Notices
'10-14 Interior and Audio Place to discuss 2010-2014 interior and audio type modifications.

'13-14 Cluster into '10-12 car (with TrackApps) retrofit

Search this Thread

Old 1/23/14, 09:28 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No one has a cracked version of the software?
Old 1/23/14, 09:36 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know hines that's where I was at...I figured I'd get my use out of it but I don't think I can do the pats stuff since I have a 14' but I don't know for sure and would hate to waste the money lol
Old 1/24/14, 08:51 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts
My cruise button solution didn't work. Will be going back to the electronics tech to find a solution.

I will have definitive news about the ABS module by tomorrow.
Old 1/24/14, 08:58 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Overboost
I was told by another member, that there may be cracked versions afterall.
Old 1/24/14, 05:21 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Well, I had as built data put in, but the ABS and Traction warning lights still blinked indicating that the ABS had to be calibrated. Tried doing that, but calibration wouldn't take - not recognized or something or other.

Then tried PMI, but no good. Track Apps doesn't work now, and ABS and Traction warning lights are lit solid along with the Parking Brake light as well.

I'm putting back in the old module. This is as far as I can go. Without more knowledgable help, this is the end of the line.
Old 1/24/14, 06:06 PM
Legacy TMS Member

I put my old ABS module back in. It is now back to normal. I'll revisit this in the spring or something, but I think Track Apps is a dead end without help.
Old 1/24/14, 09:21 PM
GT Member

Jim what's PMI? I thought you said you had your track apps working? Did your as built data on the new cluster cause the apps to stop working? I'm confused now?
Old 1/24/14, 09:44 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Angry

It was working fine, but traction control was not working. ABS was working also.

The warning lamps for traction control and ABS were blinking on and off every 2 seconds.

As Built data was input into the module using IDS, but this did not make the blinking warning lights go away, and traction control still wasn't there.

Next it was calibrated, but an error message came up saying calibration could not be completed.

Then we went to PMI, which is for flashing the modules. A VIN for a 2013 was used, but the program would not allow it. My own car's VIN was next used, but this did not work, and Track Apps was wiped away. The 2 warning lights now stayed on solid. There is one more thing I can try, but it will wait until spring.

Seeing as how Ford is monitoring this thread, I would like for them to come in here and explain to me why they make it so difficult to do retrofit mods. When the car is owned by ME, why are they preventing me from retromodding my OWN car? My understanding is that things like retrofitting NAV or other things that I have done in the past will become a thing of the past.

I know your are reading this, Ford. There is money for you to be made from people like me who bought a base car but then wanted to add the bells and whistles later as money permits. Why so ****?
Old 1/24/14, 10:01 PM
GT Member

So why not put it back how it was when the track apps were working and just live with the blinking lights?

And what is the other thing you can try?
Old 1/24/14, 10:07 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Traction Control will still not work. And this is my all year car.

For now, I'll keep this one last thing under my hat, as I'm doubtful it will work anyway.
Old 1/24/14, 11:35 PM
GT Member

Can you do anything like changing the strategy of the ECM or that processor code? Mine is DHW1

Last edited by ajpturbo; 1/24/14 at 11:36 PM.
Old 1/25/14, 11:23 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Overboost

The software is free to download. But you can't activate it with out the license keycode
Old 1/25/14, 04:19 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I found some ice today to play on... and I'm pretty sure my ABS is still working although light is flashing. I have no problem that the Traction control being disabled. I'll probably just pull out the cluster and put some black tape over the warning lights. Driving without traction control is just like driving old school ... nice and easy to get sideways without the computer playing Big Brother. I do want Anti-Lock brakes though.

I got my SCT Tuner back from SCT ... it died and they replaced it with a new one. Unfortunately it cannot see the ABS codes so i have no idea what the DTC's are.
Old 1/31/14, 12:24 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Now that thats over.......... (HA! Zero > ********)

Let me clear some things

Ford's (Rotunda) VCM II Its expensive garbage. However, its the only hardware you can interface with the IDS software. Even to that point, IDS has been locked down so much its stupid. Mostly to prevent people (like me) from manipulating things they shouldn't. You can open the IDS software up some if you can get the "Code of the day". There are cracks/patches that exist for IDS, they are not that hard to find either.

There are alternatives to the IDS/VCM solution, but they are either stupid or impossible to get your hands on. For example,
1. You can get a J2534 interface (I recommend Drew Tech MongoosePro for Ford) and then licenses the Motorcraft Ford Module Programming software. However, the limitation here is that it only works on HSCAN modules (PCM, ABS, ETC) you can perform full PATS functions as well without any extra hoops. Its fairly cheap to lic the software as well.
2. Get your hands on Ford Proprietary software Like P****G or V**U (Yes I censored those....) and use it with a J2534 interface or a M*****C
3. Build your own

I'm a little surprised that the ABS module was not plug and play for the 12' guys (Jim and Dhmines). After reviewing notes, I think this may be an issue with initialization routines. This can be fixed, however, there is testing that needs to be done. Is anyone doing this mod on a non-daily driver?

Lets take some steps in the right direction
Jim010, Dhmines, ajpturbo what are you Hardware ID's, and TearTags for your PCM's? This may be a little difficult to see or get too but it is on a sticker on your PCM.

An idea is lets convert the 12 cars electronically to the 13. I'm going to speculate that Jim010 and ajpturbo have exact same PCM hardware (despite the year difference) How can this be done? Let me explain
1. All modules need to be updated with software from a 13 module.
2. VID in the PCM needs to be updated to match your current VIN, Gears, ETC.
3. Done. Sounds easy right?

There are other ways around the ABS (light) issue.
You can run a modified firmware in side the ABS module to work with 12' initialization. (However, I cannot provide, sale, talk about such a modification as it may cause ABS malfunction and your could run into a bridge and die.)
Traction control will be disabled as the PCM is expecting different geometry information than what the 14' ABS module is providing.

Anyway, I'm back to help with what questions I can. However, I cannot provide any modified Ford proprietary firmware.

Cheers,
-Matt
Old 1/31/14, 12:29 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by jim010
My cruise button solution didn't work. Will be going back to the electronics tech to find a solution.
What was the solution? Did the switch I send you not work?
Old 1/31/14, 12:46 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Welcome back ZERO!! My car is NOT a daily driver so we can experiment. I see if I can get the PCM sticker info ... I did get my SCT back ... it cannot read ABS codes.

I do know that my module came out of an AUTOMATIC transmission non-Brembo GT. My Tech updated the AS-BUILT in the module to match my original code .. which is same for a 2014 car with Brembo Brakes. My car is Manual Transmission. Track APPS works. Hill Start Assist Works. I guess I should have waited and found one that was exact same options as my car.

ABS light Blinks. Traction Control light ON. Traction Control Off light ON. Service Advancetrack message at Startup. As far as I can tell in my simple Ice slide test .. ABS is working.

Here is my ABS module INFO if it makes a difference.

Last edited by dmhines; 1/31/14 at 12:49 PM.
Old 1/31/14, 12:54 PM
GT Member

Here is my ECM
Attached Thumbnails '13-14 Cluster into '10-12 car (with TrackApps) retrofit-ecm.jpg  
Old 1/31/14, 01:20 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Good to have you back, Zero!

I bricked my 2013 abs module

Check e-mail from me.

Cheers

Last edited by jim010; 1/31/14 at 01:58 PM.
Old 1/31/14, 01:59 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by zeroaviation
What was the solution? Did the switch I send you not work?
I tried to change the resistors to more closely match the functions on the buttons. I thought I had it, but apparently not.
Old 1/31/14, 02:56 PM
Legacy TMS Member

I had the same issues as dmhines. Initially, the traction control off light was not lit until I manually shut it off. Then it stayed off despite trying to turn traction back on.

I had the tech input as built data but this did nothing. He then tried to calibrate, but error message came up and could not calibrate. We then tried inputing VIN of 2013 car, but this wouldn't work. Finally we just tried inputting the programming for my 2012 into the module, and this bricked it.

I put the old module back in, and everything is back to normal.

Quick Reply: '13-14 Cluster into '10-12 car (with TrackApps) retrofit