Ford OEM Parts {Oem Ford Parts Information & Links} Get Ford Parts from Forum Member 05stangkc {Ebay Sales Link}

Andrew Casey's Cancer Battle

Search this Thread

Old 8/22/10, 04:12 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I will be praying for your son and family for healing!!! God Bless, Joe
Old 8/22/10, 04:53 PM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by 05stangkc
UPDATE!

A bit of sunshine today! Stanford Called and said they had over 1000 Preliminary Matches for a Bone Marrow Transplant. WOW~ The prayers must be kicking in!

MGB,

KC
That's awesome! I hope the best candidate is a close match.
Old 8/23/10, 06:50 AM
Bullitt Member

My best thoughts and prayers for your family and Andrew continue.

Mellow, beyond cool for you to help out as you have man. You deserve a nod in your direction as well.

Andretti
Old 8/25/10, 08:33 AM
Administrator, Shop Manual PDF Poster, Parts Locator & Spam Bot Eliminator!!

Received 2,861 Likes on 2,112 Posts
Update!

It appears Andrews condition is improving but I am cautious & waiting for the latest test results after this round of chemo. The protocall was changed and hopefully we are headed to the bone marrow transplant soon.

We got some good news last night as a Donor was located who matched Andrew 10 for 10 as far as compatibility. The donor will have to get further tests to make sure all is in place for the procedure but if all goes as hoped we may be starting the procedure in October. Thats a short time away in a healthy world but a lifetime in this roller coaster situation.

We really appreciate all the prayers & support we have recieved so far & look forward to your continued support during the next phase of Andrew's Treatment.

MGB,

KC

Last edited by 05stangkc; 8/25/10 at 08:34 AM.
Old 8/25/10, 08:40 AM
FR500 Member

Update!

It appears Andrews condition is improving but I am cautious & waiting for the latest test results after this round of chemo. The protocall was changed and hopefully we are headed to the bone marrow transplant soon.

We got some good news last night as a Donor was located who matched Andrew 10 for 10 as far as compatibility. The donor will have to get further tests to make sure all is in place for the procedure but if all goes as hoped we may be starting the procedure in October. Thats a short time away in a healthy world but a lifetime in this roller coaster situation.

We really appreciate all the prayers & support we have recieved so far & look forward to your continued support during the next phase of Andrew's Treatment.

MGB,

KC
Awesome news on the donor match. I'll be praying that the donor is able to undergo the procedure, and for Andrew's continued health.
Old 8/25/10, 08:57 AM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
awesome news Kev!! God is Good!
Old 8/26/10, 01:05 PM
Legacy TMS Member Retired

Update!

MGB,

KC
SUPER news, Kev. We continue to storm heaven in prayer for Andrew and family.
Old 8/26/10, 01:26 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thank God!!!!!!!!!!
Old 8/26/10, 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by maucoin65
SUPER news, Kev. We continue to storm heaven in prayer for Andrew and family.
Mike,

Thanks for the call. I needed a friendly voice to talk to!

Mgb,

Kc
Old 8/26/10, 05:13 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey buddy, wanted to check in this evening...

Brandon
Old 8/26/10, 08:49 PM

Smile

Mike,

Thanks for the call. I needed a friendly voice to talk to!

Mgb,

Kc
My pleasure, Kevin. It was great to hear your voice again. I was afraid I was taking up too much of your time. I have been remiss in not calling you sooner. I will do better. Meanwhile, be strong for Andrew, Terri and Sarah. You are a good man, Kevin Casey. Don't ever doubt that or let anyone tell you otherwise. We're interceding fiercely for you, Brother. God loves you, and so do we. M.

Last edited by maucoin65; 8/26/10 at 08:51 PM.
Old 8/26/10, 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by ShowGT
Hey buddy, wanted to check in this evening...

Brandon

Hey There!

Thanks for the Card & Goodie box! The brownies are quite Tasty!

I got your card as well for Andrew Today but forgot it at work. I get a little sketchy at the end of a 12 Hour Work Day! It was way cool. may have to scan it and share with the crowd.

Andrew is running a temp tonight and may end up in the Hospital this weekend. It's a shame cause the weather has been up to 107 and is supposed to drop to the high 80's this weekend. It would have been a great chance to get a little work done on the mopar!

I actually got to play for a short time back in parts world today. Felt pretty good. I got a GT-500 Kit,Trufiber Hood & Rear bumper bound for spain via Florida going out. The deal has been cooking for months & is finally in process. Have to get some pics for the Conversion forum.

MGB,

KC
Old 8/26/10, 09:19 PM

Kev: What year is Andrew's Charger??
Old 8/27/10, 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by maucoin65
Kev: What year is Andrew's Charger??
1972 Dodge Charger Se 400 Auto

KC
Old 8/27/10, 11:36 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I wanted to say you are most Welcome and maybe you shared your new found goodies with co-workers or family.... I am running some current ebay auctions and will be sending a donation next month on Andrew's behalf as well, thank you and I hope this is a happy and healthy weekend for your family.

Brandon
Old 8/28/10, 09:49 PM

Update,

Well, Andrew was not strong enough to do much anything today but I was on a mission to get the 67 LTD out of the driveway under it's own power. It was hauled from out back with a tow rope 8 or 10 months ago not having run for years.

I simply had no room to do anything with two cars on jackstands in the driveway and I am tired of not having a shady place to work or wash the cars. You don't want to know how sad the Mustang Looks. Dead Battery and an inch of Dust. Now I can clean it up. I almost had it sold two weeks ago by our sales department but the customer backed out.

Andrew had done the majority of the work on the LTD before he got sick. He pressure washed it inside out to get the creatures out. He also tore it down and put the timing chain in it. He also painted and detailed the engine. I had pulled the wheel and brake drums and really imobilized it.

So today I got sarah to be my assistant and took the time to explain exactly what and why I was doing on the car as I worked on it. She had taken basic Auto Shop in High School after a little pressure from Dad and Andrew but had shown only limited interest in actually working on a car until today. After we got the LTD to moved out of the driveway I offered to help her put some KYB Gas Shocks on her Fairlane. She bought them months ago and Andrew was going to wrench them on before he was sidelined.

For some reason I thought heck she could do this by herself with just minimal oversight from dad and might learn something. Turns out she really enjoyed herself and did not mind the grease at all. She had a pretty good knack for it and also commented she really appreciated my teaching style, go figure.

She would kill me if she knew I posted these pics, she is so camera shy, but being the proud pop that I am. Well a picture is worth a thousand words so here you go. I need to find her boyfriends email so I can send him some as well.

After we were done I took the car out for a test drive and showed her a few tricks for getting the most performance out of the car by manually shifting the C6 through the gears. I also power timed it for better response. OOPS Should I have done that. Too late now! Oh and Andrew felt good enough at the end of the day to take a little test drive as well. I think it made him feel normal if only for a short time.

Anyway this was a great day it was about 86 Degree's and it was just quite enjoyable. I did not think about all the pressures of work or Andrews situation. Just got to be{ a Dad } for the Day!

Hopefully he will be up to a little work on the Dodge during the upcoming Labor Day weekend. It will likely be the last time for quite awhile he will be able to do much as Chemo starts again and then it's Bone Marrow Transplant time.

If only I could get his car at least driveable by the time he would come home from Stanford in late December. His Birthday is Dec 23Rd What a great Birthday/Christmas he would have. Well maybe I can get Sister to help now that she got her taste for Grease. LOL!

Or Maybe I will hit the lottery before long and I could get Andrews car totally restored and pick him up from the hospital in it. Wow that would be the ticket. Well I really just pray for him being cancer free and starting his life over for the second time.

MGB,

KC
Attached Thumbnails Andrew Casey's Cancer Battle-andrew-018.jpg   Andrew Casey's Cancer Battle-andrew-021.jpg  

Last edited by 05stangkc; 8/28/10 at 10:43 PM.
Old 8/29/10, 06:05 AM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 343 Likes on 216 Posts
Kevin, would it be possible to send a check rather than using Paypal? If so, send me a PM with the contact information. Thanks.
Old 8/29/10, 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by 1 BULLITT
Kevin, would it be possible to send a check rather than using Paypal? If so, send me a PM with the contact information. Thanks.
Sure,

My Pm Feature is turned off so if you just send an email to andrewjcaseyfund@aol.com I will reply to you there. I checked out your stat page when I tried to PM and see you are a little older than my daughter and a little younger than my son. This must hit pretty close to home for you. I wish you good health always.

We really appreciate your support. The donations have become few and far in between these days.

Andew & Terri are on the way to Fresno this A.M. for a blood transfusion heck of a way to spend a sunday. Sarah & I will attend to more chores while they are gone.

MGB,

KC

Last edited by 05stangkc; 8/29/10 at 09:38 AM.
Old 8/29/10, 09:32 AM

I have had this song stuck in my head for the Last few days when I am thinking about my family. Time is so short please make the time to spend it with family whenever you can.

Kc

My child arrived just the other day
He came to the world in the usual way
But there were planes to catch and bills to pay
He learned to walk while I was away
And he was talkin' 'fore I knew it, and as he grew
He'd say "I'm gonna be like you dad
You know I'm gonna be like you"

And the cat's in the cradle and the silver spoon
Little boy blue and the man on the moon
When you comin' home dad?
I don't know when, but we'll get together then son
You know we'll have a good time then

My son turned ten just the other day
He said, "Thanks for the ball, Dad, come on let's play
Can you teach me to throw", I said "Not today
I got a lot to do", he said, "That's ok"
And he walked away but his smile never dimmed
And said, "I'm gonna be like him, yeah
You know I'm gonna be like him"

When you comin' home son?

Well, he came home from college just the other day
So much like a man I just had to say
"Son, I'm proud of you, can you sit for a while?"
He shook his head and said with a smile
"What I'd really like, Dad, is to borrow the car keys
See you later, can I have them please?"

I've long since retired, my son's moved away
I called him up just the other day
I said, "I'd like to see you if you don't mind"
He said, "I'd love to, Dad, if I can find the time
You see my new job's a hassle and kids have the flu
But it's sure nice talking to you, Dad
It's been sure nice talking to you"

And as I hung up the phone it occurred to me
He'd grown up just like me
My boy was just like me

Harry Chapin
{ cats in the cradle }

Last edited by 05stangkc; 8/29/10 at 09:34 AM.
Old 8/29/10, 12:34 PM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 343 Likes on 216 Posts
Sure,

My Pm Feature is turned off so if you just send an email to andrewjcaseyfund@aol.com I will reply to you there. I checked out your stat page when I tried to PM and see you are a little older than my daughter and a little younger than my son...
The birth date is not accurate, I am probably older than you are. I apologize, hopefully you will understand.

My wife has a Paypal account and processed the transaction at 11:11:16 PDT, I have the "Unique Transaction ID Number" should you need it. Please let me know if you have received it. I'd like to have the peace of mind it went to the right account. Thanks.

Last edited by 1 COBRA; 8/29/10 at 12:36 PM.

Quick Reply: Andrew Casey's Cancer Battle