2015 - 2023 MUSTANG Discuss everything 2015-2023 S550 Mustang

2015 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread

Search this Thread

Old 2/17/15, 12:47 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
But when you've been waiting 4 months, patients kinda goes out the window when its getting so close. Hope this car last as long as my first Mustang 1993 Lx Coupe with 260 thousand miles on original motor.

Last edited by Waiting; 2/17/15 at 01:16 PM.
Old 2/17/15, 01:07 PM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by LinckG
I assumed it would change from the beginning. While I'm keeping track of the order and want to know when it will be here, I'm not in a hurry. I'll have this car for many years. A few weeks is nothing. ...
I love your way of thinking, LinckG!

Originally Posted by Waiting
But when you've been waiting 4 months, patients kinda goes out the window when its getting so close. Hope this car last as long as my first Mustang 1993 Lx Coupe with 260 thousand mile on original motor.
I understand, Waiting. I promise you’ll forget about this wait when it arrives.

Deysha
Old 2/17/15, 01:37 PM
GT Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I assumed it would change from the beginning. While I'm keeping track of the order and want to know when it will be here, I'm not in a hurry. I'll have this car for many years. A few weeks is nothing.

For those that feel impatient, just relax. You'll get it when it's time. This is the price for getting exactly what we want. Otherwise, we'd be taking delivery from dealer inventory. I was in the dealership yesterday and looked at several Mustang that were there while I waited on my rep. None of them made me feel impatient. Those aren't mine.
I am with you. I really want it sooner than latter but I have no control over it. So when it is here I will pick it up. Before I ordered I looked at all of the local Ford Dealers and none had what I wanted. So I decided to order because this time close was not what I wanted. When I say impatiently waiting, I am just having some fun with what I write.

As it is today was a day that was glad it was still on order. We had a ice store here north of Atlanta. Between the ice and the gravel they spread chipping the car paint, I would not want to drive a new Mustang today.
Old 2/17/15, 05:48 PM

I assumed it would change from the beginning. While I'm keeping track of the order and want to know when it will be here, I'm not in a hurry. I'll have this car for many years. A few weeks is nothing.

For those that feel impatient, just relax. You'll get it when it's time. This is the price for getting exactly what we want. Otherwise, we'd be taking delivery from dealer inventory. I was in the dealership yesterday and looked at several Mustang that were there while I waited on my rep. None of them made me feel impatient. Those aren't mine.
That is one of best things I've ever heard! You have the perfect attitude, and I hope I remember that quote when I'm getting too anxious, too.
Old 2/17/15, 10:33 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by FordService
I understand, Waiting. I promise you’ll forget about this wait when it arrives.

Deysha

Spent all day driving my new mustang, 100+ miles, showing her off and doing the running around I had to do (DMV, etc.).
And Deysha is correct. I did forget all about the agony of the long wait for most all of the day.

Phone died from taking ssooo many pics and sending texts, so posting pics will have to wait until morning.

I LOVE MY NEW MUSTANG!!!! And EVERYONE has commented on how good she looks.

Last edited by hschade; 2/17/15 at 10:34 PM.
Old 2/18/15, 04:38 AM
V6 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by hschade
Spent all day driving my new mustang, 100+ miles, showing her off and doing the running around I had to do (DMV, etc.).
And Deysha is correct. I did forget all about the agony of the long wait for most all of the day.

Phone died from taking ssooo many pics and sending texts, so posting pics will have to wait until morning.

Awesome! Can't wait to get my Magnetic!

Don
Old 2/18/15, 06:43 AM

I am so happy to learn you’re enjoying your new ride, hschade!

Originally Posted by Spiker52
Awesome! Can't wait to get my Magnetic!
Thanks for the PM, Spiker52! I’ll get back to you as soon as possible.

Deysha
Old 2/18/15, 08:42 AM

Just registered so I could post. I ordered one. GT Premium Convertible MT Ruby Red with Red Line interior. Dealer said it would take 6-8 Weeks. How soon should I get the order number? Trying very hard to be patient.
Old 2/18/15, 08:50 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 1,155 Likes on 843 Posts
I can't imagine the excitement of waiting on a special order. I was excited enough when my wife found mine at a dealer in Atlanta. We had planned to buy mine sometime in 2013. In July 2012, she was asking me what options/colors I liked, just pretending to be interested. She later sent me a ling to the dealership with what is now my car and asked if I liked it. I said yes I did. An hour later she calls and asked if I wanted to go pick it up that Saturday. Awesome wife! As a plus, I had the first '13 5.0 convertible in town.
Old 2/18/15, 09:16 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by jmcwilli76
Just registered so I could post. I ordered one. GT Premium Convertible MT Ruby Red with Red Line interior. Dealer said it would take 6-8 Weeks. How soon should I get the order number? Trying very hard to be patient.
I had my order number before leaving the dealer when I ordered mine. There was some confusion with the DORA but Deysha was able to confirm information with me. You should be able to get the information from you salesperson (order number and dealer number needed to start tracking) or Deysha can probably help though I do not know of what she needs if you do not have the number.
Old 2/18/15, 09:20 AM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It depends in the dealership. My rep didn't even know there was such thing as an order number. They also didn't place the order right away. Deysha had to find the order number for me. I found out the dealer code online and was able to track it.
Old 2/18/15, 11:03 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The Ford Dealership in Temecula, CA has a nice looking triple Yellow 5.0 Convertible. I saw it while get the Boss's Oil Change.

Dave
Old 2/18/15, 02:08 PM

.. un/patiently joining the waiting list..
Attached Thumbnails 2015 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread-ford-custom-order-tracking-_-ordertracking.ford_page_1.jpg  
Old 2/18/15, 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by jmcwilli76
Originally Posted by KStev
I had my order number before leaving the dealer when I ordered mine. There was some confusion with the DORA but Deysha was able to confirm information with me. You should be able to get the information from you salesperson (order number and dealer number needed to start tracking) or Deysha can probably help though I do not know of what she needs if you do not have the number.
Congrats and welcome, jmcwilli76! As KStev mentioned, it should be in your paperwork. If not, PM me with your dealer’s name, when you placed the order, and what options (color, gt/v6, etc.) so I can check their order bank.

It depends in the dealership. My rep didn't even know there was such thing as an order number. They also didn't place the order right away. Deysha had to find the order number for me. I found out the dealer code online and was able to track it.
Thanks for the support, LinckG!

Originally Posted by h0rN3t
.. un/patiently joining the waiting list..
Niiiice, h0rN3t! Welcome and congrats to you as well. Be sure to PM me with your dealer’s name and order number so I can track it.

Deysha
Old 2/19/15, 08:51 AM

Thank you Deysha
Old 2/19/15, 09:23 AM

Ordered a 2015 GT vert last week (wife's Valentine's present). The VIN showed up this morning in COTUS, but no production week.
When can I expect the production week to show up?
Old 2/19/15, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by h0rN3t
Thank you Deysha
You’re very welcome, h0rN3t!

Originally Posted by 12 GT
Ordered a 2015 GT vert last week (wife's Valentine's present). The VIN showed up this morning in COTUS, but no production week.
When can I expect the production week to show up?
Congrats and thank you for your PM, 12 GT! I’ll get back to you as soon as possible.

Deysha
Old 2/19/15, 11:56 AM

Thanks Deysha!
Old 2/19/15, 01:42 PM
V6 Member

Question

This is weird but my Dealership has ordered more cars after mine and was built after mine and some of those cars are already in transit, but mine is still waiting on shipment ? Will this car ever get here !!!

Last edited by Waiting; 2/19/15 at 01:51 PM.
Old 2/19/15, 05:27 PM

Congratulations dude !!! Send out some pics !!!

Quick Reply: 2015 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread