Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by IguanaKeepr
Ordered: 01FEB11

2012 Mustang GT Premium 400A
Performance White w/ Saddle
Auto, Comfort, Electronics, Glass Roof, 18" Polished Wheels, Rear Video Camera

No VOC, No DORA, No VIN
Can't do anything about the VIN, but you can put the screws to the dealer to come up with a VOC/DORA. My dealer asked me how many I wanted (I said one of each for my order will do)
Old 2/12/11, 02:23 AM
V6 Member

I've been told i'll get VIN number sometime late this month or early next month because its a retail. When can be delivery earliest (and when around most probably from experiance)? tks!
Old 2/12/11, 12:18 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by maxmustang
I've been told i'll get VIN number sometime late this month or early next month because its a retail. When can be delivery earliest (and when around most probably from experiance)? tks!
At this point nobody can say, you'll have an idea when you get your VIN and get scheduled to week.
Old 2/12/11, 01:31 PM
Bullitt Member

Ford was supposedly delayed for a 2 week parts shortage that is supposedly now over. Since production was supposedly originally going to start the 27 or 18th of January, then this parts shortage has already set things back about a month give or take. I find the lack of any details frustrating considering this wait is dragging on forever and production supposedly does not have any delays now. Someone in another thread said that production supposedly started last week, but I also read in another forum someone claiming that it is not starting until week after next. I do not mean to be impatient, but I think it would only be fair if Ford offered just a few more details than the almost complete silence that has been given so far, considering so many of us will be paying so much money for these mustangs. I guess I will stop ranting now and just get back to other things.
Old 2/12/11, 09:41 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mine has been produced and is awaiting shipment. That was a few days ago; it may very well have shipped by now (via truck).
Old 2/13/11, 05:19 AM
Cobra Member

Supposedly this 2012 Kona Blue coupe, 1ZVBP8CF7C5200171, is sitting on a dealer lot a few towns over from me. Will give them a call and take a ride over and get some pix if they have it. Anyone know if this is the first sighting of a 2012 Mustang for sale? I was thinking of making a separate thread with pix later today.

-ace72
Old 2/13/11, 06:57 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by ace72ace
Supposedly this 2012 Kona Blue coupe, 1ZVBP8CF7C5200171, is sitting on a dealer lot a few towns over from me.
Unless your dealer is at the Plant in Flat Rock MI. you might want to save the trip. It's produced but not shipped yet.

IF you are going by "search dealer inventory" on Ford.com take it with a grain of salt; it often includes dealer stock that the dealer has on order but hasn't necessarily received yet.
Old 2/13/11, 07:05 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by hawkeye18
Mine has been produced and is awaiting shipment. That was a few days ago; it may very well have shipped by now (via truck).
It is still awaiting shipment; no cars will ship until the OK-to-Buy is given. The same thing happened last year.
Old 2/13/11, 07:24 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by OAC_Sparky
Unless your dealer is at the Plant in Flat Rock MI. you might want to save the trip.
Which is why in my post I included "will give them a call"

-ace72
Old 2/13/11, 07:47 AM
Banned

Which is why in my post I included "will give them a call"

-ace72
Ok, I'm saving you the call, too.

You're welcome.
Old 2/13/11, 08:25 AM
Cobra Member

Ok, I'm saving you the call, too.

You're welcome.
I don't doubt your information, which is why I started the post with "Supposedly" thus expressing skepticism. I had read on another forum that someone else claims to have seen a 2012 on a dealer lot, but seeing is believing. I haven't seen any pix of 2012's ready for sale yet, so the idea of having one of the first photos of the new models would have made for a fun Sunday afternoon.

I take it the new 2012 models won't be available for sale until after the big press release that is coming soon?

The call is free, but gas isn't...

-ace72

p.s.

Not in stock, no idea on ETA. I would guess the other poster who claimed to have spotted at 2012 must have been mistaken.

Last edited by ace72ace; 2/13/11 at 08:59 AM.
Old 2/13/11, 09:15 AM
Banned

Not in stock, no idea on ETA. I would guess the other poster who claimed to have spotted at 2012 must have been mistaken.
It's not that anyone is being deceptive. In normal circumstances a dealer will put incoming stock up on their inventory page; it drums up interest so that by the time the car actually arrives the car is sold.

It's just that in the case of new models that Ford has their system in place to hold all vehicles at the start of a model run until the "OK to Buy" is given. It's not just this year or just the Mustang it's every model every year for the last few years. Same thing happened with the Edge, MkT, Fusion, Taurus, Fiesta, Escape, etc as well. The whole reason for the exercise it to try to limit errors getting out of the plant and into customer's hands when they could be caught and corrected at the plant easier.

People here just don't know this because this is the first new model Ford they're involved with. Yes, it's inconvenient but it's better than having to take it back to the dealership for petty crap.

Last edited by OAC_Sparky; 2/13/11 at 09:17 AM.
Old 2/13/11, 12:33 PM
FR500 Member

It's not that anyone is being deceptive. In normal circumstances a dealer will put incoming stock up on their inventory page; it drums up interest so that by the time the car actually arrives the car is sold.

It's just that in the case of new models that Ford has their system in place to hold all vehicles at the start of a model run until the "OK to Buy" is given. It's not just this year or just the Mustang it's every model every year for the last few years. Same thing happened with the Edge, MkT, Fusion, Taurus, Fiesta, Escape, etc as well. The whole reason for the exercise it to try to limit errors getting out of the plant and into customer's hands when they could be caught and corrected at the plant easier.

People here just don't know this because this is the first new model Ford they're involved with. Yes, it's inconvenient but it's better than having to take it back to the dealership for petty crap.
Sparky, could you post or start a thread to let us know when the "Ok to Buy" is given? I have a retail order which I am assuming won't get serialized until then. In the meantime, I'll know not to bug my dealer!
Old 2/13/11, 12:47 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by PTRocks

Sparky, could you post or start a thread to let us know when the "Ok to Buy" is given? I have a retail order which I am assuming won't get serialized until then. In the meantime, I'll know not to bug my dealer!
+1
Old 2/13/11, 02:25 PM
Banned

I've got an order in, too. When I find out I'll be sure to pass it on...
Old 2/14/11, 11:12 AM
V6 Member

I still don’t have a VIN, but my dealer emailed me today and said that my car is scheduled to be built the week of 14MAR11.

Last edited by SteveRacer; 2/14/11 at 11:17 AM.
Old 2/14/11, 12:50 PM

Ordered 4-Feb
Currently: "Unscheduled-Clean"
2012 Lava Red 5.0 Convertible, 6spd.
Hoping for end of March.
Old 2/14/11, 01:22 PM
GT Member

Sent an email to my salesman today to try and get some new info...
Old 2/14/11, 02:54 PM
Team Mustang Source

Oh boyyyyyy, this will be a lenghty thread i'm sure. Welcome to last year people.
I'm so excited for all you guys ordering........i'd do it all over again if i could, but it will have to wait for the next redesign Mustang.
Those that have anxiety problems, PLEASE consult your physician before posting on this thread !!!!!
Old 2/14/11, 03:55 PM
V6 Member

Ordered 23JAN2011.......after reading some of things on this post, I'll feel lucky if I get it by May.

Black with brick red interior. 3.73 gears, manual, Brembos, HID's, security package, comfort package, electronics package, rear camera, over the top stripe (matte black) roush front end with splitter and side splitters, roush exhaust, roush window louvers.

Quick Reply: VIN, Build, Delivered: The 2012 Edition