Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
18.18%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
81.82%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 6/28/14, 12:48 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by AlsCobra
With all the lawsuits and bad press, they are running scared right now. Anything that could potentially be a problem or that has caused any type of incident will be recalled. It's kinda funny actually. They are backed into a corner.
And their sales are still up!
Old 6/28/14, 12:59 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
With all the lawsuits and bad press, they are running scared right now. Anything that could potentially be a problem or that has caused any type of incident will be recalled. It's kinda funny actually. They are backed into a corner.
Yeah that's what I was thinking. Paranoia!
Old 6/28/14, 01:48 PM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
What do you people in the south do about moisture building up on the garage floor under your car?
Old 6/28/14, 02:48 PM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by Blue Notch
What do you people in the south do about moisture building up on the garage floor under your car?
Fix that leak you have. Lol

Really don't have that problem. If your garage floor sweats, it will forever.
Old 6/28/14, 03:09 PM
Post *****

Yeah I don't remember that in StLouis either and its often 100% humidity there. Sounds like a high water table underneath the slab.
Old 6/28/14, 03:10 PM

It's condensation from the humidity. I just don't want to rust out my cars.
Old 6/28/14, 03:11 PM
Post *****

It's condensation from the humidity. I just don't want to rust out my cars.
Put a fan on low in the garage to keep the air moving.
Old 6/28/14, 03:14 PM
Post *****

Interesting...

California company reinvents the rotary engine

By Gary Gastelu
Published June 24, 2014

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2014/...ntcmp=features
>>>>

How would you like a vehicle you can fill-up with a low cost clean gaseous fuel like natural gas or propane or with standard liquid gasoline or diesel fuel? Imagine its engine is 53% efficient plus weighs 71% less than a piston engine for super mileage! What if it also had more power and 60% more torque for exciting performance? Dream of it also with 76% less moving parts than your normal piston engine so there is less to wear out resulting in great reliability!
Alternatively, how would you like a compressor or pump that flowed so much per revolution that it ran a much shorter time and significantly reduced your energy costs?
Well, GoTek Energy, Inc. is developing those game-changing DynaKineticTM rotary technologies as both an engine (that’s not a Wankel/Mazda) and as a compressor/pump (that’ not a piston, screw, or scroll)!
GoTek’s DynaKinetic™ rotary engines (which are not Wankel engines) run on clean natural gas or propane to reduce harmful emissions and can also run on a second common fuel to increase the mileage range or run time.
GoTek’s cylindrical piston-free rotary engine design converts clean and standard fuels into energy more efficiently than traditional engines, by eliminating much of the mechanical complexity (and associated energy loss) of piston-based engines.
GoTek’s DynaKinetic™ rotary compressors and pumps flow significantly more gas or liquid per revolution and achieve this performance in a reduced size and weight package.
http://gotekenergy.com/

Last edited by cdynaco; 6/28/14 at 03:16 PM.
Old 6/28/14, 05:16 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts
Have never had that happen, in the garages or carports either.

Could be like Charlie said, your water table is very high from what you've said before, that combined with all the rain you're having maybe.

Again, like Charlie said, a fan to circulate the air would help.
Old 6/28/14, 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown

Have never had that happen, in the garages or carports either.

Could be like Charlie said, your water table is very high from what you've said before, that combined with all the rain you're having maybe.

Again, like Charlie said, a fan to circulate the air would help.
The entire floor is wet right now. I think it has to do with the temperature difference in the garage vs. outside. It takes longer for the temp to change in there. The door was open for half the afternoon when it was hot and humid, and now that it's rained, it's colder outside and warmer in the garage. I could be totally wrong. I just don't want my cars to rust out.
Old 6/28/14, 07:19 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,253 Likes on 1,679 Posts
You're either too cold or too hot there's no pleasing you is there?
Old 6/28/14, 07:54 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Originally Posted by Mustang Freak
You're either too cold or too hot there's no pleasing you is there?
Sounds just like every other woman I've ever known.
Old 6/28/14, 09:39 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The entire floor is wet right now. I think it has to do with the temperature difference in the garage vs. outside. It takes longer for the temp to change in there. The door was open for half the afternoon when it was hot and humid, and now that it's rained, it's colder outside and warmer in the garage. I could be totally wrong. I just don't want my cars to rust out.
Before the garage floor was poured, a vapor barrier (plastic sheet) should have been laid down to prevent ground moisture from permeating your concrete floor. All you can do now is circulate air, as has been suggested, to facilitate evaporation.
Old 6/28/14, 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by Mickstang
Before the garage floor was poured, a vapor barrier (plastic sheet) should have been laid down to prevent ground moisture from permeating your concrete floor. All you can do now is circulate air, as has been suggested, to facilitate evaporation.
There was a lot of stuff that should have been done when this house was built.
Old 6/28/14, 10:46 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Y'all check in over there. Need some feedback.
Old 6/29/14, 01:40 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

I hate when a tv series gets you sucked in and you get sympathetic to the characters and like them, then they cheat on their ol' lady and want you to continue to like like that character.

I don't respect or like anyone that cheats on their ol' lady. Period. I view you as a piece of ****, regardless of the situation. If you want to screw around, then you tell your ol' lady to hit the bricks, you're done with her. You don't bang another woman on the side and still have your ol' lady on deck like nothing ever happened and leave her in the dark. Same goes for a woman, if you want to get banged by another man, you tell your old man that its over and cut all ties. You dont do that **** while you're with someone and do it behind their back.

In my world, that's a good way to get your ****ing head blown off.

Maybe I'm an idiot, maybe I'm old fashioned about stuff like that and things are different in today's world, but that is just how I feel about those situations.
Old 6/29/14, 04:36 AM
Post *****

I hate when a tv series gets you sucked in and you get sympathetic to the characters and like them, then they cheat on their ol' lady and want you to continue to like like that character.

I don't respect or like anyone that cheats on their ol' lady. Period. I view you as a piece of ****, regardless of the situation. If you want to screw around, then you tell your ol' lady to hit the bricks, you're done with her. You don't bang another woman on the side and still have your ol' lady on deck like nothing ever happened and leave her in the dark. Same goes for a woman, if you want to get banged by another man, you tell your old man that its over and cut all ties. You dont do that **** while you're with someone and do it behind their back.

Maybe I'm an idiot, maybe I'm old fashioned about stuff like that and things are different in today's world, but that is just how I feel about those situations.
Agreed.

In my world, that's a good way to get your ****ing head blown off.
Speaking of which, I keep meaning to ask if anyone has heard from Willie... hope one of those druggies hasn't shown back up to cause harm.
Old 6/29/14, 05:53 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
It shouldn't be a problem if it's just temporary. Have your other cars that were parked there rusted out?

I'd be more concerned parking on the dirt all the time. The driveway here is dirt and my Trailblazer is all rusted underneath. My sisters car and bro-in-laws truck are all rusted out too. I need to move before the Jeep rusts out!
Old 6/29/14, 10:29 AM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
I need some of your advice...this could be life-changing for me ...

I know this is private information on a public forum but I care about most of you like family...

After 20 years of wondering I have finally been given the ability to contact my biological father and see a picture of him...do I do this or do I sit in wonder?

If this is too private please remove...I just need advice and help and guidance..I have no one else to turn to...
Old 6/29/14, 11:09 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by jerseygirl
I need some of your advice...this could be life-changing for me ... I know this is private information on a public forum but I care about most of you like family... After 20 years of wondering I have finally been given the ability to contact my biological father and see a picture of him...do I do this or do I sit in wonder? If this is too private please remove...I just need advice and help and guidance..I have no one else to turn to...
I've always wondered this, as my godson's mother (my cousin) is basically a druggy and my aunt has custody of him. For years he never even saw her, though he's only 9. They've seen each other a couple times now, but it's very hard on him. As an adult, I would think it's a bit different, but I would say you should go for it. The worst that could happen is things are the same as they were before; but, you have an opportunity for a relationship (at least some kind of relationship) that you never had. Take it.

My uncle, married to the same aunt mentioned above, had a daughter that he never met from a previous marriage...just a few years ago, she contacted him after she moved into our area - she is now a part of our family, and it's like she always was.

Quick Reply: Mustangs Coast to Coast