2015 - 2023 MUSTANG Discuss everything 2015-2023 S550 Mustang

2015 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread

Search this Thread

Old 2/8/15, 11:21 AM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by hschade
At first my sales man told me the car comes with the holder installed from the factory, but after reading on these forums I told him that it should not and he talked w/ his manager and found out they (the dealer) install them NOT the factory.

That's right forums like this one are how most of us know what's going on. My rep doesn't know how to answer my questions, and when he finds out information, it is usually wrong. He told me there was no order number, that I would get a VIN after the car was built. One week after placing my order, he said the car was being built right then. Thanks to Deysha, I got my order number, and she even told me when to watch for the VIN and later the window sticker. My rep didn't even know what COTUS was.

Thanks to this forum and the X-Plan, all the dealer has to do is take my money and give me a car in the condition I request it in, which is untouched. The last part is the only concern I have.
Old 2/9/15, 12:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks guys ! Yeah I'll make sure to get in touch with my dealer a couple of weeks before delivery to tell him not to install the front plates. Don't want holes in my bumper either.
Old 2/9/15, 07:59 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by LaWFuLEviL
Thanks guys ! Yeah I'll make sure to get in touch with my dealer a couple of weeks before delivery to tell him not to install the front plates. Don't want holes in my bumper either.
Tell your sales guy to break the bracket in half when the car arrives. That way there's no way the tech can install it during your PDI.
Old 2/9/15, 08:17 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
good luck with the paint sticking to the front end being aluminium lol from 05 to 2012 they never got it right & that was just a hood now you got fenders 😨
Attached Thumbnails 2015 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread-20141019_124458.jpg  

Last edited by GottaHaveIt; 2/9/15 at 08:39 AM.
Old 2/9/15, 08:32 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
CONGRATULATIONS to you as well hschade !!! Thanks for the timeline detail, gives me hope that next week I should see an "Estimated Delivery Date".
Thanks for your PM, LaWFuLEviL! I’ll get back to you as soon as possible.

Originally Posted by Waiting
My Car is Now in Awaiting Shipment !!!! Hurry up 2-24-2015, Can't Wait !!!
Not quite yet, Waiting. PM me for an update.

Originally Posted by 15BluStang
My order went through on the same day. It will be interesting to see the dates each our orders make it through the process. This will be my third Mustang (fourth if you include my first car, 1967 Cougar). But this is my first time I ordered a car. I have always bought off the lot. After the test drive I will be impatiently waiting.
Welcome and congrats on you order, 15BluStang! Please PM me with your dealer’s name and order number so I can track it for you.

Originally Posted by LinckG
When I went to bed the car was in production. When I woke up it said delivered. If only. I'm 16 days out. I sent a text to my sales guy instructing him not to mount the license plate holder. I'm going to stop by and see him in person and stress that I won't take delivery if they drill holes in my car.
Not quite, LinckG. PM me for an update.

Originally Posted by Skrapmetal
Really wish I had my order number so I could check out that cotus site... emailed my salesman two or three days ago asking for it and haven't got a response yet. ><
Send me a PM with your dealer’s name, the date you placed your order, and what options you got (color, body, etc.), Skrapmetal. I’ll look in their order bank for you.

Deysha
Old 2/9/15, 08:40 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
you never see this on any airplane FedEx or ups truck just ford's 😡 WHY ?
Old 2/9/15, 12:03 PM
GT Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by FordService

Send me a PM with your dealer’s name, the date you placed your order, and what options you got (color, body, etc.), Skrapmetal. I’ll look in their order bank for you.

Deysha
I stopped by today and talked to them... and changed my order a bit (upgraded from base GT to the Premium GT), which they said wouldn't be an issue as it hadn't even been added to the production schedule yet.

They did provide me with their order number, I PM'd you the details.
Old 2/9/15, 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by laserred38
Tell your sales guy to break the bracket in half when the car arrives. That way there's no way the tech can install it during your PDI.
Will do !! So far away ...
Old 2/9/15, 04:52 PM
GT Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Woo!

Order date was pushed back a week and a half because I was fickle and decided I had to have leather this time around.
Attached Thumbnails 2015 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread-order-processing-censored.jpg  

Last edited by Skrapmetal; 2/9/15 at 04:54 PM.
Old 2/10/15, 05:57 AM
GT Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My order on cotus has been updated to show an estimated delivery date of 3/28/15. So 45 days until possible delivery. No build date, transport date, or window sticker yet. But that is progresss.
Old 2/10/15, 11:15 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Skrapmetal
I stopped by today and talked to them... and changed my order a bit (upgraded from base GT to the Premium GT), which they said wouldn't be an issue as it hadn't even been added to the production schedule yet.

They did provide me with their order number, I PM'd you the details.
Great! Thanks, Skrapmetal! I’ll get back to you as soon as possible.

Originally Posted by 15BluStang
My order on cotus has been updated to show an estimated delivery date of 3/28/15. So 45 days until possible delivery. No build date, transport date, or window sticker yet. But that is progresss.
I’ll get you more info soon, 15BluStang.

Deysha
Old 2/10/15, 12:56 PM

The wait is killing me ... ordered went through on : 1/28/2015 ... I know this is gonna be a looong wait. Waited for years for my Mustang, might as well wait a few weeks more.

Question : Almost immediately I could see VIN number online next to the order date. However, I do not see the estimated delivery/build date, also no Window Sticker link has appeared yet. I thought the VIN, Window Sticker Link and delivery date show up together. Any ideas guys ?
Ooooh ! I now see an Estimated Delivery Date ... with "44 Days Left". No Window Sticker link yet.

Question : Is the "Estimated Delivery Date" same as the "Build Date" ?
Old 2/10/15, 01:07 PM
GT Member

Ooooh ! I now see an Estimated Delivery Date ... with "44 Days Left". No Window Sticker link yet.

Question : Is the "Estimated Delivery Date" same as the "Build Date" ?

For me it was not the build date. It is the estimated date the vehicle should get delivered to the dealer.
See my post about 15 ago for the time frames I've experienced so far:

When I found the tracking web site, about three days after ordering, the VIN was present, but no dates or sticker.
About 2 weeks after ordering an Estimated Delivery Date showed up for me.
Then about a week to 1.5 weeks later (about a day before going to production) my window sticker link showed up, but it did not work until the next day.
From there watching it move through the system was fun.

But once it got to the shipping stage.... the patience I'd had until then was gone.
Old 2/10/15, 03:41 PM

For me it was not the build date. It is the estimated date the vehicle should get delivered to the dealer.
See my post about 15 ago for the time frames I've experienced so far:
Yep, read that before. Thanks ! Also, the days don't count down as they pass right ? Once in a while the days are just updated based on estimation correct ? I can see you had three estimated delivery dates. However, 6 more days to go for you. Has your head exploded yet ?
Old 2/10/15, 04:16 PM
GT Member

Are you talking the "days left" to the right, like the attached?
That one updates daily for me.

The "Estimated Delivery Date" has updated randomly every so often.

And yes my head almost has.
A recent update has me hoping my car may be delivered as early as Friday or Saturday though.
Attached Images  
Old 2/10/15, 07:39 PM
Bullitt Member

Ordered S550 #2.

My wife likes my GT so much she wants to trade our 2012 V6 'vert and our 2014 Focus Titanium on an Ecoboost 'vert. Yesterday we ordered it, a Magnetic Ecoboost Premium automatic 'vert. Thus begins another round of COTUS love/hate.

It was already in COTUS by the time we got home. Priority 10, hopefully it's here before too long.
Old 2/10/15, 09:52 PM
V6 Member

Can someone describe for me what option 68B "Premier Trim with Color Accent Group" looks like?
Old 2/11/15, 12:43 AM

Why is our Mustang in production for the past 10 days?

We were excited when the cotusb site showed that our car was in production a week ago Sunday. Ever since then the only change we've seen is that the days count down on the right. The estimated delivery date is still 02/20/2015
Old 2/11/15, 06:25 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by k8conant
We were excited when the cotusb site showed that our car was in production a week ago Sunday. Ever since then the only change we've seen is that the days count down on the right. The estimated delivery date is still 02/20/2015
Congratz on the new car.

Took about 6 days for mine to leave production.
Old 2/11/15, 07:21 AM
V6 Member

Sigh...Been stuck like this for weeks. ETA was 2/6/15, now it just says TBD.

Name:  9JciiH2.png
Views: 6
Size:  296.7 KB

Quick Reply: 2015 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread