2011 v6 Driveshafts

Search this Thread

Old 1/16/12, 12:07 PM
Bear Eats King...
Bear ****s Bone

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The op is just a troll..

I stick with my original statement.

Kid in high-school whose parents spoiled him with a new v6 Stang and he now thinks he is the ****!
Old 1/16/12, 12:08 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by texastboneking
The op is just a troll..

I stick with my original statement.

Kid in high-school whose parents spoiled him with a new v6 Stang and he now thinks he is the ****!
Bro, Im 37 Sir. Never had a stang until now. What are you talking about.
Old 1/16/12, 12:10 PM
Bear Eats King...
Bear ****s Bone

Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue

Bro, Im 37 Sir. Never had a stang until now. What are you talking about.
Your acting like what I said.
Just curious.. what was your previous car?
Old 1/16/12, 12:12 PM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

Let it go Bone. Pick another thread.
Old 1/16/12, 12:14 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ford should at least upgrade the driveshaft on models with W rated tires.. Pony pkg, MCA, Performance pkg...

they did start advertising the 11 v6 as more of a high performance car like the commercial w the sterling gray v6 with the Roush front

edit: or at least make it an option.. an after mkt v6 driveshaft costs over $500

Last edited by cinque35; 1/16/12 at 12:17 PM.
Old 1/16/12, 12:14 PM
Bear Eats King...
Bear ****s Bone

Originally Posted by AlsCobra

Let it go Bone. Pick another thread.
I'm betting his previous car was a Honda
Old 1/16/12, 12:16 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

I also have a 2005 Mazda Mini Van. Never owned a Honda
Old 1/16/12, 12:19 PM
Bear Eats King...
Bear ****s Bone

What was your previous daily driver? What car have you owned that had the most HP?
Old 1/16/12, 12:19 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
why are you so stuck on this?? it is what it is and people talking on a forum wont change a thing. Forums are a place to get info not fight facts.
Old 1/16/12, 12:21 PM
Bear Eats King...
Bear ****s Bone

Originally Posted by Flagstang
why are you so stuck on this?? it is what it is and people talking on a forum wont change a thing. Forums are a place to get info not fight facts.
A forum is what you make it
Old 1/16/12, 12:23 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
can we get this back on track???

its not about some guy with a 97 cobra.. its about a drive shaft. you do not worry about going to 135 because your car has a speed limiter on it and its not possible unless you use a tuner to remove that limiter. Ford put that limiter on the car so it would be safe for the hobbiest or the daily driver.

also it not about if a v6 is a real sports car or not.. its a real mustang just not the sports model. Ford sold the V6 mustang as a great mpg car and not the weekend drag beast. They offered the v8 as the drag/track car. Thats why they did not offer a ford racing supercharger or brembo breaks for the V6.
Ding ding ding. We have a winner. ^ This. This thread is worthless. Mods should close it. OP, frankly, I'm lost with your train of logic, if you even had any in the first place. One point you're bashing Ford, then next minute you're praising them... then you start talking about who's going to win a drag race between a V6 and a V8? I mean honestly. Come on. Are you just trolling the forum to debate about anything? You make no sense.

Yeah, im aware. And the point is. The newer cars are awesome. The v6 stang is no longer the slow wanna be sports car. Just two years ago the 2010 Gt was the true sports car. One year later the v6 was pumping almost identical track numbers as the big v8 for thousands less, better fuel mpg and lower car insurance. Ford did an awesome job. Heck the v6 family car Fusion is pumping 263 hp. That's awesome.
^ Here. One minute Ford sucks, next minute, they are Gods. Which is it?

Originally Posted by jskup1
I guess having 168MPH speed rating tires on a GT whose top speed is 160 is also false advertising.

This reminds me of the person who sued McDonalds because their coffee was hot and it didn't say that on the cup.
Exactly.

No offense but its a civic. Few care about doing 130 in a civic. Many people want to do 130 plus in a stang. Its a sports car. Respectfully, don't compare a civic to an american iconic pony car.
Again, you sadly miss my point. Having a discussion with you is pointless. You MISS THE POINT. It's not about the kind of the car. I was pointing out your LOGIC. Your logic does NOT apply. You want me to use another example? Something more "sportscar-like", just to stoop down to your level for sake of the argument? How about my Nissan 370Z... an "iconic" Japanese sports car? Speedo says 180. Do you honestly think the car SHOULD go 180mph, and if it does not, that's false advertising?

Come on man.... you HAVE to be smarter than that. There HAS to be more common sense.... has to be. I have faith in you. Think about it for a little bit.

EDIT: and by the way, IF you start reply to this post and start talking about how Japanese cars are rice and pieces of crap, my hope for you having SOME common sense and logic is all but lost. Stick to the POINT at hand please, which is, (to help you out): "Sports cars should be able to perform to the max posted speed on the speedometer, else it's false advertising."

Last edited by FromZto5; 1/16/12 at 12:27 PM.
Old 1/16/12, 12:24 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

I like that hes thinks we are wrong even tho that speed limitor and the shaft says other wise.
Old 1/16/12, 12:27 PM
Bear Eats King...
Bear ****s Bone

Not much sense for a 37 yr old
Old 1/16/12, 12:29 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

lets think of big turbo trucks. The have 150 mph speedos in them and they make a ton of hp and tq. They can blow the doors off many sports cars. But when you mod them they make twice what they were in power(hp and tq). But when you take them to the track they do well a few times and then they start blowing drivetrain(trans cases,shafts).
Old 1/16/12, 12:33 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
lets think of big turbo trucks. The have 150 mph speedos in them and they make a ton of hp and tq. They can blow the doors off many sports cars. But when you mod them they make twice what they were in power(hp and tq). But when you take them to the track they do well a few times and then they start blowing drivetrain(trans cases,shafts).

Question is... CAN they GO 150 mph????? as "advertised"???
Old 1/16/12, 12:33 PM
Bear Eats King...
Bear ****s Bone

Originally Posted by FromZto5

Question is... CAN they GO 150 mph????? as "advertised"???
Old 1/16/12, 12:54 PM
Post *****

;;;;

Last edited by cdynaco; 1/16/12 at 01:48 PM.
Old 1/16/12, 12:55 PM
Post *****

Last edited by cdynaco; 1/16/12 at 01:48 PM.
Old 1/16/12, 12:56 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

What was your previous daily driver? What car have you owned that had the most HP?
For the past 13 years my daily driver has been an agency take home Ford Crown Victoria. My wife and I owned a 2008 Nissan Sentra. I had owned a 1995 Chevy Lumina. I had also owned a 1993 Camaro v6 with s whoppoing 165 hp , slower than dirt. But back when I was 19 that's what I could afford. Buy far my 2011 v6 is the most powerful, fastest, most enjoyable car I have ever owned. Love it and Love Ford quality. My next car hopefully will be another stang in the distant future.
Old 1/16/12, 01:00 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by FromZto5

Ding ding ding. We have a winner. ^ This. This thread is worthless. Mods should close it. OP, frankly, I'm lost with your train of logic, if you even had any in the first place. One point you're bashing Ford, then next minute you're praising them... then you start talking about who's going to win a drag race between a V6 and a V8? I mean honestly. Come on. Are you just trolling the forum to debate about anything? You make no sense.

^ Here. One minute Ford sucks, next minute, they are Gods. Which is it?

Exactly.

Again, you sadly miss my point. Having a discussion with you is pointless. You MISS THE POINT. It's not about the kind of the car. I was pointing out your LOGIC. Your logic does NOT apply. You want me to use another example? Something more "sportscar-like", just to stoop down to your level for sake of the argument? How about my Nissan 370Z... an "iconic" Japanese sports car? Speedo says 180. Do you honestly think the car SHOULD go 180mph, and if it does not, that's false advertising?

Come on man.... you HAVE to be smarter than that. There HAS to be more common sense.... has to be. I have faith in you. Think about it for a little bit.

EDIT: and by the way, IF you start reply to this post and start talking about how Japanese cars are rice and pieces of crap, my hope for you having SOME common sense and logic is all but lost. Stick to the POINT at hand please, which is, (to help you out): "Sports cars should be able to perform to the max posted speed on the speedometer, else it's false advertising."
Not bashing Ford just think they should change some things if the car is not capable of driving at high speeds. Besides the speed governor.

Quick Reply: 2011 v6 Driveshafts