Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2013 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread

Search this Thread

Old 9/12/12, 12:30 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by chessmanmark
I read an article about this yesterday. The article mentioned that it is making the change for the environment. I'm not sure where I read it, but found it mentioned in this link after a quick Google search. I wanted to know why the plant was shut down for two weeks after reading about that in this thread.

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...hip-with-Mazda

"Ford will also upgrade the plant's paint shop to a paint process that allows paint to be applied while a previous layer is still wet and with less manual intervention."
Its my understanding that this will take place during retooling in november
Old 9/12/12, 02:59 PM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by BluehazeGT
Thanks Deysha, I sent you a PM with order and dealer info. I know it is early, but just need to know it is really in process
Thanks. I’ll get back to you as soon as possible.

Where did you find the information on this new 3 stage paint process? I am also curious about this.
I read an article about this yesterday.
"Ford will also upgrade the plant's paint shop to a paint process that allows paint to be applied while a previous layer is still wet and with less manual intervention."
That’s what I took from it as well. Here’s our article.

Deysha
Old 9/12/12, 07:30 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by FordCustomerService
Here’s our article.

Deysha
That's the one I read. Thanks for the link, and thank you ...
for my WINDOW STICKER! Woo-hoo, now I can taste it. Only a week and a half more if everything goes smoothly. Now I'm excited.

I've never seen a 2013 in Deep Impact Blue in person, only on the Internet. I can't wait to go for that first ride and take some pictures of my own. It feels like Christmas is coming.

This is my first Ford, and my first American car in 30 years.
Old 9/13/12, 05:36 AM

OMG! Picked up my Mustang last night. It was worth the wait. Its going to take a few days to get used to where everything is. There are lots of neat features but one of the coolest/strangest are the courtesy lights that come out of the side mirrors. At night when you unlock the car a dashing Mustang(the horse, not the car) is illuminated on the pavement. So cool. Thanks again Deysha for your help. I hope everyone else enjoys their car as much.
Old 9/13/12, 06:56 AM

That's the one I read. Thanks for the link, and thank you ...
for my WINDOW STICKER! Woo-hoo, now I can taste it. Only a week and a half more if everything goes smoothly. Now I'm excited.

I've never seen a 2013 in Deep Impact Blue in person, only on the Internet. I can't wait to go for that first ride and take some pictures of my own. It feels like Christmas is coming.
Well, I can tell you… IT’S AMAZING!

Originally Posted by JMK in CT
OMG! Picked up my Mustang last night. It was worth the wait. Its going to take a few days to get used to where everything is. There are lots of neat features but one of the coolest/strangest are the courtesy lights that come out of the side mirrors. At night when you unlock the car a dashing Mustang(the horse, not the car) is illuminated on the pavement. So cool. Thanks again Deysha for your help. I hope everyone else enjoys their car as much.
Super congrats, JMK in CT. Enjoy!

Deysha
Old 9/13/12, 12:14 PM
Bullitt Member

This is my first Ford, and my first American car in 30 years.
Thanks Chessmanmark and Deysha for the article. Interesting read. Nothing like an investment in new technology or processes to continue to wow your customers.
As for the DIB, it is amazing in person. I was going back and forth over this or the grabber but already having 2 black vehicles wanted a color that was just a little bit brighter ...
Old 9/13/12, 12:22 PM

Hi Deysha,

I have sent you hopefully the last PM . since my car is slated to arrived next week?

Thanks,
Lance
Old 9/13/12, 12:27 PM
Cobra Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Thanks. I’ll get back to you as soon as possible.

That’s what I took from it as well. Here’s our article.

Deysha
Hey Deysha, is that my car in the Flat Rock Assy Plant picture? No wonder it's taking so long to get it!
Old 9/13/12, 12:58 PM
Cobra Member

Hi Deysha, I sent you a PM last night with my VIN... have you had a chance to look for my order?
Old 9/13/12, 02:45 PM

Thanks Chessmanmark and Deysha for the article. Interesting read. Nothing like an investment in new technology or processes to continue to wow your customers.
As for the DIB, it is amazing in person. I was going back and forth over this or the grabber but already having 2 black vehicles wanted a color that was just a little bit brighter ...
You’re welcome.

Originally Posted by Cobra99
Hi Deysha,
I have sent you hopefully the last PM . since my car is slated to arrived next week?
Thanks
Got it. I’ll get back to you as soon as possible.

Originally Posted by UOP Shadow
Hey Deysha, is that my car in the Flat Rock Assy Plant picture? No wonder it's taking so long to get it!
LOL! Suuuure it is… LOL!

Originally Posted by clintoris
Hi Deysha, I sent you a PM last night with my VIN... have you had a chance to look for my order?
Have you received a message from me? J/K!! I’ll get back to you as soon as possible, clintoris.

Deysha
Old 9/13/12, 06:30 PM
Cobra Member

Smile

Have you received a message from me? J/K!! I’ll get back to you as soon as possible, clintoris.

Deysha

SMART A$$!

...I love it.
Old 9/13/12, 07:04 PM
Bullitt Member

Thanks for the encouragement. It builds up my expectation and excitement to finally see it in person.

I have a question for the forum. I see many users post information in their signatures such as: order date, vin date, sticker date, build date, shipped date, arrival date, etc. The order date and pickup dates are obvious, but how do you know the day the car is built, etc.? I'm late to the party but just received my window sticker which has the vin number. I'm curious as to the date the car was built.
Old 9/13/12, 09:29 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks for the encouragement. It builds up my expectation and excitement to finally see it in person.

I have a question for the forum. I see many users post information in their signatures such as: order date, vin date, sticker date, build date, shipped date, arrival date, etc. The order date and pickup dates are obvious, but how do you know the day the car is built, etc.? I'm late to the party but just received my window sticker which has the vin number. I'm curious as to the date the car was built.
Look at the top of the window sticker and locate the BLEND the date is above the BLEND and is a 9 digit number. Look at the last 6 digits, this is the scheduled build date.
Example: 120627 = 2012 June 27

Last edited by Snoopy49; 9/13/12 at 09:31 PM.
Old 9/13/12, 09:35 PM
Banned

i dont even have my window sticker yet but there is some thread on here on how to decode your window sticker and tell when it was built, the date is like flipped as in year month day in the code.
Old 9/13/12, 09:44 PM
WAL

At the top of your window sticker you'll see the word "Blend." Right above that is a number, e.g., 120120924. This car should hit the assembly line on 9/24/12. So the last 6 numbers of the "Blend" number contain the year (12), month (09) and day (24) in that order. Hope that helps.
Old 9/14/12, 01:45 AM

Deysha,

Thanks for the PM. And thanks for your kindness, helping all of us out.
Old 9/14/12, 06:24 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by JMK in CT
Pony projection lights! They're awesome
Old 9/14/12, 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by clintoris
SMART A$$!
...I love it.
LOL! I’ll get back to you in a little while.

I have a question for the forum. I see many users post information in their signatures such as: order date, vin date, sticker date, build date, shipped date, arrival date, etc. The order date and pickup dates are obvious, but how do you know the day the car is built, etc.?
Originally Posted by Snoopy49
Look at the top of the window sticker and locate the BLEND the date is above the BLEND and is a 9 digit number. Look at the last 6 digits, this is the scheduled build date.
Your build date is on your window sticker as, Snoopy49 mentioned. I’ll let you know when it ships.

Originally Posted by mopar?
i dont even have my window sticker yet but there is some thread on here on how to decode your window sticker and tell when it was built, the date is like flipped as in year month day in the code.
You’ll see your window sticker around Thursday, mopar?.

Originally Posted by f2redpot
Deysha,
Thanks for the PM. And thanks for your kindness, helping all of us out.
No problem, f2redpot!

Deysha
Old 9/14/12, 08:25 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Snoopy49
Thank you! I'm a bit new to the party also. Mine shows my car was scheduled to be built two days ago! I hope those dates already took into account the two week plant closing - I'd surmise that was a planned event well ahead of time, and no window stickers would reflect a build date during that timeframe.
Old 9/14/12, 11:44 AM

Hi Deysha!!!! Sent you a PM. Thanks again!

Quick Reply: 2013 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread