Notices
2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

VIN, Build, Delivered: The 2012 Edition

Search this Thread

Old 6/27/11, 08:18 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by BKStyles
I contacted my dealer for the VIN. Took about 3 weeks after I ordered the car, after that I PM'd Deysha for the status.
Thank you for the shout BKStyles! Yours is progressing just fine too!

Deysha
Old 6/27/11, 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by Her2012Pony
Thanks, Deysha! Called my dealer for my order number today...still waiting for a reply. Hopefully, I'll be able to send you the info by Monday.
No problem, I'll keep an eye out for it.

Deysha
Old 6/27/11, 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by SoFlo Mustang
Deysha, i know i will be annoying you with questions in the future, so i am curious.....

How can this forum give back to you? Can we shoot an email to someone and say how awesome you are or....?

You have done so much for us. Thanks

P.s - ill b annoying u in a month when i order my v6 :P
Thank you for your kind thoughts SoFlo Mustang! All you guys can do is continue to be as awesome as you are and have been to me. If you would like to send any kudos, just private message me and I’ll forward it to my bosses. You guys have been great! And don’t worry SoFlo Mustang… I’ll be ready for all your questions about your order!

Deysha
Old 6/27/11, 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by Jza1736
Thank you for all your hardwork, Deysha !!! You really are Fords top employee! You helped me stay sane while waiting for the Boss to arrive!

I'll post some better pics when I actually get the car!!
Thank you Jza1736!!! It is awesome!! Congrats and enjoy it to the max!!

Deysha
Old 6/27/11, 10:14 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FordCustomerService
I guess you can give them a call this afternoon!

Deysha
They called this morning - it is HERE! (well, there at the dealer...)

After waiting ALL DAY Saturday (which was sunny & mild, BTW) and getting no calls, I called the dealer at 7:45 pm Saturday evening just to check in. The salesman said he was told that if it didn’t show up Saturday (which it hadn’t) then it would be there when they came in on Monday morning (which it was).

So the latest is that they’re prepping it this morning, to be ready for delivery by early afternoon today. Pending my wife’s availability (you young guys who haven’t had to manage an estate after a death won’t understand, but we want her name on the title with automatic “right of survivorship” – makes it much easier), I hope to take off work an hour early and go up there to get it TODAY.

One variable is the chance of thunderstorms – it was NICE all weekend long, but we had loud storms overnight last night and they are forecast for this afternoon as well. I plan to risk it if they’re just “scattered” or “isolated” showers, but I do NOT want to be picking it up in a downpour.
Old 6/27/11, 10:36 AM

I have been wating a long time for my car to arrive, the eta is now 6/29. Does eta mean estimated time of arrival at the dealership or some train stop prior to dealer.

Thanks, Joe T
Old 6/27/11, 11:04 AM

My car went from awaiting shipment to in transit back to awaiting shipment any one have this happen? If so what does it mean? Its off the train waiting for a truck hopefully? My ETA is 6/28 any info??
Old 6/27/11, 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by Joe T
I have been wating a long time for my car to arrive, the eta is now 6/29. Does eta mean estimated time of arrival at the dealership or some train stop prior to dealer.

Thanks, Joe T
im pretty sure its to the dealer call up ford CRC n see if they tell you awaiting shipment mayb our cars were on the same train and at the same transfer station...if this is the case
Old 6/27/11, 12:15 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Double-EDad
They called this morning - it is HERE! (well, there at the dealer...)

After waiting ALL DAY Saturday (which was sunny & mild, BTW) and getting no calls, I called the dealer at 7:45 pm Saturday evening just to check in. The salesman said he was told that if it didn’t show up Saturday (which it hadn’t) then it would be there when they came in on Monday morning (which it was).

So the latest is that they’re prepping it this morning, to be ready for delivery by early afternoon today. Pending my wife’s availability (you young guys who haven’t had to manage an estate after a death won’t understand, but we want her name on the title with automatic “right of survivorship” – makes it much easier), I hope to take off work an hour early and go up there to get it TODAY.

One variable is the chance of thunderstorms – it was NICE all weekend long, but we had loud storms overnight last night and they are forecast for this afternoon as well. I plan to risk it if they’re just “scattered” or “isolated” showers, but I do NOT want to be picking it up in a downpour.
Congrats!! Hopefully the weather holds for you to get her today! Pics are a necessity!!
Old 6/27/11, 02:27 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This is getting a little rediculous here. My car has been at the rail depot in Atlanta since Thursday. I contacted my dealer this morning and they said they contacted the depot and it would be Wednesday before my car is here. Come on Atlanta is ony an hour away for pete's sake. Put the thing on a truck and deliver it already. It is taking longer for it to get from Atlanta to Bremen than it did to get from Flat Rock to Atlanta. Sorry I just needed to vent.
Old 6/27/11, 03:02 PM
Mach 1 Member

I just called ford and my build week of 7/18 has been updated to a build day of 7/19!! Little tiny updates make this wait much more manageable. Ford should come up with more "checkpoints" to trick people into thinking something is happening even if it isn't. It would totally work on me lol
Old 6/27/11, 03:19 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Picked mine up this past Fri.
My sales lady didn't believe me when I said the car would be there within a week of it's build date 6/17. She also didn't realize the Flat Rock plant is a 30 min drive from the dealership.
Any way here it is.

Old 6/27/11, 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by bee bop
This is getting a little rediculous here. My car has been at the rail depot in Atlanta since Thursday. I contacted my dealer this morning and they said they contacted the depot and it would be Wednesday before my car is here. Come on Atlanta is ony an hour away for pete's sake. Put the thing on a truck and deliver it already. It is taking longer for it to get from Atlanta to Bremen than it did to get from Flat Rock to Atlanta. Sorry I just needed to vent.
Did your status say awaiting shipment when it got to your depot?
Old 6/27/11, 07:12 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by flySWA737
Congrats!! Hopefully the weather holds for you to get her today! Pics are a necessity!!
Picked it up tonght after work & dodged the storm cells! I promised dancing bananas & here they are:

I hesistate to share pics, because it seems GB is an impossible color to capture digitally. I took these pics on my LG enV3 phone camera (sux) and even between photos there are distinct differences in the color, in most cases it's showing up way too light. I promise more after a detailing fiesta this coming 4-day weekend, as well as a full-on comparison between impressions of this car vs. the 2011 'vert GT I just sold - starting with the fact that this car has a more "chemical" new car smell, whereas the '11 had a more traditional/leather "new car smell". Maybe it's the coupe's headliner?

THANK YOU DEYSHA FOR ALL OF YOUR MORAL SUPPORT!! 5 Weeks exactly from order date to customer delivery. Not bad!

Last edited by Double-EDad; 6/27/11 at 07:16 PM.
Old 6/27/11, 07:18 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Black Fire
Picked mine up this past Fri.
My sales lady didn't believe me when I said the car would be there within a week of it's build date 6/17. She also didn't realize the Flat Rock plant is a 30 min drive from the dealership.
Any way here it is.

I love this pic (SO cute!), I love the car, I love the cloth upholstery, and I love the avatar! Great stuff!
Old 6/27/11, 07:33 PM
Bullitt Member

Picked it up tonght after work & dodged the storm cells! I promised dancing bananas & here they are:

I hesistate to share pics, because it seems GB is an impossible color to capture digitally. I took these pics on my LG enV3 phone camera (sux) and even between photos there are distinct differences in the color, in most cases it's showing up way too light. I promise more after a detailing fiesta this coming 4-day weekend, as well as a full-on comparison between impressions of this car vs. the 2011 'vert GT I just sold - starting with the fact that this car has a more "chemical" new car smell, whereas the '11 had a more traditional/leather "new car smell". Maybe it's the coupe's headliner?

THANK YOU DEYSHA FOR ALL OF YOUR MORAL SUPPORT!! 5 Weeks exactly from order date to customer delivery. Not bad!
Awesome!!! Gotta love that interior!!! Good luck with her!
Old 6/27/11, 07:43 PM
Mach 1 Member

Car looks great! I have a thing for dark wheels with the grabber blue but its a great looking car, I hope to feel that excitement soon!

I noticed the dealer put an advertisement sticker on your car, reminds me to call mine tomorrow and tell them there is NO WAY I'm letting them do that to mine.
Old 6/27/11, 08:00 PM

I apologize in advance to whoever cares to read all this, but I need to vent a little. I waited until my car had been produced to request an ETA from FCS because I wanted to be sure it had a good chance at being accurate. Deysha was able to confirm for me that the car was built on 6-3 and moved to the train loading area on 6-4. I then requested an ETA and got one of 6-25. Twenty-one days is a long wait for transport, but I deal with it. Saturday the 25th comes and goes. I show up to the dealership on Sunday and guess what? Yea...it just left Michigan a couple days ago and the new ETA is now 7-12. Are you f***ing kidding me? 21 days was a reasonable wait, now your telling me it will take another 17? That's a grand total of 38 days just to move a car. You could probably disassemble and transport both halves of a house on 2 different trucks the same distance and have it put back together in much less time. I know their are those of you on the forums that have waited much longer than I for your cars, some 6+ months. My complaint is with Ford's terrible ETA system. I actually thought that just maybe I could be the first one to my knowledge to actually have their delivery estimate mean something. I was wrong. Ford's ETA system is way behind the times. Most companies update their ETA's regularly and provide tracking information. If Ford invested in a better system just think of how much happier and less shocked/angry their customers would be. Not to mention the wasted man hours involved in dealerships & Ford Customer Service taking regular calls from potential customers for info about their orders. [No offense Deysha, you are a brilliantly shining star in all this madness & the hardest worker at Ford]. Anyways, sorry for the rant. I'm sure many of you here can relate to this.
Old 6/27/11, 08:09 PM
Mach 1 Member

makes me nervous about mine!
Old 6/28/11, 05:30 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by STUKUP2112
Here are some pics. I will post more this week after the dealer installs the fascias. They have not come in. Also I am installing a light bar Monday.
Great looking color, my second favorite
The pics of your Kona blue didn't follow the quote...Sorry

Last edited by GT100e; 6/28/11 at 05:31 AM.

Quick Reply: VIN, Build, Delivered: The 2012 Edition