Ford OEM Parts {Oem Ford Parts Information & Links} Get Ford Parts from Forum Member 05stangkc {Ebay Sales Link}

Andrew Casey's Cancer Battle

Search this Thread

Old 12/11/10, 08:09 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Kevin, I would like for you to call me this evening if you see this post, thanks

Brandon 816-507-1860 anytime my friend, I know your time is family time. Thanks again!
If you have the time, please take a few minutes and give me a call this weekend or Monday. Thanks
Old 12/12/10, 01:42 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Kevin, just missed your call. Give me a call back, sorry I was on another line with a client.
Old 12/12/10, 03:20 PM
The Analog Admin!

Received 3,180 Likes on 2,327 Posts
Originally Posted by ShowGT
Kevin, just missed your call. Give me a call back, sorry I was on another line with a client.
It was nice talking to you! I am sure Andew will appreciate all the goodies coming his way from your contacts. I know you are doing a lot of legwork behind the scenes for him and I also appreciate it.

Mgb,

KC
Old 12/12/10, 07:32 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Kevin and to everyone who posts in this thread -

I have spoken to Kevin on a few occasions and I will say this, you are upbeat more now than when I first talk to you a few months back. I shared with you my kindness and prayers, Andrew will have a Christmas to put on record and look forward to a successful 2011 with not only his families support but the outreach and kindness of this website and the many others and vendors who have stepped up to bat here as well. I for one, wish I could be there on Christmas morning knowing what I know and what I have shared with Kevin this will be a holiday to remember having your family together and extended family under the tree.

Keep Andrew smiling and I know Dad, Terri and Sarah too will have a Christmas to remember in 2010.
Old 12/13/10, 09:02 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Models are being wrapped and readied for shipping

Kevin,

Got the paint and brushes and the following models

68 Charger
Charger Daytona
71 charger
68 coronet super bee

As soon as my elf finishes wrapping them, I will have them fedex'd to grandma's!

Brandon,
Sorry for not getting back to you... We've had some hospital activity ourselves this weekend.
Old 12/13/10, 12:06 PM
The Analog Admin!

Originally Posted by WarpdSpazm
Kevin,

Got the paint and brushes and the following models

68 Charger
Charger Daytona
71 charger
68 coronet super bee

As soon as my elf finishes wrapping them, I will have them fedex'd to grandma's!

Brandon,
Sorry for not getting back to you... We've had some hospital activity ourselves this weekend.

Very Cool! I hope everything turned out OK with your weekend Hospital Issues!

Mgb,

KC
Old 12/13/10, 12:27 PM
The Analog Admin!

Grandma's Address Gto Buried in this Rather Long Forum so I will repost for those last Minute Shippers!

Mgb,

KC

Originally Posted by 05stangkc
We will use grandma's house to keep it on the down low!

Andrew Casey
C/O Jo Smock
1640 West Princeton Court
Visalia Ca. 93277

Mgb,
Old 12/13/10, 03:13 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Ray, family comes first just ask Kevin. You can still make the deadline but cards need to created on or the day before the 15th to 99% ensure delivery on the 24th. Just let me know, take care of the family first.
Old 12/15/10, 12:03 PM
Bullitt Member

Kevin,

Models are in the mail! Fedex picked up this morning. Package should be at Grandma's Monday or Tuesday... Gifts are all wrapped up. The box has 4-models 2- paint kits 1- bag of brushes. Sorry about no bows or ribbon... Didn't think they'd survive the trip!

Brandon,
Sorry about the cards not getting ordered. I can assure you the money that it would have generated will make it to Kevin and family, however. I'm going to count the cards my wife mailed out and send a paypal....
Old 12/15/10, 01:01 PM
The Analog Admin!

Update

Andrew is at his Doctors Appointment and I am Awaiting The Findings. He was put on High Blood Pressure Medication has not been doing as well as he has. I had a feeling and pulled up the Side effects on the perscription and sure enough most of his Issues are likely caused by the Drug. I am just not a fan of something that you take that does more harm than good. It really put his activity level backwards. Lately he has not been out in the Garage where I know he wants to be.

I stayed home today to wrap a few things for his Birthday while he was not underfoot.

More Later!

Mgb,

KC
Old 12/15/10, 02:05 PM
The Analog Admin!

UPDATE!

I got the call from the wife. The Doctor Neglected to tell us Last week that the Cancer {Blasts} were coming back. That's a Rather Important piece of news. It was at 2%. Today it is at 15%. We urgently need Your Prayer Support!

Mgb,

Kc 4 Andrew, Terri & Sarah
Old 12/15/10, 03:38 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well I don't understand how the percentages work, but I hope that maybe it's time for him to get back on treatment and beat this thing once and for all!

On a side note, my dad refused blood pressure medication for the same exact reason, and he never does things like that. Said the risk was not worth it the risk of the high blood pressure!
Old 12/15/10, 03:43 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by WarpdSpazm
I'm going to count the cards my wife mailed out and send a paypal....
Nice!!! Awesome gesture.
Old 12/16/10, 03:54 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Ray, awesome gesture. I have been out of the loop for 2 days since Microsoft and IE did not adopt the new software for the server I run at home, no internet. I would like to offer you and your wife a few free cards for Andrew after Christmas. I will get with you after the holidays, as a goodwill gesture of course. I wish more members would take the challlenge I posted but not so.

As for Andrew I hope this is a small step back and big setback. I am sending my goody box Friday, and still working on the behind the scenes for him as well, Kevin is aware of what I am working on presently. I will make some announcements once I get confirmation. Thanks Ray and Prayers and angels for the Casey Family.
Old 12/18/10, 12:11 PM
The Analog Admin!

Update

The Good News~

Thursday Afternoon I took the drive to the Dealership to pick up my second Gt-500 Kit for a customer as an independant. Everybody wanted to visit and see how Andrew was but it was getting late and I needed to get back to town to Check on Andrews 72 Before the Shop Closed.

After 5 years it finally breathed life Again and I got to hear The Rumble of the Big block with The Radical Cam & The Very Cool Custom Coffin Muffler Exhaust. It really sounds good which I describe as Rasty & Nasty! It has some issues & won't Idle correctly at the moment but that will be Addressed.

When I got Home I told Andrew about it & he was excited to go down Friday & give it a listen. I told him the sound would make babies cry & small children run for cover!

We went Down Friday morning and Andrew was not disappointed. It really gave him a thrill to finally be able to start & hear his car with the mods He & Dad did together. We hope it will be dialed in very soon as I would like it to come home & have him be able to drive it to Grandma's on Christmas & bring home his Treasures in his own Car. Some provided by our generous TMS Friends!

MGB,

KC

Last edited by 05stangkc; 12/18/10 at 12:12 PM.
Old 12/18/10, 12:35 PM
The Analog Admin!

UPDATE!

The Not so good News!

Friday Afternoon.

We got home & I noticed Andrew was not feeling very spry & was just not looking to good. I let him rest in the Recliner while I was working around the House. About 2:30 He got a nose bleed and with his super low platelettes we knew we had a fight on our hands to get it stopped.

He held pressure on it for an hour and we also tried an Ice Pack and no good. He needs an Infusuion and it was getting Late & we knew The Infusion Center was not open all day & the Doctors Office would also be closing and it might be an Issue to get the infusion orders as needed so we made the call & were told we needed to be in Fresno before 4:00 and it was 2:45. It is an hour Drive under good circumstances and we are having some really Nasty Rain.

It was chaos getting ready for the trip & the wife got everything together & Andrew & I headed out the Door. He was so weak & could barely keep his balance & walk I knew I needed help so I had Terri get Sarah To go with us.

We made it through the Bad Elements on Time & safely And all the while I am thinking if I get in a wreck & Andrew gets cut he would simply bleed to death. His nose bleed was fierce and he had a pan to catch the Blood in his lap the whole way. He never complained he just held pressure with his weak shaky Arm the whole Trip. Being neutrepenic we can't just take him to a local emergency room as the Germs in there could be leathal.

We get to the Hospital at 4:00 and since this is an unscheduled visit the paperwork bogs us down for an Hour before he finally gets his first bag of Platlettes. All the While his pan is filling with blood and he is coughing up clumps. His tee Shirt looks like he was in a fight with splatterd blood everywhere.

Sarah & I are Andrews nurses when it comes to taking care of the Nosebleed as we are simply in an infusion clinic and no treatment for that is available. We keep him as clean & comfortable as possable during the infusion. All the while I am wondering when will this nosebleed ever stop. Quietly praying to myself all the while.

It's getting close to 6:00 and the second bag comes and I am thinking to myself this has to stop soon are we are in trouble. Andrew Says it's slowing but by his bloody Tissue paper he is constantly changing I have my Doubts.

It's getting to be 7:00 and The second bag is done and The bleeding seems to be finally Slowing. I tell Andrew if we can't get it stopped they are going to want to admit him & I ask him if wanted that or to go home. He does not want to be in the hospital and would like to go home.

Andrew says he feels the bleeding is finally down to nothing and gradually releases presure and at 7:30 we are good and getting ready to leave. They had a call in to the doctor and he calls right as we are leaving.

He want them to give him a special nose spray but the only way to get it done is to go through emergency and be examined first. No way he is going through a flu Riddled Area & catching something. We try to get them to come up to infusion & do it but no good. So After another 1/2 hour of trying to get this done Andew is no longer bleeding & we decide to go home.

We get home & Mom has a Meal prepared so Andrew can eat & takes his meds. He rested comfortably through the night and is Taking it easy today.

Quite a night & Andrew took it in stride. I am proud of how well he handles himself. Sarah also took the Journey well & was helpful & supportive! I pray for healing & hope for the Best.

Mgb,

Kc 4 Andrew, Terri & Sarah

Last edited by 05stangkc; 12/18/10 at 03:04 PM.
Old 12/18/10, 02:49 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

I hope this is simply a small step back in the action, prayer and well wishes as always. I have shipped a goody box for him, not sure it will hit before the 24th. I was curious is anything else has come that we had spoken about, I need to follow up Monday with my contacts as well.
Old 12/18/10, 06:04 PM
V6 Member

You guys are in our daily prayers, and were praying this setback is short.
Old 12/19/10, 09:25 AM
Legacy TMS Member Retired

Kevin: Wow, what an ordeal. We have been praying throughout but will certainly step up the prayers. May God give you wisdom, peace, strength, hope, grace and healing. May God bless the Casey family.
Old 12/21/10, 05:56 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Kevin, it gives me great pleasure to share this opportunity with you and the entire TMS Family....

Another one of Andrew's wishes has been fulfilled with personal pleasure and fulfillment on my behalf and Shane.

Brandon,
It’s on its way...Cheers!

Sincerely,
Shane Christman
Mothers® Polishes•Waxes•Cleaners
5456 Industrial Drive
Huntington Beach, CA 92649

Quick Reply: Andrew Casey's Cancer Battle