2015 - 2023 MUSTANG Discuss everything 2015-2023 S550 Mustang

2015 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread

Search this Thread

Old 2/5/15, 10:27 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by hschade
Hello all,

I knew when I ordered my first ever mustang, a car that I have wanted since I could drive, on the 26th of Dec the wait would be agonizing. But I have done good so far.

But last week it finally shipped!!!! I'm now going CRAZY!!!!! I'm so excited that my son has finally asked me to stop talking to him about it. :-(

How long does it take a ?train? to get from Detroit MI to Boise ID? It can't take 2 weeks, please tell me it is NOT 2 weeks. :-) 8 more days might just kill me.

Ordered: 12/26/2014
Production: 1/23/2015
Await shipping: 1/29/2015
In Transit: 1/29/2015
Estimated Delivery: 2/14/2015 (originally was 2/20/2015)
Welcome and congrats on your order, hschade! PM me with your VIN and I will track it for you.

Deysha
Old 2/5/15, 10:38 AM
GT Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Hello all,

I knew when I ordered my first ever mustang, a car that I have wanted since I could drive, on the 26th of Dec the wait would be agonizing. But I have done good so far.

But last week it finally shipped!!!! I'm now going CRAZY!!!!! I'm so excited that my son has finally asked me to stop talking to him about it. :-(

How long does it take a ?train? to get from Detroit MI to Boise ID? It can't take 2 weeks, please tell me it is NOT 2 weeks. :-) 8 more days might just kill me.

Ordered: 12/26/2014
Production: 1/23/2015
Await shipping: 1/29/2015
In Transit: 1/29/2015
Estimated Delivery: 2/14/2015 (originally was 2/20/2015)
Very excited for you, and for myself in hearing that yours shipped so quickly. Gives me hope that mine (ordered 1/30) will be in my garage by the end of March, just in time for the weather to get better!

And we ordered the same color. You've got good taste.
Old 2/5/15, 10:52 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Skrapmetal
Very excited for you, and for myself in hearing that yours shipped so quickly. Gives me hope that mine (ordered 1/30) will be in my garage by the end of March, just in time for the weather to get better!

And we ordered the same color. You've got good taste.
Thank you. I've always liked the Dark Grey / Charcoal Grey color on vehicles. Black was my other color choice, but the dirt, oh man the dirt.
And the Dark Saddle just looks so good next to the black inside.

The weekend after I ordered it, I spent cleaning the garage to make room for my new pony.

Work production has started to suffer the past week, as I scour the web for ANY info on delivery times.
Was it the right choice, to special order a new car????

Of COURSE it was!!! What a silly thought that was.
Old 2/5/15, 12:16 PM
GT Member

Thank you Deysha for the info.

But it does not add much hope to my desire that my car show up before valentines day.

But I still think it could happen. *fingers crossed*
Old 2/5/15, 12:39 PM

Thank you Deysha for the info.

But it does not add much hope to my desire that my car show up before valentines day.

But I still think it could happen. *fingers crossed*
That is in fact quite the distance for the time frame, hschade. But, I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Deysha
Old 2/5/15, 09:20 PM

The wait is killing me ... ordered went through on : 1/28/2015 ... I know this is gonna be a looong wait. Waited for years for my Mustang, might as well wait a few weeks more.

Question : Almost immediately I could see VIN number online next to the order date. However, I do not see the estimated delivery/build date, also no Window Sticker link has appeared yet. I thought the VIN, Window Sticker Link and delivery date show up together. Any ideas guys ?
Old 2/5/15, 09:33 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by LaWFuLEviL
The wait is killing me ... ordered went through on : 1/28/2015 ... I know this is gonna be a looong wait. Waited for years for my Mustang, might as well wait a few weeks more.

Question : Almost immediately I could see VIN number online next to the order date. However, I do not see the estimated delivery/build date, also no Window Sticker link has appeared yet. I thought the VIN, Window Sticker Link and delivery date show up together. Any ideas guys ?

Not for me either. But I remember reading somewhere that same info.
When I found the tracking web site, about three days after ordering, the VIN was present, but no dates or sticker.
About 2 weeks after ordering an Estimated Delivery Date showed up for me.
Then about a week to 1.5 weeks later (about a day before going to production) my window sticker link showed up, but it did not work until the next day.
From there watching it move through the system was fun.

But once it got to the shipping stage.... the patience I'd had until then was gone.

And congrats on your purchase. Good luck w/ the waiting.
Old 2/6/15, 10:11 AM

Welcome and congrats on your order, LaWFuLEviL! PM me with your dealer’s name and order number and I’ll fill you in with what I have.

Deysha
Old 2/6/15, 04:03 PM

Not for me either. But I remember reading somewhere that same info.
When I found the tracking web site, about three days after ordering, the VIN was present, but no dates or sticker.
About 2 weeks after ordering an Estimated Delivery Date showed up for me.
Then about a week to 1.5 weeks later (about a day before going to production) my window sticker link showed up, but it did not work until the next day.
From there watching it move through the system was fun.

But once it got to the shipping stage.... the patience I'd had until then was gone.

And congrats on your purchase. Good luck w/ the waiting.
CONGRATULATIONS to you as well hschade !!! Thanks for the timeline detail, gives me hope that next week I should see an "Estimated Delivery Date".
Old 2/6/15, 04:07 PM
V6 Member

My Car is Now in Awaiting Shipment !!!! Hurry up 2-24-2015, Can't Wait !!!
Old 2/6/15, 06:35 PM
GT Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My order went through on the same day. It will be interesting to see the dates each our orders make it through the process. This will be my third Mustang (fourth if you include my first car, 1967 Cougar). But this is my first time I ordered a car. I have always bought off the lot. After the test drive I will be impatiently waiting.
Old 2/7/15, 08:54 AM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
When I went to bed the car was in production. When I woke up it said delivered. If only. I'm 16 days out. I sent a text to my sales guy instructing him not to mount the license plate holder. I'm going to stop by and see him in person and stress that I won't take delivery if they drill holes in my car.
Attached Thumbnails 2015 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread-mustang-not-really-delivered.jpg  
Old 2/7/15, 09:03 AM
GT Member

It looks normal on www.cotus.ford.com. I was on wwwqa.cotus.ford.com where it shows delivered. I was originally using that site since it was apparently the only one to show convertibles without a VIN. I kept using it because I like the font much better. And here I woke up thinking I had slept for over 2 straight weeks.
Old 2/7/15, 05:14 PM
V6 Member

Maybe I'll get lucky and it will show up sooner !
Attached Thumbnails 2015 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread-image.jpg  
Old 2/7/15, 08:14 PM
GT Member

Really wish I had my order number so I could check out that cotus site... emailed my salesman two or three days ago asking for it and haven't got a response yet. ><
Old 2/7/15, 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by Skrapmetal
Really wish I had my order number so I could check out that cotus site... emailed my salesman two or three days ago asking for it and haven't got a response yet. ><
They should give you a sheet with details of the order. Your name, the packages, order number, dealer code and who in the dealership actually placed the order.
Old 2/7/15, 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by LinckG
When I went to bed the car was in production. When I woke up it said delivered. If only. I'm 16 days out. I sent a text to my sales guy instructing him not to mount the license plate holder. I'm going to stop by and see him in person and stress that I won't take delivery if they drill holes in my car.
Doesn't this depend from State to State ? As in, if my state requires compulsory front plates as well, then I have no choice ........ right ?
Old 2/7/15, 10:55 PM
GT Member

Doesn't this depend from State to State ? As in, if my state requires compulsory front plates as well, then I have no choice ........ right ?
There are aftermarket front plate holders that look better, don't put holes in your bumper, and satisfy the front plate requirement.
Old 2/8/15, 06:46 AM
GT Member

They should give you a sheet with details of the order. Your name, the packages, order number, dealer code and who in the dealership actually placed the order.
Didn't really do it the way I expected, they ordered the options I wanted but at this point I haven't signed anything so I have no commitment to buy it if things change.

To be completely honest, I'm not 100% sure it has even been ordered yet, although they did email me a week ago saying they have it ordered. No order number was given to me, though. This is the third car I've bought from this salesman, so I haven't been given any reason not to trust him yet.
Old 2/8/15, 10:37 AM
GT Member

Right, but the dealer is the one who actually installs the front plate, once the car shows up.
So you can tell them not to install their front plate holder and either supply one of your own, or tell them you will install it later.

I already bought my aftermarket holder (
Amazon.com: 2015 Ford Mustang GT V6 & Turbo STO-N-SHO Removable Take Off Front License Plate Frame & Bracket: Automotive Amazon.com: 2015 Ford Mustang GT V6 & Turbo STO-N-SHO Removable Take Off Front License Plate Frame & Bracket: Automotive
) and told my dealer I will bring it in for them to install instead, as I don't want holes in my front bumper.

At first my sales man told me the car comes with the holder installed from the factory, but after reading on these forums I told him that it should not and he talked w/ his manager and found out they (the dealer) install them NOT the factory.

Quick Reply: 2015 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread