Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2013 Mustang Order Guides (including GT500) & Price Lists

Search this Thread

Old 1/30/12, 06:51 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cinque35
Too bad were pretty much all P8C's here.
Old 1/30/12, 06:55 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ThrustangFiveO
Too bad were pretty much all P8C's here.
i know... add 2-4 weeks
Old 1/30/12, 07:22 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by wheelman
This is a stupid argument. I was ordering new, not picking off the lot, so why would they care what 12s they have left? Sounds like some dealership just wanted your down payment which they made interest on until they could actually order your vehicle.
You're right, this really is a stupid argument. I've been ordering '13 Mustangs since December 12th for our store inventory (and a couple for customers, as well). Why would I lie to you? I'm here as an enthusiast first and foremost, and have no agenda or reason to mislead you. Your local dealer, on the other hand, probably just didn't know that orders could go in or didn't want to until pricing was official.

I've been ordering Fords for years, and I've been on Mustang forums since 1999. Every year it's the same old thing. A few saavy dealers (like Jeff & I on these forums) learn early info on the coming year's models and share what we can here about the process, while most dealers across the country have no clue about what's going on until after the public knows. They focus on selling what they have today. Jeff & I focus on bringing the latest & greatest upcoming info to you here.

Last edited by Five Oh Brian; 1/30/12 at 07:28 PM.
Old 1/30/12, 07:54 PM
Mach 1 Member

And its appreciated!
Old 1/30/12, 07:59 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by askjeffro
And its appreciated!
+ 1
Thanks!!!
Old 1/30/12, 08:42 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by askjeffro
And its appreciated!
^ This
Old 1/30/12, 09:33 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Jryan3
I am not a big fan of the side scoops either. Has anyone ever taken them off? Are they just attached by double sided tape?
From what I gathered when I was looking for side scoops for my 07.
Ford scoops are bolted to the side of the car with 2 holes.
After market use tape. (which is what I have now)
Old 1/30/12, 10:34 PM

Will there be a way to replace the front grille (w/fog lights) on the Premium GT without getting the california package?

I'd like a GT, Premium, Recaro, Track... but I really don't care for the fog lights.
Old 1/30/12, 11:46 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 53 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by cinque35
Translate this for the uninitiated please, cinque.
Old 1/31/12, 03:59 AM
Cobra R Member

Lead time ~how many weeks you can expect for arrival after ordering..
notice GT says add 2-4 wks

Old 1/31/12, 04:49 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 53 Likes on 52 Posts
Thanks. Didn't want to make the wrong assumptions. That's pretty much what I was told to expect for the '13 GT500.
Old 1/31/12, 04:58 AM

Originally Posted by Five Oh Brian
I've been ordering '13 Mustangs since December 12th for our store inventory (and a couple for customers, as well).
Does Ford still have the option to change options, even colors, on a store inventory order? If so, ordering a Mustang for a customer, and trying to get it early by claiming its a store inventory order, might have some risk.
Old 1/31/12, 05:10 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You're right, this really is a stupid argument. I've been ordering '13 Mustangs since December 12th for our store inventory (and a couple for customers, as well). Why would I lie to you? I'm here as an enthusiast first and foremost, and have no agenda or reason to mislead you. Your local dealer, on the other hand, probably just didn't know that orders could go in or didn't want to until pricing was official.

I've been ordering Fords for years, and I've been on Mustang forums since 1999. Every year it's the same old thing. A few saavy dealers (like Jeff & I on these forums) learn early info on the coming year's models and share what we can here about the process, while most dealers across the country have no clue about what's going on until after the public knows. They focus on selling what they have today. Jeff & I focus on bringing the latest & greatest upcoming info to you here.
Onca again, we CALLED FORD MOCO WHILE I WAS AT THE DEALERSHIP. And u do realize u started this argument by correcting me in that saying, "orders are just starting to be taken" when, even if what you said was true, the banks would have been open for less than a month and no one else in the country could seem to order 13s but you. Was this really worth correcting me over? I appreciate info, not nit-picking. Move along.
Old 1/31/12, 07:06 AM
Bullitt Member

Onca again, we CALLED FORD MOCO WHILE I WAS AT THE DEALERSHIP. And u do realize u started this argument by correcting me in that saying, "orders are just starting to be taken" when, even if what you said was true, the banks would have been open for less than a month and no one else in the country could seem to order 13s but you. Was this really worth correcting me over? I appreciate info, not nit-picking. Move along.
First of all there is no need to be rude, he doesn't have to share inside information from the dealership if he didn't want to, you should appreciate the information he gives, even if you don't agree with/believe it.

That being said, its not just the pricing that hasn't been released yet, but the official options. I know order forms were leaked a few months ago, but those werent necessarily final. As far as your local dealers are concerned, Ford has not released the detailed options to the public yet, so how could you possibly place an order for a 2013 when you don't even know the available options, never mind the price. The only thing that would make sense is placing an order for a base v6, gt, etc with no special packages or options if you didn't care what the price ends up being.
Old 1/31/12, 07:33 AM
Team Mustang Source

Can't we all just get along
Old 1/31/12, 07:43 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by jmillz
First of all there is no need to be rude, he doesn't have to share inside information from the dealership if he didn't want to, you should appreciate the information he gives, even if you don't agree with/believe it.
+1 on his reply.

Brian is just like me, an enthusiast 1st and foremost. We want to give information to people like us, to help them in their buying a Mustang. I've been on here since 2004, when the Mustang Source was in its infancy. I love helping people out. Look at the info I shed on the rebate program on the GT500!! How many dealers are telling their customers about that? I did that so the cars would get bought up by people who want them and love them. People like me, like Brian, etc. Its great when I can help someone out even if I don't sell them a car myself. As long as they get the "real" info on a deal, on the process, etc, I feel like we helped out. When a new customer walks into my office, they see how big of a "car guy" I am, and I tell them that I'm a "car person who sells cars". We give info to help and I always will help people out. Wheelman, please don't be upset at him. Brian and I do this because we are Mustang guys!!!

Last edited by 05fordgt; 1/31/12 at 07:58 AM.
Old 1/31/12, 07:44 AM
Team Mustang Source

Nothing yet everyone!! Tomorrow starts a new month, and hopefully the price list is only a week or so away!!!
Old 1/31/12, 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by Walt
Does Ford still have the option to change options, even colors, on a store inventory order? If so, ordering a Mustang for a customer, and trying to get it early by claiming its a store inventory order, might have some risk.
Ford won't change an order's colors or equipment that is input by the dealership, so no risk there. However, Ford does autopopulate orders for dealers when the dealer isn't inputting enough orders to satisfy their allocation, so those orders could get changed, but the dealership can override those orders.
Old 1/31/12, 08:05 AM

I was just looking at our '13 Mustang orders for our store, and we have one scheduled already. It is a deep impact blue GT premium coupe. I ordered it 12.12.11, it's scheduled to be built the week of 02.27.12, and it has an ETA to our store for the week of 03.13.12. Glad to have one of the new for '13 colors coming first so we can check it out!
Old 1/31/12, 08:11 AM
Bullitt Member

I was just looking at our '13 Mustang orders for our store, and we have one scheduled already. It is a deep impact blue GT premium coupe. I ordered it 12.12.11, it's scheduled to be built the week of 02.27.12, and it has an ETA to our store for the week of 03.13.12. Glad to have one of the new for '13 colors coming first so we can check it out!
If people order this early they can't very well choose specific accessories/options on the car can they? Are these orders for people who just say "I want a gt premium coupe, with whatever default options are on the '13"?

Quick Reply: 2013 Mustang Order Guides (including GT500) & Price Lists