he's seen and had to help people deal with. He's not rich despite his wife working as well. Not all fighters are douchebags and I'd go so far as to say their percentage is far below average when compared to most other professions. Just another perspective. PS: VFD's and their firefighters are worth their weight in platinum. There's no such thing as being too grateful for them.
I hear ya. Maybe it's the NorCal mentality, or just California mentality in general. Like I said, I grew up wanting to be a firefighter, even while my dad was a police officer. I only know a few fire guys, a few EMTs (they're all cool) and a LOT of cops/chp. The cops tend to be cool, the chp are all douchebags and they revel in knowing they're douchebags, and the fire guys are cool with the exception of the aforementioned qualities. Also, there typically exists a rival between fire and police, though I'm not sure why since they always tend to respond to the same calls...and in *my* experience here, it's always the fire guys egging on the cops. It's pretty much never the other way around. Maybe it's because the fire guys have so much free time and the cops are always so busy :P
Old 8/4/14, 11:03 AM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Here's one for Gary, Lee, and the Seinfeld-ers

Seinfeld episode ideas.
http://www.tickld.com/x/15-seinfeld-...l-on-air-today
Old 8/4/14, 11:08 AM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
I like George Costanza Gay google search suggestion Lol
Old 8/4/14, 12:58 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Afternoon everyone
Old 8/4/14, 02:03 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Dirty Mary = tequiller instead of vodka?

There's a spicy jalapeno mix at BevMo that makes THE best Bloody Mary's. Gotta have the celery too, that's my favorite part!
Old 8/4/14, 02:03 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by jerseygirl
Afternoon everyone
'ello DD...what's up?
Old 8/4/14, 02:39 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by kcoTiger
Wife feels no remorse for the price you paid for hay. Last year, horse hay was at $600/ton in a few places down here. I asked if that's why she says no to me getting horses, and she said no, it's because I have a Shelby.
The wife of a friend has a horse that is stabled in a neighboring town. $600 a month... owning a Mustang would be cheaper!
Old 8/4/14, 03:26 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Lmao...this is SO accurate.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hKWmFWR...ature=youtu.be
Old 8/4/14, 06:38 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by laserred38

'ello DD...what's up?
Exhausted as always and still in need of a tropical vacation out of NY lol

This is seriously the worst state to live in ....
Old 8/4/14, 08:05 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,253 Likes on 1,679 Posts
Exhausted as always and still in need of a tropical vacation out of NY lol This is seriously the worst state to live in ....
You said that about NJ to!
Old 8/4/14, 09:49 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Exhausted as always and still in need of a tropical vacation out of NY lol This is seriously the worst state to live in ....
Ca is pretty bad too hah. I want a vacation out of the country.

Quick Reply: Mustangs Coast to Coast