Notices
'10-14 Interior and Audio Place to discuss 2010-2014 interior and audio type modifications.

kenwood double din dash kit

Search this Thread

Old 9/26/13, 06:12 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jdub2k5
I gotta say very happy I waited because the metra and scoshe look terrible compared to this unit. I really think it looks oem.

I am trying to figure out if I can get sync to work

it was a terrible wait but worth it
Did you buy a Maestro RR kit? You need that to get Sync working.

Let me know if you need help - the "Blue" wire is hard to identify...

Oh, and p.s. - I hate you Waiting on my guy to call me back with a price and delivery date.........
Old 9/26/13, 06:49 AM
Mach 1 Member

looks nice, but I'll keep my scosche. I am very happy with it.

good to have choices.
Old 9/26/13, 07:16 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I gotta say very happy I waited because the metra and scoshe look terrible compared to this unit. I really think it looks oem.

I am trying to figure out if I can get sync to work

it was a terrible wait but worth it

Hi,

Here we go again! It's like the F-150 launch all over again with new people. It's not your fault, we are long overdue on an owner's guide to help explain some stuff, but since we don't have now, here is a quick primer. Biggest change is we tell the car that Factory Navi is installed which changes the behavior of Sync.

In a nutshell:

The voice and phone buttons work differently now because we emulate the factory navigation.

Voice Button:
Short Press: Will switch the radio source to the last used SYNC source (Media Player or BT Streaming) and then bring up the Sync Media Voice Prompt. This prompt will be: “USB (or LINE IN or BT Audio) PLEASE SAY A COMMAND”
It is important to note that an actual source switch happens when you use this feature. The source you hear will depend what source you were using last. You can say USB or BT AUDIO if you want to change to a different source.

Long Press: Source will not switch and the Sync Phone Voice Prompt will be heard. This prompt will be “PHONE PLEASE SAY A COMMAND” You can then cancel and return to audio, or dial by voice. After the call you will be returned to you previous audio source.

If you want to make a phone call, just PRESS AND HOLD the voice button.

Telephone Button:

Short Press:
If there is no incoming call, or active call will bring up the phone GUI screen
If there is an incoming call, it will answer it (even for call waiting) and will swap between two calls if you are on call waiting
If there is an active call, short press will do nothing.
Long Press:
Hang up the active call or reject an incoming call

Hopefully this will get you started. Let me know what other questions you have.

Cheers,
Old 9/26/13, 09:05 AM
Bullitt Member

UGH!...10 to 14 day wait for shipping from iDataLink to Distributor, then Distributor to Dealer...
Old 9/26/13, 09:08 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by ColSaulTigh
UGH!...10 to 14 day wait for shipping from iDataLink to Distributor, then Distributor to Dealer...
There are lots of dealers that can order direct from us in Florida. We can ship them to them next day air if they pay for that service. You can locate dealers here (unless you have a specific dealer you want to work with, but then have him become a direct dealer if he wants to) - http://maestro.idatalink.com/find-product

Cheers,
Old 9/26/13, 09:23 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 12v Guy
There are lots of dealers that can order direct from us in Florida. We can ship them to them next day air if they pay for that service. You can locate dealers here (unless you have a specific dealer you want to work with, but then have him become a direct dealer if he wants to) - http://maestro.idatalink.com/find-product

Cheers,
I found him through your website (J & J Electronics Depot, Altamonte Springs). He said they aren't in "his distributor's warehouse yet" and it would be next week before they ship to him. I don't know how much "cushion" he built into this timeframe. Normally I'd go straight to eBay, but I'm trying to support my local guys here....
Old 9/26/13, 09:41 AM
Bullitt Member

Hey 12v Guy, quick question: If this kit and a Maestro RR is purchased, that's everything you need, correct? No other wiring harness is necessary, right?
Old 9/26/13, 09:53 AM
Bullitt Member

When I press the voice button it pulls up the nav screen
Old 9/26/13, 09:59 AM
Bullitt Member

How did you program your RR? Key assignments can be done there through the Web Wizard
Old 9/26/13, 10:03 AM
GT Member

Did you get the printed quick reference card from your dealer? It shows how everything is assigned.

If so, please post a pic of it.

Cheers,
Old 9/26/13, 10:04 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by ColSaulTigh
Hey 12v Guy, quick question: If this kit and a Maestro RR is purchased, that's everything you need, correct? No other wiring harness is necessary, right?
Correct, you need:

MRR (ADS-MRR)
MUS01 (ADS-KIT-MUS01)
Kenwood compatible radio

That's it.
Old 9/26/13, 10:07 AM
Bullitt Member

They did all that for me
Old 9/26/13, 10:18 AM
GT Member

They did all that for me
Can you test all your buttons please. I think this is how they were programmed.

Factory Button Press Press and Hold
Volume Up Volume+ None
Volume Down Volume- MuteOn/Off
Seek Up Track+ None
Seek Down Track- None
Media Next Source Previous Source
Voice Sync Media Voice Prompt Sync Phone Voice Prompt
OK Display Navigation Screen Band (FM,SAT)/Folder +
Phone Sync Phone Menu/Answer Call Sync Hang Up/Reject Call
Old 9/26/13, 07:28 PM
Bullitt Member

Cheers,
Is that list on your website ? Dam that kit looks good. REAL GOOD. Ok, I admit I talked about it like a scaulded dog because of the wait, but wow...it looks like it was WELL worth it.

Dam I hope Crutchfield get these soon....
Old 9/26/13, 07:38 PM
Bullitt Member

Question for !2v:

For those of us who have boost, does that show ?

Dam that display will make my GT500 look like how the GTR's are with the display's
Old 9/26/13, 08:06 PM
V6 Member

Correct, you need:

MRR (ADS-MRR)
MUS01 (ADS-KIT-MUS01)
Kenwood compatible radio

That's it.
Hi 12V Guy,

I have a 2014 GT Premium with Shaker 500 with Satellite/Sirius XM.

In my case, I am still on the SiriusXM 6 month free subscription.

If I purchase all the above (for example a Kenwood DNN990HD), would Sirius now be through the Kenwood (and require a subscription on that radio), or is there a seperate satellite module in the car that would plug into the Kenwood? If thru the Kenwood, does the stock satellite antenna plug into the Kenwood?

Definitely a newbie in this area (let's just say the last time I swapped the stock radio for a aftermarket was a long, long time ago - when Sputnik was the only satellite!).

Also - for the buttons - if you do not have heated seats, it sounds like there are other buttons you can apply for common functions - is this correct?

Thanks!
Old 9/26/13, 08:14 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 2014DIB
Hi 12V Guy,

I have a 2014 GT Premium with Shaker 500 with Satellite/Sirius XM.

In my case, I am still on the SiriusXM 6 month free subscription.

If I purchase all the above (for example a Kenwood DNN990HD), would Sirius now be through the Kenwood (and require a subscription on that radio), or is there a seperate satellite module in the car that would plug into the Kenwood? If thru the Kenwood, does the stock satellite antenna plug into the Kenwood?

Definitely a newbie in this area (let's just say the last time I swapped the stock radio for a aftermarket was a long, long time ago - when Sputnik was the only satellite!).

Also - for the buttons - if you do not have heated seats, it sounds like there are other buttons you can apply for common functions - is this correct?

Thanks!
When you delete the factory radio, the Sirius module goes with it. You'd need to add a Sirius module (separate purchase) to the Kenwood unit. Also, you lose whatever is left of your free preview (although SOME have had success in getting Sirius to give them some free months - lrn2negotiate).

Hope this helps.
Old 9/26/13, 08:22 PM
Bullitt Member

For Sirius to work with this particular setup you will need a Kenwood specific tuner and the universal Sirius SC-C10 tuner. It will all be plug and play, but you will NOT be able to transfer the complimentary 6 month account from the OEM tuner to the Kenwood tuner.

Sirius may or may not offer a special deal to make up for it, but don't bet on it. You can try reusing the OEM antenna (pop off the square plastic shroud around the round plug) but it's very lose.

I would strongly recommend using the antenna that will come with your aftermarket tuner. Mine is mounted magnetically to some metal behind the steering wheel column and the reception is very good-great 95% of the time. The signal does drop occasionally, but never for more than a few seconds.

If you choose to install a different aftermarket radio than the ones listed by Maestro, you will need to use the satellite tuner specific to that radio's brand along with the aforementioned universal tuner. Also, you will need to use the Metra or Scosche kit. Personally, I love my touchscreen Metra 5826CH, but if this product was available when I got my car, I would have done the Kenwood/Maestro setup without a second thought.

Last edited by kingofsting; 9/26/13 at 08:24 PM.
Old 9/27/13, 07:07 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by kingofsting
For Sirius to work with this particular setup you will need a Kenwood specific tuner and the universal Sirius SC-C10 tuner. It will all be plug and play, but you will NOT be able to transfer the complimentary 6 month account from the OEM tuner to the Kenwood tuner.

Sirius may or may not offer a special deal to make up for it, but don't bet on it. You can try reusing the OEM antenna (pop off the square plastic shroud around the round plug) but it's very lose.

I would strongly recommend using the antenna that will come with your aftermarket tuner. Mine is mounted magnetically to some metal behind the steering wheel column and the reception is very good-great 95% of the time. The signal does drop occasionally, but never for more than a few seconds.

If you choose to install a different aftermarket radio than the ones listed by Maestro, you will need to use the satellite tuner specific to that radio's brand along with the aforementioned universal tuner. Also, you will need to use the Metra or Scosche kit. Personally, I love my touchscreen Metra 5826CH, but if this product was available when I got my car, I would have done the Kenwood/Maestro setup without a second thought.
Not exactly correct. All of the radio makers have included a new connector and sat radio protocol called SXi and the vast majority of them can be directly connected to the SiriusXM SXV200V1 tuner.

They will not transfer you intro subscription to a new tuner, but if you are persuasive, sometimes they will give you a nice discount on prepaid 1,2 or 3 years of service since you are losing you intro subscription. Most often though the call either goes bad or worse than bad.

In the past the tuners were all brand specific, but that seems to be mostly sorted out now.

Cheers,

Last edited by 12v Guy; 9/27/13 at 07:08 AM.
Old 9/27/13, 08:37 AM
Bullitt Member

Looks like there are no dealers in Michigan. Can this be purchased online yet or directly through ADS?

Quick Reply: kenwood double din dash kit