05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

Center fog lights...

Search this Thread

Old 5/16/06, 08:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by adrenalin
so how many of you guys had to grind down some metal in order to get the grille to fit properly after installing the fog lights?
Hey John,

I didn't have to do anything like what you did to get it to fit. My went in no prob at all.

BTW- Adrenalin is looking good!
Old 5/16/06, 09:38 AM

A letter from KS Reproduction Corp.

Let me give everyone a bit of background on this issue and our position in as much as there seems to be a few versions. First, the V8 “Eleanor” and the 6 cyl GT conversion grille have been in development for well over a year. Whenever we bring a new item to market we go through the same exercise each and every time to be sure that fit and finish it at a level which will meet or exceed our end users expectations. The only way to determine this is to run preproduction samples and distribute them to a group of select end users and / or distributors for evaluation. These evaluations ALWAYS include installation on a vehicle. Critiques are noted and modifications or enhancements are made to the tooling, materials, textures, fasteners, etc. After these modifications are made more preproduction samples are run and again distributed to these same folks for yet another round of evaluation. Generally by the time the second round of preproduction samples have been run and evaluated we have a final version.
The “Eleanor” grille was no exception.
The problem with the “Eleanor” grille is simply that running a preproduction sample is a bit different from volume production. What has happened is that the grille was being pulled from the tool before it had cooled sufficiently. In the cooling process the bottom edge warped because it was not supported by the tool. A slight change in the compounding of the plastic will cure this problem. Nobody is more disappointed with the warping issue than KSR. Tens of thousands of dollars have been invested in this item and we certainly did not invest our resources to produce a substandard product which would ultimately tarnish our good name. The problem came to light very early on and we contacted all of our distributors and instructed them to stop shipping, recall their remaining inventory and handle returns promptly. We were disappointed to see some vendors still selling these grilles after being notified of the recall. The second problem involves broken mounting tabs. We have been notified that in a few cases these tabs have been broken during shipment from the distributor to the end user. We have also taken steps to ensure that the shipping box will include some additional packaging material to cushion the grille in the event of rough handling. All of our distributors are well aware that we stand behind this product as we do with all KSR goods.
The procedure for you is simple,,,,,,call the distributor who you purchased the grille from and tell them you wish to return it for a refund. To correct another misconception ,,,,,someone has written that we insist that the grilles be returned within one week,,,,this is untrue. From the beginning we had expected that the end users would simply keep the grille installed on the car until new product filled the pipeline. When you plan to return the grille is between you and your distributor.
With the stated revisions to production in place we expect more grilles in approximately 8- 12 weeks. We wish it could be sooner but that is the absolute best we can do in as much as we need to evaluate this new production as well.

We at KS Reproduction Corp. sincerely apologize for any inconvenience as a result of this unfortunate occurrence.

With best regards,
Nelson Roger
President
KS Reproduction Corp.
Old 5/16/06, 09:49 AM
Mach 1 Member

Now that is exactly what should have happened....thank you Nelson for letting us know what is going on. I will definetly wait the 8-12 (more) weeks for your grill. Way to own up to what is going on....im sure yall are just as upset as us!!!!!
Old 5/16/06, 09:53 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Nelson thank you very much for the honest and up front explanation of what happened. You can bet your post will earn you a lot of respect around here
Old 5/16/06, 10:12 AM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by 2006GT
Hey John,

I didn't have to do anything like what you did to get it to fit. My went in no prob at all.

BTW- Adrenalin is looking good!
Same here John, no metal bending or grinding....fit was fine after straightening.

Paul
Old 5/16/06, 10:14 AM

Yes thank you. One clearification... Are you saying that those of us who already installed the grill can trade it in when the new and improve version comes out?
Old 5/16/06, 10:16 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by wild stray
Same here John, no metal bending or grinding....fit was fine after straightening.

Paul
Hmm odd...I wonder if there is something slightly different between GT's. Now would be the time to address it!

Can you take pics of what yall had to grind??
Old 5/16/06, 10:28 AM

To 2006GT

Originally Posted by 2006GT
Yes thank you. One clearification... Are you saying that those of us who already installed the grill can trade it in when the new and improve version comes out?
2006GT,

I expect that those who like the look of the KSR "Eleanor" grille will ask their distributor to ship new product as it becomes available.
But again,,,,it is up to you. If you choose to return it to your distributor now,,,fine,,,if you want to keep it in your car until the new production arrives,,,that's fine as well. I will issue credit to my distributors for any defective grilles once they return them to me. I would expect that distributors will want the defective grille back from you BEFORE they issue another. Or,,,,you could buy another from your distributor,,,install it,,and then return the defective for a credit.

Nelson
Old 5/16/06, 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by ks reproduction
2006GT,

I expect that those who like the look of the KSR "Eleanor" grille will ask their distributor to ship new product as it becomes available.
But again,,,,it is up to you. If you choose to return it to your distributor now,,,fine,,,if you want to keep it in your car until the new production arrives,,,that's fine as well. I will issue credit to my distributors for any defective grilles once they return them to me. I would expect that distributors will want the defective grille back from you BEFORE they issue another. Or,,,,you could buy another from your distributor,,,install it,,and then return the defective for a credit.

Nelson
Sounds good. Thanks for standing behind your product! It's good business.
Old 5/16/06, 10:56 AM
Mach 1 Member

Thank you for straightening the the various issues we had with the grille. I am certain this will make us feel much better about it and you and your company.I hope it also takes the stress off some of your sellers too.
Old 5/16/06, 10:58 AM

Hey there Homer here in Virginia interested in the center fog lamps.
I'm in a few weeks hopefully getting the ram air from fang for my V-6.
I also want to put a duct tail rear spoiler on . By the way I have 2006 blk, V-6 coupe no rear spoiler thought it looked too 1990's.
Old 5/16/06, 11:00 AM

Oh forgot put cobra rims and good year eagle P275-R40's (rear) and 50's on ( front).
Old 5/16/06, 11:02 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by energizerracingparts
HERE IS HOW I WILL HANDLE the returns!!!!!

1. email me include your name address and ebay name
2. wait for my instructions on sending back.
3. when i get your grille back with a copy of your paypal payment i will credit the grille .
4. the mfg is not covering any shipping & i will not hold money for replacements not sure if i'm getting any when they come back in and my opinion is 8-10 weeks. If i do get them I will give best deal possible to those who purchased 1st time.
5. i am very sorry for any problems.
6. returns must be made with in the next week. MFG will not accept these back later when new ones are available.

Butch Clayton
Energizer Racing & Parts
energizer@netcarrier.com
Hey Butch,
KSR says to keep the grille until we want to make the trade (8-10 weeks for new product). Your #6 requirement says the opposite.

KSR: "The procedure for you is simple,,,,,,call the distributor who you purchased the grille from and tell them you wish to return it for a refund. To correct another misconception ,,,,,someone has written that we insist that the grilles be returned within one week,,,,this is untrue. From the beginning we had expected that the end users would simply keep the grille installed on the car until new product filled the pipeline. When you plan to return the grille is between you and your distributor."

Can we get a clarification please.
Thanks for your help on this one. What FUBAR, eh.
Old 5/16/06, 12:22 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would like to see what Butch says about this as well. If they (KSR) is willing to take back the malformed grill when the new ones come out, that is awsome.

For those of us who have already installed it, it is some great advertising for the grill and will probably drive demand even higher.
Old 5/16/06, 12:32 PM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by NOLAGT
Hmm odd...I wonder if there is something slightly different between GT's. Now would be the time to address it!

Can you take pics of what yall had to grind??
I will be working on it again this weekend and will take pics. A few things to point out. My car was built in Oct 2004, so that may be one reason, however, there are no issues with the stock grille so I have a feeling that the lower warpage is not the only issue with the grille I received.
Old 5/16/06, 12:49 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Wow. Now that's an excellent company. Definitely earned my respect.
(once you guys get this straightened out, would you PLEASE consider manufacturing a GT grille w/o fogs or the pony? ... since you have all the bugs worked out now. )
Old 5/16/06, 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by StangNut
Wow. Now that's an excellent company. Definitely earned my respect.
(once you guys get this straightened out, would you PLEASE consider manufacturing a GT grille w/o fogs or the pony? ... since you have all the bugs worked out now. )
StangNut,

We had considered building the V8 grille without lamps and pony but after polling the distributors we felt that there would not be enough interest.
Unfortunately we must build in the thousands of each specific grille to recoup tooling cost,,,and the V8 without fogs and pony just doesn't look like it would hit the numbers. For the 6 CYL drivers we are building the GT look-alike grille with and without pony emblem.
We are always looking for new items to build and welcome any input from Mustang enthusiast.
Old 5/16/06, 01:32 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Yeah. That's what I figured. Oh well. Thanks for the response.
Guess I'll go back to attempting to build my own.
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=46929
Old 5/16/06, 07:30 PM

just doing what i was told

I have just been doing what I was told, this is new information to me. about keeping them until new ones arrive.

Like I said from the begining I will do what ever KSR will back up!
Old 5/16/06, 07:38 PM

also does this mean no one is returning grilles to me other than ones damaged in shipping????????//////////////

cause I don't know up from down any more. I tried to keep this organized so nothing got screwed up but, who knows now