Notices
Lava Red

Who went with Lava Red??

Search this Thread

Old 6/5/11, 11:47 AM
Cur
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Awesome pics J1000! Thanks a ton. Cannot wait for mine to show up!
Old 6/5/11, 11:58 AM

Lots of great great pics in this thread! Can't wait to see it in person

I think of it as "black with a twist".
Old 6/5/11, 07:34 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by SwissGT
I think of it as "black with a twist".
A twist of Lava to be exact.

Counting the days my friends counting the days....
Old 6/6/11, 07:33 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by jaybertx
Sooooo freaking awesome. Thanks a ton for posting them. I can't wait to own this color!!
I agree, this is one color that will be the talk of the town!

Deysha
Old 6/6/11, 08:01 PM
Bullitt Member

Thanks everyone
Old 6/7/11, 08:59 AM

Hey everyone, I ordered my Mustang two weeks ago, but can still change the interior (currently Saddle). Any opinions on Lava Red with the Saddle interior? I have yet to see any photos of this combination online! Any opinions/photos appreciated
Old 6/7/11, 09:14 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by mattv6
Hey everyone, I ordered my Mustang two weeks ago, but can still change the interior (currently Saddle). Any opinions on Lava Red with the Saddle interior? I have yet to see any photos of this combination online! Any opinions/photos appreciated
https://themustangsource.com/f726/la...ortage-495728/

You might be out of luck on getting lava red right now if that info is correct.
Old 6/7/11, 10:01 AM
Mach 1 Member

J1000 is probably right but best of luck to you!

I have not seen the combination but saddle goes well with both red and black cars so I think it would look great.
Old 6/7/11, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by J1000
https://themustangsource.com/f726/la...ortage-495728/

You might be out of luck on getting lava red right now if that info is correct.
Funny you mention that link to the Kona Blue and Lava Red shortage. I emailed that to the ford salesman, and he said that he hasn't seen any restrictions on his end (besides tuxedo black). Fingers crossed! Thanks for your input on the Lava Red and Saddle. I'm not the greatest at visualizing colors (slightly colorblind haha).
Old 6/8/11, 04:09 AM

Funny you mention that link to the Kona Blue and Lava Red shortage. I emailed that to the ford salesman, and he said that he hasn't seen any restrictions on his end (besides tuxedo black). Fingers crossed! Thanks for your input on the Lava Red and Saddle. I'm not the greatest at visualizing colors (slightly colorblind haha).
Just found out my order for Lava Red will not be filled. Placed my order on 5/21. Lava Red Balanced out on 6/2, so if you did not get scheduled. That's it.

My dealer is trying to locate one for me now.. slim pickings out there. He could only find 5 in the country close to my spec.

Time for the hard choice.. change color or see if there is something you can accept and ship.

Wish you all luck!

Lid Serra
Old 6/8/11, 05:20 AM
Mach 1 Member

What are you looking for? There is a dealer near me with a couple of lava cars.
Old 6/8/11, 10:08 AM
Cur
V6 Member

Check Cars.com... last time I looked a few weeks ago there had to be a dozen of them on there.
Old 6/8/11, 10:24 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by J1000
Thanks! I'm not joking when I say that at LEAST once a day, somebody comes up to me in a parking lot or yells from their car window while driving, etc, asking what that color is called and then tells me how awesome it looks. It's so subtle, but when the sun hits it just right, the lava flows.
Dude,,great pics,,love the car!!
Old 6/8/11, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by lidserra
Just found out my order for Lava Red will not be filled. Placed my order on 5/21. Lava Red Balanced out on 6/2, so if you did not get scheduled. That's it.

My dealer is trying to locate one for me now.. slim pickings out there. He could only find 5 in the country close to my spec.

Time for the hard choice.. change color or see if there is something you can accept and ship.

Wish you all luck!

Lid Serra

Well thats just great Would there be any reason why the Ford salesman keeps telling me Lava Red is available? I ordered the same day you did, do not have have a VIN, build date or anything. This is my first car purchase, and is frustrating as hell!
Old 6/8/11, 12:28 PM
Cur
V6 Member

Well thats just great Would there be any reason why the Ford salesman keeps telling me Lava Red is available? I ordered the same day you did, do not have have a VIN, build date or anything. This is my first car purchase, and is frustrating as hell!
Send "FordCustomerService" a PM with your dealer number (should be something like F12345) and your order number and they can look into it for you, they are MUCH, MUCH more helpful that the dealers seem to be in regards to these types of things. Best of luck!
Old 6/8/11, 04:14 PM

Wish you all luck!

Lid Serra
That sucks! Its weird how only a few days can make a difference....My order went into the system 5/19...build scheduled for 6/16, ship 6/26 (not likely from what I've been reading)...but at least I got a VIN...sorry you werent able to get the car you wanted - maybe one will come up in the dealer search???

Good Luck

Derek
Old 6/8/11, 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by Cur
Check Cars.com... last time I looked a few weeks ago there had to be a dozen of them on there.
We looked last night and there were 5 V6 Premium convertibles with 202A packages. 4 are Demos and the 5th sold this weekend.

Pickings are pretty slim out there for anything convertible. My salesman went through 20 cars today in other colors and either they are sold, demos or no trade.

Changed my order to Ingot Silver today.. at least there are no holds on it... so far
Old 6/8/11, 04:24 PM

Matt, fortunately I work for a Ford supplier so I can see the commodity reports and I have a very good relationship with my dealer and they are very forth coming.

My order showed "Material Hold" on his order sheet, due to the paint shortage. I am not sure what your salesman knows, but the paint issues have been well published since the earth quake. When I placed my order, I already knew I was spinning the wheel to get in before the balance out. Didn't make it.

My suggestion is you ask them what colors are not on hold and think about what your second choice would be. It will save you a lot of frustration.
Old 6/8/11, 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by slowandold
That sucks! Its weird how only a few days can make a difference....My order went into the system 5/19...build scheduled for 6/16, ship 6/26 (not likely from what I've been reading)...but at least I got a VIN...sorry you werent able to get the car you wanted - maybe one will come up in the dealer search???

Good Luck

Derek
Congrads Derek... it happens, I knew it was a gamble when I placed my order... slim pickings out there for other cars.. and hard to pick a color after you picked Lava Red. I tried looking at the other reds.. and well just not the same.. so I changed my order to Ingot Silver.
Old 6/8/11, 09:41 PM

Matt, fortunately I work for a Ford supplier so I can see the commodity reports and I have a very good relationship with my dealer and they are very forth coming.

My order showed "Material Hold" on his order sheet, due to the paint shortage. I am not sure what your salesman knows, but the paint issues have been well published since the earth quake. When I placed my order, I already knew I was spinning the wheel to get in before the balance out. Didn't make it.

My suggestion is you ask them what colors are not on hold and think about what your second choice would be. It will save you a lot of frustration.

Thanks for filling me in. Yea I'm not 100% sure what my salesman is smoking. MANY people are telling me that Lava Red isn't available..so he might be a bit ignorant. Any guess on Sterling Grey coming back?

Quick Reply: Who went with Lava Red??