Notices
2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Latest reason for the hold on GT's/Rumours on the Holds/Update on the Holds/Holds

Search this Thread

Old 6/4/10, 10:51 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Once the cars begin shipping we can have the mods delete all the rumor/hold threads... That will leave the 4 non-related threads in the shelby zone..
Old 6/4/10, 10:51 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by corvettedreamin
I don't think Guantanamo is your biggest concern. You should worry MUCH more if they send you to Ramp 51. I hear nothing leaves there.
That is correct!

Obama is closing Gitmo and sending them to Ramp 51.
Old 6/4/10, 10:52 AM
Mach 1 Member

You're torturing yourself. The people that we can talk to (dealers and customer service) don't know what's going on. Those who know (engineers and managers at AAI) aren't talking. The line about your car sharing something with the 5.0 and that being the reason for your car sitting at ramp 51 was just speculation on the part of the customer service rep. They don't get that kind of information on their screens.
Old 6/4/10, 10:54 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by stangfoeva

Ok, this is an honest question so don't get offended.

Why start a new thread for this as opposed posting it in one of the 1,000,000 other 'hold' threads?
If it's new info, then I want to see a new thread. I more annoyed having to page through all the old threads looking for new info.
Old 6/4/10, 10:57 AM
Mach 1 Member

He said the regional rep said that my car was on hold because it had a "common component" with the GT that was on hold and that ALL GT's had it (at least the ones that were produced and on hold.)

He could not tell me WHICH component or when the hold would be released.
For validation, I got this same exact information from my salesman last Friday. He couldn't tell me what the part was that was missing or when it would arrive. I haven't been harassing my salesman about it since it's out of his hands and Ford is obviously in no hurry. I just hope it arrives at some point.
Old 6/4/10, 10:59 AM
MOTM Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 2K3 Mach
If it's new info, then I want to see a new thread. I more annoyed having to page through all the old threads looking for new info.
I'll give you that but its not really any new info, its just more BS from Ford CS and the delearships.

Plus it pushes other threads back and people don't notice them. It also inevitably causes people to ask questions that have already been answered in the related thread. And it wastes bandwith.
Old 6/4/10, 11:03 AM
FR500 Member

The A-pillar trim has been mentioned here. That is definitely common between the V6 and the GT.
Old 6/4/10, 11:10 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
I was going to suggest the air compressor that fills the tires but then I remembered the tank tread equipt version which wouldn't be affected.
Old 6/4/10, 11:11 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by HokieCodeMonkey
Good news that no updates doesn't necessarily mean no car. Also, wise of you not to strap in behind a 5.0 with anything in your system.

Oh i learned my lesson--------

I actually got on a crotch rocket when i was bombed one nite when i was 22YO-----wiped out my cousins brand new yellow Ducati-----

Luckily i wasnt hurt other than some scratches, and it was in his developmnt
Old 6/4/10, 11:12 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by PTRocks
The A-pillar trim has been mentioned here. That is definitely common between the V6 and the GT.
BINGO! Like I stated weeks ago! The Vendor that produces the A-Pillar is located in VA, I was told the first batch of pillars were shipped Tuesday, so hopefully once they get there, they can be installed and the cars will start shipping again!
Old 6/4/10, 11:19 AM
Banned

Take it with a grain of salt. Or the whole shaker.

Just spoke with my sales guy who refuses to call me back (occasionally he answers his phone).

He said the regional rep said that my car was on hold because it had a "common component" with the GT that was on hold and that ALL GT's had it (at least the ones that were produced and on hold.)

He could not tell me WHICH component or when the hold would be released.

I'm tired of this nonsense. I told him to get me a concrete answer on the problem or a REAL ETA for delivery or get me a check for $500. Deadline is end of next week.

So WHAT component of MY build is the same as on ALL GTs??? I'm simply at a loss for that one. Check my sig for my config.

So I follow up with Ford CS since I couldn't get through yesterday.

Same old excitement about my car, etc. But then said, "You ordered a GT?" Um, no. (long pause) "Well, I don't know then." (Again)

CSR said she'd escalate my issue since it's not the 5.0 hold and it could take up to 5 business days to get back to me (again... on top of the 5 they've spent on my last escalation and didn't call me back.)

I apologized to the CSR before going off and telling her how poorly I thought Ford was treating its paying customers and that all I really needed to stay a satisfied customer was either a real delivery estimate/date or the reason the cars being held that's not "final inspection" or "quality check".

Sorry, I'm venting. This is simply ridiculous.
"Breath in slowly-----breath out slowly"

Your car is on the way and your going love it
Old 6/4/10, 11:25 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by silverbull271
"Breath in slowly-----breath out slowly"

Your car is on the way and your going love it
https://themustangsource.com/showthread.php?t=483636

... I'm just sayin.
Old 6/4/10, 11:26 AM
Bullitt Member

i heard they were out of fasteners that hold the seat to the floorplan. i knew this car didnt have enough nuts.
Old 6/4/10, 11:30 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Evolution Performance
BINGO! Like I stated weeks ago! The Vendor that produces the A-Pillar is located in VA, I was told the first batch of pillars were shipped Tuesday, so hopefully once they get there, they can be installed and the cars will start shipping again!

My car started to be built yesterday. You think I'll get the A-Pillar in time?

Haha pwnt!

Last edited by jokerstars; 6/4/10 at 11:42 AM.
Old 6/4/10, 11:41 AM
GT Member

Heck, Jokerstars, you might get your car before any of us. Ronn
Old 6/4/10, 11:43 AM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Oh look another 'where's my car', 'hold', 'i'm gonna cancel my order' thread .....
Old 6/4/10, 11:46 AM
Banned

We all have our moments-------
Old 6/4/10, 11:46 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Boomer
Oh look another 'where's my car', 'hold', 'i'm gonna cancel my order' thread .....
Lock these **** threads already!
Old 6/4/10, 12:09 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Evolution Performance
Except there ARE cars being produced and released. A-pillar trim is common to ALL Mustangs. Clearly some Mustangs are being shipped.

I'm not saying there isn't an a-pillar trim problem -- I believe Evo Tech. What I'm saying is if it IS the a-pillar trim, why just my V6? It would be ALL V6's and ALL 5.0's. And all Shelbys. So, I don't think that's the common component. I'm still leaning toward the manual transmission/clutch since so few of those seem to be getting delivered.

Plus I have the stone interior and I'm pretty sure all GT's don't have the stone interior. . .
Old 6/4/10, 12:13 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Boomer
Irony: a useless post whining about an apparently useless thread.

Respectfully, Pete, you and Stangfoeva should get a room somewhere. This was NEW information. Not necessarily revolutionary in nature. I know most people here don't care about the V6 Mustang but I have been very curious how this "all 5.0's are on hold" has managed to delay my delivery.

Some folks here have been very good about posting information and corroborating information. Others just fail to add any value to the threads they don't like and simply whine about them.

If you don't like country music, change the station. If you don't like TV sitcoms, change the station. If you don't like "hold threads", don't read them.

Quick Reply: Latest reason for the hold on GT's/Rumours on the Holds/Update on the Holds/Holds