Notices
'10-14 Interior and Audio Place to discuss 2010-2014 interior and audio type modifications.

'13-14 Cluster into '10-12 car (with TrackApps) retrofit

Search this Thread

Old 8/6/14, 10:14 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by zeroaviation
Did you update your VCM software to 90???
I am still running 86.
LEXiiON
Old 8/7/14, 06:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by WARHEADBR
ATENTION BEFORE YOU DO THIS, as it can F*&%^ UP your Software
ok if you have the same version as i do 89 and the same VCMII the cloned one the option is not there, you got to update the VCMII and the software to 90.01
BUT VERY IMPORTANT IF YOU DO YOU ONLY GOING TO HAVE 3 days of free software yes its a pirate program at least mine is im looking for a 90.01 or up version if you guys have it share
You shouldn't need to update your software to 90.01 or higher. The version that comes with the VCM II clone should work perfectly fine with everything you need to do. Just uninstall the updated IDS software and reinstall using the CD you received with the clone and viola you're back to running the software. Also make sure you're using the CD and not the DVD to install the software. Someone posted on this thread or the other one related to this that the DVD was crap and the software doesn't work right.
Old 8/7/14, 07:32 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by ssjbuu
You shouldn't need to update your software to 90.01 or higher. The version that comes with the VCM II clone should work perfectly fine with everything you need to do. Just uninstall the updated IDS software and reinstall using the CD you received with the clone and viola you're back to running the software. Also make sure you're using the CD and not the DVD to install the software. Someone posted on this thread or the other one related to this that the DVD was crap and the software doesn't work right.
Never try to attempt PATS with the bb on... It will drive ya nuts...

I accidentally had it on and IDS was not letting me do PATS... Voltage to low...

LEXiiON
Old 8/7/14, 08:03 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by LEXiiON
Never try to attempt PATS with the bb on... It will drive ya nuts...

I accidentally had it on and IDS was not letting me do PATS... Voltage to low...

LEXiiON
Ok interesting find. When I ordered the cluster from Tousley, they needed a VIN. After talking to them I supplied my VIN.

I got the right cluster, but with a 2010 as-built...

That's a quick fix

So you can get the cluster you want, without picking a random VIN...

LEXiiON
Old 8/8/14, 10:20 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I was able to figure out that field 727-06-01 controls the startup logo ... I just changed mine to the Snake ... Make that field 053A to make it a Snake. 0D42 to make it a Mustang.

Old 8/8/14, 11:06 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts
VERY COOL!

Unfortunately, I am unable to change as built on my nav as the car was not originally equipped with it.
Old 8/9/14, 12:05 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
I have a somewhat related question to this thread - when my car was new, it always swept the gauges on startup. It doesn't do it anymore. I loved that feature. Is it because I have the gauge memory set to ON?
Old 8/9/14, 03:59 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by jim010
VERY COOL!

Unfortunately, I am unable to change as built on my nav as the car was not originally equipped with it.
Lex has a plan he's gonna try since he has saw issue. IDS thinks he still has a standard ACM. That's why fields are different.
Old 8/9/14, 08:19 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by dmhines
Lex has a plan he's gonna try since he has saw issue. IDS thinks he still has a standard ACM. That's why fields are different.
Yup, once I got some time today, I will try...
If that workaround is successful, Jim, I will share it, so that you can update the Nav retrofit thread.

LEXiiON
Old 8/9/14, 09:22 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by laserred38
I have a somewhat related question to this thread - when my car was new, it always swept the gauges on startup. It doesn't do it anymore. I loved that feature. Is it because I have the gauge memory set to ON?
I never had my needles sweep on the new cluster. They swept until you changed the memory setting?
Old 8/9/14, 09:23 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
I never had my needles sweep on the new cluster. They swept until you changed the memory setting?
I'm pretty sure? Unless I imagined it...I haven't turned the memory off because I don't know what that does.
Old 8/9/14, 08:58 PM
Mach 1 Member

Ok i tried and tried, but somewhere Ford must have hidden that information.
I PMI'd the PCM, GEM, BCM and nothing helped.
I took a NAV 2010 VIN for the PCM and while it was successful, the ACM as-built field did not change.
That VIN was from a track pack car, so i got the Service Advancetrak message after the PMI. Once PMI'd back to my VIN, that message was gone.
However, still no hint where that information is hidden.
Anyone any other ideas?
Thanks,
LEXiiON
Old 8/9/14, 09:25 PM
Mach 1 Member

Ok i tried and tried, but somewhere Ford must have hidden that information.
I PMI'd the PCM, GEM, BCM and nothing helped.
I took a NAV 2010 VIN for the PCM and while it was successful, the ACM as-built field did not change.
That VIN was from a track pack car, so i got the Service Advancetrak message after the PMI. Once PMI'd back to my VIN, that message was gone.
However, still no hint where that information is hidden.
Anyone any other ideas?
Thanks,
LEXiiON
Ok. I will have 4dtech program it. Will call them on Monday.

LEXiiON
Old 8/9/14, 09:34 PM
Legacy TMS Member

What is it you are trying to change?
Old 8/9/14, 09:37 PM
Mach 1 Member

What is it you are trying to change?
Turn the camera off and have the other startup logo.

LEXiiON
Old 8/9/14, 09:39 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Turn the camera off and have the other startup logo.

LEXiiON
Why not add the camera? Have it on the license plate?
Old 8/9/14, 09:41 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

I have no clue where IDS is getting the information from that your car is NON-NAV. Especially since you have done everything you could to fake IDS into believing your car has a Nav system. PMI'd all the modules, changed the VIN, over-rode the VIN, changed the AS-BUILT ... you did change the AS-Built for all the modules too correct? I know you said you couldn't get the PCM to work.

For the PCM you should PMI the PCM to change the VIN of your car. Then go to the AS-BUILT website and download the .ab file .. its the button on the bottom of the page.

Then when you do the PCM AS-BUILT it should ask you to locate that file ... or put the file in your calibration directory.

The only other place may be the SYNC module ??
Old 8/9/14, 09:45 PM
Mach 1 Member

I have no clue where IDS is getting the information from that your car is NON-NAV. Especially since you have done everything you could to fake IDS into believing your car has a Nav system. PMI'd all the modules, changed the VIN, over-rode the VIN, changed the AS-BUILT ... you did change the AS-Built for all the modules too correct? I know you said you couldn't get the PCM to work.

For the PCM you should PMI the PCM to change the VIN of your car. Then go to the AS-BUILT website and download the .ab file .. its the button on the bottom of the page.

Then when you do the PCM AS-BUILT it should ask you to locate that file ... or put the file in your calibration directory.

The only other place may be the SYNC module ??
I pulled the fuse of the APIM. No change.
I might try the PMI again. I downloaded all the .ab files. However it is quite a procedure, as I have to remove the tune, PMI, try, PMI back, upload tune...

LEXiiON

Last edited by LEXiiON; 8/9/14 at 09:47 PM.
Old 8/9/14, 09:50 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Seeing as I successfully PMIed my PCM with a 13 nav automatic and still have the old fields, I don't think you will have any better luck.
Old 8/9/14, 09:54 PM
Mach 1 Member

Seeing as I successfully PMIed my PCM with a 13 nav automatic and still have the old fields, I don't think you will have any better luck.
That's what I believe, too.
It is stored somewhere else. But where???
LEXiiON

Quick Reply: '13-14 Cluster into '10-12 car (with TrackApps) retrofit