Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

VIN, Build, Delivered: The 2012 Edition

Search this Thread

Old 5/11/11, 11:57 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Traveler1949
Any new info on this? Is it just they have stopped shipping or has production also been stopped? Wondering what the impact will be on scheduled build dates.
Deysha just said "so far, it's not having an impact on production".
Old 5/11/11, 12:24 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by 2012GrabbGT
Deysha just said "so far, it's not having an impact on production".
That would be good but I wonder. I have a VIN and a 05/16(per Vehicle Visibility Report from Ford printed 05/06) build date but no window sticker yet. Email from FCS this morning say that it "has no firm build date". Curious. Gonna visit my dealer tomorrow or Friday. One would think that when one orders a 40k + car that Ford would be more forthcoming with information.
Old 5/11/11, 12:34 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Traveler1949
That would be good but I wonder. I have a VIN and a 05/16(per Vehicle Visibility Report from Ford printed 05/06) build date but no window sticker yet. Email from FCS this morning say that it "has no firm build date". Curious. Gonna visit my dealer tomorrow or Friday. One would think that when one orders a 40k + car that Ford would be more forthcoming with information.
I agree with that. My build week is the 16th also. (13 weeks after ordering) Deysha is your best source for info. She is the only one that told me that my car was scheduled to be built on the 18th and that the window sticker would come up that week. She also gave me a tentative ETA. I take her word for it. You should PM her with your VIN and ask her to check on it.
Old 5/11/11, 12:41 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Big Vito

Hope they didn't put blowers in them
Hope they did!
Old 5/11/11, 12:43 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by kingcocca
Ordered March 14th and got a call from the dealer today that it arrived!!! The long wait is finally over!!! Pics to come!!
R u saying march 14th of last year? Wow that was a long wait!
Old 5/11/11, 12:59 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Jza1736

R u saying march 14th of last year? Wow that was a long wait!
Lol. That was a good one...
Old 5/11/11, 12:59 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by 2012GrabbGT
I agree with that. My build week is the 16th also. (13 weeks after ordering) Deysha is your best source for info. She is the only one that told me that my car was scheduled to be built on the 18th and that the window sticker would come up that week. She also gave me a tentative ETA. I take her word for it. You should PM her with your VIN and ask her to check on it.
I am going to PM her tomorrow. PM'd her a couple of weeks ago and she said the 16th with a 21st arrival date. Not gonna bug her too much. Lots more fun to watch the dealer squirm!
Old 5/11/11, 01:59 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Jza1736

Hope they did!
I wouldn't buy one
Old 5/11/11, 03:00 PM

Hi Deysha!

I sent you a PM but I will post it here too.

I have been looking forward to speaking with you for some time now. I have been following the forums for a while now and you are awesome! Thanks for helping everyone here.

I was hoping you could tell me anything at all about the order I placed. I've been waiting now for exactly 1 month and still don't have a VIN assigned. The dealer hasn't been able to tell me anything and this is getting frustrating being left in the dark.

My order was placed with 'Brien Ford' of Everett, WA. I received a crappy scan via e-mail of the Dora that is really hard to read. Here is what I think I can make out:

Ordered 4-12-11
Order Type 1
Priority 13
Begin Order 4444

Am I just being impatient? What is the typical time frame for getting a VIN!?!
Old 5/11/11, 03:16 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 2012-BLACK-GT/CS
You might be a little impatient honestly. I think it took around 10 weeks to get my VIN, and others were similar. Other more recent orders were seeing 5-6 weeks it seems to get a VIN, so it should be coming soon.

Deysha will be able to help you out though. Hopefully you get good news soon.
Old 5/11/11, 04:33 PM
Bullitt Member

Hi Deysha!

I have been looking forward to speaking with you for some time now. I have been following the forums for a while now and you are awesome! Thanks for helping everyone here.

I was hoping you could tell me anything at all about the order I placed. I've been waiting now for exactly 1 month and still don't have a VIN assigned. The dealer hasn't been able to tell me anything and this is getting frustrating being left in the dark.

My order was placed with 'Brien Ford' of Everett, WA. I received a crappy scan via e-mail of the Dora that is really hard to read. Here is what I think I can make out:

Ordered 4-12-11
Order Type 1
Priority 13
Begin Order 4444

It also took me 10 weeks to get my VIN. (Ordered 02-14-11/VIN 04-22-11). The day i got my VIN, Deysha PM'd me the build week of 05-16-11 and the ETA of 06-01-11. She also PM'd me this past monday with a build day of 05-18-11. Still waiting on a window sticker; but, Deysha told me it would come up shortly before the build day. Now, this is just my timeline. I've seen others that ordered a month after me and already got theirs. So, who really knows how Ford handles these orders. It definitely is not in the order that they came in. Anyways, Deysha is your best bet. She is great!
Old 5/11/11, 04:37 PM
Bullitt Member

Hi Deysha!

Ordered 4-12-11
Order Type 1
Priority 13
Begin Order 4444

your build week will show up after your order is pulled then , build day will set, after that and 7-10 days before build day your Vin will be visable! Hang in there, u don't know about wait
Old 5/11/11, 04:47 PM

Thumbs up

Your being impatient lol a lot of us are waiting longer then that for a vin...
Hi Deysha!

Ordered 4-12-11
Order Type 1
Priority 13
Begin Order 4444

Old 5/11/11, 05:26 PM
GT Member

Tomorrow is supposed to be the day my car arrives at the dealer. Any bets on if it shows up? I'm so jumpy after the past 3.5 months that I figure something will screw it up.
Old 5/11/11, 05:46 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by RaceRed12
Tomorrow is supposed to be the day my car arrives at the dealer. Any bets on if it shows up? I'm so jumpy after the past 3.5 months that I figure something will screw it up.
Doubt it. The inspection hold hasn't been lifted, so it most likely hasn't left flat rock yet.
Old 5/11/11, 06:25 PM
GT Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by LEwis26
Doubt it. The inspection hold hasn't been lifted, so it most likely hasn't left flat rock yet.
I keep seeing references to "inspection hold" but have not seen any official word about it. What is being "inspected"?

Is there a link or post I missed somewhere that is outlining this "inspection hold"?

Our eta was yesterday, 5/10. Our car didn't arrive and we know it is still sitting on ramp 5P, so you can assume we are quite interested in what the details of the hold up is for all our cars on ramp 5P.
Old 5/11/11, 06:49 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by EvilPeppard
I keep seeing references to "inspection hold" but have not seen any official word about it. What is being "inspected"?

Is there a link or post I missed somewhere that is outlining this "inspection hold"?

Our eta was yesterday, 5/10. Our car didn't arrive and we know it is still sitting on ramp 5P, so you can assume we are quite interested in what the details of the hold up is for all our cars on ramp 5P.
I got that information from Ford Customer Service level 2, and Deysha posted the same thing earlier in the thread.

Nobody can seem to tell us what is actually being inspected though. Hopefully they'll be some word soon.
Old 5/11/11, 11:03 PM

My dealer confirmed they are inspecting for an engine whine in the 5.0's. They do not know yet what is causing the whine. This may take several weeks before they start releasing cars.
Old 5/11/11, 11:11 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by glowe1
My dealer confirmed they are inspecting for an engine whine in the 5.0's. They do not know yet what is causing the whine. This may take several weeks before they start releasing cars.
Interesting. FCS level 2 didn't even have that information, so it could be all dealer speculation at this point.

The only way to prove that theory would be if 5.0 F150's were being held too.
Old 5/12/11, 08:11 AM
Mach 1 Member

My dealer told me yesterday the Pittsburgh region only got 75 mustang allocations in June for their 250 dealers due to parts constraints. Not sure what the rest of the country is seeing. Anyway they also told me they got two of those allocations for my cars and both have been pulled for production. Still waiting on Build Date and ETA . . . hopefully Deysha can make my day with some more good news!

Quick Reply: VIN, Build, Delivered: The 2012 Edition