2015 - 2023 MUSTANG Discuss everything 2015-2023 S550 Mustang

2015 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread

Search this Thread

Old 2/26/15, 09:16 PM
V6 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Will3212
I ordered the same, but with the PP and deep impact blue. I hope our convertibles don't take longer for delivery than the fastbacks.
I hope not. There is a great documentary from National Geographic on Youtube on the Mustang factory. I wonder if they have to have convertible day at the factory as there are different parts needed. I placed my order on 2/10 and still no VIN number.

Last edited by jonser; 2/26/15 at 09:17 PM.
Old 2/27/15, 05:32 AM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
still nothing, my sales person told me she put it through this Tuesday, I'm wondering if she really did..I'm emailing her now.
Yeah, that's possible. I ordered mine on New year's day, but my order date is the 6th. Others have said it was online by the time they got home.
Old 2/27/15, 05:42 AM
GT Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
still nothing, my sales person told me she put it through this Tuesday, I'm wondering if she really did..I'm emailing her now.
When I ordered mine, I was told Ford enters their orders from the dealer on Thursday, so the dealer would not have any information until today. I was also told that depending on how many orders there were and when the order was submitted, it might not be until the second Thursday after the order was submitted before Ford enters it into their system.
Old 2/27/15, 07:01 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by teresa318
Ordered my mustang in Jan. Cotusb said build date was 2/10 and delivery date 3/1, but its not showing as shipped yet. Is there any way to get more info on when it will arrive? I am so anxious to get it!!!
Welcome, teresa318! I’m happy to track it for you. PM with your dealer’s name and order number, or your VIN.

I tried tracking my order on COTUS and it said nothing was found, how long does it take to appear in the tracking system?
Thank you for your PM, Will3212. I’ll get back to you as soon as possible.

Deysha
Old 2/27/15, 10:14 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Will we be able to track it on Cotus, once our Cars are fixed ? The ones that were held up due to a mess up at plant ..
Old 2/27/15, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by Waiting
Will we be able to track it on Cotus, once our Cars are fixed ? The ones that were held up due to a mess up at plant ..
Waiting: the zodiac may have a better predictive value i fear .. ..
Old 2/27/15, 02:28 PM

..and talking about the zodiac .. seems like the stars have aligned .. status changed to: in transit. ... it stayed on awaiting shipment for approx one week
Old 2/27/15, 03:01 PM
V6 Member

Lucky You, I'm still sitting awaiting Shipment (2/5/15) !!!!
Old 2/27/15, 03:07 PM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Waiting
No Waiting, but I can.

Originally Posted by h0rN3t
..and talking about the zodiac .. seems like the stars have aligned .. status changed to: in transit. ... it stayed on awaiting shipment for approx one week
Woot woot! I’m trying to tell these guys, h0rN3t. They are starting to move little by little. Have a great weekend!

Deysha
Old 2/27/15, 03:32 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by FordService
No Waiting, but I can.

Woot woot! I’m trying to tell these guys, h0rN3t. They are starting to move little by little. Have a great weekend!

Deysha
Will You PM me when my car is in transit ?
Old 2/27/15, 06:07 PM

Hi! What was your original delivery date? Mine is 3/1 so I am wondering how far behind your car mine might be. Congrats on a shipping date,I am green with envy!!
Old 2/27/15, 07:09 PM
GT Member

I'm still excited and not upset by the delay. In fact, the wait has made me more excited. I had two alternatives I was looking at, another Charger, or a hardtop convertible 4 Series. I don't want either one. I don't want to just go take dealer stock. I want THIS car. I planned this purchase when I had my 35th Anniversary Mustang. It's worth whatever it takes to get it here. I'm using the time to plan what I want to add to it when it gets here. This is more than worth waiting for. I had a countdown on my phone with the estimated delivery date. Once it hit 0, I added a month to it. I have no idea how long it will take, but having some kind of countdown helps show that time is passing. When it finally shows up, I'm going to be far more excited than if I had gotten it this week.
Old 2/28/15, 03:20 AM

Originally Posted by LinckG
I'm still excited and not upset by the delay. In fact, the wait has made me more excited. I had two alternatives I was looking at, another Charger, or a hardtop convertible 4 Series. I don't want either one. I don't want to just go take dealer stock. I want THIS car. I planned this purchase when I had my 35th Anniversary Mustang. It's worth whatever it takes to get it here. I'm using the time to plan what I want to add to it when it gets here. This is more than worth waiting for. I had a countdown on my phone with the estimated delivery date. Once it hit 0, I added a month to it. I have no idea how long it will take, but having some kind of countdown helps show that time is passing. When it finally shows up, I'm going to be far more excited than if I had gotten it this week.
I really like the attitude of getting things planned out while you're waiting. Mine has actually arrived but I don't plan to pick it up for another 30 days. Waiting for weather change, planning some mods, working out logistics for parking, and just finished taking online driver safety course to reduce my insurance. -- I say hats off to ya, LinckG! At the end of the day it's all about attitude.
Old 2/28/15, 04:07 AM
V6 Member

Yup, great attitude for sure. Mine was ordered 2/16 and it says 30 more days to delivery. I'm in no rush either. Just want perfection. Gonna baby it as it's not gonna be my daily driver. Gotta truck and a Vmax.

Magnetic Metallic/GT Premium, Group 400A. Auto/20" wheels/Red-line color accent group w/unique door trim
Old 2/28/15, 05:31 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Spiker52
Yup, great attitude for sure. Mine was ordered 2/16 and it says 30 more days to delivery. I'm in no rush either. Just want perfection. Gonna baby it as it's not gonna be my daily driver. Gotta truck and a Vmax.

Magnetic Metallic/GT Premium, Group 400A. Auto/20" wheels/Red-line color accent group w/unique door trim
Glad to hear you have a countdown going, just wish I had one for mine! I ordered 2/7 and have nothing more than a VIN number at this time. My guess is because the dealer I ordered through had no more allocations for a February build, and I have to wait until March for the build. No big deal here though, as the snow is still coming every now and then, and tomorrow is 3/1. Maybe I will get an updated cotus status next week.
Old 2/28/15, 08:15 AM

Thanks for sharing the video jonser, my son will like this and I'll definitely be watching with him again.
Old 2/28/15, 02:21 PM
V6 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I ordered on 2/10 and still do not even have a VIN yet.
Old 2/28/15, 03:09 PM
Bullitt Member

Nothing new for me. For those that haven't been following the thread, here is what we know now. Ford had a problem with approximately 4000 cars built around the beginning of February. (From what another user posted, these are all GTs.) We don't know what the problem is and can only guess. These cars are being held by the factory even though COTUS says awaiting shipment. The countdown is automatic. So, those of us effected can't rely on it. My number disappeared along with the estimated delivery date the day after it hit 0. Ford is releasing cars now, which means they have a resolution. We don't know how long this is going to take. I ask for updates weekly on Monday. Starting next week I'm going to ask how many of the 4000 are left, and assume mine is last.

At this point we get to build up our down payments while we wait. That's not a bad thing. If anyone else has other info or corrections, please add it.
I started a thread about this 5 months ago and a bunch of you started throwing mud and then BOOMER locked the thread.
Old 2/28/15, 04:20 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by t-fatty
I started a thread about this 5 months ago and a bunch of you started throwing mud and then BOOMER locked the thread.
I looked up that post, and yeah, that was about 5 months ago. I am sure that if there was an issue back then, that it got resolved then and building continued. Maybe the same issue arose that caused the hold-up in February, but definitive information was not released on this instance, and all we know is that cars were held up.

At this point we get to build up our down payments while we wait. That's not a bad thing.
Like was said in this line, I will continue to build my down payment to lower my monthly payment, or build up money for more modifications when it does arrive. As long as it is built right, that's what matters to me.

Do I want a countdown to estimated delivery? Yeah, who wouldn't? Can I speed up the process? No, so I wait as patiently as I can while checking the cotus site for updates. If it gets too close to when my dealer promised delivery and I still have no updates, I know who to message to ask my questions. Hopefully the other held up cars get released, shipped, and delivered soon. Waiting all that time, then finding out about a hold-up that affects you would be a painful experience.
Old 2/28/15, 06:04 PM

Ordered my 2015 GT Convertible the Saturday after New Years. I was told it would take 6-8 weeks and they were pretty close. Got a call from the dealer last Monday, 2/23 that the car was in. Needless to say, it was in my garage that evening and I LOVE it!!

Quick Reply: 2015 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread