Ford OEM Parts {Oem Ford Parts Information & Links} Get Ford Parts from Forum Member 05stangkc {Ebay Sales Link}

Andrew Casey's Cancer Battle

Search this Thread

Old 10/7/10, 08:22 AM
Legacy TMS Member Pr

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts
Andrew and all of your family will be put on the prayers list of my church here in Puerto Rico too, and we'll spread the word to other ones too. You all are always on my thoughts.
Old 10/7/10, 01:59 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Add Towson Maryland (my brother's church where he works) and Brooklyn NY (my home church) to the prayer list.

You're son is a fighter. Just remind him the car isn't done yet and neither is he!
Old 10/7/10, 03:30 PM
Legacy TMS Member Retired

Originally Posted by WarpdSpazm
You're son is a fighter. Just remind him the car isn't done yet and neither is he!
I second that !!!
Old 10/7/10, 09:41 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I could not agree more, the few photos if Andrew turning wrenches on the car as priceless and Kevin and Andrew together need to build that car together, period. As I turn in for the evening, I am saying a prayer as I have done since the very beginning of this thread and I want the Casey Family to know I am thinking about them tonight in Kansas City.
Old 10/7/10, 10:14 PM
Administrator, Shop Manual PDF Poster, Parts Locator & Spam Bot Eliminator!!

Received 2,861 Likes on 2,112 Posts
Update,

We drove the 4 1/2 hours one way to Stanford with my Inlaws, My wife's sister who is visiting from iowa and daughter Sarah this morning. It was a very quiet drive with very little conversation and no radio playing. We were all in our own little worlds wondering what the meeting would bring.

I knew somthing was up when we were simply pointed to his room with no instruction to put on a mask or gown. It is clearly stated on the door both are required.

The meeting was simply a rehash of what I was told by phone and skype monday evening. The only difference being was a larger group of people all in the same place. It was just an unthinkable bit of bad news that we all got to live through twice in one week.

I was truly hoping for a break through at stanford but it was not to be. The doctors asked Andrew a Direct question and wanted to be sure the previous decision was his and not mine or terri's.

Andrew has declined the bone marrow transplant which due to the pnemonia would likely be fatal almost immediately as per stanford. Andrew has chosen to come home and be with family but get any needed antibiotic and blood infusions as needed in fresno to have the maximum time together with family.

We as a family have not givin up and will seek other options ASAP. We will hope and pray for the best but also plan for the unthinkable.

We were supposed to stay overnight but I simply could not bear to sit idle and do nothing in preparation for Andrew & Terri's Homecoming. Sarah stayed to Keep Andrew Company & help mom for the return Trip which we believe will be saturday.

Let me make this clear The hospital gave up not us. I will do everything in my power to find alternatives for andrew & I ask for continued Prayers for this fine young man.

I have never been so emotional in my life as I was today. My son is such a part of me. The best part in my humble opinion.

Mgb,

KC 4

The Casey's

Last edited by 05stangkc; 10/7/10 at 10:18 PM.
Old 10/7/10, 10:19 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Kevin, I want you to know I am here for your family as I have been since this became known in TMS. I just sent Andrew a card and I will help in anyway I can be of service. You just let me know, thanks Brandon Ashlock and Family.
Old 10/7/10, 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by ShowGT
Kevin, I want you to know I am here for your family as I have been since this became known in TMS. I just sent Andrew a card and I will help in anyway I can be of service. You just let me know, thanks Brandon Ashlock and Family.
He really loves the Card you sent with Him in the Charger. He keeps it with him at the hospital to show off.

KC
Old 10/7/10, 10:30 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

That is awesome, I want you to know I am tearing up right now knowing something as simple as this can make him feel so warm and good inside. Thank you for sharing this with me and TMS.

Kevin, can Casey eat cookies or brownies? Let me know, I will throw some in. I want to do something this weekend with TMS members if I get in touch with Jon F...

Last edited by ShowGT; 10/7/10 at 10:35 PM.
Old 10/7/10, 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by ShowGT
That is awesome, I want you to know I am tearing up right now knowing something as simple as this can make him feel so warm and good inside. Thank you for sharing this with me and TMS.

Kevin, can Casey eat cookies or brownies? Let me know, I will throw some in. I want to do something this weekend with TMS members if I get in touch with Joh F...
Certainly

KC
Old 10/7/10, 10:39 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Consider it done. Good night from St. Louis, and please take care of Dad too. Promise me you can get some zzzzz from time to time as well, God Bless.
Old 10/8/10, 07:11 AM
Bullitt Member

Kevin,
I know there are no words to make any of this better. I lost my grandfather in March of 2007 after a few roller coaster rides with cancer over 5 years and many surgeries. That was a crushing time for my family (he was much younger than he should have been). To be a father and lose a child is not the natural cycle of life and as such, I can only imagine is a billion times worse. Our prayers are with you, as is our friendship and support. I know you have many to talk to, but should you need another shoulder/voice... 1.917.856.1294 anytime day or night.
Old 10/8/10, 10:08 AM

Update

Calls placed first thing this A.M. to find alternatives for Andrew. Waiting for call backs. We just refuse to accept current scenario. We will succeed!

Mgb,

KC
Old 10/8/10, 01:06 PM

Please!

Mark your Calendar! Monday October 11Th, 6:00 to 7:00 PDT

We will be at a special healing Prayer Service for Andrew.

We Ask he be healed of his Pnemonia and his Leukemia.

Please be there in spirit with your prayers.

Help us experience the miracle we all want for Andrew.

MGB,

KC for Andrew, Terri & Sarah
Old 10/8/10, 02:06 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Sure Will my friend!!! God Bless!!
Old 10/8/10, 02:10 PM
Legacy TMS Member Pr

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts
Got it!
Old 10/8/10, 02:22 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Kevin, if possible this evening I would like to speak with you about doing something for Andrew via TMS. I have the green light from Jonf but I need to determine final destination and so forth here. Let me know, you can call me at 816 260 1784. Thanks, I look forward to speaking with you.

Brandon
Old 10/8/10, 05:52 PM
Legacy TMS Member Retired

Originally Posted by 05stangkc
Please!

Mark your Calendar! Monday October 11Th, 6:00 to 7:00 PDT

We will be at a special healing Prayer Service for Andrew.

We Ask he be healed of his Pnemonia and his Leukemia.

Please be there in spirit with your prayers.

Help us experience the miracle we all want for Andrew.

MGB,

KC for Andrew, Terri & Sarah
You got it, Brother !! We'll be there in spirit with you, Andrew, Sarah, and Terri. May the Lord, the Great Physician, work a mighty miracle in Andrew's body and all of your lives. He created Andrew. He can fix him. Please God, bless the Casey family.
Old 10/8/10, 07:31 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Be on line in this thread with our prayers.....
Old 10/8/10, 09:03 PM

Update,

Andrew has checked out of the hospital and is at their Apartment in Redwood City. They will be home a day early and I am way behind in preparing the house for their Arrival. I am packing some of his things to make room for any necessary IV Equipment Etc that maybe needed in his room. I will likely be hard at it for quite awhile.

So many things have meaning of special times it is very difficult to keep my composure. I found something I would like to share with all of you.

I always had my parts employee's carry a little notebook in their pockets in case something came up they may need to remember later. On Andrews first day of work on his first job I gave him one as well. He was struggling with the job and one evening I decided to leave him a little note in his book so he would see it the next time he used it. I had totally forgot about it and found it just now as I was sorting. Btw Andrew is a wiz at video games which I mention so you will understand the note better. I just lost it after reading it.

Andrew,

Your new job is just like learning a new game. You have to get familiar with the course & the other players. At first it will be difficult and will have frustrations and disappointments. As you participate you will get better and better until one day you will be an expert & champion.

Give yourself credit for taking the first step & playing. I know you can do it. I believe in you. Give your boss & coworkers the chance to see what I see. Be the man I know you are.

Love,

DAD

Last edited by 05stangkc; 10/8/10 at 09:05 PM.
Old 10/8/10, 09:10 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

I had the opportunity to speak with Kevin this evening, and this one deserving Father before you The Mustang Source. We are behind you in prayer, I would hope everyone reading this is clapping as they stand up for a standing ovation, I know I would as this gets better and stronger as Andrew becomes the champion we all know he is becoming. I will say a prayer this weekend and be sure Andrew's name is once again posted at our church.

Last edited by ShowGT; 10/9/10 at 01:01 AM.

Quick Reply: Andrew Casey's Cancer Battle