Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
16.67%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
83.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 11/28/12, 09:57 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 643 Likes on 463 Posts
Originally Posted by Shelby08
Over the past 5 years they've stolen about that much from our company...Copper is a big item...unfortunately integrity is lacking in this world...
These freakin' meth heads and pillbillies around here steal every piece of it they can get their hands on. Go through neighborhoods and gut A/C units, and such. People in construction had to start hiring patrols to watch subdivisions they were building because they would go through there at night and gut the wiring and plumbing out of houses that were still being built, knock out the sheet rock if it was already up, etc.

And catalytic converters too for the platinum. They'd go to used car lots with a cordless sawzall and cut the converters off of every car on the lot at night.
Old 11/28/12, 09:58 PM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
These freakin' meth heads and pillbillies around here steal every piece of it they can get their hands on. Go through neighborhoods and gut A/C units, and such. People in construction had to start hiring patrols to watch subdivisions they were building because they would go through there at night and gut the wiring and plumbing out of houses that were still being built, knock out the sheet rock if it was already up, etc.

And catalytic converters too for the platinum. They'd go to used car lots with a cordless sawzall and cut the converters off of every car on the lot at night.
O/R H FTW!!
Old 11/28/12, 10:06 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We had the same thing going on with the housing developments and catalytic converters...that relaxed a good bit, but people still love stealing wire by the rolls...We have anywhere from 10-15 rolls of wire at the shop at any given time each one worth several thousands....sad part last time we caught them it was someone that used to be considered a friend.
Old 11/28/12, 10:57 PM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
Some of you prob remember back a couple years ago me griping about my phone lines being cut. It was cause they kept stealing copper. At one point they stole the same 1/4 mile stretch of phone cable 8 times in 10 days.
Old 11/28/12, 11:04 PM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by Scothew
Some of you prob remember back a couple years ago me griping about my phone lines being cut. It was cause they kept stealing copper. At one point they stole the same 1/4 mile stretch of phone cable 8 times in 10 days.
I remember that.
Old 11/28/12, 11:05 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dang...that's a steady pattern...people just steal for sport these days..

thankfully we can turn in a $25,000 roll on insurance...I imagine you can do the same???
Old 11/29/12, 06:49 AM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Originally Posted by Shelby08

dang...that's a steady pattern...people just steal for sport these days..

thankfully we can turn in a $25,000 roll on insurance...I imagine you can do the same???
Wasn't on me, it was the phone company's problem. Only thing that it hindered me was working efficiently.
Old 11/29/12, 07:03 AM
Service Manager

Received 452 Likes on 224 Posts

It's not just meth heads and pillbillies.....There is a body shop in Moody right across from Adesa auto auction that was busted for chopping cars. They would pull cars off the interstate that broke down and even had a tow company grab a Mercedes that was parked in the auction parking lot across the street! They also stole Catalytic converters from a local scrap yard and took them to another scrap yard to sell...$4,000 worth!!! They got busted earlier this year.

Morning everyone!
Old 11/29/12, 08:29 AM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Hey Paul, just spent the last 30 min in bhays favorite parking lot...... 459 and 280. Just to get to the frigging red light. Glad there wasn't a wreck
Old 11/29/12, 09:18 AM
Service Manager

Hey Paul, just spent the last 30 min in bhays favorite parking lot...... 459 and 280. Just to get to the frigging red light. Glad there wasn't a wreck

And people ask me why I live and work out in Odenville
Old 11/29/12, 09:21 AM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Originally Posted by svopaul

And people ask me why I live and work out in Odenville
I hate having to come to clients over here
Old 11/29/12, 10:21 AM
Service Manager

I hate having to come to clients over here

Just think, you used to work over there every day!
Old 11/29/12, 10:54 AM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Originally Posted by svopaul
Just think, you used to work over there every day!
Yeah at least HS was close to teh free way. Then when I was at the Galleria Tower, hwy 31 was no where near as bad as 280. It was alot less ghetto however.
Old 11/29/12, 11:10 AM
Service Manager

Yeah at least HS was close to teh free way. Then when I was at the Galleria Tower, hwy 31 was no where near as bad as 280. It was alot less ghetto however.
True...it is a mess over there and it's only going to get worse.
Old 11/29/12, 02:18 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
afternoon peeps.

Long **** meeting this morning that gives me supreme confidence in the organization that I do some work for It truly amazes me how ignorant the people that make the rules and laws are of what actually happens with the people doing the real work. When I'm a CEO, I promise to change that.
Old 11/29/12, 03:13 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by StangMahn
afternoon peeps.

Long **** meeting this morning that gives me supreme confidence in the organization that I do some work for It truly amazes me how ignorant the people that make the rules and laws are of what actually happens with the people doing the real work. When I'm a CEO, I promise to change that.
I remember years back at the coffee company. They would send department heads out to ride with route sales every summer. It was always an eye opener to them what actually went on in the field. And usually helped them think a little deeper before they made asinine decisions.
I heard they stopped doing that a few years after I left. Now the company is shrinking.

Seems like one of the big hotel chain does that too. Or used too.
Old 11/29/12, 03:25 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Dayum. Pretty sure the watts link on my Cruiser saved me from rolling last night. They actually corner decent without too much body roll.
Dodged a deerski which put me on the left shoulder (Oregon shoulder - about 10" of gravel that just drops off) heading towards the ditch as the road curves to the right. Corrected which got me back on the pavement (in the opposing lane).
As roly poly as they look it would have been easy to roll over as I corrected but it stayed pretty flat. Took out a reflector which took the drivers mirror off and left a scuff on the lower left side. Thankfully there was no traffic. And thankfully I'm here to write about it. Have to order a new mirror when I get back from vacation. Maybe I can wax the scuff out. Dang it.

Last edited by cdynaco; 11/29/12 at 03:27 PM.
Old 11/29/12, 03:58 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by cdynaco
Dayum. Pretty sure the watts link on my Cruiser saved me from rolling last night. They actually corner decent without too much body roll.
Dodged a deerski which put me on the left shoulder (Oregon shoulder - about 10" of gravel that just drops off) heading towards the ditch as the road curves to the right. Corrected which got me back on the pavement (in the opposing lane).
As roly poly as they look it would have been easy to roll over as I corrected but it stayed pretty flat. Took out a reflector which took the drivers mirror off and left a scuff on the lower left side. Thankfully there was no traffic. And thankfully I'm here to write about it. Have to order a new mirror when I get back from vacation. Maybe I can wax the scuff out. Dang it.
That sucks, thank goodness nothing really bad happened, Have fun on your Vacation
Old 11/29/12, 04:51 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 643 Likes on 463 Posts
Originally Posted by cdynaco

Yeah, that'll make your pooter pucker. Stupid freaking deer.
Old 11/29/12, 05:20 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by StangMahn
afternoon peeps.

I work in manufacturing and you'd be even more amazed at the decisions being made in this environment!

Quick Reply: Mustangs Coast to Coast