Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
16.67%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
83.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 6/27/14, 12:58 PM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by kcoTiger
Got the dreaded front end vibration today. I'll have to take it in and have the front end looked at and see if it's one of the new wheels, the tires, a bearing or an alignment issue. ****.
Shaking will only be a wheel or tire. Certain speed?
Old 6/27/14, 01:02 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 53 Likes on 52 Posts
Yeah, it's above 50, and it was there very very slightly before I got the new wheels, so I don't think it's a wheel. I think the new wheel just aggravated or exaggerated whatever was off. I think i'm going to have to buy some new front tires. I will not be a fun person to be around if that's the case.
Old 6/27/14, 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by kcoTiger
Yeah, it's above 50, and it was there very very slightly before I got the new wheels, so I don't think it's a wheel. I think the new wheel just aggravated or exaggerated whatever was off. I think i'm going to have to buy some new front tires. I will not be a fun person to be around if that's the case.
Get the balance checked at a tire shop with a road force balancer. Also make sure the tin washers on your wheel studs are removed. Torque in the correct pattern is important also. Alignments will not cause a shake but it's always good to check it once a year.
Old 6/27/14, 01:14 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 53 Likes on 52 Posts
Had the alignment checked when the wheels were put on a month ago and it was near perfect so I'm not too concerned about that. The place that did the wheels is really good with them and I know the guy who actually mounts them. He pulled the washers on them while I was standing there dropping it off. I really think it's probably one of the tires. He road-force-balanced them when he first put them on but he's going to do it again this afternoon when he gets to it.
Old 6/27/14, 02:50 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Hey Nathan, have you been following this thread?

I haven't listened to the Roush by themselves, but this includes the Lethal pipes.

Granted its an internet vid, but this combo sounds a bit 'truckish' to me at idle/low revs. Like my old Jimmy 2T cattle truck. JMO

Originally Posted by BLK STANG

Nope, just the roush axle backs along with these Lethal performance OTA pipes. Still have the stock H pipe, that might change later down the road.

https://themustangsource.com/f800/le...3/#post6820560
Old 6/27/14, 03:16 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by cdynaco
Hey Nathan, have you been following this thread? I haven't listened to the Roush by themselves, but this includes the Lethal pipes. Granted its an internet vid, but this combo sounds a bit 'truckish' to me at idle/low revs. Like my old Jimmy 2T cattle truck. JMO https://themustangsource.com/f800/le...3/#post6820560
Yeah I no like the Roush...
Old 6/27/14, 03:19 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by laserred38
Yeah I no like the Roush...
FYI...

(not sure what to make of Alex Jones, but it does cite a tv station)

Oregon Celebrates Independence Day… With ‘No Refusal’ Blood Checkpoints

Police rename Fourth of July weekend "No Refusal Weekend"

by Steve Watson | Infowars.com | June 27, 2014

During Independence Day weekend, a time to celebrate US freedom and unalienable rights, Americans in Oregon will be subjected to a “blitz” of ‘no-refusal’ blood-draw checkpoints, as part of a disturbing trend that now extends nationwide.

Local news station KVAL reports that State police are re-naming Fourth of July weekend “No Refusal Weekend”, as part of a crack down on drunk driving.

Any driver who is stopped by police and refuses to take an alcohol breath test will be subjected to a mandatory blood test either at the scene, at a medical facility, or at the nearest jail.

Anyone who merely questions the breath test could also automatically lose their license for a year.
http://www.infowars.com/oregon-celeb...d-checkpoints/

July 4th 2013 stats:
OSP troopers reported 60 DUII arrests statewide during this year’s holiday period, an increase over the 21 reported arrests during last year’s shorter period.
Preliminary information indicates 5 people died in five separate traffic crashes in Oregon during the 102-hour Fourth of July holiday period between 6:00 p.m., July 3, and 11:59 p.m., July 7.
All five crashes occurred on July 5th. According to ODOT’s Fatality Analysis Reporting System (FARS) statistics, this was the deadliest Fourth of July holiday period since 2008 when there were six reported deaths.

Last edited by cdynaco; 6/27/14 at 03:22 PM.
Old 6/27/14, 03:54 PM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Hey Nathan, have you been following this thread?

I haven't listened to the Roush by themselves, but this includes the Lethal pipes.

Granted its an internet vid, but this combo sounds a bit 'truckish' to me at idle/low revs. Like my old Jimmy 2T cattle truck. JMO

https://themustangsource.com/f800/le...3/#post6820560
I did see that and I can't say I really like it. I'm dying to do something with the exhaust cause it's just too dang quiet. I like the roushes all by themselves, as well as bassani. The borlas seem hit or miss with online videos. Some sound really good and others sound too smooth for me. Everyone seems to like the GT500s but they sound too "hollow" to me. And I hate the tips. I've been thinking about getting the boss quad pipe later on down the road too cause its just sweet, but I don't think the roushes would sound good. Trying to plan ahead so I don't waste money.
Old 6/27/14, 03:54 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Blue Notch
I did see that and I can't say I really like it. I'm dying to do something with the exhaust cause it's just too dang quiet. I like the roushes all by themselves, as well as bassani. The borlas seem hit or miss with online videos. Some sound really good and others sound too smooth for me. Everyone seems to like the GT500s but they sound too "hollow" to me. And I hate the tips. I've been thinking about getting the boss quad pipe later on down the road too cause its just sweet, but I don't think the roushes would sound good. Trying to plan ahead so I don't waste money.
borlas!....
Old 6/27/14, 04:01 PM

Mac. And nothing in stainless. Welded aluminum if you want a decent sound. Stainless sounds like big soup can.
Old 6/27/14, 04:28 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Solo Performance dude. Check out my thread in 2010-14...
Old 6/27/14, 04:29 PM
Legacy TMS Member

FYI... (not sure what to make of Alex Jones, but it does cite a tv station) Oregon Celebrates Independence Day… With ‘No Refusal’ Blood Checkpoints Police rename Fourth of July weekend "No Refusal Weekend" by Steve Watson | Infowars.com | June 27, 2014 During Independence Day weekend, a time to celebrate US freedom and unalienable rights, Americans in Oregon will be subjected to a “blitz” of ‘no-refusal’ blood-draw checkpoints, as part of a disturbing trend that now extends nationwide. Local news station KVAL reports that State police are re-naming Fourth of July weekend “No Refusal Weekend”, as part of a crack down on drunk driving. Any driver who is stopped by police and refuses to take an alcohol breath test will be subjected to a mandatory blood test either at the scene, at a medical facility, or at the nearest jail. Anyone who merely questions the breath test could also automatically lose their license for a year. http://www.infowars.com/oregon-celeb...d-checkpoints/ July 4th 2013 stats: OSP troopers reported 60 DUII arrests statewide during this year’s holiday period, an increase over the 21 reported arrests during last year’s shorter period. Preliminary information indicates 5 people died in five separate traffic crashes in Oregon during the 102-hour Fourth of July holiday period between 6:00 p.m., July 3, and 11:59 p.m., July 7. All five crashes occurred on July 5th. According to ODOT’s Fatality Analysis Reporting System (FARS) statistics, this was the deadliest Fourth of July holiday period since 2008 when there were six reported deaths.

Jesus Christ Almighty. My dad and I weren't planning to drink while we're driving down, but I really don't want to deal with that crap!!!!
Old 6/27/14, 04:35 PM
Post *****

Everyone seems to like the GT500s but they sound too "hollow" to me.
I wonder why no one has tried the GT500KR (M-5230-S) on the 5.0? They have a really good sound on the 4.6L3V and have the packed tips like the Bullitt AB's. But I have not read of anyone trying them on the 5.0.
Of course since FRPP keeps them close to $600 bucks that may be why...
Old 6/27/14, 04:37 PM
Post *****

Jesus Christ Almighty.
No - JC is the Son of the Almighty.

My dad and I weren't planning to drink while we're driving down, but I really don't want to deal with that crap!!!!
Right! Reads like no probable cause needed. Roadblock and draw blood. Effing *^&$##*!!
Old 6/27/14, 04:46 PM

No - JC is the Son of the Almighty. Right! Reads like no probable cause needed. Roadblock and draw blood. Effing *^&$##*!!
Is that even legal to do? Seems like some sort of rights violation.
Old 6/27/14, 04:52 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by AlsCobra
Is that even legal to do? Seems like some sort of rights violation.
I presume they're trying to use that crap 'driving is a privilege not a right'. In other states that have pulled this, enough people refused and called media and the cops pulled it. I think Texas tried it.
The article says if you refuse you go to jail. That is beyond outrageous. And OR claims they will have judges on standby via phone to issue warrants. Since when is a cops word enough to get a warrant - isn't SOME kind of evidence required for a judge to issue a search warrant?
And WHEN are police - who are both citizens and supposed to be upholders of our Laws and Constitution, going to STAND UP as FREE MEN/WOMEN and say ENOUGH GESTAPO!! Freakin cowards.
I think this is part of building a nationwide DNA database.
I know better than to have even 1 beer on holiday weekends around here. And regardless of the faulty breathalyzers (that get many arrests thrown out), it will still cost you a boatload of money.

Last edited by cdynaco; 6/27/14 at 04:54 PM.
Old 6/27/14, 05:01 PM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by shurtual86
borlas!....
$$$$$
Originally Posted by AlsCobra
Mac. And nothing in stainless. Welded aluminum if you want a decent sound. Stainless sounds like big soup can.
Those aren't bad but I'm worried about drone. A little bit is fine, but they're supposed to be really bad.
Solo Performance dude. Check out my thread in 2010-14...
Just checked it out. Sounded too "gurgley" to me.
Old 6/27/14, 05:03 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 643 Likes on 463 Posts
I presume they're trying to use that crap 'driving is a privilege not a right'. In other states that have pulled this, enough people refused and called media and the cops pulled it. I think Texas tried it.
The article says if you refuse you go to jail. That is beyond outrageous. And OR claims they will have judges on standby via phone to issue warrants. Since when is a cops word enough to get a warrant - isn't SOME kind of evidence required for a judge to issue a search warrant?
And WHEN are police - who are both citizens and supposed to be upholders of our Laws and Constitution, going to STAND UP as FREE MEN/WOMEN and say ENOUGH GESTAPO!! Freakin cowards.
I think this is part of building a nationwide DNA database.
I know better than to have even 1 beer on holiday weekends around here. And regardless of the faulty breathalyzers (that get many arrests thrown out), it will still cost you a boatload of money.

Refusing a breathalyzer and a blood test here gets you an automatic trip to jail on the spot and 1 year suspension of your license. Has been like that for as long as I can remember.
Old 6/27/14, 05:07 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
Refusing a breathalyzer and a blood test here gets you an automatic trip to jail on the spot and 1 year suspension of your license. Has been like that for as long as I can remember.
The same here - refusing breathalyzer on the road or blood test at the station... but none of that is unless the officer sees probable cause.
I know a guy that beat the police because they couldn't verify the breathalyzer had been certified since its previous use. Attorney fees were $10k. But he still lost his license because of DMV Rules. So there's actually two courts you have to face... one legal, one Administrative. Kept him out of jail though...
Old 6/27/14, 05:09 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
That's if they have probably cause. The police are not allowed to walk up to you, whether you're in a car or not, and ask you to submit to a breathalyzer.

Charlie's post, however, states Oregon is doing JUST that. And it's not the first time for Oregon either. It will be interesting with my dad being retired PD. I'll make sure he's driving when we get to a checkpoint lol. Since I already have a "wet and reckless" on my DL, that alone could be probable cause for them

Really not looking forward to driving next weekend. I wish I could have done it this weekend or pushed it back another week. My $750 coupon is expiring on 7/7 though, so I had to do it next weekend. And I don't want to wait another week!

Quick Reply: Mustangs Coast to Coast