Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread

Search this Thread

Old 6/1/14, 06:16 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 100 Likes on 61 Posts
Originally Posted by JoeMidnight
ha-ha, maybe your car was the one exception. maybe there was a disgruntled employee that took one look at your car and thought to reduce the tread ware on your tires, did you check for rubber under your wheel wells hehehehehehe! totally kidding, that does suck though!
Thank you for kicking in my OCD.
Old 6/1/14, 06:22 PM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by VidPro
Thank you for kicking in my OCD.

Hehehehe! I'm totally kidding! I would imagine that security and surveillance around the plant would be tight, with no chance of something like that ever happening!
Old 6/1/14, 07:15 PM
Cobra Member

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts
One thing I have learned through this ordering processes is a word called Allocation.

The dealer has to have allocation to order a new car and the allocation to and when have it built and delivered. Mine told me they moved things around so I could get my car delivered a month early. So everyone waiting it can be done...

It is worth the wait. Good Luck to call..
Old 6/1/14, 07:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the kind words everyone!
Old 6/2/14, 08:19 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
My eta moved up to 6/19...uh oh lol, that's not good. I need more time for down payment!
Old 6/2/14, 08:52 AM
Cobra Member

this looks promising! if i could get a better idea from you Deysha, that would be much appreciated!
Attached Thumbnails 2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread-6-2-2014.jpg  
Old 6/2/14, 08:56 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by laserred38
My eta moved up to 6/19...uh oh lol, that's not good. I need more time for down payment!

I've been carpooling with a coworker in her 2004 chevy cobalt that has nearly 240,000KM on that bad boy. I'm VERY ready to get into my own ride.

My car that i'm using as a trade in has been sitting at the dealership because of the front passenger wheel starting knocking and didn't want to fix it just to drive it for a couple of months before getting rid of it!

Last edited by JoeMidnight; 6/2/14 at 08:56 AM. Reason: Typo's.
Old 6/2/14, 09:04 AM
Legacy TMS Member

I've been carpooling with a coworker in her 2004 chevy cobalt that has nearly 240,000KM on that bad boy. I'm VERY ready to get into my own ride. My car that i'm using as a trade in has been sitting at the dealership because of the front passenger wheel starting knocking and didn't want to fix it just to drive it for a couple of months before getting rid of it!
Been daily-ing my 05 Escape, so I'm ready for my car too, just want to have more cash to put down. As it is, I'll be paying the entire value of sales tax when I get it back to CA (ordered out of state), so that's like half my down payment right there! But in the life of the loan, I'd be paying less because if I rolled the tax into the financing, I'd be paying interest on sales tax, so it's okay in the long run...
Old 6/2/14, 09:11 AM
Cobra Member

Interesting! ford is financing my car at 4.99% from 5.69% and its an open loan. I can pay it anytime.... if and when i pick up the car and finalize the paperwork, i may just end up going with my bank, I've been preapproved for 3% I'll just end up switching everything after a couple of payments through fords financing.

They told me that because of the timing with the 2015 mustang, there could be some better incentive available at the time of getting my car. I'm hoping that they can sweeten the deal a bit more for me! if not, I'm happy with what i agreed to.
Old 6/2/14, 09:22 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Interesting! ford is financing my car at 4.99% from 5.69% and its an open loan. I can pay it anytime.... if and when i pick up the car and finalize the paperwork, i may just end up going with my bank, I've been preapproved for 3% I'll just end up switching everything after a couple of payments through fords financing. They told me that because of the timing with the 2015 mustang, there could be some better incentive available at the time of getting my car. I'm hoping that they can sweeten the deal a bit more for me! if not, I'm happy with what i agreed to.
Nice. Chase preapproved me for 5.9 but I'm a first time buyer, and my credit isn't as good as it used to be. That said, it's gone up 40 points since I ordered the car, so hopefully I might get down to about 4. That's what I was hoping for anyways...
Old 6/2/14, 09:35 AM
Cobra Member

Thats great!

My number one goal is to pay off this car as quickly as I able. I'm not going to spend a single dime on any upgrades other than snow tires (when the time comes) or tints. the faster i pay it off, the more i save on interest
Old 6/2/14, 09:57 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Thats great! My number one goal is to pay off this car as quickly as I able. I'm not going to spend a single dime on any upgrades other than snow tires (when the time comes) or tints. the faster i pay it off, the more i save on interest
Yeah same here, going to finance for longer period but pay off early. I would think that will bolster my credit too. I already have upgrades waiting though lol and I'll have to at least tint it and do the exhaust after that. Other than that, I can hold off on the major mods.
Old 6/2/14, 10:02 AM
Cobra Member

ha-ha, Nice!

I'm going from a 140HP 4 banger that weighed nearly as much as the mustang to a 305HP beast. that in itself is a Huge "mod" for me. That alone will keep me happy for a long time.
Old 6/2/14, 10:10 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Lol thanks, so she was born but is still in the nursery.
Lol! Yes, laserred38. It’s still in the nursery.

Thanks for the update, Deysha

Who do I have to call to just have them throw it on a flatbed and just drive it to me???
this looks promising! if i could get a better idea from you Deysha, that would be much appreciated!
You’re welcome, JoeMidnight! Lol! I’ll get back to your PM as soon as possible.

Originally Posted by lakeguy77
Thanks Deysha, as long as its on the train, I'm happy.
It sure is. It’ll get moving soon, lakeguy77.

Originally Posted by VidPro
Some crappy iPhone pics. Once I stripe it this week I'll get out the DSLR and try and get some good pics.
Very nice, VidPro!

Originally Posted by Jazzman442
I got my New Car... Pictures to follow. I was out driving all night. I just love this car trying to take it easy till I break it in...

Yea Deysha Thank you again for all that you have done..
Woo hoo! Congrats and you’re very welcome, Jazzman442!

Originally Posted by SGM SCOTT
The Black 2014 GT/SC has arrived! It was built on 5/15 and delivered to the dealership on 5/27. ...
Yeeeyyy!! Congrats, SGM SCOTT!

Originally Posted by Blownsnake93
3 days left on my "in transit" count down.. These 2 months have been extremely long
I feel for the guys that have been waiting longer.
I have so many mods waiting in my garage for my car that I think that's what makes it worse. I got to ahead of myself
It’s waiting on a truck to pick it up, Blownsnake93. Almost there.

Originally Posted by mrmilano12
Picked up Friday! Randomly showed up at the dealer Thursday night after going MIA, missing the deliver date and not being updated via COTUS or dealer getting info. Totally worth the wait (even though I still wish it came sooner)!
She is a beauty, mrmilano12! Congrats!!

Originally Posted by lancemb
Here is what mine had...it had 69 miles when I picked it up though.
Thank you for posting this, lancemb.

Deysha
Old 6/2/14, 11:27 AM
V6 Member

Yeah same here, going to finance for longer period but pay off early. I would think that will bolster my credit too. I already have upgrades waiting though lol and I'll have to at least tint it and do the exhaust after that. Other than that, I can hold off on the major mods.
Be VERY careful about your presumptions that paying off a loan early will strengthen your credit history and/or score(s). Depending upon your starting point, paying off a car loan quickly can have a negative impact upon your scores - especially in the short term since trade line duration is part of most scoring calculations. A positive trade line is almost always a good thing over the long term, but the near-term effects may not be what you expect.

Your best course of action would be to take the longest term possible to ensure your active profile shows the lowest payment possible. Then pay down, but not OFF, your loan and let it sit there until the cows come home.

I don't borrow money often so I need to finance the occasional car purchase just to keep a credit profile active. I have two vehicles that I borrowed $80K to purchase for which I've owed less than $20 since the first payment was due. They'll sit like that until they're paid off or I need the title to trade them.

Doing the same will ensure the best possible impact upon your immediate credit by reducing your loan/balance ratio, the mid-term by not needlessly shortening your loan duration and average age and the long term for all the above.

Unless their credit was absolute crap to begin with (which is VERY different from no credit) a lot of people needlessly shoot themselves in the foot by writing a check that's just $1 too big when they didn't really need their car titles.

Also, if you finance through a dealer, paying off a loan sooner than (usually) 4 months will hose them in terms of spiffs and F&I reserve.

Last edited by Remford; 6/2/14 at 11:29 AM.
Old 6/2/14, 11:31 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Remford
Be VERY careful about your presumptions that paying off a loan early will strengthen your credit history and/or score(s). Depending upon your starting point, paying off a car loan quickly can have a negative impact upon your scores - especially in the short term since trade line duration is part of most scoring calculations. A positive trade line is almost always a good thing over the long term, but the near-term effects may not be what you expect. Your best course of action would be to take the longest term possible to ensure your active profile shows the lowest payment possible. Then pay down, but not OFF, your loan and let it sit there until the cows come home. I don't borrow money often so I need to finance the occasional car purchase just to keep a credit profile active. I have two vehicles that I borrowed $80K to purchase for which I've owed less than $20 since the first payment was due. They'll sit like that until they're paid off or I need the title to trade them. Doing the same will ensure the best possible impact upon your immediate credit by reducing your loan/balance ratio, the mid-term by not needlessly shortening your loan duration and average age and the long term for all the above. Unless their credit was absolute crap to begin with (which is VERY different from no credit) a lot of people needlessly shoot themselves in the foot by writing a check that's just $1 too big when they didn't really need their car titles. Also, if you finance through a dealer, paying off a loan sooner than (usually) 4 months will hose them in terms of spiffs and F&I reserve.
Thank you so much for this. I was told there wouldn't be any penalty for paying off early, but the effects on credit history would obviously be an informal type of penalty! Thanks again, I will highly consider this information, and most likely do as you have. Pay down, but not pay off.
Old 6/2/14, 11:36 AM
Cobra Member

Yeah - I don't really know how credit is calculated in the United States. I do know what I've done and what has worked for us.

Make small or large purchases on your credit, doesn't matter. As long as you make the "mimimum payment" amount, you will have stellar credit. that's what i have always gone by and Our credit is very good.
Old 6/2/14, 02:32 PM
V6 Member

Thank you so much for this. I was told there wouldn't be any penalty for paying off early, but the effects on credit history would obviously be an informal type of penalty! Thanks again, I will highly consider this information, and most likely do as you have. Pay down, but not pay off.
You're welcome. Though the penalty hardly would be "informal". It's very real and stays with you until your average account age exceeds where you once were. How much of an effect is a matter of degree, but you'll ALWAYS be better off paying the same loan over a longer period than a short one (creditwise) and even more so if you can quickly reduce the principal - so much so that if building or maintaining credit is your goal, borrowing more than you need an immediately applying the surplus to principal can have yield a huge boost - presuming you have the income to support carrying the larger monthly payment.

The degree to which something affects your score will depend upon the scoring model used which is biased toward the kind of credit you seek. But the fundamental principles will always remain true (positive or negative) regardless.

Credit is like a car. It's not just about how big he engine may be. It requires ongoing maintenance to continue functioning as well as possible.
Old 6/2/14, 02:50 PM
Legacy TMS Member

You're welcome. Though the penalty hardly would be "informal". It's very real and stays with you until your average account age exceeds where you once were. How much of an effect is a matter of degree, but you'll ALWAYS be better off paying the same loan over a longer period than a short one (creditwise) and even more so if you can quickly reduce the principal - so much so that if building or maintaining credit is your goal, borrowing more than you need an immediately applying the surplus to principal can have yield a huge boost - presuming you have the income to support carrying the larger monthly payment.

The degree to which something affects your score will depend upon the scoring model used which is biased toward the kind of credit you seek. But the fundamental principles will always remain true (positive or negative) regardless.

Credit is like a car. It's not just about how big he engine may be. It requires ongoing maintenance to continue functioning as well as possible.
I meant informal being that it wouldn't be a fee imposed by the dealer's credit union on me at the end of the loan. Thanks again for the useful info though! Very helpful...
Old 6/2/14, 06:29 PM
Cobra Member

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts
Be VERY careful about your presumptions that paying off a loan early will strengthen your credit history and/or score(s). Depending upon your starting point, paying off a car loan quickly can have a negative impact upon your scores - especially in the short term since trade line duration is part of most scoring calculations. A positive trade line is almost always a good thing over the long term, but the near-term effects may not be what you expect.

Your best course of action would be to take the longest term possible to ensure your active profile shows the lowest payment possible. Then pay down, but not OFF, your loan and let it sit there until the cows come home.

I don't borrow money often so I need to finance the occasional car purchase just to keep a credit profile active. I have two vehicles that I borrowed $80K to purchase for which I've owed less than $20 since the first payment was due. They'll sit like that until they're paid off or I need the title to trade them.

Doing the same will ensure the best possible impact upon your immediate credit by reducing your loan/balance ratio, the mid-term by not needlessly shortening your loan duration and average age and the long term for all the above.

Unless their credit was absolute crap to begin with (which is VERY different from no credit) a lot of people needlessly shoot themselves in the foot by writing a check that's just $1 too big when they didn't really need their car titles.

Also, if you finance through a dealer, paying off a loan sooner than (usually) 4 months will hose them in terms of spiffs and F&I reserve.

RemFord it is very true. Paying off early gets you no extra points at all.

I am surprised by the interest rates I am seeing on this thread?

Ford had 0% to 1.9%.

My Credit Union gave me 1.5%.

Quick Reply: 2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread