Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2013 Mustang Order Guides (including GT500) & Price Lists

Search this Thread

Old 1/31/12, 08:16 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by jmillz
If people order this early they can't very well choose specific accessories/options on the car can they? Are these orders for people who just say "I want a gt premium coupe, with whatever default options are on the '13"?
Most of our '13 Mustangs were ordered for store stock. The two we have ordered for customers were ordered with full knowledge of the options available, just not the pricing. Our deal with those customers is for $99 over the invoice total, whatever that amount ends up being when Ford announces pricing. And they get whatever rebates are available, as well. I've known what colors & options were available ahead of the order guide coming out and posted that info here many weeks ago.
Old 1/31/12, 08:21 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Five Oh Brian
Most of our '13 Mustangs were ordered for store stock. The two we have ordered for customers were ordered with full knowledge of the options available, just not the pricing. Our deal with those customers is for $99 over the invoice total, whatever that amount ends up being when Ford announces pricing. And they get whatever rebates are available, as well. I've known what colors & options were available ahead of the order guide coming out and posted that info here many weeks ago.
Fair enough. I wish the two dealers I contacted about ordering a '13 v6 would get back to me! I'll be selling my current car the first week of June, and I was really hoping I could have a '13 ordered and built by then...but when lots of orders start going in who knows how much lead time there will be on the building process....
Old 1/31/12, 08:23 AM
Bullitt Member

I was just looking at our '13 Mustang orders for our store, and we have one scheduled already. It is a deep impact blue GT premium coupe. I ordered it 12.12.11, it's scheduled to be built the week of 02.27.12, and it has an ETA to our store for the week of 03.13.12. Glad to have one of the new for '13 colors coming first so we can check it out!
Are you kidding me?!?! That is AWESOME! Hopefully they will be starting on customer orders by mid-March...I might have mine by late April!!!

Thanks for the updates!
Old 1/31/12, 08:24 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 05fordgt
+1 on his reply.

Brian is just like me, an enthusiast 1st and foremost. We want to give information to people like us, to help them in their buying a Mustang. I've been on here since 2004, when the Mustang Source was in its infancy. I love helping people out. Look at the info I shed on the rebate program on the GT500!! How many dealers are telling their customers about that? I did that so the cars would get bought up by people who want them and love them. People like me, like Brian, etc. Its great when I can help someone out even if I don't sell them a car myself. As long as they get the "real" info on a deal, on the process, etc, I feel like we helped out. When a new customer walks into my office, they see how big of a "car guy" I am, and I tell them that I'm a "car person who sells cars". We give info to help and I always will help people out. Wheelman, please don't be upset at him. Brian and I do this because we are Mustang guys!!!
Well said!!
Old 1/31/12, 08:28 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Fair enough. I wish the two dealers I contacted about ordering a '13 v6 would get back to me! I'll be selling my current car the first week of June, and I was really hoping I could have a '13 ordered and built by then...but when lots of orders start going in who knows how much lead time there will be on the building process....
Hey bud, you may have to light a fire under them to get moving. A lot of dealers want to sell cars that they have on the lots today. Its hard to find a dealer who wants to order a car for a customer. I enjoy this as the customer gets to "build" their exact vehicle and its built for them to their specifications. Plus its future business to look forward to. Too many dealers don't look at factory orders like that as future business. And by not doing that, they lose sales. If your close to my area, let me know and I'll help you order a car.
Old 1/31/12, 08:29 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by pa93cobra
Well said!!
Thanks Scott!!
Old 1/31/12, 08:44 AM
GT Member

If people order this early they can't very well choose specific accessories/options on the car can they? Are these orders for people who just say "I want a gt premium coupe, with whatever default options are on the '13"?
See my sig for what I ordered, not a base car I could have ordered earlier (and I wanted to) but with the holidays and getting sick for a week that was the first I was feeling up to it

and thanks Brian and Jeff for all of your help and info!
Old 1/31/12, 08:51 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

I see absolutely nothing rude about what I said. Reread all of my posts. I try to be helpful on this and all sites. Youre right and Im wrong.. My dealer doesnt know how to use a phone, isnt interested in my money and has no interest in selling me a 3rd car. Thank you so much for making sure that I didnt incorrectly tell someone that order taking just started and so not to worry about his place his line too much. You should all probably fret long and hard about it and get your orders immediately or you wont ever get a 13 Mustang.
Old 1/31/12, 08:59 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by wheelman
I see absolutely nothing rude about what I said. Reread all of my posts. I try to be helpful on this and all sites. Youre right and Im wrong.. My dealer doesnt know how to use a phone, isnt interested in my money and has no interest in selling me a 3rd car. Thank you so much for making sure that I didnt incorrectly tell someone that order taking just started and so not to worry about his place his line too much. You should all probably fret long and hard about it and get your orders immediately or you wont ever get a 13 Mustang.
I hear you, I'm in the same boat you are, two dealers have told me ordering has not commenced yet....so I'm worried about what place in line I'll be once they open up "public ordering".
Old 1/31/12, 09:50 AM
Mach 1 Member

Ugh, alright im getting too antsy. Im gonna have to order monday no if ands or buts about it. I just feel that with out the price guide being available, my salesdude is not gonna have a clue. Not every dealership has a Jeff or a Brian. How do i walk into a dealership and ask for the mustang guy? Have a feeling this is gonna be frustrating.
Old 1/31/12, 10:12 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by ThrustangFiveO
Ugh, alright im getting too antsy. Im gonna have to order monday no if ands or buts about it. I just feel that with out the price guide being available, my salesdude is not gonna have a clue. Not every dealership has a Jeff or a Brian. How do i walk into a dealership and ask for the mustang guy? Have a feeling this is gonna be frustrating.
Print out the order guide and take it in with you. Be best if you can just sit down with person that does the ordering. They can pull up concepts and enter the order while you wait. You may need to call ahead and make an appt. I would also try and agree on a selling price based on price above invoice or whatever.
Old 1/31/12, 10:21 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
One suggestion would be email them, on the Ford website for the dealer you want, tell them you're looking to order a '13, and someone from the dealer who knows about the ordering will call you back within a day and ask you to come down, already knowing exactly what you want.. much better than walking in off the street, you never know who you'll get.

I emailed 4 dealers in mid Dec, only one of them had no idea about the 13's and the other 3 had me come in. One of them we actually sat with the guy who places the orders and specked it out on concepts. but ended back at my original one who offered over 500 more on my trade-in

edit: oh yeah, ^ what going-for-broke said, print out the order guide & take it with you.

Last edited by cinque35; 1/31/12 at 12:06 PM.
Old 1/31/12, 10:26 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by going for broke

Print out the order guide and take it in with you. Be best if you can just sit down with person that does the ordering. They can pull up concepts and enter the order while you wait. You may need to call ahead and make an appt. I would also try and agree on a selling price based on price above invoice or whatever.
Im using the x-plan. Good call on the order guide print out. Then they cant say they dont have info on the 13s.
Old 1/31/12, 10:28 AM
Cobra R Member

I was just looking at our '13 Mustang orders for our store, and we have one scheduled already. It is a deep impact blue GT premium coupe. I ordered it 12.12.11, it's scheduled to be built the week of 02.27.12, and it has an ETA to our store for the week of 03.13.12. Glad to have one of the new for '13 colors coming first so we can check it out!
That's great! first week of production

edit: could you post up the VIN?

Last edited by cinque35; 1/31/12 at 11:31 AM.
Old 1/31/12, 10:29 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by cinque35
One suggestion would be email them, on the Ford website for the dealer you want, tell them you're looking to order a '13, and someone from the dealer will who knows about the ordering will call you back within a day and ask you to come down.. much better than walking in off the street.. you never know who you'll get.

I emailed 4 dealers in mid Dec, only one of them had no idea about the 13's and the other 3 had me come in. One of them we actually sat with the guy who places the orders and specked it out on concepts. Ended up going with another who offered $500 more on my trade-in

edit: oh yeah, ^ what going-for-broke said, print out the order guide & take it with you.
Ah yes email. That is probably the best way to get the "car guy".

Thanks for the help fellas.
Old 1/31/12, 10:33 AM
Cobra R Member

yeah, this is the first time i ever did that and you wouldn't believe the difference getting the right person..
also had xplan
Old 1/31/12, 10:57 AM
Team Mustang Source

yeah, this is the first time i ever did that and you wouldn't believe the difference getting the right person..
also had xplan
Its always great to talk to the "car guy" at the dealer. They are on the same level in regards to enthusiasm. The easiest way to find out who is the "Mustang guy" at the store, is to call/email the sales manager and ask them who that is. This way, you can contact him/her and make an appointment to order your car.

Last edited by 05fordgt; 1/31/12 at 11:00 AM.
Old 1/31/12, 11:55 AM
GT Member

this wait is killing me for the prices =(
Old 1/31/12, 12:12 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by RiceEatin2000GT
this wait is killing me for the prices =(
hey RiceEatin.. selling your '10?
Old 1/31/12, 05:05 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
That's great! first week of production

edit: could you post up the VIN?
1ZVBP8CF8D5200987

'13 GT Premium Coupe with Automatic, 18" Polished (64M) Wheels, Shaker Pro, and the GT Pkg 5 (side scoops, pedestal spoiler, and quarter window louvers). Deep Impact Blue 401A with Charcoal/Blue Leather.

Quick Reply: 2013 Mustang Order Guides (including GT500) & Price Lists