Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

VIN, Build, Delivered: The 2012 Edition

Search this Thread

Old 4/20/11, 08:04 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by joelstang
I was told mid july delivery...any body else up in the northeast hearing something to this effect??
I am in Ohio and have been told by my Sales Manager that there are ZERO mustang allocation in our district which I think he said was the Pittsburgh region? He has spoken with his district manager about it and they are saying July for me as well.

It's pretty frustrating and doesn't make much sense because the selection of Mustangs around here isn't very good so I'm not sure why they wouldn't build customer orders. He told me the F150 is using up the 5.0's and since Ford sells a lot more trucks than Mustangs its not a high priority for Ford to build Mustangs instead of the F150.
Old 4/20/11, 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by 99mstng
I am in Ohio and have been told by my Sales Manager that there are ZERO mustang allocation in our district which I think he said was the Pittsburgh region? He has spoken with his district manager about it and they are saying July for me as well.

It's pretty frustrating and doesn't make much sense because the selection of Mustangs around here isn't very good so I'm not sure why they wouldn't build customer orders. He told me the F150 is using up the 5.0's and since Ford sells a lot more trucks than Mustangs its not a high priority for Ford to build Mustangs instead of the F150.
I live in NY and my car will be here 5/3/11. My dealer has already sold 3 012s off the lot. I would check with another dealer. sounds fishy to me
Old 4/20/11, 09:12 AM
GT Member

Yeah, allocation is dealer-specific, so I doubt there would ZERO allocation for an entire region/district.

Although, they might be giving preference to the sunny regions where Mustangs sell best, like Florida, California, and Texas.

Try other dealers. But you're still looking at a 6-8 week wait, so you probably wouldn't see it until mid-June or close to July anyway...

Sent via my Beam RapidSAT RST625 from your mother's basement
Old 4/20/11, 09:29 AM
Bullitt Member

Got antsy and called Ford Customer Service. My order is going on 10 weeks old and is still in processing. This is irritating. 6 to 8 weeks my behind. I'm gonna love this car but the way they're handling these orders is ridiculous.
Old 4/20/11, 09:45 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by 2012GrabbGT
Got antsy and called Ford Customer Service. My order is going on 10 weeks old and is still in processing. This is irritating. 6 to 8 weeks my behind. I'm gonna love this car but the way they're handling these orders is ridiculous.
I feel for you. It seems like a lot of people who ordered in the Dec 2010-Feb 2011 timeframe have had their orders fall by the wayside.

It seems those of us who ordered in the Mar 2011-Apr 2011 timeframe are having our orders progress along the typical 6-8 week schedule.

As long as you can get your deposit back, I would cancel and go with another dealer. Your order has made no progress so you basically have nothing to lose by starting at square one again.

Or you could ask your dealer to cancel your order and re-submit it.

I lurk at AFM, one guy placed an order in December and had heard nothing as of 1st week in April. Canceled his original order, went with a new dealer, and already has his VIN.

Things are not looking good for people who placed their orders before March. If you don't have your VIN by this Friday, take some serious action on Saturday (one of the two options I mentioned above). You're just needlessly torturing yourself otherwise.
Old 4/20/11, 10:01 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by PolishAmericanMustang

I feel for you. It seems like a lot of people who ordered in the Dec 2010-Feb 2011 timeframe have had their orders fall by the wayside.

It seems those of us who ordered in the Mar 2011-Apr 2011 timeframe are having our orders progress along the typical 6-8 week schedule.

As long as you can get your deposit back, I would cancel and go with another dealer. Your order has made no progress so you basically have nothing to lose by starting at square one again.

Or you could ask your dealer to cancel your order and re-submit it.

I lurk at AFM, one guy placed an order in December and had heard nothing as of 1st week in April. Canceled his original order, went with a new dealer, and already has his VIN.

Things are not looking good for people who placed their orders before March. If you don't have your VIN by this Friday, take some serious action on Saturday (one of the two options I mentioned above). You're just needlessly torturing yourself otherwise.
Noted... and this is torture. Oh, and i'm in Texas so there's no preferential treatment here. I think you're right about the before March orders though. Thanks.
Old 4/20/11, 10:17 AM
GT Member

My car is supposed to be built tomorrow from the info I've got from the window sticker, so all fingers are crossed, toes are crossed, whatever it takes but all the info I've gotten so far came from the great Deysha on the site here, dealer is of no help at all, gave me the V.I.N. on march 18th and nothing since, got all the rest on this site...
Can't wait to see if everything is OK for tomorrow.
I don't know if something changes on the window sticker once the car is ACTUALLY built?

Still waiting...This GT/CS will be polished to death!
Old 4/20/11, 10:29 AM

This no allocation does indeed sound odd to me. Had my parents call a dealer in Northport, LI and he said he could order 2012's and had not heard of any delays. Indeed it is odd and a shame all these folks who ordered well before me havent heard anything. I wonder why. It took all of about 2 weeks from order to get my VIN and then the window sticker. Many folks that ordered late March to early April all seem to be getting built next week. I really cant figure this out. Good luck to all of you still waiting for a VIN, hopefully you will hear something soon.
Old 4/20/11, 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by GT100e
I don't know if something changes on the window sticker once the car is ACTUALLY built?
Not that I can tell - assuming that mine is actually built, and not being sent as a kit to the dealer as HoosierDaddy said...

Last edited by balunr; 4/20/11 at 10:52 AM.
Old 4/20/11, 11:25 AM

2012 GT Premium Kona Blue with Saddle Leather, Electronics Package, Brembo Brakes, Glass Roof, Reverse Sensing, HID, Accessory Pkg 5 and 3.73:1 Rear End. Ordered April 4th. Got build date of April 28th and just printed window sticker yesterday.
Old 4/20/11, 11:55 AM
GT Member

Just great news that my car was sent to production for tomorrow april 21st 2011 Hope everything goes well ETA may 10th
Old 4/20/11, 02:39 PM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
My car is supposed to be built tomorrow from the info I've got from the window sticker, so all fingers are crossed, toes are crossed, whatever it takes but all the info I've gotten so far came from the great Deysha on the site here, dealer is of no help at all, gave me the V.I.N. on march 18th and nothing since, got all the rest on this site...
Can't wait to see if everything is OK for tomorrow.

Still waiting...This GT/CS will be polished to death!
Just great news that my car was sent to production for tomorrow april 21st 2011 Hope everything goes well ETA may 10th
Awww, thank you for the kind words GT100e!!

Deysha
Old 4/20/11, 02:57 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Deysha is awesome!!!

Dealer originally gave me the wrong order number, and had changed it. She called my dealer to find the right order, and update me!!!

Could't ask for better customer service, especially with how busy she is on multiple forums.

Bravo!
Old 4/20/11, 03:49 PM

My car is now in Missouri. I could drive about 4 hours and go stare at the train it's on.

The dealer said it would probably be at the train yard for a while as they shuffle cars around.
Old 4/20/11, 04:36 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by balunr
My car is now in Missouri. I could drive about 4 hours and go stare at the train it's on.

The dealer said it would probably be at the train yard for a while as they shuffle cars around.
Well, it's here! They'll PDI it tomorrow and as per my instructions they will not install the plate bracket, leave all the plastics on the seats, and not wash it.

Brochures and pictures don't do it justice what an awesome looking car. Special thanks to Matt, Deysha, Cyberdman at Blue Oval Forums, and Scott the GM at Airport Ford Lincoln. Thanks for putting up with me and all my question. It was a long wait, but worth it

Here's a not so good picture. I'll get better one in a few days. Hang in there everyone else. the wait will soon be over.
Attached Thumbnails VIN, Build, Delivered: The 2012 Edition-p1030349.jpg  
Old 4/20/11, 05:30 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Stang-Par
Well, it's here! They'll PDI it tomorrow and as per my instructions they will not install the plate bracket, leave all the plastics on the seats, and not wash it.

Brochures and pictures don't do it justice what an awesome looking car. Special thanks to Matt, Deysha, Cyberdman at Blue Oval Forums, and Scott the GM at Airport Ford Lincoln. Thanks for putting up with me and all my question. It was a long wait, but worth it

Here's a not so good picture. I'll get better one in a few days. Hang in there everyone else. the wait will soon be over.
That's a fine picture. Great looking car. It must be a relief just knowing it's right there.
Old 4/20/11, 06:10 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Good looking car Stang-Par! I can't wait until mine gets here!!! Its soooo close
Old 4/20/11, 06:55 PM
GT Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Stang-Par

Looking good! Get us more pix, please!
Old 4/20/11, 06:58 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by EvilPeppard
Looking good! Get us more pix, please!

thanks all! Won't be long now for you guys and girls. I will definitely post more (and some better pictures).
Old 4/21/11, 04:08 AM
GT Member

Congrats!
At least I know they do build Mustangs for CANADA

Quick Reply: VIN, Build, Delivered: The 2012 Edition