Notices
2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2013 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread

Search this Thread

Old 9/11/12, 05:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good news! My Mustang has finally arrived at the dealer. I pick it up tomorrow afternoon. That means from the day I ordered to the day I pick it up is exactly 12 weeks. When I ordered it I was told by one person it would be 8-10 and another said 6-8. Remember, good things come to those who wait. I cant wait to get my 'stang on the road!

Jeff
Old 9/11/12, 06:21 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by UOP Shadow
Good morning Deysha,
Would love to get some more good news from you today!
Thank you.
Originally Posted by first-one
Hi Deysha!! Sent you a PM. How long was the plant closed? Have an awesome day!
I’ll get back to you guys soon. The plant was closed for 2 weeks.

Originally Posted by Snoopy49
Does anyone know the Flat Rock plant schedule for the rest of the year?
I heard they were going to be closed from the middle of November through the first week of January. Anyone have the dates?
I really doubt it’ll be closed for that long, Snoopy49.

Originally Posted by Masterminter
HI Deysha!
Sent you a PM. Any news is good news? Hopefully it's great news!
Thanks for putting up with all of us!
Nothing yet.

Originally Posted by f2redpot
Deysha,
Sent youa PM. By the time this is over I will have traded all the hair on my head for a few ulcers. I am a wreck with all the ambiguity.
LOL! Thanks. I’ll get back to you as soon as possible.

Originally Posted by JMK in CT
Good news! My Mustang has finally arrived at the dealer. I pick it up tomorrow afternoon. That means from the day I ordered to the day I pick it up is exactly 12 weeks. When I ordered it I was told by one person it would be 8-10 and another said 6-8. Remember, good things come to those who wait. I cant wait to get my 'stang on the road!
Jeff
Woo hoo! Congrats, JMK in CT.

Deysha
Old 9/11/12, 07:56 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
HI Deysha, did you get my PM regarding my order ?

Any update on the "supplier hold" for my order ?

Last edited by Dineau; 9/11/12 at 08:13 AM.
Old 9/11/12, 08:10 AM
GT Member

Deysha, since I've already contacted you and heard back, am I "on the list" of vehicles you're keeping tabs on? If so I'll just wait patiently for word on mine
Last status mine had an ETA of 11 days from now.

Sorry to pester you, but I have my current DD for sale, so info on an ETA is very helpful in planning how aggressive to get selling my current car.

THANKS!
Old 9/11/12, 09:31 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by FordCustomerService
I really doubt it’ll be closed for that long, Snoopy49.
Deysha
Just found out today that the Flat Rock plant will be closed for 3 weeks in November for retooling. Add this to the normal 2 weeks vacation time in December, and it doesn't look good for the Mustang production numbers.

From the article below.
Much of the retooling will be done during a three-week shutdown in November.

As it gears up for the future, Ford to add 1,200 workers in Flat Rock

Last edited by Snoopy49; 9/11/12 at 10:26 AM.
Old 9/11/12, 09:36 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by JMK in CT

Jeff
Why can't you pick it up today? Personal reasons or is it something on the dealers end?
Old 9/11/12, 09:37 AM
Banned

Question, my mustang comes with saddle leather and I always heard there's an extra delay on that awesome color option, is it still the case even though the plant just restocked on everything as of yesterday?
Old 9/11/12, 12:55 PM

Why wait?

Originally Posted by mopar?
Why can't you pick it up today? Personal reasons or is it something on the dealers end?
They wanted a day to prep the car. It came in late yesterday. It probably needs a good washing and they need to install a couple of items that the factory doesnt install. That would make it ready sometime tomorrow but I cant leave work until 4p.

Jeff
Old 9/11/12, 07:24 PM
Bullitt Member

Hello all new member here, long time lurker first time poster. Just ordered a new GT premium, grabber blue, recaros, glass roof, and brembo track pack. Was told delivery will be about 12 very long weeks. Hopefully it will come sooner or at least before the snow flies here ... Already started to order some bolt ons. Never expected this bug to bite so soon though, lol

Anyone know how soon after the order is placed that status can be tracked?
Old 9/11/12, 08:15 PM
Cobra Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by BluehazeGT
Hello all new member here, long time lurker first time poster. Just ordered a new GT premium, grabber blue, recaros, glass roof, and brembo track pack. Was told delivery will be about 12 very long weeks. Hopefully it will come sooner or at least before the snow flies here ... Already started to order some bolt ons. Never expected this bug to bite so soon though, lol

Anyone know how soon after the order is placed that status can be tracked?
You can start tracking your order as soon as you get your DORA. If you start checking too soon though, it will drive you CRAZY!!!
Old 9/11/12, 09:04 PM

Talking

One last update for this thread. My new girl with stripes.

Good luck to all those waiting on your Mustang. It's worth the wait!
Hope you all enjoy yours as much as I do mine.
Attached Images     
Old 9/11/12, 09:21 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by SKID1701

She looks great!
Old 9/11/12, 10:22 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I like the red/white!
Old 9/12/12, 05:16 AM
Bullitt Member

Hi all. New to the forum.

I ordered my car on August 2, 2012. Didn't know what I was in for. I was willing to wait but didn't realize how tough this wait was going to be. I had no idea this is what it takes to get a Mustang the way you want it.

Sent you a pm Deysha with the wrong info first, then corrected that info today.

I hear the plant was closed for two weeks. I read in the paper that the Mazda 6 will now be built exclusively in Japan and that the factory is being retooled to build the 2013 Fusion. Does that mean all orders are being pushed back two weeks? After finding this thread I was getting hopeful of an 8 week delivery after being told 6-8 weeks by the salesman.

I also read the paint process is being changed. Will the newest Mustangs be given, if I have this right, the three step wet dip process? Maybe someone here can clarify.
Old 9/12/12, 06:56 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by UOP Shadow

You can start tracking your order as soon as you get your DORA. If you start checking too soon though, it will drive you CRAZY!!!
Thanks UOP Shadow. I think your probably right I guess I'm just trying to convince myself that this is really happening. Been a long time coming
Old 9/12/12, 06:56 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Dineau
HI Deysha, did you get my PM regarding my order ?
Any update on the "supplier hold" for my order ?
Sent you a response yesterday, Dineau.

Originally Posted by JoesCat
Deysha, since I've already contacted you and heard back, am I "on the list" of vehicles you're keeping tabs on? If so I'll just wait patiently for word on mine
Last status mine had an ETA of 11 days from now.
Yes, but you have to PM me when you want an update.

Originally Posted by Snoopy49
Just found out today that the Flat Rock plant will be closed for 3 weeks in November for retooling. Add this to the normal 2 weeks vacation time in December, and it doesn't look good for the Mustang production numbers.
Just read this as well. Production will be ok.

Originally Posted by mopar?
Question, my mustang comes with saddle leather and I always heard there's an extra delay on that awesome color option, is it still the case even though the plant just restocked on everything as of yesterday?
Your ride is already scheduled. You’re fine.

Hello all new member here, long time lurker first time poster. Just ordered a new GT premium, grabber blue, recaros, glass roof, and brembo track pack. Was told delivery will be about 12 very long weeks.
Congrats on your new order, BluehazeGT. PM me with your dealer’s name and order number so I can help.

Originally Posted by SKID1701
Gorgeous!!

Originally Posted by chessmanmark
I ordered my car on August 2, 2012. Didn't know what I was in for. I was willing to wait but didn't realize how tough this wait was going to be. I had no idea this is what it takes to get a Mustang the way you want it.
Sent you a pm Deysha with the wrong info first, then corrected that info today.
No problem, chessmanmark. Thanks and congrats! I’ll get back to your as soon as possible.

Deysha
Old 9/12/12, 07:09 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by chessmanmark

I also read the paint process is being changed. Will the newest Mustangs be given, if I have this right, the three step wet dip process? Maybe someone here can clarify.
Where did you find the information on this new 3 stage paint process? I am also curious about this.
Old 9/12/12, 07:17 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by FordCustomerService

Congrats on your new order, BluehazeGT. PM me with your dealer’s name and order number so I can help.

Deysha
Thanks Deysha, I sent you a PM with order and dealer info. I know it is early, but just need to know it is really in process
Old 9/12/12, 11:09 AM
Bullitt Member

Where did you find the information on this new 3 stage paint process? I am also curious about this.
I read an article about this yesterday. The article mentioned that it is making the change for the environment. I'm not sure where I read it, but found it mentioned in this link after a quick Google search. I wanted to know why the plant was shut down for two weeks after reading about that in this thread.

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...hip-with-Mazda

"Ford will also upgrade the plant's paint shop to a paint process that allows paint to be applied while a previous layer is still wet and with less manual intervention."
Old 9/12/12, 11:13 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by MikeD73USA
Out of some miracle, car was delivered Friday night. Picked it up this Saturday. Here's some pics.

Attachment 119009

Attachment 119010

Attachment 119012

Attachment 119013

Attachment 119014

Attachment 119015

Thanks to Deysha and Jeff 05fordgt, for their help, and lending an ear. You two really rock!

Take Care!

Mike D.
The car is AMAZING Mike!!! I'm glad I could help you out!!! Give me a call when you have some time. Enjoy it buddy!!!

Jeff

Quick Reply: 2013 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread