Sponsored By:

VIN, Build, Delivered: The 2012 Edition

Search this Thread

Old 3/21/11, 03:53 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Stang-Par

Looks like quite a few of us have an April 4th build

US dealers have a letter and I believe 5 digits as the dealer code. Canada has a letter (sometimes two) and 4 digits. Should say dealer and then then the code on the VOC
They will be very busy that week, too bad I don't understand the serialization and build connection. Mine is 9162
Old 3/22/11, 03:40 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Big Vito
They will be very busy that week, too bad I don't understand the serialization and build connection. Mine is 9162
I think the serialization is just that, the order they get serialized when scheduling. I think the build order gets finalized a few days before assembly. They arrange them according to logistics, options, color, parts availability, etc so they wont necessarily go down the line in serialized order.

Any body with an April 4 build see a window sticker yet?
Old 3/22/11, 07:34 AM
V6 Member

I think the serialization is just that, the order they get serialized when scheduling. I think the build order gets finalized a few days before assembly. They arrange them according to logistics, options, color, parts availability, etc so they wont necessarily go down the line in serialized order.

No, not I...

I have an April 4th build date and check for the window sticker twice a day. So far no luck. I will say that heard that the window sticker typically appears a week before the build date, and I have anecdotal evidence to prove that! We ordered a new Ford Explorer at the same time as my Mustang; I kept checking for her window sticker and it showed up exactly 7 days prior to the build date. So there might be some truth to that theory I guess!
Old 3/22/11, 09:16 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by PolishAmericanMustang
What is my order number? Is that the 4-digit number on the VOC my dealer gave me?
Yes PolishAmericanMustang, it should be a 4 digit #. Sometimes it’s one letter and 3 numbers or 4 numbers.

Deysha
Old 3/22/11, 10:22 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My window sticker showed up on the 27th of January; it was built on 4 Feb. So 8 days before the build.
Old 3/22/11, 10:34 AM

Hello everyone, ive been checking out these forums since early January whenever i placed my order, and i finally got a vin! Was wondering how i could find out what my build date is going to be. My vin# is 1ZVBP8AMXC5214115 . I thank you for your help
Old 3/22/11, 11:14 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by hybr1d
Hello everyone, ive been checking out these forums since early January whenever i placed my order, and i finally got a vin! Was wondering how i could find out what my build date is going to be. My vin# is 1ZVBP8AMXC5214115 . I thank you for your help

That exceptionally nice person Deysha at Ford Customer Service can tell you all you need to know. Just send her a PM.
Old 3/22/11, 01:29 PM
GT Member

That exceptionally nice person Deysha at Ford Customer Service can tell you all you need to know. Just send her a PM.
Can't wait to get news from Deysha myself
But my first attempt at the window sticker site gave me this:

The VIN entered was not found in our system. VIN requested is 1ZVBP8FF8CXXXXXXX.

But at least I've got a V.I.N.
Old 3/22/11, 01:59 PM
Bullitt Member

I don't have a VIN (maybe my dealer didn't give it to me) but he did say my build date is 4/11 and should be in at the end of April. Can't wait!!! I'll have to talk to him again to see about the VIN and make sure I get all of the updates.

Last edited by mtnbikefuel80; 3/22/11 at 02:09 PM.
Old 3/22/11, 02:04 PM
Bullitt Member

Orders are being pulled. I think the main factor now is whether you dealer has allocation. If they don't have allocation they won't get scheduled. The other hold up could be GT Vs v6 Vs convertible. Might also depend on parts issues.
Some dealers with high allocation already have orders put in for their own stock. If you put in an order that is similar to what they have already placed (ie just changing colors) they can just swap the color card and your moved up in line because they had that placeholder (or so I've been told).

EDIT: I think this is what mine did since I know the dealer already had a couple black GT premiums with 3.73 and Brembos on order. Prolly just changed one to Kona Blue instead of Black.

Last edited by mtnbikefuel80; 3/22/11 at 05:25 PM.
Old 3/22/11, 02:45 PM
V6 Member

how long could it take for a dealer to get allocation? do they know? months?
i hope i didn't choose the wrong one..
Old 3/22/11, 02:54 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by mtnbikefuel80
I don't have a VIN (maybe my dealer didn't give it to me) but he did say my build date is 4/11 and should be in at the end of April. Can't wait!!! I'll have to talk to him again to see about the VIN and make sure I get all of the updates.
Damnit that's fast! I would be thrilled if I get a VIN/build date within a week of ordering!

Last edited by PolishAmericanMustang; 3/22/11 at 02:57 PM.
Old 3/22/11, 03:44 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by GT100e
The VIN entered was not found in our system. VIN requested is 1ZVBP8FF8CXXXXXXX.
Thats what mine says. I'm still showing build day of April 4 ( not sure if it starts being built on the 4th or is completed on the 4th) and an ETA of April 10. I guess I better start breaking up the piggy banks.
Old 3/22/11, 04:51 PM
Bullitt Member

Holy Moly Mountain, you ordered 8 days ago and the dealer gave you a build date of 4/11?

Wow!

I ordered 3 days after you on the 17th.
Old 3/22/11, 04:54 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by FordCustomerService
Hey guys,

I’m so happy to see your cars starting to move down the line and start to arrive! If we have any new members that would like me to track their order, message me your order number and dealer name. Also, thank you guys for your support!

Deysha
Wonderful offer Deysha, thank-you.

I PM'd last night, then went to look in my sent file to see if I'd mentioned a particular point, but my send file showed 0 msgs sent....so I sent another. It doesn't register either, so am wondering a few things, first is whether or not you got my msg.
Old 3/22/11, 05:04 PM

No have no window sticker yet.
Old 3/22/11, 05:30 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by dafreeze

I PM'd last night, then went to look in my sent file to see if I'd mentioned a particular point, but my send file showed 0 msgs sent....so I sent another. It doesn't register either, so am wondering a few things, first is whether or not you got my msg.
I just joined and was going through the options and you have to click 'save sent messages'. Go to your User CP -> Edit Options and then check that box and see if it works for your future sent messages.
Old 3/22/11, 06:10 PM

Just got an email from my dealer. He gave me a VIN, with an ETA the week of April 11. He didn't give me a build date / week, so I'm not positive if he really meant ETA or build date. Either way, I'm psyched!
Old 3/22/11, 07:46 PM
Bullitt Member

I just joined and was going through the options and you have to click 'save sent messages'. Go to your User CP -> Edit Options and then check that box and see if it works for your future sent messages.
that's it, thanks!
Old 3/23/11, 07:28 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by dafreeze

Hey defreeze,

I did get it, please bear with me. I will get to all of your messages today even if I have to leave super late. Thank you for your patience and support!

Deysha

Quick Reply: VIN, Build, Delivered: The 2012 Edition