Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2010+ Info as far as we know

Search this Thread

Old 7/16/08, 01:57 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by V10
You'd mind a lot when you can't drive it on public roads because it doesn't meet safety regs.

Point taken, Im just saying its not really a deal breaker for me. I think I could speak for about 99% of the board as well lol
Old 7/16/08, 07:38 AM
Cobra Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by V10
You'd mind a lot when you can't drive it on public roads because it doesn't meet safety regs.
What about all those Jeeps that drive around without doors? Or do those have different regs cuz they are a "truck"?
Old 8/2/08, 09:29 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Supposedly...

It'll have optional lighting on upscale models. Just like you can get on the Flex headlamps and taillights. Also the Shelby model seems to have different headlight buckets, which seems to be a given seeing as that the spy pics show inboard parking lights in the grill as opposed to ones attached to the headlight bezels on the regular Mustangs.
Old 8/3/08, 02:21 AM
Closet American

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by stangsimon
This is all the more reason to bring over the Euro Fords ASAP. They have better styling, bigger wheels, better interiors and more features. It's unfortunate that the dollar is so low, and shipping costs across the Atlantic are so high, but I have a radical idea: Sell them at a loss. Ford is already losing money. ( Every U.S. Focus sold loses money, believe it or not. ) But the positive effect of having better product w/ a Ford badge will lift the image of the brand. Look what has happened w/ the Chevy Malibu and Cadillac CTS. You'd think they were Ferraris the way the press talks about them. This is the only way to build up the brand's image. It won't be instant, and unfortunately, everyone always wants an instant fix. But if they bite the bullet now, they will have to spend less money on trying to fake everyone over with advertising and incentives to move unwanted inventory.
You don't even have to do that. Since R&D and engineering is already done (thus saving engineering costs for separate "North American" vehicles) simply retool certain plants and build them over here.
Old 8/3/08, 02:34 AM
Closet American

Originally Posted by Vermillion06
BMW, Audi, & Mercedes are something that Ford is not: they are premium brands here in the US and have a snob appeal that Ford does not. Ford in the US is an everyman's brand and is not perceived as having the same prestige as BMW, Audi, or Mercedes. So what works for those makes will not necessarily work for Ford.

VW sells nearly identical vehicles in the US & Europe, but the tiny volume they sell in the US is no where near the huge number of vehicles they sell in Europe. GM brought the Opel Astra to the US and the only thing they changed was the that they replaced the Opel badge with a Saturn badge and it's not exactly burning up the sales charts neither.

VW and Saturn do not have snob appeal in the US neither. VW made their name in the US with the original Beetle and Rabbit - economy cars, and Saturn is not thought of as a prestige brand.
Well, VWs are largely perceived to be of questionable reliability in North America (certainly everybody I know thinks of them as dodgy) so that's probably a big part of the reason North American buyers shy away from them.

As to GM: their woes run much deeper than what any one brand can rectify, especially Saturn. Saturn never really caught on in the big way that GM had hoped, and the General simply has too many vehicles in its roster. Realistically, all they need is Cadillac, Chevrolet and maybe Saturn. Those three brands would cover every conceivable market segment GM could possibly hope to meet in their present situation. As to the Saturn/Opel Astra, it's actually a good car. But GM has squandered too much customer good will in this market segment that it may simply be too late now.

It's a shame that GM and Ford dropped the ball in recent years. Nothing worse than having to pay for the same real estate twice...especially on your home soil.

Sure, it's possible Mulally's strategy of adopting the Euro designs and engineering for North America might flop, but the strategy of the past decade most certainly has, and there's nothing to lose at this point. It's bottom of the ninth and the bases are loaded. Time for a 'bold move'.
Old 8/3/08, 03:04 AM
MOTM Committee Member

Originally Posted by Topnotch
It'll have optional lighting on upscale models. Just like you can get on the Flex headlamps and taillights. Also the Shelby model seems to have different headlight buckets, which seems to be a given seeing as that the spy pics show inboard parking lights in the grill as opposed to ones attached to the headlight bezels on the regular Mustangs.
so excited to hear this because i've always thought the headlights themselves on the 05-09 looked like they were parts straight from the sixties.

In fact the only thing i like on the new camaro is its futuristic style headlights. Ford can keep the classic circular shape, just give me a contemporary design
Old 8/3/08, 10:54 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by stangfoeva
so excited to hear this because i've always thought the headlights themselves on the 05-09 looked like they were parts straight from the sixties.
Hell, that's one reason I like them!
Old 8/4/08, 12:05 AM
MOTM Committee Member

Originally Posted by Wolfsburg
Hell, that's one reason I like them!
dont get me wrong they worked great with the car, but i was kinda hoping they'd update them a bit with the '10 refresh. looks like we'll both get our wish cuz according to Topnotch its just option
Old 8/4/08, 03:50 PM
Needs to be more Astony

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
[quote=Hollywood_North GT;5609627] Realistically, all they need is Cadillac, Chevrolet and maybe Saturn. quote]

Thats how toyota does it, Lexus, Toyota, Scion.
Old 8/4/08, 09:14 PM
Team Mustang Source

[quote=Knight;5610287]
Originally Posted by Hollywood_North GT
Realistically, all they need is Cadillac, Chevrolet and maybe Saturn. quote]

Thats how toyota does it, Lexus, Toyota, Scion.
I'm not certain Chevy is truly viable as a mainstream auto brand anymore, at least not in the way GM needs for it to be. The name is arguably tarnished to a point where 'fixing it' in this particular respect may not be worthwhile, meaning that perhaps GM should look elsewhere for their 'volume' Toyota/Honda fighter IMO.

I think the answer is obvious. Buick has a reputation as an 'old mans' car, but of all of the GM brands it also arguably has the best reputation for reliability and, even if it is seen as an 'old mans' cars, I would argue that it at least has a bit of an entry level luxury feel to the name although it is fading fast. Certainly it wears nothing like the stigma the Chevy or Pontiac badges do.

Put simply, I think you are going to have a much easier time convincing women in their thirties that Buick is building worthwhile, attractive cars again than you would convincing them to consider any car with a Chevy badge on it. And it is difficult to survive these days unless that demographic is willing to seriously consider your product.
Old 8/7/08, 07:48 PM
Team Mustang Source

FYI...

Stop by your Ford dealer and check out the new Flex..Why?
It has Fords new global symphonic door chime and when turning the key...
It will be on all Ford cars worldwide going forward. No more ding,ding,ding....
It has a great sound and also the blue lighting looks awesome.
Old 8/22/08, 08:44 PM
Team Mustang Source

The little things...

Most people are focused on engines, axles, and exterior lighting but the subtle changes I think will win them over.
The "MX-5" Antenna moved the the rear, the firmer seating, the blue interior lighting, the Sony sound system, the new door chime, the steering wheel controls, the optional SYNC, the HVAC controls, just the overall layout. The fact that most sheet metal has changed, and interior plastic and soft touch has improved is pretty substancial.

I noticed that the Pontiac G6 will get revamped in 2010 after debuting in 2005.
2005:

2010:
Old 8/28/08, 10:57 AM
V6 Member

Ok so from what I've seen thus far (pictures of bits of bits) of the new 2010 stang...looks like typical Detroit schlock again. Take good clean design and throw on all the stuff that was discarded in the first design review. (I hope I'm wrong about this), but looking at the new hood pic that's what comes to mind, Detroit schlock. I guesss the dinosaur was hoping for a slow evolved designed instead of GM-ish bling. (Sigh!)
Old 8/28/08, 01:28 PM
V6 Member

Okay so Im getting ready to pull the trigger on a 2008 GT.. Do we know for sure that the 5.0 will only be available 2011 MY? Any possibility they may offer the 5.0 in 2009 as a 2010 model? Maybe Boomer can enlighten me and save me a 2-year lease
Old 8/28/08, 04:59 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Originally Posted by vaheek
Okay so Im getting ready to pull the trigger on a 2008 GT.. Do we know for sure that the 5.0 will only be available 2011 MY? Any possibility they may offer the 5.0 in 2009 as a 2010 model? Maybe Boomer can enlighten me and save me a 2-year lease
We don't know for sure, but all the insider seem to indicate that the 5.0 won't arrive until 2011. But anything could change....

You should probably just wait till November when we know all the info for sure
Old 8/28/08, 05:02 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Topnotch
I noticed that the Pontiac G6 will get revamped in 2010 after debuting in 2005.
**** that thing makes an UGLY convertible,,,,,
Old 8/28/08, 07:55 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by stangfoeva
We don't know for sure, but all the insider seem to indicate that the 5.0 won't arrive until 2011. But anything could change....

You should probably just wait till November when we know all the info for sure
The wait is killing me..
Old 8/28/08, 08:43 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Originally Posted by vaheek
The wait is killing me..
I feel ya man, it's killing me too! But at least we can see it in person when it debuts!
Old 9/9/08, 11:36 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Has it been confirmed that the 2010 will have the glassback roof option?
Old 9/14/08, 09:24 AM
Cobra R Member

Ok I got a series of questions for those of you in the know. To the best of my understanding is that the 10' Mustang will be revealed in November. My question is will Ford be showing us the Coupe and Convertible models at the same time? Will we also see the GT500 at this time and will all models be released at the same time? Will Ford also offer specs of the car at the car's release to the public.

I remember back in 05' the drop top wasn't released until 6 months after the coupe, and we waited years for the GT500!

Chevy has already confirmed that the Convertible Camaro won't be here for the first model year while Dodge only offered SRT8s for the first model year of the Challenger.

I really hope Ford blitzes us with everything at once, the delay of the GT500 is the reason why I don't own an s197 today....

If any insiders from Ford are reading....PLEASE GIVE US ALL OUR CHOICES AT LAUNCH! DON'T LOOSE SALES ON SLOWLY GIVING US THE MODEL LINEUP!!!!

Quick Reply: 2010+ Info as far as we know