2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2013 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread

Search this Thread

Old 9/21/12, 07:51 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Im going on 13 weeks, car has not been built yet..
Old 9/21/12, 10:10 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
So... we have a nice mix of happy campers and unhappy campers. Put me in the frowny face tent, troop leader.
Old 9/22/12, 11:02 AM
Bullitt Member

Yep..was promised 8 to 10 weeks.. not happy. I will be very lucky if it arrives before the snow does
Old 9/22/12, 11:58 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by John Besselman
Hey guys. I just wanted to give some kudos to my dealer. I have received consistent updates. When I ordered, he told me Sept 18th, but then a couple weeks ago, after I recevied the window sticker, he said Sept 24th. Lo and behold, I got an email today saying that it was on his tracking sheet for their latest inbound inventory and is currently on a rail car preparing to leave Michigan. He was honest and let me know that he has seen delays due to weather, delivery truck break down, etc...

He said he would contact me again on Monday. I must say this has been by far the best car buying experience... so far. Next I have to go to the finance office! LOL
You are very fortunate. When I call my dealer I have to inform him of where the car is and when it is going to be delivered. Thank god for Deysha!
Old 9/22/12, 12:18 PM
WAL

Originally Posted by Mickstang
So... we have a nice mix of happy campers and unhappy campers. Put me in the frowny face tent, troop leader.
LOL!!! Nice to see some of us can still have a sense of humor after being in this process for what seems like eons.............
Old 9/22/12, 12:27 PM
WAL

Originally Posted by chessmanmark
You are very fortunate. When I call my dealer I have to inform him of where the car is and when it is going to be delivered. Thank god for Deysha!
^That!
Old 9/22/12, 01:17 PM
Cobra Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
HA! My dealer won't even take my calls. Or answer my emails. Or see me in person when I drive >20 miles to talk to him in person.
Old 9/22/12, 01:39 PM
Bullitt Member

Basically same situation here. My salesman sent me a text a few days ago saying that they have received the VIN for the car finally..

I replied "ya i got that 2 weeks ago already." Thanks deysha!
Old 9/22/12, 04:23 PM

smoke and mirrors

Deysha,

Sent you a PM about my order. My dealer is still singing the same tune about the incredibly optimistic "timeline" for my build. I guess he is just reading from some weekly printout the zone rep sends him.

F2Redpot
Old 9/22/12, 04:58 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Well look on the bright side, a new 2013 Mustang makes a great Christmas present to yourself!
Old 9/22/12, 08:48 PM

Anyone have a clue what the current time is on a build?

I'm currently stuck with a rental car that the insurance will stop paying for on Oct 5th, and I'm certain that I'm going to have to order a Mustang to get exactly what I want. I will be able to get by while waiting, but as always the sooner the better.

Today I heard from a local dealer that Brembo equipped cars are on back order from the factory, but I'm going to consider that typical salesman BS until I hear from someone really in the know.
Old 9/22/12, 08:59 PM
Cobra Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Hahaha... You trust the opinion of random strangers more than the salesman @ a Ford dealership. What does that tell you Ford?

"Taste it mule!"
Old 9/22/12, 09:32 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by WAL
LOL!!! Nice to see some of us can still have a sense of humor after being in this process for what seems like eons.............
I'm an old man, WAL. I've spent a good bit of my life waiting for something or another. Not my first rodeo.
Old 9/22/12, 09:44 PM
WAL

I'm an old man, WAL. I've spent a good bit of my life waiting for something or another. Not my first rodeo.
Right there with you brother. Keep on ridin'.........
Old 9/22/12, 10:03 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Auto426

I'm currently stuck with a rental car that the insurance will stop paying for on Oct 5th, and I'm certain that I'm going to have to order a Mustang to get exactly what I want. I will be able to get by while waiting, but as always the sooner the better.

Today I heard from a local dealer that Brembo equipped cars are on back order from the factory, but I'm going to consider that typical salesman BS until I hear from someone really in the know.
2 months is the average time, plant will be closed for half of november too so you chose the worst time to order. Just pick one from the dealer or drive out 200 miles if you have to.
Old 9/23/12, 11:01 AM
GT Member

Me too. My salesperson has NEVER contacted me, even as status changes. He only responds to each contact I make of him.

He said he'd call when my car arrives - I doubt he'll even do that promptly, and it was due a couple of days ago based on last estimated ETA.

Sure I'm anxious to pick it up. Also, this is going to be a busy week so I already know I have limited time to do the deal. Plus, I don't want it sitting around their lot as a temptation for test drives and such.
Old 9/23/12, 12:59 PM

Shelby

Ordered mine July 8th, just got the vin number friday. no other info.
Old 9/24/12, 07:28 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by mopar?
Got my window sticker today, build date is sept 27th
Hoping to get an ETA from Deysha, I'm excited
Your new ETA is 10/21/2012.

Originally Posted by UOP Shadow
Weekly requests for updates show much more patience than daily requests for updates. <baby steps>

Thank you Deysha. As long as your weekly updates are "no change" then I'm a happy guy.
LOL! I got you, UOP Shadow.

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
I've given up on updates. Nothing changes. Maybe Ford will make me a car. I don't know at this point.
Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
No I'm sorry. Mine is a Shelby.
If I had to wait that long for a GT/CS I'd be livid. Sometimes I wonder if Ford is in the business to sell cars or not.
Your dealer sucks and so does your luck TBH, if I were you, I'd go out and buy one somewhere else or cancel the order.
I haven’t received any PMs from you, 2k7gtcs. Send me another one and we can see what happens this week.

Please remember, the Shelby is part of our Specialty Vehicle line and production/availability can vary from the typical ordering time frames.

Quick question, is train faster than truck(convoy) for delivery? I'm in florida so I'm just wondering.
Originally Posted by MyStang2010GB
your car will be put on train until it gets to it railway distribution point in Florida where it will be loaded on a truck and delivered to your dealer
Exactly what MyStang2010GB said, mopar?.

No, I was told it is coming. It was reported in Allentown a few days ago heading north.
It’s there, it’s there, it’s there!!

It was six weeks ago today that I ordered my coupe.
Maybe this is your week, Mickstang. Make sure to send me a PM.

Originally Posted by mfc133
I ordered 8/20 and still in "Order Processing". Wondering if it has to do with everything going on at the Flat Rock plant recently (Mazda pulling out, Fusion coming in, etc.).
I’ll get back to your PM with good news as soon as possible.

Originally Posted by Cobra99
Hi Deysha,
Send you a PM can you check agaiin?
Thanks
Thanks, Cobra99.

Originally Posted by John Besselman
Hey guys. I just wanted to give some kudos to my dealer. I have received consistent updates.
It should get there this week, John Besselman.

Originally Posted by Supra
Im going on 13 weeks, car has not been built yet..
It’ll finish building tomorrow, Supra.

Originally Posted by WAL
^That!
Originally Posted by UOP Shadow
HA! My dealer won't even take my calls. Or answer my emails. Or see me in person when I drive >20 miles to talk to him in person.
Originally Posted by Supra
Basically same situation here. My salesman sent me a text a few days ago saying that they have received the VIN for the car finally..
I replied "ya i got that 2 weeks ago already." Thanks deysha!
Thank you, guys.

Originally Posted by f2redpot
Deysha,
Sent you a PM about my order.
Got it, f2redpot.

Originally Posted by Auto426
It all depends on what and where you order from, anywhere from 8-15 weeks (average). Speak to your Sales Manager and PM me with your dealer’s name and order number once you place it so I can help you track it, Auto426.

Originally Posted by JoesCat
Me too. My salesperson has NEVER contacted me, even as status changes. He only responds to each contact I make of him.
It hasn’t shipped out yet.

Originally Posted by ottis
Ordered mine July 8th, just got the vin number friday. no other info.
No worries. You’ll get the rest of the info as soon as I get to your PM, ottis.

Deysha
Old 9/24/12, 07:42 AM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,253 Likes on 1,679 Posts
Hi Deysha,

How about the Masterminter and myself any further updates? My window sticker said blend date of 9/26/12.
Old 9/24/12, 08:04 AM
Mach 1 Member

Hi Deysha, add me also to your list of upates !

Thanks,

Quick Reply: 2013 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread