Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2013 Mustang Order Guides (including GT500) & Price Lists

Search this Thread

Old 1/29/12, 05:03 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cinque35
yeah usually they'ld be the same. did they order yours as a stock order or retail? i had to put down a deposit and finalize the paperwork to lock in the trade-in price for my old one. the price of the '13 of course is TBD but it's x-plan so what ever it is, it is
retail order. I am probably not trading in, and am also doing x-plan, so I wasn't worried about price either. I told them I would just have them make me an offer on my current car at delivery (again, probably won't go for it)
Old 1/29/12, 09:04 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Von Bek
Hmm, really diggin the front clip of the new CS, but have no interest in the wing or side scoop things. Or the stripes for that matter.
I am not a big fan of the side scoops either. Has anyone ever taken them off? Are they just attached by double sided tape?
Old 1/30/12, 06:26 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Jryan3
I am not a big fan of the side scoops either. Has anyone ever taken them off? Are they just attached by double sided tape?
Yup, thin 3M double sided tape
Old 1/30/12, 06:29 AM
Team Mustang Source

Hey Brian, one more question,
They ordered my car (type 1) ten days before I left a deposit, therefore the DORA says 12/16/11 & the purchase agreement is dated 12/26/11.. if they write up a new purchase agreement dated this week would that get incentive lock-in? or would they have to cancel everything and start over?

If the current incentives are good till 4/2/12, it's 100% inevitable that my car will arrive in that lull right after they expire & before they renew them..
Hey bud, if your worried about the dates not matching up, just have them rewrite the purchase agreement with a date that matches up. That's what I did anytime I needed the dates to match up. Personally, I don't believe the dates matter that much, but if it were me, I would just rewrite it with a date that matches the DORA.
Old 1/30/12, 06:29 AM
Team Mustang Source

And a good morning to everyone. Hope you all had a great weekend. Nothing new on the dealer site. No prices yet!!!
Old 1/30/12, 06:44 AM
Bullitt Member

Old 1/30/12, 07:24 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 05fordgt
And a good morning to everyone. Hope you all had a great weekend. Nothing new on the dealer site. No prices yet!!!
Sigh, thinking Im gonna give it another week.

Well while we play the waiting game would someone be so kind as to walk me through what to expect when i go to the dealer to order my Mustang. No idea what a DORA is, will they check my credit before the order? What type of paper work will i be filling out, ect...
Old 1/30/12, 09:15 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by ThrustangFiveO
Sigh, thinking Im gonna give it another week.

Well while we play the waiting game would someone be so kind as to walk me through what to expect when i go to the dealer to order my Mustang. No idea what a DORA is, will they check my credit before the order? What type of paper work will i be filling out, ect...
Hey Brian, I'll help ya. A DORA is the "Dealer Order Receipt Aknowledgement". Its the print-back from Ford that shows the car was ordered. When you go, the salesperson will ask for your options (which I'm sure you already have handy ). He'll take the info, and put it in CONCEPTS, and "build" the car and print the VOC (Vehicle Order Confirmation). This will show you all the options you want and the prices (MSRP, Invoice, and if your a plan sale, A/X/Z/D). Once its all set and you agree on the price and such, he will hit "F4" and this will submit the order. The DORA will print back the next day or the following day (depending on when the order was put into the system). They may take a credit application now (I would to get it out of the way), if you plan on financing with Ford Credit or a bank the dealer works with. If you have your own financing handy, there is no need to do this.

They may ask for a deposit. I only ask for $500. Some say they never leave them, but its good to leave one. They should write a "buyers order" or Purchase Agreement for you to show the sale and keep it handy for when the car arrives. If I was doing it, I would get your license, insurance and if your trading a car, the registration the day you order it, so I don't have to worry about getting it later on. If you have any questions, your welcome to give me a call if you like. Hope this helps bud.

Last edited by 05fordgt; 1/30/12 at 09:17 AM.
Old 1/30/12, 09:26 AM
Mach 1 Member

Hey Brian, I'll help ya. A DORA is the "Dealer Order Receipt Aknowledgement". Its the print-back from Ford that shows the car was ordered. When you go, the salesperson will ask for your options (which I'm sure you already have handy ). He'll take the info, and put it in CONCEPTS, and "build" the car and print the VOC (Vehicle Order Confirmation). This will show you all the options you want and the prices (MSRP, Invoice, and if your a plan sale, A/X/Z/D). Once its all set and you agree on the price and such, he will hit "F4" and this will submit the order. The DORA will print back the next day or the following day (depending on when the order was put into the system). They may take a credit application now (I would to get it out of the way), if you plan on financing with Ford Credit or a bank the dealer works with. If you have your own financing handy, there is no need to do this.

They may ask for a deposit. I only ask for $500. Some say they never leave them, but its good to leave one. They should write a "buyers order" or Purchase Agreement for you to show the sale and keep it handy for when the car arrives. If I was doing it, I would get your license, insurance and if your trading a car, the registration the day you order it, so I don't have to worry about getting it later on. If you have any questions, your welcome to give me a call if you like. Hope this helps bud.
Wow Jeff, thanks alot man. This will help me tremendously. Wish you worked closer to albany. Id def have you order the car for me. I just cant justify the long ride to PA when i have a reputable dealership within walking distance. Really appreciate it man!
Old 1/30/12, 09:43 AM
Bullitt Member

ughhhh, the suspense is killing me. When I talked to a guy from one of the Ford dealerships near me, he said "end of january"
Old 1/30/12, 10:43 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 53 Likes on 52 Posts
I'm guessing we'll probably see the prices next Monday. No, I don't know why and I don't have any insight, that's just my guess.
Old 1/30/12, 11:32 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Translation: Someone there didn't want to order one until they got rid of their 12's

The cut-off for ordering a '12 was extended from 12/23 to early Jan, that is correct. but that had no effect on ordering a '13. I ordered one on 12/16, got a trade-in price on my '10. Either your dealer didn't want to order one or really didn't know what they were doing.

This is a stupid argument. I was ordering new, not picking off the lot, so why would they care what 12s they have left? Sounds like some dealership just wanted your down payment which they made interest on until they could actually order your vehicle.
Old 1/30/12, 11:36 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by wheelman
This is a stupid argument. I was ordering new, not picking off the lot, so why would they care what 12s they have left? Sounds like some dealership just wanted your down payment which they made interest on until they could actually order your vehicle.
Except that many (myself included) didn't have to put anything down. And it makes sense they would consider that tactic: You go in, wanting a mustang. You say you want to order a 2013...they say "can't yet, but here look at what we have on the lot!' worst case you still end up ordering a 2013 later. Best case they sell one they have on the lot
Old 1/30/12, 11:37 AM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unfortunately, there are a lot of dealers that care more about sales today than building a relationship and repeat sales down the line. Prime example is what you mentioned.
Old 1/30/12, 11:49 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 53 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by Overboost
Unfortunately, there are a lot of dealers that care more about sales today than building a relationship and repeat sales down the line. Prime example is what you mentioned.
A lot of dealers?

I went through 44 individual dealerships in the central and east Texas areas and ONE told me "I'll sell you the '13 GT500 at MSRP, no questions asked." Every single other dealership tried to sell me either a '12 GT500 or another '12 Mustang they didn't want on their lot. It's why I have hated the process of buying a car for as long as I've been doing it. It's unfortunate because it gives the very few dealers who DO care about building customer relationships a bad name.
Old 1/30/12, 11:50 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by ThrustangFiveO
Wow Jeff, thanks alot man. This will help me tremendously. Wish you worked closer to albany. Id def have you order the car for me. I just cant justify the long ride to PA when i have a reputable dealership within walking distance. Really appreciate it man!
Me too bud. You know, a road trip is a great way to break the car in
Old 1/30/12, 03:17 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

I had a grand to put down in week 1 of January and my dealer said he couldn't take a '13 order, but that he'd call me the minute that he could and he called me this week. Still no pricing, though, so it's still just a downpayment on a vehicle because they're not going to submit my specific order until they know what it costs. If its $5K more than projected and I don't want it at that price, they'd be stuck with it and forced to take my deposit, which they don't want to do to a 3-time customer. FoMoCo, will you please release pricing already???

Last edited by wheelman; 1/30/12 at 03:20 PM. Reason: 2 "thoughs" in sentence!
Old 1/30/12, 04:49 PM
Cobra R Member

My dealer didn't take a deposit, not one penny, so there goes that theory. FORD started taking orders on 12/12/11 (was originally suppose to be 12/5). Individual dealers don't have to if they don't want to. My DORA, dated 12/16, is a conformation from Ford itself, not from the dealer. I'm sorry you dealer doesn't know what they're doing or was being cautious, and that's their right, but that doesn't change the fact that the order banks opened over 6 weeks ago.

http://www.donlen.com/buildstart-ford.aspx

MY13:
ORDER BANKS OPEN: 12/12/11
SCHEDULING: 1/26/12
JOB 1 START: 2/27/12

Last edited by cinque35; 1/30/12 at 09:25 PM.
Old 1/30/12, 05:21 PM
Bullitt Member

I had a grand to put down in week 1 of January and my dealer said he couldn't take a '13 order, but that he'd call me the minute that he could and he called me this week. Still no pricing, though, so it's still just a downpayment on a vehicle because they're not going to submit my specific order until they know what it costs. If its $5K more than projected and I don't want it at that price, they'd be stuck with it and forced to take my deposit, which they don't want to do to a 3-time customer. FoMoCo, will you please release pricing already???
I'm in the same boat. I've purchased multiple new cars from my dealer and they just won't commit until the pricing is released.
Old 1/30/12, 06:43 PM
Cobra R Member

Attached Thumbnails 2013 Mustang Order Guides (including GT500) & Price Lists-product-update.jpg  

Quick Reply: 2013 Mustang Order Guides (including GT500) & Price Lists