Sponsored By:

2013 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread

Search this Thread

Old 9/20/12, 11:50 AM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Originally Posted by mopar?

How long have you been waiting?
Technically since I put the deposit down in October or November of last year.

But the dealer wasn't allowed to place order because of allocation and Zone rep until July 11th. Still on material hold I'm told. No VIN no build date no nothing no end in sight.

I didn't care if it was 6 months but at least tell me a date Ford. Come on man!
Old 9/20/12, 11:53 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
I've given up on updates. Nothing changes. Maybe Ford will make me a car. I don't know at this point.
Have you ordered a new GT/CS by any chance ?

I've been waiting for mine for a long time as well, and apparently there was a shortage affecting builds of GT/CS.... Something like tires or other option related to GT/CS.
Old 9/20/12, 11:54 AM
Post *****

Originally Posted by Dineau

Have you ordered a new GT/CS by any chance ?

I've been waiting for mine for a long time as well, and apparently there was a shortage affecting builds of GT/CS.... Something like tires or other option related to GT/CS.
No I'm sorry. Mine is a Shelby.

If I had to wait that long for a GT/CS I'd be livid. Sometimes I wonder if Ford is in the business to sell cars or not.
Old 9/20/12, 01:31 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Technically since I put the deposit down in October or November of last year.

But the dealer wasn't allowed to place order because of allocation and Zone rep until July 11th. Still on material hold I'm told. No VIN no build date no nothing no end in sight.

I didn't care if it was 6 months but at least tell me a date Ford. Come on man!
Your dealer sucks and so does your luck TBH, if I were you, I'd go out and buy one somewhere else or cancel the order.
Old 9/20/12, 01:42 PM
Banned

Quick question, is train faster than truck(convoy) for delivery? I'm in florida so I'm just wondering.
Old 9/20/12, 02:04 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Quick question, is train faster than truck(convoy) for delivery? I'm in florida so I'm just wondering.
your car will be put on train until it gets to it railway distribution point in Florida where it will be loaded on a truck and delivered to your dealer
Old 9/20/12, 03:29 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sometimes I wonder if Ford is in the business to sell cars or not.
Ford is in the business to sell cars, they just don't seem to be in the business of delivering them.
Old 9/20/12, 03:33 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by WAL
You're welcome! I hope your car is actually in transit. Seems like many cars get "trapped" at ramp 51 (not so affectionately referred to by many as "area 51") at the plant awaiting shipment. Good luck on an early arrival!
No, I was told it is coming. It was reported in Allentown a few days ago heading north. Originally I was told it would arrive on Saturday, but now it's pushed back to next Thursday. The salesman asked if I wanted to drive it this weekend and my response was that I wanted to drive it this past summer. I ordered it on August 2nd. It won't be long now, and I was prepared to wait. I just never imagined how difficult it would be to wait the full 8 weeks. I can't imagine the people on here who have waited the length of time that I'm reading for their orders. I mean, doesn't Ford want to sell some cars? Who knew this was going on. I feel for everyone who wants their car built and delivered.

Everyone seems to post that it was worth the wait once they get their cars. I just find this whole experience astonishing. The comradery on here has helped.
Old 9/20/12, 03:37 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by Snoopy49

Ford is in the business to sell cars, they just don't seem to be in the business of delivering them.
This!
Old 9/20/12, 03:37 PM
Post *****

Your dealer sucks and so does your luck TBH, if I were you, I'd go out and buy one somewhere else or cancel the order.
I think it's Karma. I'm a home builder. Usually I'm on the other side.
Old 9/20/12, 04:48 PM
Cobra Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by MyStang2010GB
your car will be put on train until it gets to it railway distribution point in Florida where it will be loaded on a truck and delivered to your dealer
You forgot to mention that the car will sit for an unexplained, cruelly long amount of time at ramp 51 before hitting the rails.
Old 9/20/12, 06:20 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by UOP Shadow
You forgot to mention that the car will sit for an unexplained, cruelly long amount of time at ramp 51 before hitting the rails.
That's not happening this time around, people who ordered a week and two weeks before me are already getting their cars or are on the way.
Old 9/20/12, 07:08 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by UOP Shadow
my car sat for 2 days at Ramp 51. My car was 1 day shy of 5 weeks from order to delivery at the dealer...
Old 9/20/12, 08:52 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It was six weeks ago today that I ordered my coupe. My dealer anticipated delivery in six to eight weeks; I immediately discounted the first two weeks, and marked the first week of October on my calendar. That circle is two weeks away, and I've got ZIP. No ETA, no build date, no window sticker... hell, I don't even have a VIN. The only thing I've been told is that it's "In Process". Well jeez, I considered it in process when I handed over my deposit! Something is messed up here.
On a side note, I appreciate you guys letting me play with you all, even though I don't have a pony in my garage... yet.
Old 9/20/12, 09:13 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by MyStang2010GB
my car sat for 2 days at Ramp 51. My car was 1 day shy of 5 weeks from order to delivery at the dealer...
How long did it take you to get it from when it left to when it got to miami?

Yeah he's a gt500 guy and he may be the reason deysha commits suicide
Most impatient person on this forum lol

They wait extra long but from what it seems he hasn't been waiting long at all.
Old 9/21/12, 08:13 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Mickstang
It was six weeks ago today that I ordered my coupe. My dealer anticipated delivery in six to eight weeks; I immediately discounted the first two weeks, and marked the first week of October on my calendar. That circle is two weeks away, and I've got ZIP. No ETA, no build date, no window sticker... hell, I don't even have a VIN. The only thing I've been told is that it's "In Process". Well jeez, I considered it in process when I handed over my deposit! Something is messed up here.
On a side note, I appreciate you guys letting me play with you all, even though I don't have a pony in my garage... yet.
I ordered 8/20 and still in "Order Processing". Wondering if it has to do with everything going on at the Flat Rock plant recently (Mazda pulling out, Fusion coming in, etc.).

But my dealer said 6-8 weeks so I'm not gonna sweat it. Now if 8 at weeks I'm still in "Order Processing" I will be at my dealer exploring options. Because I've seen others that ordered in August and have already gotten VINs/ETAs/Window stickers.
Old 9/21/12, 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by mfc133

I ordered 8/20 and still in "Order Processing". Wondering if it has to do with everything going on at the Flat Rock plant recently (Mazda pulling out, Fusion coming in, etc.).

But my dealer said 6-8 weeks so I'm not gonna sweat it. Now if 8 at weeks I'm still in "Order Processing" I will be at my dealer exploring options. Because I've seen others that ordered in August and have already gotten VINs/ETAs/Window stickers.
I've heard somewhere in the forum that Ford is planning to closed Flat Rock plant for two weeks in November for "re-tooling". I received my sticker after a month, so you should receive it soon. Good luck!!
Old 9/21/12, 08:43 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by mfc133

Yeah you need to check with them
Old 9/21/12, 08:52 AM

Hi Deysha,

Send you a PM can you check agaiin?

Thanks,
Lance
Old 9/21/12, 07:38 PM

Hey guys. I just wanted to give some kudos to my dealer. I have received consistent updates. When I ordered, he told me Sept 18th, but then a couple weeks ago, after I recevied the window sticker, he said Sept 24th. Lo and behold, I got an email today saying that it was on his tracking sheet for their latest inbound inventory and is currently on a rail car preparing to leave Michigan. He was honest and let me know that he has seen delays due to weather, delivery truck break down, etc...

He said he would contact me again on Monday. I must say this has been by far the best car buying experience... so far. Next I have to go to the finance office! LOL

Quick Reply: 2013 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread