Ford OEM Parts {Oem Ford Parts Information & Links} Get Ford Parts from Forum Member 05stangkc {Ebay Sales Link}

Andrew Casey's Cancer Battle

Search this Thread

Old 10/29/10, 09:53 PM
Administrator, Shop Manual PDF Poster, Parts Locator & Spam Bot Eliminator!!

Received 2,609 Likes on 1,931 Posts
Thursday

Andrew has a couple of friends whose Parents own a bodyshop and offered to get the front end aligned on the Dodge as it wanders quite a bit. I told them it may need more work than just an alignment and we don't expect you to have to foot the bill for that.

I took it down to the shop and sure enough it needed quite a bit of work. I figured maybe I could pay the difference if it was not to bad. I got the call in the evening and was told that the Body Shop and The Alignment Shop was going to donate a complete front end rebuild for Andrew. It warms the heart.
Btw, Thats Toms Paint & Body and Gross & Stevens front end shop Visalia Ca.
Thank You~

The Doctor from city of Hope Said they may have some options but would call & discuss with Andrews Local Doctor.

I was running out of time to get my warranty work done for work and feverishly did a lot of imputting so the claims would be processed for friday.

MGB,

kc

Last edited by 05stangkc; 10/29/10 at 10:35 PM.
Old 10/29/10, 10:11 PM

Friday

I packed up my paperwork & headed into work to finalize the warranty work for the month. I got an oil change on the marquis and new wiperblades for my wifes truck.

I was working away at the warranties & got called into the office. I was told I was being laid off. I told them I fully understand the situation & appreciate the time I was there. I stayed for a few more hours & finished all the warranties I could as my service guys get paid off of sales. I left on good terms & may return in some capacity in the future. The employee's I did talk to were sad to see me go & that warms the heart. I have to turn in some stuff next week & will say a proper good bye then.

It is regretable timing with all that is going on but as a door closes another opens. if needed I will sell everything I own to keep the boat afloat and to spend every minute I can with my son.

I got home about 4:00 and we fired up the Daytona and went down to newberrys and thanked him again for the ride in the Nova. I updated him on all that happened during the week and then we cruised off to turn some 5:00 Traffic Heads LOL!

It was getting kinda warm and I had to get Andrew home for medication & the car I think Vapor Locked on us right after getting through a real bad intersection. It may have also been some of the watered down gas getting picked up out of the tank. Anywhoo we limped it to a gas station for some premium and managed to get home ok.

Well now you are all up to date! Heck of a week eh!

Oh we never got a call back from Andrews Doctor today. Come to find out the Phone was slghtly askew and was off the hook since who knows when.

Well guess what. If Andrews up to it Dad's going to give him Another great weekend.

What a Ride!

May God Bless!

KC

Last edited by 05stangkc; 10/29/10 at 10:39 PM.
Old 10/29/10, 10:28 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Sorry to hear about you being laid off Kevin.

I will be praying for Andrew and for your family too. Hopefully God will create and opportunity quickly. But in the mean time drive the wheels off that Daytona with Andrew!

God Bless!
Old 10/30/10, 10:52 AM

Update

Andrew has not been Using his oxygen much lately and has not needed any pain pills as well recently. Pretty encouraging for a guy on hospice. I just took this pic.

God is working please keep the prayers going!

Mgb,

Kc
Attached Thumbnails Andrew Casey's Cancer Battle-andrew-048.jpg  
Old 10/30/10, 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by ShowGT
Kevin, do we need to change a mailing address for Andrew and Card Fundraiser?

Grandma's house

Andrew Casey
C/O Jo Smock
1640 West Princeton Court
Visalia Ca. 93277

Mgb,

KC
Old 10/30/10, 10:59 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Kevin, that image alone makes this more rewarding to know Andrew is strong, and smiling with that diecast in his hands and the real deal in the driveway. I am sorry to hear about being laid off, please enjoy the extended time and live with your family. Enjoy what you have not had the opportunity to enjoy, spend the time with your family and make some memories and relive some you may have missed over the years. God Bless, and stay strong for Andrew.
Old 10/30/10, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by ShowGT
Kevin, that image alone makes this more rewarding to know Andrew is strong, and smiling with that diecast in his hands and the real deal in the driveway. I am sorry to hear about being laid off, please enjoy the extended time and live with your family. Enjoy what you have not had the opportunity to enjoy, spend the time with your family and make some memories and relive some you may have missed over the years. God Bless, and stay strong for Andrew.
That is absolutely what I am going to do. Regardless of the end outcome Andrew will forever change the way I look at life and I believe it will do the same for others as well. He is an inspiration to me. He never complains about his situation and just rolls along with the punches.

Mgb,

Kc
Old 10/31/10, 08:34 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

I hope this weekend was filled with fun and smiles!
Old 10/31/10, 10:39 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Holy crap, that's one hell of a week, Kevin!!! Talk about ups and downs!

I am so so sorry to hear about the pneumonia, I know that was the key to the next steps in treatment. I hope that City of Hope will have some good things to say.

I am thinking and praying!
Old 11/1/10, 12:48 PM
Legacy TMS Member Retired

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow...I am speechless....but stepping up the prayers.
Old 11/3/10, 08:43 AM

https://themustangsource.com/f700/pl...4/#post5845693

https://themustangsource.com/f700/pl...2/#post5925630

Update

Friday Evening

After getting laid off from work I thought the surprizes were done from friday but they were not.

We got the call from a friend of the wifes who had went out and found a local shop who wanted to put Andrews 72 Back together for him. They asked if we could get all the parts together and they would pick up the car with a tow truck on saturday and start work on monday.

Andrew, Sarah & I worked on finding all the pieces saturday & got 90% of them in the back seat & trunk before the tow truck showed up. Dad did all the lifting & Andrew Supervised and Sarah took Notes for the shop as to what had to be done & what needed to be done.

Andrew got this car when he was 15 and has never driven it. Between This and the Daytona Andrews car Dreams are coming true as we speak.

To say it has helped his spirit would be an understatement. He continues to amaze us with his activity leval as it has been a month since we got the first bombshell that they could do nothing more for him. By Doctors statements at stanford he should be bed ridden, on oxygen 24/7 & taking heavy doses of pain meds. I feel he is still improving.

More to come!

MGB,

KC

Last edited by 05stangkc; 11/3/10 at 09:00 AM.
Old 11/3/10, 11:39 AM
Bullitt Member

Kevin, I just sent you a small donation via paypal. Thank you for years of great service and support. I wish you and your family nothing but the best. My sister also battled a childhood illness (heart defect) and reading your references to dragging around Ox tanks and other items certainly brings back memories I would soon rather forget, but every day was a gift at some point and none of those memories can be replaced. Your family is in my prayers! Nick Korinis.
Old 11/3/10, 11:58 AM
Mach 1 Member

This photo and that smile bring tears of joy. I've been to the brink and back myself. And what I can share about that experience is, attitude and prayers are the answer. Andrew has both gowing his way.
May God's blessing's rain down on you all.....
Old 11/3/10, 07:49 PM

Update!

The Daytona Came home today from the Front End Shop. It sure drives a whole lot better and the Driver is looking stronger everyday.

Pictured from Top to Bottom

John From Gross & Stevens & Andrew. Big thanks to Them for a top notch Job & Donation of services.

Kibby Maxwell of Tom's Paint & Body Andrew & Terri. We stopped by to thank Kibby & Dwayne the Owners for their Ramrodding & Donation of the new front suspension for Andrew!

2 shots of Andrew & Terri pulling into the house. That thing sure looks mean going down the road!

Andrew right after the ride. Looks pretty spry to me!

Vintage Shots of Dad's Chargers Circa 1979. 68, 69& 70 Models Guess he got brainwashed early LOL! I never even got close to a Daytona even back then!

We have decided that since Andrew is doing and looking so well we are going to get his Labs Done & a Chest X-Ray Done Monday! Lets see how our Treatment is doing. Normally on Hospice you are DONE with treatment and Just made comfortable to pass on. Does this young man look like he has gave up. I think not!

Meanwhile, we are all enjoying our time together as a family and appreciating each day to it's fullest!

MGB,

The Casey's
Attached Thumbnails Andrew Casey's Cancer Battle-andrew-061.jpg   Andrew Casey's Cancer Battle-andrew-062.jpg   Andrew Casey's Cancer Battle-andrew-063.jpg   Andrew Casey's Cancer Battle-andrew-064.jpg   Andrew Casey's Cancer Battle-andrew-065.jpg  

Andrew Casey's Cancer Battle-andrew-066.jpg   Andrew Casey's Cancer Battle-lastscan.jpg  

Last edited by 05stangkc; 11/3/10 at 08:48 PM.
Old 11/3/10, 07:51 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Very cool!!
Old 11/3/10, 08:02 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Wow! The dreams Andrew had all summer have began to come true. I can't get over the mile wide smile on his face, best of love we can give around here and can't wait to see what happens to the '72...
Old 11/3/10, 09:40 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 667 Likes on 541 Posts
He doesn't look sick. He looks great! Good to see him doing so very well!
Old 11/3/10, 10:04 PM
FR500 Member

Wow, I'm envious! Such good times. Summer's long over here, and I just packed my ride away for the winter. Still praying for you all.
Old 11/4/10, 04:18 PM
V6 Member

That is one sweet ride. No wonder he's smiling from ear to ear after driving it!
Old 11/4/10, 10:00 PM

Update

The Hospice nurse came over today and was more than a bit surprized at how good Andrew looked. She listened to his lungs and could hear nothing out of the ordinary. Does that sound like a guy with pnemonia. Monday we will get labs and an X-ray and see whats really going on.

They brought Andrew a new spirometer today at our request which is used to test Lung capacity. Andrews capacity has gained a noticable amount and he used to cough badly after using it previously. He hardly coughs at all anymore.

My gut tells me Andrews condition & test results will be quite a surprize at the Doctors office come monday!

He is really starting to behave like the old Andrew again and is surfing the web for dream parts for his car. He does not need to be waited on so much anymore and does more and more for himself. I can't hardly get him to go to bed at a decent hour anymore. Dad is ready for bed before him.

I am really jazzed at his progress and look forward to some data to support what I am seeing and that is a man on the mend.

MGB.

Kc 4 Andrew, Terri & Sarah

God is Good~

Quick Reply: Andrew Casey's Cancer Battle