Sponsored By:

2011 v6 Driveshafts

Search this Thread

Old 1/16/12, 01:02 PM
Bear Eats King...
Bear ****s Bone

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue

For the past 13 years my daily driver has been an agency take home Ford Crown Victoria. My wife and I owned a 2008 Nissan Sentra. I had owned a 1995 Chevy Lumina. I had also owned a 1993 Camaro v6 with s whoppoing 165 hp , slower than dirt. But back when I was 19 that's what I could afford. Buy far my 2011 v6 is the most powerful, fastest, most enjoyable car I have ever owned. Love it and Love Ford quality. My next car hopefully will be another stang in the distant future.
Exactly what I thought. You have never even drove the gt. You haven't felt the torque. You haven't experienced the agresive sound. Of course your gonna think you v6 is the ****.
Old 1/16/12, 01:04 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by FromZto5

Ding ding ding. We have a winner. ^ This. This thread is worthless. Mods should close it. OP, frankly, I'm lost with your train of logic, if you even had any in the first place. One point you're bashing Ford, then next minute you're praising them... then you start talking about who's going to win a drag race between a V6 and a V8? I mean honestly. Come on. Are you just trolling the forum to debate about anything? You make no sense.

^ Here. One minute Ford sucks, next minute, they are Gods. Which is it?

Exactly.

Again, you sadly miss my point. Having a discussion with you is pointless. You MISS THE POINT. It's not about the kind of the car. I was pointing out your LOGIC. Your logic does NOT apply. You want me to use another example? Something more "sportscar-like", just to stoop down to your level for sake of the argument? How about my Nissan 370Z... an "iconic" Japanese sports car? Speedo says 180. Do you honestly think the car SHOULD go 180mph, and if it does not, that's false advertising?

Come on man.... you HAVE to be smarter than that. There HAS to be more common sense.... has to be. I have faith in you. Think about it for a little bit.

EDIT: and by the way, IF you start reply to this post and start talking about how Japanese cars are rice and pieces of crap, my hope for you having SOME common sense and logic is all but lost. Stick to the POINT at hand please, which is, (to help you out): "Sports cars should be able to perform to the max posted speed on the speedometer, else it's false advertising."
Maybe the 370 z does go 180. I have no clue if it does. I would imagine it could go135 plus without blowing a driveshaft and its a v6 300 hp car but I guess that's not a real sports car either because its not a v8. Just a daily driver kind of car.
Old 1/16/12, 01:06 PM
Bear Eats King...
Bear ****s Bone

:Facepalm: this Guy is hopeless... I get the feeling he has no idea how an engine even works...
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by texastboneking

Exactly what I thought. You have never even drove the gt. You haven't felt the torque. You haven't experienced the agresive sound. Of course your gonna think you v6 is the ****.
Never said I didn't drive or try out a Gt, you asked me what cars I owned and drove for a daily driver. There is a difference sir.
Bear Eats King...
Bear ****s Bone

Never said I didn't drive or try out a Gt, you asked me what cars I owned and drove for a daily driver. There is a difference sir.
You have never owned a gt. My bad.
Old 1/16/12, 01:08 PM
Post *****

Not bashing Ford just think they should change some things if the car is not capable of driving at high speeds. Besides the speed governor.

Last edited by cdynaco; 1/16/12 at 01:50 PM.
Old 1/16/12, 01:10 PM
Bear Eats King...
Bear ****s Bone

Originally Posted by cdynaco

Umm... they build street legal cars. They have no obligation whatsoever to build 100mph+ cars at all. For those that want track abilities, what self-respecting racer is ever going to even consider a V6?
That would be smart
Old 1/16/12, 01:22 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Maybe the 370 z does go 180. I have no clue if it does. I would imagine it could go135 plus without blowing a driveshaft and its a v6 300 hp car but I guess that's not a real sports car either because its not a v8. Just a daily driver kind of car.
Originally Posted by texastboneking
:Facepalm: this Guy is hopeless... I get the feeling he has no idea how an engine even works...
With a response like that from him (above), I rest my case. Hard to argue/debate with someone who can't keep the point of the conversation in hand. I am out.
Old 1/16/12, 01:28 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Respectfully, I think your missing the point. Its not about false advertising. Its about marketing and advertising a sense of false security to customers who think there buying a 305 hp sports car. The car has great low end speed like the 2010 Gt and its marketed as such. There would be no reason on why the average non mustang forum reader to think there buying a vehicle that couldn't handle 135 plus. Its not about going 160. Its about giving a sports car all that power, giving a speed gauge that would indicate the vehicle could handle high speeds only in reality it can't because the driveshaft used is weaker for a car that is as powerful as the previous year Gt's. Doesn't make sense, v6 or not. Fast is fast and the 11 plus stangs are powerful, respectful sports cars.
Old 1/16/12, 01:33 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Respectfully, I think your missing the point. Its not about false advertising. Its about marketing and advertising a sense of false security to customers who think there buying a 305 hp sports car. The car has great low end speed like the 2010 Gt and its marketed as such. There would be no reason on why the average non mustang forum reader to think there buying a vehicle that couldn't handle 135 plus. Its not about going 160. Its about giving a sports car all that power, giving a speed gauge that would indicate the vehicle could handle high speeds only in reality it can't because the driveshaft used is weaker for a car that is as powerful as the previous year Gt's. Doesn't make sense, v6 or not. Fast is fast and the 11 plus stangs are powerful, respectful sports cars.
Well, most high way speed limits aren't over 75mph and the v6 wont hit the governor on the strip.... Where would you even be going 135mph?
Old 1/16/12, 01:34 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by cdynaco

Umm... they build street legal cars. They have no obligation whatsoever to build 100mph+ cars at all. For those that want track abilities, what self-respecting racer is ever going to even consider a V6?
Sir, hate to break it too you but a 115 mph limit is not street legal speed. No where in the USA is the speed limit 115. Don't give me that Ford has no obligation. Ford makes what customers want as the other car manufacturers. They make the 5.0 go 145 plus because people want that. Please don't tell me people would be okay with a 5.0 going 115. Why have any car be able to drive over 75? Please. People want fast sports cars

Ford is producing a 2013 gt500 that goes 200 mph . What obligation did Ford have in doing that. Please. Stop.

Last edited by 2011 Kona Blue; 1/16/12 at 01:40 PM.
Old 1/16/12, 01:37 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by cpotts13

Well, most high way speed limits aren't over 75mph and the v6 wont hit the governor on the strip.... Where would you even be going 135mph?
Wherever there is a long straight highway my friend. You need to get out more.
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Why are you guys continuing this pointless discussion?

All you regular posters quit responding to this thread so it will die an agonizing death and be gone.
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
You, my friend, really need to stop, relax and think about what you're posting. You are starting to undermine and contradict what you yourself post. That's when you know, you really have no point, or no clue what you're talking about. And frankly, it's a waste of not only YOUR time, but all of ours. This is my last post/response to you, because honestly, you are wasting my time.

Remember your post from page 1 below???

Well I appreciate your insight on this. If in fact the v6 driveshafts are weaker and not able to withstand speeds such as 135, then shame on Ford for not warning customers this. Shame of Ford for indicating and advertising to me my 2011 v6 stang is capable of going 160. My 2011 stang came with a stock factor speed odometer that reads 160. When I looked at the car, test drove it the speed odometer read 160. Ford is advertising this vehicle and giving off the impression this 305 hp vehicle is capable of going 160 mph. This is not the case and there speed odometer should not advertise such. It gives people a false sense of what the car is not really capable of doing.

One reason consumers buy a sports car is to drive fast especially if you got a stang. Ford really needs to change on how there marketing and advertising this car.

And now you're saying this, below:

Enough OP. Stop talking out of your ***.

You remind me of a famous quote:

"'Tis better to silent and be thought of a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt."

Last edited by FromZto5; 1/16/12 at 01:39 PM.
Old 1/16/12, 01:38 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
305 hp isnt a great deal of hp now days. The 2012 honda accord has 271hp. Ford markets the car has a great mgp car. They do not need to tell people about the limiter because its not legal to drive that fast. I am sure it makes a poor air plane aswell.

Why doy uo think 305hp = 135 mph or greater?? why does that matter?? people that go to the track buy V8's.
Old 1/16/12, 01:40 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Sir, hate to break it too you but a 115 mph limit is not street legal speed. No where in the USA is the speed limit 115. Don't give me that Ford has no obligation. Ford makes what customers want as the other car manufacturers. They make the 5.0 go 145 plus because people want that. Please don't tell me people would be okay with a 5.0 going 115. Why have any car be able to drive over 75? Please. People want fast sports cars
The GT car is built for that speed bacuse its a GT car.. you do not seem to understand that. A GT car has nothing to do with being a V8 and more to do with what its made and setup for doing.
Old 1/16/12, 01:42 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by FromZto5
You, my friend, really need to stop, relax and think about what you're posting. You are starting to undermine and contradict what you yourself post. That's when you know, you really have no point, or no clue what you're talking about. And frankly, it's a waste of not only YOUR time, but all of ours. This is my last post/response to you, because honestly, you are wasting my time.

Remember your post from page 1 below???

And now you're saying this, below:

Enough OP. Stop talking out of your ***.

You remind me of a famous quote:

"'Tis better to silent and be thought of a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt."
Sounds the same on both posts. I guess I missing something. What both sides. What have I said different?
Old 1/16/12, 01:44 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by Flagstang
305 hp isnt a great deal of hp now days. The 2012 honda accord has 271hp. Ford markets the car has a great mgp car. They do not need to tell people about the limiter because its not legal to drive that fast. I am sure it makes a poor air plane aswell.

Why doy uo think 305hp = 135 mph or greater?? why does that matter?? people that go to the track buy V8's.
I don't track race so having a v8 is not important to me.
Post *****

Originally Posted by Ltngdrvr
Why are you guys continuing this pointless discussion?

All you regular posters quit responding to this thread so it will die an agonizing death and be gone.
I'm in.

OP is just a christmas turkey.

besides... isn't promoting illegal street racing speeds against tms policy?

Last edited by cdynaco; 1/16/12 at 01:46 PM.
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Wherever there is a long straight highway my friend. You need to get out more.
are you crazy? I mean out of your head??? because we have roads that you can do over 115mph(not legal at all what so ever. thats jail time) ford should make your car able to do so?

you car is a sporty car but ti has its limits. Just because you have close to the same hp as the OLD v8 doesnt mean the car was designed to do the same. also the people at ford would be fools to build a v6 car that is in the same ball park as the GT car.

Quick Reply: 2011 v6 Driveshafts