Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
11.11%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
88.89%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 6/20/14, 10:56 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Originally Posted by cdynaco
Amazing how the body heals! Great discipline. Auto in your future? PS: call the doc if you need something beyond ibu & tyl. Don't let them give you that **** if you are in pain. ******** treat everyone like a dam drug dealer.
Thanks Charlie!

I'm feeling great. As long as they keep giving me good news I'll be better off for all of this.

No problem with driving a mustang. Just out of 5 I inly have one that's currently driveable. And that one I've got only 125 miles left ok insurance limit to last me 4 more months.

Today's probably the first day I though dang I wanna drive a mustang. Need to out Seven back together. Just need a free weekend now that I feel normalish again.

As far as pain meds they pretty much ran out just in time. If I were to use them now I'd be using them for the wrong reasons so I'm good. I've still got plenty of ambien to put me to sleep at night.
Old 6/20/14, 11:15 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
As far as pain meds they pretty much ran out just in time. If I were to use them now I'd be using them for the wrong reasons so I'm good. I've still got plenty of ambien to put me to sleep at night.
I've never really understood any party aspect of pain meds. At least I feel a buzz on booze. The first surgery (once I was home) I pretty much needed meds at night for a few weeks. (Of course the first few days were serious pain.) But the second surgery (8 mos) (Of course the first few days were serious pain.) all I needed was the several ibu they gave me to avoid fluid on pericardium. I was able to sleep pretty much pain free on that. Never needed any of the pain meds they gave me.
I was concerned about a chain saw to the chest only 8 mos apart, but the doc said actually its a bit easier. He was right. (Except for those first few days! basterds!! lol)

Last edited by cdynaco; 6/20/14 at 11:18 PM.
Old 6/20/14, 11:41 PM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Had fun tonight. Can't wait for tomorrow!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9p5nbj7vz8s
Old 6/20/14, 11:43 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 606 Likes on 437 Posts
I've never really understood any party aspect of pain meds.
I do. Unlike a lot of people, they crank me up to a certain point then I get really unstable, whereas normal people get down and sleepy. 10-15 lortabs or percocets in a day would get me jacked up but numb at the same time, by 20 they would put me off kilter. Luckily I never gravitated to them and didn't seek them out, it was the other drugs that I couldn't resist. Just wasn't my kind of high, but they could easily lead me back to the kind of high I couldn't resist back in the day.
Old 6/20/14, 11:48 PM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
I've never really understood any party aspect of pain meds. At least I feel a buzz on booze. The first surgery (once I was home) I pretty much needed meds at night for a few weeks. (Of course the first few days were serious pain.) But the second surgery (8 mos) (Of course the first few days were serious pain.) all I needed was the several ibu they gave me to avoid fluid on pericardium. I was able to sleep pretty much pain free on that. Never needed any of the pain meds they gave me. I was concerned about a chain saw to the chest only 8 mos apart, but the doc said actually its a bit easier. He was right. (Except for those first few days! basterds!! lol)
I don't think there is much of a party aspect of pain meds unless taken in excess or with alcohol. Most of the Vicodin or loritab pill junkies started off with legit pain. When their body built up some tolerance, they started taking more than prescribed. It doesn't take long before they become a supplement of life like food or water. Thirsty, you drink. Hungry, you eat. You're hooked and don't even know it. I got a pretty addictive personality but I analyze myself and others constantly. Kicking pain meds was a rough one and didn't realize I was hung up till I got off when the pain was gone. First few days were hell and realization. I've taken them since then as recreation but not in the sense of getting a buzz. Pain free and energetic is nice sometimes but it's a slope that I recognize is coming. It's been a few years since I've taken anything other than ibuprofen or prescription muscle relaxers and antiinflamitories. But if I need one I'm not afraid to take it anymore. Shaking them off was enough to keep the habit away.
So no real buzz unless completely abused but the pill heads can't survive without them. Some rough ****.
Old 6/21/14, 12:49 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Originally Posted by AlsCobra
I don't think there is much of a party aspect of pain meds unless taken in excess or with alcohol. Most of the Vicodin or loritab pill junkies started off with legit pain. When their body built up some tolerance, they started taking more than prescribed. It doesn't take long before they become a supplement of life like food or water. Thirsty, you drink. Hungry, you eat. You're hooked and don't even know it. I got a pretty addictive personality but I analyze myself and others constantly. Kicking pain meds was a rough one and didn't realize I was hung up till I got off when the pain was gone. First few days were hell and realization. I've taken them since then as recreation but not in the sense of getting a buzz. Pain free and energetic is nice sometimes but it's a slope that I recognize is coming. It's been a few years since I've taken anything other than ibuprofen or prescription muscle relaxers and antiinflamitories. But if I need one I'm not afraid to take it anymore. Shaking them off was enough to keep the habit away.
So no real buzz unless completely abused but the pill heads can't survive without them. Some rough ****.

hrrrmmmppmmmph.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVYDnQwi3OQ
Old 6/21/14, 12:50 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Why don't videos embed on here anymore? Who ****ed it up?
Old 6/21/14, 01:35 AM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
Dunno. I kinda miss Axl though. That was one sick little jacked up freak. Lol
Old 6/21/14, 01:55 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
You're doing it wrong!

Old 6/21/14, 02:19 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Originally Posted by denlem
You're doing it wrong!

Tell me what I'm doing wrong, I've done it just like I always have and it just posts a link.
Old 6/21/14, 02:22 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Thought this was a really moving line from some guys I knew back in the day....

She said that time is unfair
To a woman her age
Now that wisdom has come
Everything else fades
She said she realizes
She's seen her better days
She said she can't look back
To her days of youth
What she thought were lies
She later found was truth
She said her daddy had dreams
But he drank them away
And her mother's to blame
For the way she is today

Life's river shall rise
She Said
And only the strong shall survive
She Said
But I'm feeling quite weak
She Said
Will you comfort and forgive me
She Said

She said she's still searching
For salvation's light
She said she wishes all day
And she prays all night
She said she won't speak of love
Because love she's never known
She said it's moments like these
She hates to be alone

Forgive me
She Said
Forgive me
She Said

Last edited by Rather B.Blown; 6/21/14 at 02:24 AM.
Old 6/21/14, 04:11 AM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by denlem
You're doing it wrong!
Old 6/21/14, 05:35 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 53 Likes on 52 Posts
Today is one month since surgery

As a matter of fact a month ago tonight I was in surgery at this time

Doctors took 90 minutes more than they said they would and my family was worried sick out in the waiting room about why it was taking so long.

Since may 15th when I went into the hospital I've been completely cigarette free. Not even using patches anymore. I haven't had a soda either diet or regular since may 15th.

Two months ago today I got home from Charlotte. Haven't driven a mustang since that day. That kind of sucks.
It's amazing how different things can be in a matter of weeks sometimes. Congrats on the self-discipline stuff. That's hard to do consistently.
Old 6/21/14, 07:16 AM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Good morning everyone!

Gary I'm so happy to hear that things are moving on up!!!
Old 6/21/14, 08:04 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jerseygirl
Good morning everyone! Gary I'm so happy to hear that things are moving on up!!!
bleh, I'm at work for the 8th day in a row
Old 6/21/14, 08:05 AM
Legacy Tms Member

Originally Posted by shurtual86
bleh, I'm at work for the 8th day in a row
Yeah I am ending a 6 day work week, off tomorrow and back to work Monday- Friday ....time for a vacation
Old 6/21/14, 08:25 AM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Good morning everyone! Gary I'm so happy to hear that things are moving on up!!!
326!
Old 6/21/14, 08:33 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
326!
hey, have they 'reconnected the pipes' yet?
Old 6/21/14, 08:42 AM
Legacy Tms Member

326!
Old 6/21/14, 08:54 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah I am ending a 6 day work week, off tomorrow and back to work Monday- Friday ....time for a vacation
yup,

Quick Reply: Mustangs Coast to Coast