Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
18.18%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
81.82%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 2/27/13, 10:33 AM
Service Manager

Received 440 Likes on 217 Posts
Originally Posted by jerseygirl
well that was my mistake, I think I said that I loved that car a little too loud and too many times

So why were the prices different? The lot vs internet?
He was actually surprised that we did our research and found that car online because he said the one part of the reason the prices were different was because many buyers come unto the lot to look at cars over looking online....
Yup, never show your hand, never act enthusiastic, always make them think it is not EXACTLY what you want when it is...makes them work harder for the sale. Also never fall for the "What payment can you afford?" ploy....

He is an idiot if he doesn't honestly think in today's day and age that people don't research online......or again, he is lying to you.

Originally Posted by StangMahn
you and my dad. I've heard sales people tell him he's the hardest customer they've ever dealt with. haha - one time a sales guy was down to the last details, and they couldn't agree on a price, the guy says "it's only $400, you're gonna lose the car over $400" - I could see dad couldn't wait for him to finish so he could say "nope YOU'RE gonna lose a sale over $400!" lol

I hate it when they advertise a monthly price. Hell, we can make it anything you want with the right terms!
You should have seen me the last time I talked to the dealer...my Magnum had 26K miles on it at the time and was paid for...he tried playing the numbers game with me and asked what was owed on the car...I responded "Does it matter?"...he paused and repeated it...I said "Does it really matter?!?"....he said "well, we need to know for the paperwork"...so I said "It's paid for"...It was like he had never heard that before and didn't know what to say. I knew at that point they would low ball me on their offer and when they did I looked at him and said "I like the Magnum...and I don't have to get rid of it..." He said "well, what would this number have to be for you to consider the new car?" pointing at the bottom line.... I looked at him, pointed at the trade offer and said "I'm not past this number to even consider any other number"...he kept pushing so I low balled him and told him the new Taurus would have to be $11K after my trade....at that point he knew we were done...
Old 2/27/13, 11:36 AM
INKY

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
This lack on Internet would suck if I hadn't been in Hawaii. In Jersey right now waiting for the flight back to Germany. Slept most of the first flight, hopefully can do the same on the next one.
Old 2/27/13, 12:55 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by svopaul
Be careful what you wish for....they keep trying to push gun control with talk of confiscation etc on law abiding citizens and see what happens
I have a few plans of my own on that matter
Old 2/27/13, 01:07 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,232 Likes on 1,664 Posts
Originally Posted by Boss 1409
This lack on Internet would suck if I hadn't been in Hawaii. In Jersey right now waiting for the flight back to Germany. Slept most of the first flight, hopefully can do the same on the next one.
Have a safe 2nd leg of your journey!!!
Old 2/27/13, 01:10 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

So any of you TMSers close to Denton or Conroe Texas, got some relatives there?
Old 2/27/13, 01:19 PM
GTR Member

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by Mustang Freak
According to google maps in current traffic I'm 4 hours and 13 minutes from Conroe
Old 2/27/13, 01:25 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Nope

I'd say Patrick (phiggs) is the closest to Conroe that I know of.

Oh yeah and tbone is in Denton I think now
Old 2/27/13, 03:29 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
I never let them know how I'm going to pay for the vehicle, because they'll give different prices. I say, you give me the lowest you can give me, and we'll figure out details later, lets not waste my time yet.
Old 2/27/13, 04:01 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by svopaul
Yup, never show your hand, never act enthusiastic, always make them think it is not EXACTLY what you want when it is...makes them work harder for the sale. Also never fall for the "What payment can you afford?" ploy....

He is an idiot if he doesn't honestly think in today's day and age that people don't research online......or again, he is lying to you.
yep i fell for everything and then some, i was literally like a kid at the candy store with happiness even though it was raining and i found a bit of sand in the trunk and the tires were terrible, none of that discouraged me because it was love at first sight when i saw that bright shiny blue in the parking lot

he was probably lying to us, he said specifically that he is more used to people just walking into the dealership and looking around before researching the dealership online...

maybe its because its a ford at a Chrysler/Dodge dealership and the bright blue makes it stick out like a sore thumb

Originally Posted by Boss 1409
where in Jersey were you????

hope you have a safe flight back to Germany!!!!

Originally Posted by StangMahn
I never let them know how I'm going to pay for the vehicle, because they'll give different prices. I say, you give me the lowest you can give me, and we'll figure out details later, lets not waste my time yet.
i think i should have asked more questions here before going to the dealership so i would have been more sure of myself....
Old 2/27/13, 04:30 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I just wasted 3 hours cleaning up my car. It was nice and sunny 65 degrees. I washed it, clayed it, waxed it, shampooed the carpet and the trunk, and polished the wheels. I take the throttle body off, go in the shed and start cleaning it. I get done, walk back out to put it back on, and am greeted with this

10 minutes and the temp dropped 15* and clouded over

Last edited by bluethunderhorse; 2/27/13 at 04:33 PM.
Old 2/27/13, 05:29 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by bluethunderhorse
I just wasted 3 hours cleaning up my car. It was nice and sunny 65 degrees. I washed it, clayed it, waxed it, shampooed the carpet and the trunk, and polished the wheels. I take the throttle body off, go in the shed and start cleaning it. I get done, walk back out to put it back on, and am greeted with this

10 minutes and the temp dropped 15* and clouded over
That really sucks at least the car looks awesome I bet!
Old 2/27/13, 08:34 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whats up people?
Old 2/27/13, 10:30 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

This place is dead tonight?!?
Old 2/27/13, 11:16 PM
Mach 1 Member

Dead all day
Old 2/27/13, 11:25 PM
Houston xBox Players
Club President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm about 45mins from Conroe.
Old 2/27/13, 11:59 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts
You've got to be ****ting me.

http://kdvr.com/2013/02/26/6-year-ol...hts-complaint/

Seriously? The story I first saw said that as soon as he started talking, he told them that he already knew he was really a she so they accepted it.

Hell, my kid said he was a puppy when he was little. I guess I should have fed him Alpo, put him in the back yard to ****, and made him live out there in a dog house filled with cedar shavings.
Old 2/28/13, 12:15 AM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
Wow at the above......

And go figure I finally fall asleep and we get a call. It's in an area 20miles from here and they even said when I asked to repeat the address that the sheriffs told them what area it was in......it's 4 fire districts away from us! How these dispatchers have figured out even how to live, I just don't know. Good thing breathing is an involuntary action
Old 2/28/13, 12:34 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts
Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
You've got to be ****ting me.

http://kdvr.com/2013/02/26/6-year-ol...hts-complaint/

Seriously? The story I first saw said that as soon as he started talking, he told them that he already knew he was really a she so they accepted it.

Hell, my kid said he was a puppy when he was little. I guess I should have fed him Alpo, put him in the back yard to ****, and made him live out there in a dog house filled with cedar shavings.
http://www.cnn.com/2013/02/27/us/col...ool/index.html

My guess is, this is a pair of parents that see a reality show in the future and have no problem screwing up their kids to make it happen in order to satisfy their own narcissism.
Old 2/28/13, 03:39 AM

What is a good brand and good set up for heads and cam for a 5.0ho motor
Old 2/28/13, 06:56 AM
Service Manager

Received 440 Likes on 217 Posts
Originally Posted by jerseygirl
yep i fell for everything and then some, i was literally like a kid at the candy store with happiness even though it was raining and i found a bit of sand in the trunk and the tires were terrible, none of that discouraged me because it was love at first sight when i saw that bright shiny blue in the parking lot

he was probably lying to us, he said specifically that he is more used to people just walking into the dealership and looking around before researching the dealership online...

maybe its because its a ford at a Chrysler/Dodge dealership and the bright blue makes it stick out like a sore thumb

i think i should have asked more questions here before going to the dealership so i would have been more sure of myself....
Yup, a used car salesman's wet dream....Don't be afraid to put them in their place...if you don't like them, tell them you want someone else. My wife put the "preacher" we dealt with in his place from the start...it was hysterical because you could see him just tip toe carefully around her...

Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
http://www.cnn.com/2013/02/27/us/col...ool/index.html

My guess is, this is a pair of parents that see a reality show in the future and have no problem screwing up their kids to make it happen in order to satisfy their own narcissism.

Quick Reply: Mustangs Coast to Coast