2015 - 2023 MUSTANG Discuss everything 2015-2023 S550 Mustang

2015 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread

Search this Thread

Old 1/16/15, 11:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pardon my ignorance...

What's a Tonneau Cap and how do you use it on a Mustang?

-CorwinSF
Old 1/16/15, 02:57 PM

Back in the day on convertables it was called a boot. It snapped on over the folded top and gave the car a finished look.
Old 1/16/15, 03:53 PM
V6 Member

Tonneau Caps

On the 2015 Convertible there are two Caps that are supposed to come with the car. These are the Tonneau Caps that you can put on each side of the car when the top is down. I've attached a partial shot of the owners manual, page 186 that shows and describes them.

Mine did not come with the car as they were supposed to but Deysha found out for me that it was just an oversight and they would be sent by Ford directly. The problem has probably been corrected already for new deliveries.
Attached Thumbnails 2015 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread-tonneau-caps.jpg  
Old 1/16/15, 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by SilverBullet
On the 2015 Convertible there are two Caps that are supposed to come with the car. These are the Tonneau Caps that you can put on each side of the car when the top is down. I've attached a partial shot of the owners manual, page 186 that shows and describes them.

Mine did not come with the car as they were supposed to but Deysha found out for me that it was just an oversight and they would be sent by Ford directly. The problem has probably been corrected already for new deliveries.
Nope, I just bought mine and got the notice from my dealer that they would ship directly to my house. For anyone who purchases after 2/15 they will be sent to the dealer's parts department.
Old 1/17/15, 08:40 PM

My order was placed in the middle of December (looking for delivery in late March/early April to avoid a snow-time delivery) for the following:

P8C - 2015 Mustang GT Premium
RR - Ruby Red
44X - 6-Speed Manual
401A - Equipment Group
975 - 50 Years Appearance Package
43S - Enhanced Security Package
77R - Reverse Sensing System
66W - Spare Wheel and Tire
52S - Adaptive Cruise Control et al
12A - All-Weather Floor Mats
91N - Voice-Activated Navigation System

Also let the dealership know NOT to drill holes in the front bumper for a front license plate. I realize that some states require by law for the dealerships to prep for the front plate before the car leaves their lot. So I've already purchased a STO N' SHO Front Plate Bracket to be installed before it leaves their lot.
Old 1/19/15, 06:43 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by nlavio
Daysha, did u get my pm? I sent my dealer info and order #
I sure did, nlavio. I sent you a response on Friday.

Originally Posted by JManNYC
My order was placed in the middle of December (looking for delivery in late March/early April to avoid a snow-time delivery) for the following:

P8C - 2015 Mustang GT Premium
RR - Ruby Red ...
Congrats on your order, JManNYC! PM me with your dealer’s name and order number so I can track it.

Deysha
Old 1/19/15, 04:01 PM

Deysha says my car is passing through Nevada now. A pretty dramatic shift. Must'a gotten on the right train

-CorwinSF
Old 1/20/15, 07:42 AM

Has anyone been waiting longer? I placed my order 11/26 and still processing..
Old 1/20/15, 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by TaylorZane
haha, I place my order on October 28. They have no idea where my car is. It's on a train somewhere I guess. I'm ready to start looking elsewhere
Old 1/20/15, 09:02 AM
V6 Member

I ordered mine on October 24,2014 and just got a Vin # last week !!!
When will my car be built is a good question ??? My husband ordered it for my birthday present ( Dec) very late present.....
Old 1/20/15, 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by CorwinSF
Deysha says my car is passing through Nevada now. A pretty dramatic shift. Must'a gotten on the right train

-CorwinSF
It’s getting closer, CorwinSF!

PM me for more info, TaylorZane.

Originally Posted by Jason Mahar
haha, I place my order on October 28. They have no idea where my car is. It's on a train somewhere I guess. I'm ready to start looking elsewhere
It’s at your dealer, Jason Mahar! It arrived yesterday. Congrats!

Originally Posted by Waiting
I ordered mine on October 24,2014 and just got a Vin # last week !!!
When will my car be built is a good question ??? My husband ordered it for my birthday present ( Dec) very late present.....
Keep checking with me for updates, Waiting.

Deysha
Old 1/20/15, 05:40 PM

Where's our Mustang?

Hard to believe but my wife and I placed our order for a 2015 Mustang back on May 20, 2014, the first day for placing orders, and received a built date of August 28th, the first day of production. Certainly a lot of our anticipation was boosted by knowing we would be getting a very early production number. Here we are well into January 2015 and we still have no car. We've heard many interesting theories while waiting excitedly, from it got fenced in because it was one of the first in the yard, to the first hundred have been kept on display at Flat Rock. Now we've been told by the dealer they are not releasing an early production batch, including ours, and are rather crushing them. t-fatty's post of Sept 16 '14 may not have been as far off base as some thought.

Throughout all this time we believe the dealer and salesman have done their best and have been put in a very difficult position, through no fault of their own, by Ford.

Now we don't think we have unrealistic expectations, but the stalling and poor communications over so many months by Ford regarding the delay, 8 months since ordering and almost 5 months since it was apparently built, sure leaves little confidence in us ordering any future vehicles from Ford. Family and many friends wonder at our patience. But... We are now having serious doubts of replacing our Lincoln MKX with another at lease end this coming March and are even losing enthusiasm for the all elusive Mustang.

Fords answer so far has been to place a new order almost 8 months to the day of the original but that is small consolation for such bungling. My wife and I have tried to keep it all in perspective and keep our spirits up but this, by any measure, cannot be considered a positive buying experience.

Enthusiasm crushed,
Old 1/21/15, 10:15 AM
V6 Member

I believe you are blaming Ford for the dealers incompetence. I assume you have a copy of the original dealer purchase order and order #. Check with Ford customer svc. They will give you real-time info as to what the problem is.
I went thru hell buying my '13 GT500 until I found a decent dealer.From that point I experienced zero problems.
Good Luck.
Old 1/22/15, 02:01 AM

Status for mine just got moved to "in production" shouldn't be too long now just a couple weeks!
Old 1/22/15, 06:20 AM

Originally Posted by Yeti
Where's our Mustang?

Hard to believe but my wife and I placed our order for a 2015 Mustang back on May 20, 2014, the first day for placing orders, and received a built date of August 28th, the first day of production. ...
I understand where you’re coming from, Yeti. As I’ve mentioned before, there was no sign of your original order anywhere in your dealer’s order bank. Your new order already has a VIN and more info will come in the next week or so. You are welcome to continue to check with me.

Originally Posted by rider
I believe you are blaming Ford for the dealers incompetence. I assume you have a copy of the original dealer purchase order and order #. Check with Ford customer svc. They will give you real-time info as to what the problem is.
I went thru hell buying my '13 GT500 until I found a decent dealer.From that point I experienced zero problems.
Good Luck.
Thanks for the mention, rider!

Originally Posted by FirstPonyCar
Status for mine just got moved to "in production" shouldn't be too long now just a couple weeks!
That’s great, FirstPonyCar! You’re also welcome to keep checking with me for updates.

Deysha
Old 1/22/15, 04:13 PM

Just wondering how close the cotusb estimated delivery date has been for people, Waiting for a magnetic, eco-boost convertible with a estimated delivery date of February 26th. thanks
Old 1/25/15, 08:58 AM

Mustang Forever Gone

Originally Posted by rider
Good Luck.
Just had Ford Service Canada contact me on Jan 22, 2015 confirming my Mustang ordered May 20, 2014 (serial xxxx00088) and a questionable number of others were, in their word, "destroyed" at the factory level.
Old 1/26/15, 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by mdavelaar
Just wondering how close the cotusb estimated delivery date has been for people, Waiting for a magnetic, eco-boost convertible with a estimated delivery date of February 26th. thanks
Welcome and congrats on your order, mdavelaar! It changes pretty often. Also, I sent you a PM.

Originally Posted by Yeti
Just had Ford Service Canada contact me on Jan 22, 2015 confirming my Mustang ordered May 20, 2014 (serial xxxx00088) and a questionable number of others were, in their word, "destroyed" at the factory level.
Your new one is already being processed and we should get more info soon, Yeti.

Deysha
Old 1/27/15, 02:23 AM

Took delivery today - The car is amazing. More to follow... -CorwinSF
Old 1/27/15, 01:43 PM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Woke up to an estimated delivery of 2/23. Weather here in the Houston area has been good enough lately, I see people driving with the top down. I'm more anxious about what the weather will be like when I take delivery than when it will actually be. It will be my second Mustang, but my first convertible.

Quick Reply: 2015 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread