Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2013 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread

Search this Thread

Old 9/25/12, 04:25 PM
Cobra Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by FordCustomerService
It was just sent into production today, UOP Shadow. Everything else is in all the other messages I’ve sent you.

Deysha
What does "sent into production" mean?

Does that mean the order was printed and sent to the line to start pulling parts for the build? Does it mean that the actual components are starting to get assembled on the line to start building?

It's been 10 years since I was tier 1 to Ford. Our customer for whom we make Ford fuel components was just here today and I asked him if he knew what "sent to production" measn since their company is tier 1 to Ford for fuel fill components. He did not know what "sent to production" means either.

I really wish I could take a tour of the Ford assy line to walk the process and see exactly how the process works.

Anyhow Deysha, thanks for keeping me lauging so I don't pull my hair out while waiting for this beast to get done. The offer for Chicago pizza is still on the table if you ever get out this way.

BTW...

...what does "sent into production" mean?
Old 9/25/12, 04:30 PM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by UOP Shadow

Does that mean the order was printed and sent to the line to start pulling parts for the build? Does it mean that the actual components are starting to get assembled on the line to start building?

It's been 10 years since I was tier 1 to Ford. Our customer for whom we make Ford fuel components was just here today and I asked him if he knew what "sent to production" measn since their company is tier 1 to Ford for fuel fill components. He did not know what "sent to production" means either.

I really wish I could take a tour of the Ford assy line to walk the process and see exactly how the process works.

Anyhow Deysha, thanks for keeping me lauging so I don't pull my hair out while waiting for this beast to get done. The offer for Chicago pizza is still on the table if you ever get out this way.

BTW...

Omg You have it bad, man. When did you order it?
Old 9/25/12, 04:40 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
People have officially ordered weeks after me and are getting ViNs and build dates for second allocation cars just like me. People that just walked into a dealer and ordered. I'm about ready to tell Ford to pound sand.

Evidently my Zone rep is a tool and is ****ing me over. Maybe I will get lucky and he will read this. If I ever meet him I'll be sure and let him know what I think.
Old 9/25/12, 06:57 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500
Omg You have it bad, man. When did you order it?
6/30/2012
Old 9/25/12, 06:57 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
People have officially ordered weeks after me and are getting ViNs and build dates for second allocation cars just like me. People that just walked into a dealer and ordered. I'm about ready to tell Ford to pound sand.

Evidently my Zone rep is a tool and is ****ing me over. Maybe I will get lucky and he will read this. If I ever meet him I'll be sure and let him know what I think.
Now now, my grandma always said you catch more flies with honey than you do with vinegar.
Old 9/25/12, 06:59 PM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

6/30/2012
What is it?
Old 9/25/12, 07:18 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,252 Likes on 1,678 Posts
Hey I ordered mine on 2/3 and I think the other Gary ordered his around November so you're not alone! According to Deysha my baby should be made tomorrow!
Old 9/25/12, 07:25 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by Mustang Freak
Hey I ordered mine on 2/3 and I think the other Gary ordered his around November so you're not alone! According to Deysha my baby should be made tomorrow!
I feel like the shlub that stands in line at Best Buy the Monday before Thanksgiving only to find out the store was closing its doors forever that Wednesday.

Ok that's not an exact analogy but you get my drift.

The thing that pisses me off was the Zone rep or my dealer would not put my order in till the first week in July.

The thing is outside of you guys, nobody gives a rats ***. If I canceled tomorrow they'd just make it for someone else. I thought 5 months for the Raptor was a wait.
Old 9/25/12, 07:37 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,252 Likes on 1,678 Posts
LOL!!!
Old 9/25/12, 08:24 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I feel like the shlub that stands in line at Best Buy the Monday before Thanksgiving only to find out the store was closing its doors forever that Wednesday.

Ok that's not an exact analogy but you get my drift.

The thing that pisses me off was the Zone rep or my dealer would not put my order in till the first week in July.

The thing is outside of you guys, nobody gives a rats ***. If I canceled tomorrow they'd just make it for someone else. I thought 5 months for the Raptor was a wait.
Get your money back and cancel, there are several GT500s sitting in lots around the country. Do that.
Old 9/25/12, 08:27 PM
Banned

BTW...

Let's see, sent into production. Hmmm maybe it means the order was SENT so the car will be PRODUCED. God I can see why your dealer won't put up with you. Your gt500 is being made so fast compared to 90% of the people here yet you're wanting daily updates and want it even sooner. How about you log off for a while, take the boat out and go fishing or go on a nice weekend vacation so you can RELAX.

Mine was"sent into production" this monday and it means it is being made. I don't know how long it takes for your gt500 but for other cars it seems like 3-4 days.
Old 9/25/12, 08:32 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by mopar?

Get your money back and cancel, there are several GT500s sitting in lots around the country. Do that.
Werd

I've looked. A few times. My options are unique mainly because of the glass roof. But I will keep looking believe me.

My buddy Chris in Chicago promised to hook me up over a year ago but he had to go and leave his salesman job at a Ford dealer. Thanks Chris.
Old 9/25/12, 09:23 PM
GT Member

Feel sorry for you Gary. I think Ford should do something about the way orders are handled, it's total BS. I ordered mine 3/20 and finally gave up and found one somewhere else on 8/29. I went in to dealer next day to get deposit back and he said there was still no news on it. I truly believe if I waited for the car I ordered I wouldn't have got it. The hardest part is to have an order in that long and then you go on auto trader and there is 80 of them at dealers with an ADM of 5 to 10 grand if not more. That's total bull**** on Fords end. Any other car and I would've been buying a different brand.
Old 9/25/12, 09:49 PM
Banned

Werd

I've looked. A few times. My options are unique mainly because of the glass roof. But I will keep looking believe me.

My buddy Chris in Chicago promised to hook me up over a year ago but he had to go and leave his salesman job at a Ford dealer. Thanks Chris.
I feel like your patience your be rewarded somehow by Ford. Is there anything that can be possibly done? I know there are a few around me that are listed for MSRP even though the muscle car scene is crazy down here.
If I were you, I'd set an ultimatum and it is either met or you move on. If I were you I would of been driving one already and gave up on the glass roof idea.
Old 9/25/12, 09:58 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey, mopar?-- Having been tipped off about that brochure coupon ($750) here on the forum, I requested a copy, which I received a couple weeks later... but no coupon. They offered me an alternative finance rate (but I'm paying cash), and mentioned the $1000 rebate (which my dealer had already deducted on my order form), but no $750 for the aftermarkets. Just the way my luck runs.
Old 9/25/12, 10:00 PM
V6 Member

Good news Deysha?
Don't tease me!LOL!! Hope to hear from you by Friday!
Old 9/25/12, 11:38 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Mickstang
Hey, mopar?-- Having been tipped off about that brochure coupon ($750) here on the forum, I requested a copy, which I received a couple weeks later... but no coupon. They offered me an alternative finance rate (but I'm paying cash), and mentioned the $1000 rebate (which my dealer had already deducted on my order form), but no $750 for the aftermarkets. Just the way my luck runs.
Well you get them at random, I wish that I could ship you one of mine but theyre tied to your address. when do you pick up? order like 10 with all different names of family members and youll get one.
Old 9/25/12, 11:45 PM
WAL

Originally Posted by chessmanmark
Stopped by the dealer tonight. The car was down the street just about to get detailed for pick up tomorrow.
Congrats!!! Love that DIB.
Old 9/26/12, 04:20 AM

Shelby GT500 Order

Hello, here's my timeline so far. I'm US Military stationed overseas:

Ordered from ENCS (Exchange New Car Sales): 15 August
Received VIN: 25 August
Sticker Generated: 25 September
Scheduled build date (the week of): 1 October (next week)
Scheduled delivery to ship point (overseas): NLT 6 Nov
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Deep Impact Blue/White LeMans Stripes/rocker panel stripes
SVT Package
Electronics Package
Recaro seats with white stripes
Cover
Old 9/26/12, 06:14 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by mopar?
I ordered like 10 because you guys did say randomly but all 10 had the coupons. I guess I just got extremely lucky.
Nice!

Originally Posted by chessmanmark
Stopped by the dealer tonight. The car was down the street just about to get detailed for pick up tomorrow.
Gorgeous ride, chessmanmark! Congrats again.

BTW...
Do you know how many times you’ve had me shaking my head? LOL! Ok, “in production” includes the whole production process. It was just sent into the plant for production yesterday, so nothing will happen until a few days before the build date, where it’ll go down the line and finish on that date.

BTW, you can check out this site for Plant Tours. Now, breathe and stop asking questions every 5 minutes!

Has your dealer explained to you how the Shelby allocation/ordering process works, 2k7gtcs? These SVT vehicles don’t schedule like normal Mustangs.

Originally Posted by Mustang Freak
Yup! Your Boss 302 will finish building today.

Originally Posted by Masterminter
Good news Deysha?
Don't tease me!LOL!! Hope to hear from you by Friday!
More like great news…

Originally Posted by Mustang94
Hello, here's my timeline so far. I'm US Military stationed overseas
Nice timing, Mustang94. Stay safe and thank you for what you do!

Deysha

Quick Reply: 2013 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread