Old 9/2/12, 03:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My GT is finally home.

I love it.
Old 9/2/12, 07:43 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,252 Likes on 1,678 Posts
Originally Posted by JoesCat
Reviewing my generated window sticker, I noticed the method of transportation is "convoy". On noes - I won't be the first person to drive my car?!

I'm sure they drive Mustang's a lot and pretty bored with 'em, but still. Maybe it's better than potential damage being loaded / unloaded on a car carrier. And definitely better than by train, still with a loading / unloading risk plus rail dust.
Hey, I talked to my sales manager about the convoy. He said that doesn't mean they drive your car. He said years ago during a car carrier strike they did that but only one time.
Old 9/3/12, 11:52 AM
V6 Member

Hi Deysha,
Sent you a PM. I hope I am not bugging you too much! Thank you!
Hans
Old 9/4/12, 06:24 AM
Cobra Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Good morning Deysha. I sent you a pm this morning. Don't laugh too hard when you read it. I recommend NOT taking a big swig of coffee just when you open it up.

Thanks & have a groovy day.
Old 9/4/12, 06:37 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by WAL
Deysha,
Thank you so much for the great news today. After 4 and 1/2 months, I've got a VIN, scheduled to build and an ETA. Just super!!! You've made my weekend!!!
You’re very welcome!

Originally Posted by 91svtbird
I called SVT they said it is still unscheduled and the plant is closed now until Sept 10th. That means it cannot receive any updates at least until after the plant reopens.

Does anyone here who works at the AAI plant know if is possible for me to change my order (add the NAV option) while the order is in the plant
You should be able to make changes through your dealer since it hasn’t scheduled yet, 91svtbird.

Originally Posted by minesh
Thanks everyone! Here are some pix!
Will send more pix as I can. THanks Deysha and everyone! I love her.
You’re welcome, minesh. Congrats again!

Originally Posted by JoesCat
Reviewing my generated window sticker, I noticed the method of transportation is "convoy". On noes - I won't be the first person to drive my car?!
Convoy means it’s going by truck. Technically, no one is the first person to drive their vehicle. Someone has to drive it onto the truck or rail car.

Originally Posted by chas_svo
I love it.
Gorgeous!

Originally Posted by Masterminter
Hi Deysha,
Sent you a PM. I hope I am not bugging you too much! Thank you!
Hans
Not a lot, just a little bit… LOL! I’ll get back to you as soon as possible.

Originally Posted by UOP Shadow
Good morning Deysha. I sent you a pm this morning. Don't laugh too hard when you read it. I recommend NOT taking a big swig of coffee just when you open it up.
Thanks & have a groovy day.
Point taken. I’ll get back to you as soon as possible, UOP Shadow.

Deysha
Old 9/4/12, 09:14 AM
GT Member

Vehicle sitting in area 51 getting covered by rail dust since 8/1. 5 different answers from different ford people on why it has not shipped yet. One month to drive the car, October, due to my schedules, then put away till march. Should I pull the plug on it and order a 14?
Old 9/4/12, 11:06 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by MikeD73USA
Vehicle sitting in area 51 getting covered by rail dust since 8/1. 5 different answers from different ford people on why it has not shipped yet. One month to drive the car, October, due to my schedules, then put away till march. Should I pull the plug on it and order a 14?
Mike,
When did you order? I am still waiting on vin and build. Ordered 5/20-3rd allocation. I say stay with it as I will and am. I dont want a '14. I have heard bad things about the rail dust but that is why I say have your dealership clean it and then spend a couple of hours at the dealership inspecting thewhole car before you sign for final delivery. The ones who decide to have the dealership "not touch it" and clean it themeselves might have a problem if there is a problem with any blemishes or rail dust issues. My dealership does not have the "regular" company who does their lot cars detail the GT500's(I requested this as well).They have a high end company do this. I live in Orlando so there are many companies like this. In a smaller town you may not have this option. Well, I hope you have it soon or whatever you decide. I can't believe it's been sitting in the rail yard for a month! I would get on the horn! Luckily, we can drive our cars all year. Sorry, didn't mean to rub that in!
Hans
Old 9/4/12, 11:45 AM
GT Member

Mike,
When did you order? I am still waiting on vin and build. Ordered 5/20-3rd allocation. I say stay with it as I will and am. I dont want a '14. I have heard bad things about the rail dust but that is why I say have your dealership clean it and then spend a couple of hours at the dealership inspecting thewhole car before you sign for final delivery. The ones who decide to have the dealership "not touch it" and clean it themeselves might have a problem if there is a problem with any blemishes or rail dust issues. My dealership does not have the "regular" company who does their lot cars detail the GT500's(I requested this as well).They have a high end company do this. I live in Orlando so there are many companies like this. In a smaller town you may not have this option. Well, I hope you have it soon or whatever you decide. I can't believe it's been sitting in the rail yard for a month! I would get on the horn! Luckily, we can drive our cars all year. Sorry, didn't mean to rub that in!
Hans
Wow!!! You must have ordered a gt500 I take it? I have read lots of delays with those even getting a vin.

Ford got the order on 6/11, vin 7/15, built 8/1. Was told 6/8 weeks delivered, 8 worst case. I was told different reasons why it had not moved, by various ford people.

Good luck on yours! That gt500 is amazing. I think SVT should have their own only build day for that money.

Mike

Last edited by MikeD73USA; 9/4/12 at 12:16 PM.
Old 9/4/12, 12:18 PM
Banned

Mike,
Hans
Haha your car will most likely come with mine as we live an hour away, mine comes early october but it's no gt500
Old 9/4/12, 01:58 PM

Wow, guess I found the right place. I ordered mine on June 20. The last I heard it was supposed to be at the dealer on Sept 12. Its apparently sitting on a rail car somewhere in Ohio. From there its supposedly heads to Rhoad Island where the put it on a truck and send it to CT. Unfortunately I didnt have the cash for the GT so I got the V6 with the Pony Package. Im just getting tired of waiting!!
Old 9/4/12, 02:28 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by JMK in CT
Wow, guess I found the right place. I ordered mine on June 20. The last I heard it was supposed to be at the dealer on Sept 12. Its apparently sitting on a rail car somewhere in Ohio. From there its supposedly heads to Rhoad Island where the put it on a truck and send it to CT. Unfortunately I didnt have the cash for the GT so I got the V6 with the Pony Package. Im just getting tired of waiting!!
I hear ya! I just got another call from a new rep stating no holds on the car, and NO news since 8/6.
Old 9/4/12, 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by MikeD73USA
I’m hoping it gets moving this week, MikeD73USA.

Originally Posted by JMK in CT
Welcome, JMK in CT! You can PM me with your dealer’s name and order number so I can track your order as well.

Deysha
Old 9/4/12, 03:27 PM

Deysha-
Thank you so much for all of your updates and help on my Shelby! You just PM'd me that it should be at the dealer today. I called them, they said no sign of it yet...but then asked me to hold just a minute since a truck was just pulling up to the lot. Sure enough, it was on the back of the truck!!!
Thanks again for your help and helping out all of us on this forum!!
Jim
Old 9/4/12, 06:07 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by CHDS PNY
Upgraded
Congrats... I was away.. Good to see you got her..
Old 9/4/12, 09:40 PM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by GreenCars

Congrats... I was away.. Good to see you got her..
Thanks green cars!
Old 9/5/12, 01:14 AM

Need help in Afghanistan

Hello Everyone,

I ordrered my GT500 on 27 July. The printout that the dealer gave me says:

Dealer: F23073
Order No: 2132
Priority: 19

I believe that my order may not be one of his "allocations". Can anyone help me find out where I can get any info on my order? I am deployed to Afghanistan right now, so it isn't exactly easy to visit or call the dealer.

Thanks.

F2Redpot
Old 9/5/12, 04:47 AM

I've been googling for a thread like this one. Anyone order in August receive confirmation or ship dates on their rides yet? I ordered mine and am still waiting for more word besides the specs I wanted. My dealer is f72435 in livermore california and my priority is 80 and order number is 5555 (hope that's not bad luck)!

Anyone know an estimate wait for priority 80? Lol

Last edited by jjwon3; 9/5/12 at 04:50 AM.
Old 9/5/12, 05:56 AM

Originally Posted by jms66
Deysha-
Thank you so much for all of your updates and help on my Shelby! You just PM'd me that it should be at the dealer today. I called them, they said no sign of it yet...but then asked me to hold just a minute since a truck was just pulling up to the lot. Sure enough, it was on the back of the truck!!!
Thanks again for your help and helping out all of us on this forum!!
Jim
Woot woot! Congrats, jms66.

Originally Posted by f2redpot
Hello Everyone,
I ordrered my GT500 on 27 July. The printout that the dealer gave me says:
Thanks.
F2Redpot
I received your PM, f2redpot. I’ll get back to you as soon as possible.

Originally Posted by jjwon3
I've been googling for a thread like this one. Anyone order in August receive confirmation or ship dates on their rides yet?
Welcome to the madness, jjwon3! I received your PM and will get back to you soon. Will you please send me when you placed your order and the model/color/options?

Deysha
Old 9/5/12, 07:02 AM
Cobra Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Good morning Deysha,
Eagerly awaiting good news.
Old 9/5/12, 10:18 AM

Thanks Deysha for getting back to me so quickly. Just your response makes me feel welcoming! hope you have a great day! I sent you a PM again =]

Last edited by jjwon3; 9/5/12 at 10:18 AM. Reason: added words

Quick Reply: 2013 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread