Notices
'10-14 Interior and Audio Place to discuss 2010-2014 interior and audio type modifications.

kenwood double din dash kit

Search this Thread

Old 10/10/13, 03:27 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jdub2k5
he left a message with the maker of the kit. he is waiting to hear back I hope its soon :-)
Hi,

Do you mean the installer has called into tech support? We have people on phones now. Left a message?? We are the maker of the kit..

Thanks,
Old 10/10/13, 05:37 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
the guy that designed the kit is what he told me
Old 10/10/13, 06:36 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by jdub2k5
the guy that designed the kit is what he told me
I work for ADS, and we make the Mustang kit. Did you get squared away? If not, please PM me with your installer info so we can follow up.

Thanks,

Cheers,
Old 10/10/13, 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by 12v Guy
They are responsive. Changing the radio firmware is a lot more complicated than what we do. We have application specific firmware and do all we can to improve/fix bugs immediately when they are reported. I don't think we'd have any more influence with them, but if someone wants to post a compete list, we will pass it along for sure.

Cheers,
Thanks for the resonse. I have learned alot from your responses and just received my kit today and just got done programming the module. I will need the wallet card for a little while until i remember all the settings i programmed to the buttons. I hope the feature of the buttons working before the radio is fully booted works as that will solve the "slider" problem for the "hot/cool" settings.
Thanks again for your help and I look forward to getting this installed this weekend. The dash adapter is definitely high quality and matches the interior perfect.
Old 10/11/13, 08:21 AM
Bullitt Member

Grrrr!!! I h ave to wait until the 17th to get my kit! This is KILLING me!
Old 10/11/13, 09:01 PM
Bullitt Member

I work for ADS, and we make the Mustang kit. Did you get squared away? If not, please PM me with your installer info so we can follow up.

Thanks,

Cheers,
will do he cannot get the sync button to work. it just takes me to nav I will make sure he fixes everything tomorrow.
Old 10/12/13, 02:17 PM

Finally got mine hooked up and working minus buttoning up the interior panels and finishing the hook up of my rear camera. Mine is a 2012 and the Sync wire was not blue but the 2010-2011 color instead, I must have a older wire harness in my car but it was easy to find which one it was. Everything went pretty smooth, took my time double checking my wiring and soldered all necessary connections. Took a few tries to get my phone to correctly pair with Sync but so far all is good. The kit is very good quality and fits very well. I'll try to get some pictures up and keep updating if i have any issues. If anyone has the Kenwood DNN990 or 770HD there is a new version 1.3 of their software avail for download. you have to go to the Kenwood forums on their site to find it as they have not put it on the official upgrade site yet. I had no problems downloading and installing it. Time to get caught up on some FOOTBALL!
Old 10/16/13, 06:43 PM
V6 Member

Not exactly correct. All of the radio makers have included a new connector and sat radio protocol called SXi and the vast majority of them can be directly connected to the SiriusXM SXV200V1 tuner.

They will not transfer you intro subscription to a new tuner, but if you are persuasive, sometimes they will give you a nice discount on prepaid 1,2 or 3 years of service since you are losing you intro subscription. Most often though the call either goes bad or worse than bad.

In the past the tuners were all brand specific, but that seems to be mostly sorted out now.

Cheers,
Thanks for the all the helpful info 12V!

So, if we set aside the subscription issue - if I want to maintain both Sync and Sirius XM Satellite in my 2014 GT Premium - then can you confirm all the items I would need to buy?

I am hoping to use the existing satellite antenna puck on the top trunk lid.

For GPS in the Kenwood - for NAV - I understand that would be a new antenna (hopefully under the dash - with no metal above).
Old 10/17/13, 07:44 AM
Bullitt Member

Look what I picked up yesterday:

Have to wait until Saturday to put it in though....but at least it's in my hands!
Old 10/17/13, 09:07 AM
V6 Member

Congrats!

Look forward to install pics/details!

Blaze a path ColSaulTigh!

Getting ready to pull the trigger at Crutchfield...
Old 10/17/13, 11:26 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by ColSaulTigh
Look what I picked up yesterday:

Have to wait until Saturday to put it in though....but at least it's in my hands!
You bought two kits ? I know your install will be nice. I am waiting till I pay a few things before I go for it. I need to buy my PS4 first lol.....
Old 10/17/13, 12:52 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Ninjak
You bought two kits ? I know your install will be nice. I am waiting till I pay a few things before I go for it. I need to buy my PS4 first lol.....
One kit is for my buddy's '13 GT convertible.
Old 10/17/13, 06:32 PM
Bullitt Member

congrats. I got mine working and now I love it even more.

I had mine reprogrammed and everythings perfect.
Old 10/17/13, 07:08 PM

A couple of pictures finally-problems with my laptop.
Old 10/17/13, 07:13 PM

Lets try this again.
Attached Thumbnails kenwood double din dash kit-20131017_191921.jpg   kenwood double din dash kit-20131017_191907.jpg   kenwood double din dash kit-20131017_191849.jpg   kenwood double din dash kit-20131010_181555.jpg   kenwood double din dash kit-20131017_191709.jpg  

Old 10/18/13, 10:40 AM
Bullitt Member

Very nice. Like the fact you can use fan speed. That is probably what I will use. Temp ? Lol AC COLD! Lol that is all you need in the MIA.

Man I am hoping crutchfield has one of those free backup cams or something when I decide to get mines.....Soon...real soon
Old 10/18/13, 03:51 PM

I got the H/U and camera off Amazon-the cheapest I could find. Weird thing happened this morning-started car and backed out of garage and before i got to the end of the driveway the radio came on-usually takes another 15 or so seconds with this H/U, the camera stayed on when I put in drive and I had to cycle to park and back to drive before the camera view would cycle off. Other than that I have not had any issues with this H/U.
Old 10/19/13, 03:40 PM

My buddy just installed this kit along with the Kenwood DNX890HD.
Two issues:
1) Pandora app won't play music. Phone and radio show it's actually playing, but no sound comes through. Phone is Samsung Galaxy S4. If we go to Sync BY Media, it plays fine, but then you can't control Pandora through the head unit like you would if you went through the Pandora app itself.
2) Gauges display doesn't work. The only thing I can think it might be is that his car has a tune in it, which is accessed through the OBD2 port obviously. Can anyone confirm that is the reason why the gauge display doesn't work? We triple checked the wiring and everything is right. Tire pressure, voltage, and door ajar warnings work like they should, just not the gauges.
Old 10/19/13, 06:40 PM

I have a tune on my car as well but no issues with the gauges. I had to fiddle with the Pandora & Iheart apps to get them to work right but may have just been me not having the settings right when I first set everything up.
Make sure you go into the "my mustang" menu and all the car info is loaded, that might help. Good luck and 12V guy might have the answer.
Old 10/19/13, 10:09 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Kenshyn
My buddy just installed this kit along with the Kenwood DNX890HD.
Two issues:
1) Pandora app won't play music. Phone and radio show it's actually playing, but no sound comes through. Phone is Samsung Galaxy S4. If we go to Sync BY Media, it plays fine, but then you can't control Pandora through the head unit like you would if you went through the Pandora app itself.
2) Gauges display doesn't work. The only thing I can think it might be is that his car has a tune in it, which is accessed through the OBD2 port obviously. Can anyone confirm that is the reason why the gauge display doesn't work? We triple checked the wiring and everything is right. Tire pressure, voltage, and door ajar warnings work like they should, just not the gauges.
Your buddy doesn't have his wires connected to the correct wires (or cut them instead of soldering in-line) on the OBD-II port. These work just fine with my car as well as my buddy's that I just did today.

Have him double-and-triple check he's connected the right wires from the Maestro to the OBD-II wire.

Quick Reply: kenwood double din dash kit