Ford OEM Parts {Oem Ford Parts Information & Links} Get Ford Parts from Forum Member 05stangkc {Ebay Sales Link}

Andrew Casey's Cancer Battle

Search this Thread

Old 10/23/10, 10:24 PM
Administrator, Shop Manual PDF Poster, Parts Locator & Spam Bot Eliminator!!

Received 2,620 Likes on 1,939 Posts
Update

What a Day! What a Day!

More to come but a picture is worth a thousand words.

I am just dog tired but wanted to post a few pics!

I got a great story to share next post!

MGB,

KC
Attached Thumbnails Andrew Casey's Cancer Battle-andrew-034.jpg   Andrew Casey's Cancer Battle-andrew-038.jpg   Andrew Casey's Cancer Battle-andrew-037.jpg  

Last edited by 05stangkc; 10/23/10 at 10:28 PM.
Old 10/25/10, 01:28 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for sharing the pics Kevin, they brought a huge smile to my face. Can't wait to hear the story. Mitch
Old 10/25/10, 10:06 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Great pics Kevin! Sounds and looks like you guys had a great day!!
Old 10/25/10, 11:56 AM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Awesome!
Old 10/25/10, 01:51 PM
Legacy TMS Member Retired

Oh, to see that smile on Andrew's face....warms the soul. Thanks so much for sharing.
Old 10/25/10, 06:07 PM
FR500 Member

Yep, great smile. Can't wait to hear the story!
Old 10/25/10, 07:02 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Yup! The smile says it all!
Old 10/28/10, 11:37 AM

Update

Saturday

Without a Doubt Saturday was a high point in Andrews Life. I had been trying for some time to get Andrew his ride in the car of his dreams.

We had planned on leaving early saturday Morning but complications kept popping up. George was having a hard time getting the car going as it had been setting for quite awhile and the Battery was dead and the fuel had gone bad in the tank the tags were expired on the car. He had purchased the car in Texas and had really hardly drove it so it had lots of little issues as well.

The plan was to get the car on a trailer and get it to house so Andrew could be around to surpervise and make it road worthy. Well the trailer had issues so I made the call to go on over and help. Having owned numerous mopars back in the day I am very familar with the chargers and figured I could help. I told Andrew & he said worst case secenario he would at least like to visit & see the cars again. We were waiting for a friend to show up & he finally showed just about when we were all ready. We maid sure Andrew had taken all his meds & packed the oxygen tank. Andrew has been on oxygen since friday after his broncoscopy.

We made the 45 minute trip & he was feeling fair. George had just finally got the car going & we pushed a non running car out of the way & I pulled the Daytona out. It was dusty so we gave it a quick wash.

It had expired tags & we were agonizing over taking it out but at the last minute george said look through these registrations so we would at least have some documentation in the car if we got pulled over. The very first registration we found had tags on it and they said 70 dodge & I said hey wait a minute these are for the car. I double checked the plates and sure enough the tags were current. Whoo hoo! The car was not insured but we went for it. The car had old gas and did not run very well but heh he just wanted to drive it.

I had george ride with him and my friend john & I followed in the marquis with the oxygen tank at the ready if Andrew felt he needed it. Andre took the car for a short ride through the little farming town where George lives which by the way looks like a throwback from the 70's! Andrew got quite the thrill as many of the local's got neck sprains checking out this car you just never see on the road. Thank goodness it was a 70 degree day as it was perfect for the jaunt.

The ride was over very quick but Andrew was all smiles after getting to drive something dad has wanted since he eight and saw one new. Andrew Has a been a fan since he was a wee lad as well.

After the ride George asked what I wanted to do next. I jokingly said I would like to take it home so Andrew could sit in it and just have it at the house. George said without hesitation Take it! I said you need to be the one to tell him this as I simply could not fathom this act of generosity.

The car was running very poorly and it was quite a drive so I felt it best I do the majority of the driving home. Andrew rode shotgun and was comfortable with the Vent wing A/C and his Oxygen tank.

We were not two miles from Georges when we came to an intersection with a California Highway Patrol was right behind our tail car and followed us down the two lane back road until we got to the next town where I felt It would be a good time to get some fresh fuel. We pulled into a station and it was shut down. My friend john was right behind us followed by the CHP. I waved john to pull along side and instead the CHP pulled up next to us. I am thinking what in the world did we do. I was just putting at the speed limit.

He rolls down his window and says heh is that a Real Daytona! I explaned it was a tribute car based on a 70 Charger. He said great looking car and speed off! Thank goodness I found the Tags!

We got gas at the next station and the customers were dumbfounded by this beast. People were taking pictures with their cell phones and you could here the comment from passersby heh a daytona or cool car etc.

The car was detonating real bad due to the gas so pulled over & I backed off the timing and took off down the Road. The car continued to run better.

When we got about three miles from the house I pulled over again & Asked Andrew if he would would like to take her in. He was up to it so I switched his tank over to his side and off he went. My wife heard the car way before we hit the front yard and was standing at the front smiling ear to ear. We did not tell her we were bringing it home.

We got andrew settled on the front porch and simply drank in the day and shared the days story with mom. I quickly started fixing all the issues I discovered on the trip home including some potent octane booster to offset the old fuel.

In no more than 10 minutes a passerby just had to stop and check it out. He said he was a chevy guy but had to see this car up close.

Relatives all started showing up out of the blue & Andrew had a great time explaining all about his dream car. Dad worked feverisly getting it ready for some more cruisin. After fixing a few things I asked if he was up to a quick ride as I knew he was getting exhausted. We went for a quick spin & I thought it would be cool if drove it back in for all the relatives to see him drive it in.

He brought it in and we wound down the day & got him his dinner & meds & went in

I was nervous about having the car at the house & made sure to park it in a less obvious spot and block it in with another car.

I made a call to george to thank him for his act of kindness, trust & generosity. As we were talking he said you tell Andrew to get better and The car is his. I just could not process this and thought I was not understanding him. I just am not hearing this. I said I would like you to tell him direct what you are telling me. It just did not compute. As I watched Andrews face I could tell he was telling him the same thing. Andrew was also in complete shock. I had to call the wife in and she had the same reaction.

After we let let this sink in I told Andrew we should go check the car out some more and set in the driveway just staring and talking about this miracle of generosity . I got Andews Oxygen Machine & plugged it into the garage and we set there in awe talking for over an hour until he needed to come in for Dinner & meds.

He said sunday morning he has not slept that well in ages.

Lots of other developments Since sunday & Iwill update soon. But for now please enjoy the Best Saturday ever.

MGB,

KC
Attached Thumbnails Andrew Casey's Cancer Battle-andrew-034.jpg   Andrew Casey's Cancer Battle-andrew-035.jpg   Andrew Casey's Cancer Battle-andrew-036.jpg   Andrew Casey's Cancer Battle-andrew-037.jpg   Andrew Casey's Cancer Battle-andrew-039.jpg  

Andrew Casey's Cancer Battle-andrew-040.jpg   Andrew Casey's Cancer Battle-andrew-042.jpg   Andrew Casey's Cancer Battle-andrew-043.jpg   Andrew Casey's Cancer Battle-andrew-044.jpg   Andrew Casey's Cancer Battle-andrew-045.jpg  

Last edited by 05stangkc; 10/22/22 at 01:14 PM.
Old 10/28/10, 12:08 PM
FR500 Member

EDIT:

Wow, what an incredible story!!! That day could hardly of gone any better. I truly hope that Andrew and all of you continue to find strength in such small miracles.

Blessings and prayers,
Chris

Last edited by PTRocks; 10/28/10 at 03:30 PM.
Old 10/28/10, 01:00 PM
Mach 1 Member

This is awesome. Continued prayers for Andrew & your family. Chargers (old school) rock. I love my Stang but, my favorite car was my 1968 Charger, back in the day.
God bless you all..........
Old 10/28/10, 01:43 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Amazing story about an amazing young man fulfilling the day in the life of Andrew Casey. Being able to have opportunities such as this and to see the smile makes this thread top notch. I love the smile and I know this medicine is making Andrew warm and happy inside out. Way to go Kevin! Way to go Casey!
Old 10/28/10, 02:39 PM
Bullitt Member

Wow that was a great story.....

Memories to last a long lifetime.

More prayers sent...
Old 10/28/10, 09:40 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 667 Likes on 541 Posts
Wow. Just... wow.

George is top notch. We need to gang up on him and send him something nifty for his cool act of win there. I dunno what. That's first class win right there.

I know Andrew will have many good times with that Daytona Tribute, but that day's story is going to be *hecka* tough to beat.

Give George a high five at least from me, ok? That put a gigantic smile on my face! I'm really happy for Andrew, I'm sure he's still thrilled and excited, yeah?

Continued thoughts and prayers from here...
Old 10/28/10, 10:56 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Hey everybody, send Andrew a card over the weekend and let's raise some money for Andrew and the dream here!

https://themustangsource.com/f655/of...6/#post5965633

Last edited by ShowGT; 10/29/10 at 08:16 PM.
Old 10/29/10, 09:04 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Kevin, I went to a local cruise this evening for a little boy named Chris who has a brain tumor. There was a Daytona there and all I could think about on the way home was seeing Andrew and your family driving down the interstate into the sunset after the cruise was over. Powerful stuff my friend, I still believe and I know Andrew believes too.

Last edited by ShowGT; 10/29/10 at 09:06 PM.
Old 10/29/10, 09:15 PM

Update

Well I waited for everybody to enjoy Saturday so I could break in the rest of the Week Gradually.

Sunday was also a nice day for Andrew as he had some friends stop by and Andrew got to show them the Daytona. He was pretty tired from saturday but had a good time.

I did a few things on the car & checked out the front end as it is pretty Loose. Also I had to put some seat shims back on the drivers side as it had none and unless you were over 6 ft tall you are staring at the rim of the steering wheel. I also fixed some other small issues and called it a day. We knew we had a big day at the doctors office Monday and we all needed to rest.
Old 10/29/10, 09:21 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Kevin, do we need to change a mailing address for Andrew and Card Fundraiser?
Old 10/29/10, 09:26 PM

Monday,

Well we got to the Doctors office on Monday & Andrew got labs & a chest X-Ray to see if the pnemonia had subsided. For what ever reason we ended up getting a bit lost in the shuffle and waited quite awhile for the doctor. My wife was climbing the walls waiting for some news as we knew this was going to be a day of decisions.

Here it is straight from the hip. The Doctor said they could do no more and recomended Hospice. The pnemonia is not getting any better and the cancer continues to grow.

I asked that he stay on the antibiotics and also get steroids as it keeps him from getting his usual High fevers early morning and early evening. It also increases appetite.

I can't tell you how hard monday was but tuesday was worse.

MGB,

KC

Last edited by 05stangkc; 10/29/10 at 09:41 PM.
Old 10/29/10, 09:34 PM

Tuesday

Tuesday was hospice day and they came out and got a lot of paperwork signed and explained what it was all about. Basically Hospice comes to the home of a terminally Ill person and treats the symptoms not the cause of the illness to make a person comfortable in their own home to pass away. You get to talk about weather or not to revive someone if they flatline or let them go naturally. Lot of stuff like that. Tuesday was rough. We really got beat to the ground. We signed up but ARE NOT BUYING! Mans word is not final only God's word is final.

MGB,

KC

Last edited by 05stangkc; 10/29/10 at 10:33 PM.
Old 10/29/10, 09:40 PM

Wendsday

Wendsday ,Andrew was worn pretty thin so I snuck over to work to pick up the warranty claims so I could do them from the house. We were starting to get a little wind back in our sails after monday & tuesday. We are not giving up on Andrew & continue to Pray for our Sons Healing. We are not done yet.

We are also using a natural cure on Andrew we were told about by a friend.

We got a call out of the blue from a doctor at city of hope & he asked a lot of questions & said he would review Andrews case & get back to us.

MGB,

KC

Quick Reply: Andrew Casey's Cancer Battle