2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2013 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread

Search this Thread

Old 9/26/12, 07:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Deysha,
Hoping you can help me out on tracking my order. This VIN is 1ZVBP8CF4D5253766. The dealer is saying an ETA of next week, I was hoping for some more detail.
Old 9/26/12, 08:27 AM
GT Member

Talking

Originally Posted by UOP Shadow
Now now, my grandma always said you catch more flies with honey than you do with vinegar.
Wise advice, at least in step one.

What I do is first try to get make them want to see things my way - the classic win/win is always the best result.

Barring that, then it's time to press hard; not evil hard, it's delicate. Have a firm front, hopefully backed up by facts and a situation you are presenting that's reasonable. Your attitude should convey that you're not willing to back down easily. Maybe they'll cave since it appears to be an easier path. Usually ends up as a neutral/win.

People hate to lose. But, if you must, use leverage that you have. Maybe you have a way to MAKE them see your way. It might be the best outcome for you, but it's not likely to be a happy outcome for them. Life happens, and they might just have to deal with it.

Getting a bit off topic there, I apologize. Entirely on topic, I picked mine up yesterday! Ordered 8/6, received 9/25 (arrived late 9/24). I'm in SE Michigan, so transport time was same day. A GT, if that helps anyone track typical build times through August / September. I ordered from a large dealership.

Before anyone asks, no pics yet. It needs some TLC, a good coating or two of Zaino, ima gonna make that paint absolutely gleem. Hopefully this weekend if work doesn't get too demanding coming up . . .

It's been said "it's worth the wait" . . . 6-8 weeks as being quoted when I ordered is entirely in the range of worth the wait.

Thanks as always Deysha for your tracking!

Last edited by JoesCat; 9/26/12 at 08:28 AM.
Old 9/26/12, 10:55 AM
Cobra Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by mopar?
Let's see, sent into production. Hmmm maybe it means <blah blah blah>.

Mine was"sent into production" this monday and it means it is being made. I don't know how long it takes for your gt500 but for other cars it seems like 3-4 days.
Oh... you're "that" guy. Thanks.

Originally Posted by FordCustomerService
Nice!
Do you know how many times you’ve had me shaking my head? LOL! Ok, “in production” includes the whole production process. It was just sent into the plant for production yesterday, so nothing will happen until a few days before the build date, where it’ll go down the line and finish on that date.

Deysha
Sorry my ignorance seems annoying. I don't know the relation between "sent to production" & the build date. Your latest post gives me the info I needed.

My concern is that that car is built sooner than the 10/1 build date & delivered sooner to the dealer. I absolutely don't want it at their location 1 second longer than it has to be there because I am not expecting them to call me when it comes in. Not that I don't trust this dealer. It's just that based on how he has handled the customer service part of this deal, I don't trust the dealer.
Old 9/26/12, 10:57 AM
Bullitt Member

Thanks again Deysha and crew for baby sitting us freaks while we jones for our cars. I can affirm it's agonizing while you wait, but it will all work out. When I finally saw my car my heart skipped a beat and I was stoked. All that misery quickly passes and as each order said before me, which pissed me off, it was worth the wait. Brought it home an hour ago.

Thanks for the support all and good luck with your deliveries.
Attached Thumbnails 2013 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread-image-3392231505.jpg  
Old 9/26/12, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by chessmanmark
Thanks again Deysha and crew for baby sitting us freaks while we jones for our cars. I can affirm it's agonizing while you wait, but it will all work out. When I finally saw my car my heart skipped a beat and I was stoked. All that misery quickly passes and as each order said before me, which pissed me off, it was worth the wait. Brought it home an hour ago.

It is a beauty. Congratulations!!! And thanks for the encouraging words. Enjoy it. We follow... Sooner than later.
Old 9/26/12, 02:34 PM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by mustangmjb
Deysha,
Hoping you can help me out on tracking my order. The dealer is saying an ETA of next week, I was hoping for some more detail.
I sent you a PM, mustangmjb.

Originally Posted by JoesCat
Getting a bit off topic there, I apologize. Entirely on topic, I picked mine up yesterday! Ordered 8/6, received 9/25 (arrived late 9/24). I'm in SE Michigan, so transport time was same day. A GT, if that helps anyone track typical build times through August / September. I ordered from a large dealership.
It's been said "it's worth the wait" . . . 6-8 weeks as being quoted when I ordered is entirely in the range of worth the wait.

Thanks as always Deysha for your tracking!
You’re very welcome and congrats, JoesCat!!

Sorry my ignorance seems annoying. I don't know the relation between "sent to production" & the build date. Your latest post gives me the info I needed.

My concern is that that car is built sooner than the 10/1 build date & delivered sooner to the dealer. I absolutely don't want it at their location 1 second longer than it has to be there because I am not expecting them to call me when it comes in. Not that I don't trust this dealer. It's just that based on how he has handled the customer service part of this deal, I don't trust the dealer.
Don’t worry, UOP Shadow. I’ll walk you all the way till it arrives.

Originally Posted by chessmanmark
You’re very welcome, chessmanmark! That’s one nice looking ride you got there.

Deysha
Old 9/26/12, 05:37 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,286 Likes on 1,705 Posts
Thanks for the update Deysha! Now the tracking begins for arrival!
Old 9/27/12, 02:21 AM

Deysha, you've got PM
Old 9/27/12, 06:48 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Mickstang
Hey, mopar?-- Having been tipped off about that brochure coupon ($750) here on the forum, I requested a copy, which I received a couple weeks later... but no coupon. They offered me an alternative finance rate (but I'm paying cash), and mentioned the $1000 rebate (which my dealer had already deducted on my order form), but no $750 for the aftermarkets. Just the way my luck runs.
Mention it and ask for it at your dealer. I got lucky and 1st brochure had one. Then I got $750 "coupon" in the mail, obviously because I had filled out webforms shopping for the Mustang - so try doing that real quick. But, when I mentioned the coupons to my dealer, he had already taken the $750 off, I didn't use either of them. You can only get it once of course, the various ways to lop off $750 is not additive.

Good luck! You WILL get that deal!
Old 9/27/12, 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by Mustang Freak
Thanks for the update Deysha! Now the tracking begins for arrival!
You’re welcome.

Originally Posted by boardkat
Deysha, you've got PM
Thanks. I’ll get back to you as soon as possible.

Deysha
Old 9/27/12, 10:52 AM

Hey Deysha... just want to make sure you got my PM... thanks
Old 9/27/12, 10:53 AM
Cobra Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by FordCustomerService
Don’t worry, UOP Shadow. I’ll walk you all the way till it arrives.
Deysha
Thanks Deysha... one more week to go!

Got the window sticker today... Looks like the build date is 10/3 instead of 10/1.

Last edited by UOP Shadow; 9/27/12 at 11:38 AM.
Old 9/27/12, 12:48 PM
V6 Member

Thank You To The Most Divine Deysha!
I have my VIN!! Estimated build date of 10/22. I feel blessed!
Thank you!!
Old 9/27/12, 12:54 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Masterminter
Thank you!!
when did you order?
Old 9/27/12, 01:16 PM
Mach 1 Member

Anyone else's shipping get delayed? How long did you have to end up waiting? I'm a little upset that my car is complete but it's sitting somewhere.
Old 9/27/12, 01:30 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by mopar?
when did you order?
I ordered on May 25. Locked in by Ford on July 13. VIN today 9/27. Estimated build of 10/22.
Old 9/27/12, 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by Phillie82
Hey Deysha... just want to make sure you got my PM... thanks
I did and I sent you an update.

Thanks Deysha... one more week to go!
Got the window sticker today... Looks like the build date is 10/3 instead of 10/1.
Woo hoo!

Originally Posted by Masterminter
Thank you!!
Haha! You’re very welcome.

Deysha
Old 9/27/12, 04:42 PM
lug

Deysha has informed me my ride has entered the production today and hopefully I'll see it the week of the 11th of October. It's time to start shopping for winter shoes.
Old 9/27/12, 05:03 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Rando
Anyone else's shipping get delayed? How long did you have to end up waiting? I'm a little upset that my car is complete but it's sitting somewhere.
I originally was told the car would come in on Saturday, then it got pushed back to Thursday, but the car came in on Monday. I needed to get a check from the bank and decided not to go on Saturday, then wished I had later. My advice, if you can't get a day off during the week, is have your check ready.
Old 9/27/12, 06:37 PM
GT Member

first pics

Got one coat of Zaino Z-2 applied before winter, whew! Hopefully a second coat if the weather and available time is in my favor.

My camera's decent, though it was full sun today making Candy Red look lighter and flatter than it is in person.

And the peril of it now being very very shiny - it's reflecting everything in the area. Still, the car's entirely clean and is happy to be home!

Name:  IMG_9022.jpg
Views: 90
Size:  185.6 KB

Name:  IMG_9024.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  83.5 KB

Name:  IMG_9042.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  146.1 KB

Name:  IMG_9037.jpg
Views: 69
Size:  152.7 KB