Ford OEM Parts {Oem Ford Parts Information & Links} Get Ford Parts from Forum Member 05stangkc {Ebay Sales Link}

Andrew Casey's Cancer Battle

Search this Thread

Old 12/6/10, 09:43 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 05stangkc
Update

Andrew got a couple of Cash Donations for his Christmas/Birthday Fund & has been Burning up the Internet on Ebay looking for Stuff. You can cross off the 64 Dodge Model on His Christmas List as he found one on Ebay for Himself. Also The 69 Daytona Model I found for Him on Ebay as well.
Darn he's quick! I ordered them up on Friday! We had found models for the Charger and the Charger Daytona. We weren't able to find the Max Wedge 330 car. Seems you did so that's cool...
So he just needs the Stock '68 charger then? The Daytona model I found was a 2 in 1 kit with the 440 and the hemi motors both in the package. Second engine could be put on a little motor stand. I can still send that if you think he'll like a second one?
How about the paint and brushes, can you still use those? Are there any other cars you can think of he may like? They had a 440 Super Bee in stock (think it was a '68?)

Let me know!
Old 12/6/10, 10:51 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
When do you get the marrow test results back?
Old 12/6/10, 03:51 PM
The Analog Admin!

Received 2,992 Likes on 2,199 Posts
Originally Posted by WarpdSpazm
Darn he's quick! I ordered them up on Friday! We had found models for the Charger and the Charger Daytona. We weren't able to find the Max Wedge 330 car. Seems you did so that's cool...
So he just needs the Stock '68 charger then? The Daytona model I found was a 2 in 1 kit with the 440 and the hemi motors both in the package. Second engine could be put on a little motor stand. I can still send that if you think he'll like a second one?
How about the paint and brushes, can you still use those? Are there any other cars you can think of he may like? They had a 440 Super Bee in stock (think it was a '68?)

Let me know!
Hello,

Duplications on the Models are not an Issue as I know he is wanting to make some for Daytona George as a thank you. I do not believe anybody has confirmed on the Paint sets but he has a backlog of Models to build. So duplications on paint would not be an Issue either.He does not have a SUPER BEE model I know and I am sure that would be a big hit. a 71-74 Charger or Super Bee would also be somthing he would like.

MGB,

KC
Old 12/6/10, 03:53 PM
The Analog Admin!

Originally Posted by BlueSkyVert
When do you get the marrow test results back?
The Doctor did not do the Test yet. We are having an Issue with this and hope to get one done soon.

Kc
Old 12/7/10, 12:26 PM
The Analog Admin!

Andrews Updated Christmas List.

If anybody else is going to donate any of the Items on the List please confirm by 12/15/10 So we can have time to fill some of the Items by Christmas. We are not going to get all the Items of course it is just a guideline. We appreciate all those who have & are supporting Andrews fight.

The 72 is still being put back together, It was ready to fire last week but turns out the fuel tank was rusted out and it is being resealed and hopefully it will be done this week. Andrew could use a lift about now and having a car back would help. I am still working on the 70 and the more I grind the more I find. Rust that is. Aye carumba.

We have another Doctors Appointment tommorrow and I am wondering if Andrew is really telling us how he is feeling. As I talked to him this morning he was shaking fairly noticably and I am concerend. We would like to give him a great Christmas & Birthday but come January I think we will have to make some treatment plans. I am not wanting to think about that & I will concentrate on the present & worry about Next year come next year.

Yesterday I completed my first independant Gt-500 conversion sale & it's on it's way to my first customer in Texas. Lots of extra goodies stuffed in the boxes for good measure as before. It felt good to be back in the Mustang World.

We really appreciate everybodies continued support & prayers as the battle continues.
Attached Thumbnails Andrew Casey's Cancer Battle-andrewlist.jpg   Andrew Casey's Cancer Battle-andrewlist1.jpg  
Old 12/7/10, 02:28 PM
Cobra Member

We have another Doctors Appointment tommorrow and I am wondering if Andrew is really telling us how he is feeling. As I talked to him this morning he was shaking fairly noticably and I am concerend. We would like to give him a great Christmas & Birthday but come January I think we will have to make some treatment plans. I am not wanting to think about that & I will concentrate on the present & worry about Next year come next year.
Poor guy

I hope that when you do get the marrow test done, the % is even lower than last time!!!

Can you wait until January?

But it sounds like he is really going to have a GREAT Christmas!!!
Old 12/7/10, 09:33 PM
The Analog Admin!

Originally Posted by BlueSkyVert
Poor guy

I hope that when you do get the marrow test done, the % is even lower than last time!!!

Can you wait until January?

But it sounds like he is really going to have a GREAT Christmas!!!
Andrew perked up a bit this afternoon and painted the SUPERBIRD model he is making for George for Christmas. I got him some paint that is the exact color as Georges Hemi Superbird.He does a nice job on models. I commented he works on models like it's a real car just smaller.

He has Dad's skills with the spray can. Comes from being a Teen with no money for Chrome so a nicely painted engine compartment always did the deed. He seemed to enjoy being outside. Meanwhile I was grinding on the Daytona Floorpan in the driveway as well as usual. So we were at least working close by to each other.

We shall see what new info the trip to the Doctors brings tomorrow and will post then.

MGB,

KC
Old 12/7/10, 09:45 PM
Cobra Member

Show us the models when he's done, I'd love to see his work I used to love doing models too, but don't have the patience anymore.
Old 12/7/10, 09:54 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I attended a prayer service this evening and Andrew was asked about, my group can not get over the progress/improvements he has shown you have shared. I pray for a recovery behind relief, I hope Wednesday brings more encouraging news for the family Kevin.
Old 12/8/10, 04:12 PM
Bullitt Member

Kevin

email sent with tracking number. Please confirm it was received and game intact. According to UPS, it should be out for delivery right now, so his grandparents should have it at any point today.

Merry Christmas to Andrew, you and your family. My prayers are definately with you all.

Hello,

You can use the clevparts@aol.com email for tracking. My P.M'S. are not turned on cause back in the Day I would Send the Hot-sheets and they would not go through that. It was just a lot easier to have the messages all coming and going from the same place.

Thanks again!

Mgb,

KC
Old 12/9/10, 11:52 AM
The Analog Admin!

I wanted to share this email I got on Andrews Donor email address. I really appreciated the sentiment.

MGB,

KC

Hi Kevin,

I wanted to let you know I have just posted $### to your paypal account for your traveling/medical expenses as your son is treated. I think I sent it correctly, so you should check to confirm sometime.

I also wanted to let you know since I ordered my 2008 GT500 conversion kit from you this spring I have been following your sons story on the forums. I sincerely wish you and your family all the best. I believe your story is inspirational and touching to everyone reading it. You are braver than most by sharing it. Thank you for sharing it. I enjoy reading the highs and feel tense and sad reading the lows.

It is so cool how your sons dreams are being realized so quickly by so many others. Awesome stuff. Do know your family is in our prayers.

I also wish you luck in your future employment search. I couldn't believe it when I read it that you were let go again in such short time, but it does open the door for you to spend time with your family.

Take care Kevin. May God bless you and Andrew
Old 12/9/10, 11:58 AM
The Analog Admin!

Update

Andrews labs remain Stable. His platlettes are still very low and the Doctor is not wanting to do an infusion yet. We are going to adjust his {treatment} a bit and see if we can gain some ground vs holding our own. Andrew is itching to be more active but is very limited because of his platelette level.

Looking forward to his Birthday & Christmas. It will be quite special this year.

Still getting emails on the 500 Kits and I all set to sell the Trufiber Hoods as well.

Mgb,

KC
Old 12/9/10, 12:01 PM
The Analog Admin!

Originally Posted by Andretti1
Kevin

email sent with tracking number. Please confirm it was received and game intact. According to UPS, it should be out for delivery right now, so his grandparents should have it at any point today.

Merry Christmas to Andrew, you and your family. My prayers are definately with you all.
Confiramtion Package recieved. Also Mom found an Ipod on Ebay for a good price so that Item is takin care of.

Thanks so much for the Game. I'm sure Andrew will love it.

Mgb,

Kc
Old 12/9/10, 03:23 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Kevin, I would like for you to call me this evening if you see this post, thanks

Brandon 816-507-1860 anytime my friend, I know your time is family time. Thanks again!
Old 12/9/10, 04:05 PM
Bullitt Member

Confiramtion Package recieved. Also Mom found an Ipod on Ebay for a good price so that Item is takin care of.

Thanks so much for the Game. I'm sure Andrew will love it.

Mgb,

Kc

Thanks for the comfirmation of receiving. I pray you all have a very happy Christmas.

Andretti
Old 12/10/10, 12:30 PM
The Analog Admin!

Update

Andrew is finding a new niche for a Little Income. He is combing Ebay for Bargains that can be Resold. He found a Grille Listed for a 70 Monaco for $40.00 Bucks. He was positive it was a 71 Charger Grille and worth closer to $200.00. I told him to go for it!

It came today and it is a 71 Charger Grille and in great shape. We will clean it up and Dad will show him how to list and hope for a Tidy profit for Him. He is pretty proud of himself. So is Dad. I hope for him to get good at Ebay & help Dad move some Parts!

MGb,

KC
Old 12/10/10, 01:16 PM
Swamp Donkey Man Cans

Great find!! Good Luck.

Back about two years ago when I was cleaning out my parents basement I came across a hood orniment for a 1978 T-Bird, my father had one new back then. Well it was still new in the box never installed. I listed it on e-bay and 5 days later I had $570 in my pocket.
Old 12/10/10, 08:25 PM
The Analog Admin!

Originally Posted by 07S197
Great find!! Good Luck.

Back about two years ago when I was cleaning out my parents basement I came across a hood orniment for a 1978 T-Bird, my father had one new back then. Well it was still new in the box never installed. I listed it on e-bay and 5 days later I had $570 in my pocket.
Some years back a friends dad gave me a bunch of NOS parts from a bodyshop that had wnt out of business. One of the Items was an NOS Side marker for a 71 ROAD RUNNER. It was a one year only Piece and no repops were made at the time and it brought close to $500.00 I was hooked after that!

Thanks For Sharing.

Andrew almost got to hear his 72 Run for the first time today but a dead fuel pump put it off til the part gets here Monday. He was disappointed but Monday will be here soon enough. It should sound great with the Hot cam & New Exhaust System. Kinda anxious to hear it myself. I guess 5 years is a long time between getting a car & finally being able to drive it.

Mgb,

KC

Last edited by 05stangkc; 12/10/10 at 08:28 PM.
Old 12/11/10, 11:44 AM
Bullitt Member

Hey, you never know what you'll find. My wifes uncle, who's been a life long slacker, hits all sorts of flea markets and collects 'junk'.

One of his brothers (not my father in law) hits on hard times and needs some financial help. Roger decides maybe he can go through all his stuff he's collected over the years and maybe he can sell some to help out. Him and a friend go through alot of his stuff....only to find a painting he got some years ago for not more than $20. The friend is into art work and tells roger that 'this might be worth something'. After a few days of searching and showing some people 'in the know' the painting is considered to be worth $300,000 to $500,000.

Eventually it sells at Christies Auction house for $1,300,000. Thats ONE MILLION three hundred thousand...

It made the print and media news as well.

http://www.journaltimes.com/article_...868b9dd61.html

Again...you never know!

Andretti
Old 12/11/10, 01:48 PM
The Analog Admin!

Originally Posted by Andretti1
Hey, you never know what you'll find. My wifes uncle, who's been a life long slacker, hits all sorts of flea markets and collects 'junk'.

One of his brothers (not my father in law) hits on hard times and needs some financial help. Roger decides maybe he can go through all his stuff he's collected over the years and maybe he can sell some to help out. Him and a friend go through alot of his stuff....only to find a painting he got some years ago for not more than $20. The friend is into art work and tells roger that 'this might be worth something'. After a few days of searching and showing some people 'in the know' the painting is considered to be worth $300,000 to $500,000.

Eventually it sells at Christies Auction house for $1,300,000. Thats ONE MILLION three hundred thousand...

It made the print and media news as well.

http://www.journaltimes.com/article_...868b9dd61.html

Again...you never know!

Andretti
That Story is Priceless!

Mgb,

Kc

Quick Reply: Andrew Casey's Cancer Battle