Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

What did you do to your '10-'14 today?

Search this Thread

Old 5/14/15, 01:46 AM
Cobra Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by laserred38
I'm thinking about trading it in. I'm sure those of you with instagram have seen the guy in SoCal with his "P51 Tribute Stang" which is nothing more than a matte gray wrap and star logo on the door. Unfortunately, his "insta-fame" has completely tainted my plans for the car. I've also mentioned on here that it's just not fun owning a fast car in my area. There's no point.

On a positive note, my hood arrived to the body shop today. I'll wait until I get it back to make a decision. See how it feels. Two months of not driving it or seeing it is killing me. I'm considering a supercharged BRZ, STI, Focus RS, Charger R/T Scat Pack...again, we'll see. I loved the FR-S that I rented for 3 days, and I honestly enjoy driving Janny's new 2015 Focus SE around town because you can wring it out and it's not breaking the speed limit. It's JUST quick enough to feel quick, but not fast.

Maybe a Fiesta ST and a pickup? We'll see...
dude.....
Old 5/14/15, 06:22 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 51 Likes on 47 Posts
I've also mentioned on here that it's just not fun owning a fast car in my area. There's no point.
Agreed...that's why I don't drive mine to work. That's also why I get extremely frustrated driving mine when there is traffic. Last time I got the car out, I was able to go over 50% throttle ONCE in a 30 minute drive. It's just not fun when you can't go fast because of traffic and stop lights.

I'm considering a supercharged BRZ, STI, Focus RS, Charger R/T Scat Pack...again, we'll see. I loved the FR-S that I rented for 3 days, and I honestly enjoy driving Janny's new 2015 Focus SE around town because you can wring it out and it's not breaking the speed limit. It's JUST quick enough to feel quick, but not fast.

Out of that list, I'd definitely choose the Focus RS. AWD, 300+hp, 6 speed manual, hatchback...can't go wrong. Unfortunately it's going to be a minute before it hits dealer lots. Either 2016 or 2017. That's a long time from now man
Old 5/14/15, 06:26 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 111 Likes on 101 Posts
Big rear rotors are installed... nice easy job, and my rear brake cooling ducting should be more effective with the big rotors the way I have it rigged up. Hopefully better cooling at the track now with significantly more surface area. We'll see on 5/28

Comparison

Bracket to relocate the caliper

OEM rear

New rear

What did you do to your '10-'14 today?-car.jpg

Last edited by dmichaels; 5/14/15 at 06:34 AM.
Old 5/14/15, 07:41 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by Coyote5-0
Agreed...that's why I don't drive mine to work. That's also why I get extremely frustrated driving mine when there is traffic. Last time I got the car out, I was able to go over 50% throttle ONCE in a 30 minute drive. It's just not fun when you can't go fast because of traffic and stop lights.

Out of that list, I'd definitely choose the Focus RS. AWD, 300+hp, 6 speed manual, hatchback...can't go wrong. Unfortunately it's going to be a minute before it hits dealer lots. Either 2016 or 2017. That's a long time from now man
Spring 2016. And yeah, it's a consideration (that she likes too). If I do anything it has to either lower my payment, lower my insurance, lower my fuel consumption, or all of the above haha. KBB trade in value on my car is $30k, considering I paid about $37k after discounts, I'm quite happy this car is holding its value pretty nicely. I could be completely talking out my a$$, so we'll know in a few days when I get it back, just how I feel. These cars are 100% about emotion - if it isn't giving me the right feelings, I know it's time to move on, financial impact notwithstanding. And yes, I shouldn't care about what someone on "the Internet" is doing but the fact is, I will run into that guy/car at shows, since he's in the same state. I never intended my theme/plans for the car to be a competition, but I know that's what people will turn it into. I'd almost rather just do something completely different and not have to worry about adhering to my specific build. It would make buying mods a LOT easier. I've passed up on a lot of deals because it "wouldn't go with my theme."
Old 5/14/15, 08:37 AM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
I'm thinking about trading it in. I'm sure those of you with instagram have seen the guy in SoCal with his "P51 Tribute Stang" which is nothing more than a matte gray wrap and star logo on the door. Unfortunately, his "insta-fame" has completely tainted my plans for the car. I've also mentioned on here that it's just not fun owning a fast car in my area. There's no point.

On a positive note, my hood arrived to the body shop today. I'll wait until I get it back to make a decision. See how it feels. Two months of not driving it or seeing it is killing me. I'm considering a supercharged BRZ, STI, Focus RS, Charger R/T Scat Pack...again, we'll see. I loved the FR-S that I rented for 3 days, and I honestly enjoy driving Janny's new 2015 Focus SE around town because you can wring it out and it's not breaking the speed limit. It's JUST quick enough to feel quick, but not fast.

Don't let the popular kids get you down. It doesn't matter what everyone else thinks of the car. For all you know, he'll take the wrap off and put something else on after everyone gets tired of seeing it. Personally, there's no car I'd trade my mustang for, except maybe another mustang. There will always be faster, better handling, better MPG, etc. That's not why I bought my mustang. I bought it cause it makes me happy.
Old 5/14/15, 08:44 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Got her fixed finally at the dealership under warranty. Rear sway bar, end links, bolts, rear pinion seal, fresh fluid in the diff, front lower control arms with heat shields, alignment. Sold her to a good friend. She goes to her new home tomorrow. Sad but satisfying day.......

I am deciding tonight if I should get the Triple Yellow 50th GT with Performance Pack car I have the opportunity to buy. Holy poop I'm not gonna sleep tonight.
Old 5/14/15, 09:20 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 212 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by Stevedotmil
Got her fixed finally at the dealership under warranty. Rear sway bar, end links, bolts, rear pinion seal, fresh fluid in the diff, front lower control arms with heat shields, alignment. Sold her to a good friend. She goes to her new home tomorrow. Sad but satisfying day.......

I am deciding tonight if I should get the Triple Yellow 50th GT with Performance Pack car I have the opportunity to buy. Holy poop I'm not gonna sleep tonight.
Makes me sad to read this. Good luck with your decision.
Old 5/14/15, 09:36 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Blue Notch
Don't let the popular kids get you down. It doesn't matter what everyone else thinks of the car. For all you know, he'll take the wrap off and put something else on after everyone gets tired of seeing it. Personally, there's no car I'd trade my mustang for, except maybe another mustang. There will always be faster, better handling, better MPG, etc. That's not why I bought my mustang. I bought it cause it makes me happy.
I know I know. I'm getting a lot of people telling me not to sell it, which makes me happy, but at the same time, all of us are in our own unique situation. I'm getting tired of driving this car in traffic. You literally cannot drive in the SF Bay Area without being in traffic, period. It's just not fun. I'd rather drive a slow car fast, than a fast car slow.

Weighing out l my options at the moment. Car is worth $30k trade in, on KBB at least. Thinking if I keep it, I'm going to step down to 3.31s. Might let me enjoy the exhaust a little longer in each gear, and not make the car feel so frantic around town.
Old 5/14/15, 09:46 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
If you get rid of it you will, on many levels, regret it. Trust me I've been there. After building, dismantling, and selling Mia Ive had another Mach, an SRT8 Challenger, and a five series. I've ended up keeping the five series because its a great daily driver in the cold winter months but the other cars just couldn't satisfy what I had- nothing did until Jackie came along.

Yes, I name all my cars girl names.....

Get it back from the shop, do some little things to it at first..... give it a few months (summer months) and then see. It can't stir much emotion when you don't have it.
Old 5/14/15, 09:48 AM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I know I know. I'm getting a lot of people telling me not to sell it, which makes me happy, but at the same time, all of us are in our own unique situation. I'm getting tired of driving this car in traffic. You literally cannot drive in the SF Bay Area without being in traffic, period. It's just not fun. I'd rather drive a slow car fast, than a fast car slow.

Weighing out l my options at the moment. Car is worth $30k trade in, on KBB at least. Thinking if I keep it, I'm going to step down to 3.31s. Might let me enjoy the exhaust a little longer in each gear, and not make the car feel so frantic around town.
I have been going back and forth for over a year on wether or not to sell mine, and I still have it... For now...

We moved from CA to CO last year and I parked my Mustang at my Mom's house for about 5 months, which I didn't get to see it, drive it, nothin'... Now that it's out here, it sits in the garage (I work from home) and I only have gotten to take her out about 5-6 times since it being out here (8-9 months)... BUT, when I do take her out, it's along the back roads out here and puts a smile on my face every time! Still though, it's hard to see it and not either be able to drive it (snow, rain, etc) or just not want to drive it (the roads here right now are covered in potholes and the place I am at now still has construction every day), so it makes me wonder why I am spending so much money to have it just sit there... I have had it for about 2.5 years now and it still has less than 7k miles on it and that's including a 1400 mile trip from CA to CO!
Old 5/14/15, 11:02 AM
Legacy TMS Member

I don't know what pains me more, not having it and not driving it, or putting 13k miles on it in less than a year, driving to/from my hellhole job in stop and go traffic coming and going.
Old 5/14/15, 11:16 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

I don't know what pains me more, not having it and not driving it, or putting 13k miles on it in less than a year, driving to/from my hellhole job in stop and go traffic coming and going.

:O lol, i know where you work! so yeah it's not much of a drive.
Old 5/14/15, 11:33 AM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
What did you do to your '10-'14 today?

It sounds to me like you're upset that it's taking so long and you're trying to find reasons not to like it to make the wait less painful.
Old 5/14/15, 12:41 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by DarrenGT
:O lol, i know where you work! so yeah it's not much of a drive.
Yeah but you don't know where I live, my commute isn't terrible as far as distance, but it's in the sea of stupid that drives to/from the commercial parks every day, the sea of corollas and camries that are never washed, hence why I was involved in an accident with one of those people.

It sounds to me like you're upset that it's taking so long and you're trying to find reasons not to like it to make the wait less painful.
These issues have been on my mind almost immediately after getting my car and daily driving it. The accident was kinda the last straw for me, as I fully knew something like this would happen, daily driving this car. And yes, not having it for 2 months now, has only exacerbated the feelings/situation. I'm going to see how it is, only driving it 2 days a week. I won't have to care about gas mileage as much, and won't have to worry about stupid people as much (I plan to get up and leave earlier on those days and take the side streets before the sea of stupid wakes up).
Old 5/14/15, 12:50 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
BUG FREE again! At last! for an hour or so anyway...then off to the gym and collect new victims along the way
Darren, I see rock chips. What gives?

kidding man. Love that front end.

Originally Posted by xtc.inc
do you lift bro
I constantly try to overcome gravity in a room full of iron and steel...so i guess so lol

stats?

height
weight
bf%
LOL... Alex is into weights. He and I talked about that before. I let him know my stats and other info, etc. I'm a gym rat too.

Originally Posted by lakeguy77
Steeda Sports, Front STR.T's, GT500 mounts, FRPP jounce bumpers and Steeda PHB are in. Still waiting to get my rear STR.T's, but those can be done later. The ride is firmer, but ride QUALITY is better, much more controlled. I took it down a portion of road I drive every day to work and it's much better, so I'm thrilled so far. Still gotta do those rear shocks, along with the control arms....and pics. Gotta get those going too.
How do you like the Steeda's and the Koni's? are the STR T's the oranges? I have yellows and Steeda's Comp's. Also, pics please

dude.....
Spring 2016. And yeah, it's a consideration (that she likes too). If I do anything it has to either lower my payment, lower my insurance, lower my fuel consumption, or all of the above haha. KBB trade in value on my car is $30k, considering I paid about $37k after discounts, I'm quite happy this car is holding its value pretty nicely. I could be completely talking out my a$$, so we'll know in a few days when I get it back, just how I feel. These cars are 100% about emotion - if it isn't giving me the right feelings, I know it's time to move on, financial impact notwithstanding. And yes, I shouldn't care about what someone on "the Internet" is doing but the fact is, I will run into that guy/car at shows, since he's in the same state. I never intended my theme/plans for the car to be a competition, but I know that's what people will turn it into. I'd almost rather just do something completely different and not have to worry about adhering to my specific build. It would make buying mods a LOT easier. I've passed up on a lot of deals because it "wouldn't go with my theme."
Patrick... you are insane. I can't believe you are letting the internet, popularity, your unfortunate accident, your body shop work, your hood, and what other people think of your car, affect what YOU think of your car.

Dude, suck it up.

You seemed pretty passionate when we talked about first getting your car, with your mods, and now with the body shop tweaking your car to your liking, etc. Now you want to get rid of her??? Whaaaaaaaaaaat???

I think you're running on emotion from the accident, the long wait to get her back, plus the P51 theme car on "instagram".

F everyone, and do what you want to your car. Change your theme if you have to. Or better yet, go with NO theme. Who cares, but you.

And as far as driving it daily in traffic, going slow, that is a weak excuse. For the nth time, get a BEATER. Spend 1000 bucks, and get a high mileage beater. You probably spent 5x that on mods alone.

Sorry to say it to you straight buddy But relaaaaaaaaaaaaaaax. Get a grip and enjoy your car!!!

Originally Posted by Stevedotmil

Makes me sad to read this. Good luck with your decision.
Yep, Steve and I were communicating on this before. I'm actually happy for him. I think he was ready to move on to the next toy. He and I might go German next

Originally Posted by tom281
If you get rid of it you will, on many levels, regret it. Trust me I've been there. After building, dismantling, and selling Mia Ive had another Mach, an SRT8 Challenger, and a five series. I've ended up keeping the five series because its a great daily driver in the cold winter months but the other cars just couldn't satisfy what I had- nothing did until Jackie came along.

Yes, I name all my cars girl names.....

Get it back from the shop, do some little things to it at first..... give it a few months (summer months) and then see. It can't stir much emotion when you don't have it.
BINGO. That's exactly why I think he's doing this. He needs to just calm down and think things through. Long waits, internet froofroo, etc can get a person emotional. LOL

Last edited by FromZto5; 5/14/15 at 12:54 PM.
Old 5/14/15, 12:50 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

only driving it 2 days a week. I won't have to care about gas mileage as much, and won't have to worry about stupid people as much (I plan to get up and leave earlier on those days and take the side streets before the sea of stupid wakes up).
So you found yourself a daily driver/beater car?
Old 5/14/15, 12:54 PM
I Have No Life

Yeah but you don't know where I live, my commute isn't terrible as far as distance, but it's in the sea of stupid that drives to/from the commercial parks every day, the sea of corollas and camries that are never washed, hence why I was involved in an accident with one of those people.

These issues have been on my mind almost immediately after getting my car and daily driving it. The accident was kinda the last straw for me, as I fully knew something like this would happen, daily driving this car. And yes, not having it for 2 months now, has only exacerbated the feelings/situation. I'm going to see how it is, only driving it 2 days a week. I won't have to care about gas mileage as much, and won't have to worry about stupid people as much (I plan to get up and leave earlier on those days and take the side streets before the sea of stupid wakes up).
Paragraph 1 retort:

Dude, we all drive with idiots. Whether it be Cali or Iowa, they're all over. If you want to drive your car, you'll be amongst idiots. You just have to adjust and deal with it...and maybe drive more defensively and let things go. See my prior post. That reason to get rid of a car is weak. You're trying to find an excuse to get rid of her.

Paragraph 2 retort:

Like I said, get a beater or high mileage daily driver. Forego one of your big mods for a few months and instead, your "mod" would be getting a daily driver. Case solved. I've driven my car 1x in the last 2 weeks. Do I miss her? Sure do. Will I get rid of her because I have idiots next to me, bad weather, or other people that copy my car or hate my car or etc... ??? heck no. Why? Because I love my car. Period.

if you don't love your car, then sure, get rid of her. But ask yourself why you think you don't love it anymore. Make sure it's for the right reasons.
Old 5/14/15, 12:58 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by FromZto5
And as far as driving it daily in traffic, going slow, that is a weak excuse. For the nth time, get a BEATER. Spend 1000 bucks, and get a high mileage beater. You probably spent 5x that on mods alone.
I agree. I drive a 2006 Elantra for my beater car. It already has dents and scratches so I don't care if anything hits it...in fact I typically kick the door closed when I have groceries in my hand or set stuff on top of it or the trunk. Zero f--ks given
30-35mpg, big soft profile tires (takes pot holes like a champ), decent reliability, and ability to drive it and park it anywhere without any worries. I got the thing for $4k with 62k miles on it 3 years ago. I'm sure you could get something even cheaper with higher miles. Hyundai's aren't a bad deal because you can get them cheap due to their reputation of crummy quality, but in the 2000's they really stepped up their game as far as reliability.

Last edited by Coyote5-0; 5/14/15 at 01:00 PM.
Old 5/14/15, 01:03 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by Coyote5-0
I agree. I drive a 2006 Elantra for my beater car. It already has dents and scratches so I don't care if anything hits it...in fact I typically kick the door closed when I have groceries in my hand or set stuff on top of it or the trunk. Zero f--ks given
30-35mpg, big soft profile tires (takes pot holes like a champ), decent reliability, and ability to drive it and park it anywhere without any worries. I got the thing for $4k with 62k miles on it 3 years ago. I'm sure you could get something even cheaper with higher miles. Hyundai's aren't a bad deal because you can get them cheap due to their reputation of crummy quality, but in the 2000's they really stepped up their game as far as reliability.
Some folks think that not daily driving or driving my Mustang/toy car much means I don't get to enjoy her.

I enjoy her FAR MORE now that I get to drive her after work, when I want to, no rush, no traffic, etc... when I want to relieve stress I just get in and drive around town or outside of it, etc. Then wifey and I take her on a date. Win win for me.
Old 5/14/15, 01:04 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Spoiled calufornians. Just go blow some sh*t up with Arnie and feel better lol

Quick Reply: What did you do to your '10-'14 today?